Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

DSS Stopped U.s.-based Lawyer, Emeka Ugwuonye From Travelling Out (VIDEO) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / DSS Stopped U.s.-based Lawyer, Emeka Ugwuonye From Travelling Out (VIDEO) (1122 Views)

Third Mainland Suicide: The Woman At The Center Of The Story Speaks Out (Video) / Don Wanny's Chief Security Officer Shot Dead By DSS Operatives. Graphic Photos / Emeka Ugwuonye Exposes Lady's HIV Status To Shame Her After They Fell Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DSS Stopped U.s.-based Lawyer, Emeka Ugwuonye From Travelling Out (VIDEO) by Ebal: 9:49am On May 21, 2016
U.S.-based lawyer, Emeka Ugwuonye stopped from travelling out of the country By DSS

Maryland-based attorney Emeka Ugwuonye, who is at the center of a scam in which he illegally pocketed $1.55 million that belonged to the Nigerian embassy in the US, has suffered yet another legal setback.
In 2015, it was also reported by saharareporter, Mr. Ugwuonye, who was found liable by a US Superior Court for embezzling $1.55 million belonging to the Nigerian embassy in the US in in 2007.
In 2013, US District Court judge, Barbara Rothstein, had ordered Mr. to immediately refund $1.55 million in tax refunds he stole from the Nigerian embassy in Washington, DC in 2007. Judge Rothstein also held Mr. Ugwuonye liable to a pre-judgment interest at a rate of 6% per annum. The total judgment against the shady lawyer totaled $2,075,131.30 as of July 12, 2013, the date of Judge Rothstein’s verdict.
On thursday 19 May 2016, he was stopped from travelling out of Nigeria at the Airport by the Department of state services (dss). He shared his ordeal with DSS officers at Airport, he said:
"MY PASSPORT WAS INITIALLY STAMPED, THEN ...
It was such a drama today. First, a member of DPA high in the Nigerian security apparatus had met me at the airport to expedite my passage. Everything went swiftly. But my name and picture were on every DSS computer screen. My assist, an officer, was carrying my bag. And I was waived all through till the last desk. Gbam! They realized what was happening and there was a lot of movement. The entire security lines were stopped.

Funnily enough, they didn't really speak with me immediately. They were just looking at me and arguing among themselves. Then, a more senior officer arrived and after being briefed, he came to me and politely asked me to follow them to their office. Then the drama intensified. Eventually it was clear to me that the officers at the airport were determined to let me go. But they must get clearance. Finally, the word came. Emeka cannot leave the country. He must be turned back.

But my luggage was already in the airplane. The airline staff were already calling for me to come aboard, etc. The DSS officers ironically were now interested in ensuring that I was safe. Amazing country. I'm frustrated, but not angry. Tomorrow, I will try again."

http://ebalsblog..co.uk/2016/05/us-based-lawyer-emeka-ugwuonye-stopped.html

[ url=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yu2FIoPyf0[/url]

Re: DSS Stopped U.s.-based Lawyer, Emeka Ugwuonye From Travelling Out (VIDEO) by gisthit: 9:50am On May 21, 2016
That is good for him,he not be allowed to even step out of his house if possible. smiley
Re: DSS Stopped U.s.-based Lawyer, Emeka Ugwuonye From Travelling Out (VIDEO) by madridguy(m): 9:52am On May 21, 2016
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Pls. Nairalanders, How Do I Report Noise Pollution In Lagos.. / Touching Story Of ‘big Booty'african Slave, Sara Baartman / 3 Of Them Were Not Badoo Men...jungle Justice Killed 3 Innocent Souls In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.