Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,967 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) (39329 Views)

Ibibio Cuisines To Try / Yoruba Cuisines To Try / Well Packaged Nigerian Dishes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by BossDanniee(m): 11:01am On May 21, 2016
Back Again! This is a related post to
https://www.nairaland.com/3118500/celebrities-famous-people-delta-state
Am going to discuss cuisines and dishes that is common among Deltans. Read and Enjoy!

Proudly Deltan!

3 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by BossDanniee(m): 11:05am On May 21, 2016
Banga Soup (Ofe Ekwu)
Nigerian Banga Soup or Ofe Akwu is native to
the Niger Delta and the South Eastern parts of
Nigeria. In the Niger Delta areas, Banga soup
is commonly eaten with various fufu recipes:
Starch, Pounded Yam, Semolina, Garri and
Cassava Fufu. In the South Eastern parts of
Nigeria, Banga Soup is referred to as Ofe Akwu
where Ofe means Soup / Stew and Akwu
means palm fruit and is used mainly as stew
for Boiled White Rice. This soup is popular in my hometown Ika (Ika Nation).

Cc; Lalasticlala

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by BossDanniee(m): 11:11am On May 21, 2016
Ukhodo (Yam and Unripe plantain dish)
Ukhodo (a yam
and unripe plantain dish prepared with either
Beef, Poultry or fish and spiced with lemon
grass and potash and " Oghwevwri (emulsified
palm oil soup)". This dish is common among Urhobos of Delta State.

Cc; MissyB3 , tjskii

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by BossDanniee(m): 11:15am On May 21, 2016
Ukodo – Nigerian Yam & Pepper Soup Pottage
Ukodo is typical New Year’s day fare for breakfast/brunch dish eaten by the Urhobos in the south of Nigeria (The Itsekiris, also of the Niger Delta call their version Epuru). It is essentially a pottage – a stew of meat and vegetable, with its base as the Nigerian pepper soup ; with yams and plantains for vegetables. I’d like you to note that pottage and porridge are two different things. Like macarons and macaroons. Pottage: a stew, of meat and vegetables Porridge: a dish of cooked cereal, served sweet or savoury.
Cc; Mynd44

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by BossDanniee(m): 11:20am On May 21, 2016
Owgho Soup
It is pronounced Oh-W-Oh
soup, a culinary delight of the Urhobo people. The Urhobo’s are very proud of this dish. So
proud, in fact it is considered one of their
celebratory dishes. It is served with Starch or Yellow Garri.

Cc; Dominique

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Evestar200(f): 11:23am On May 21, 2016
That your banga soup picture nor enter class, the real banga soup nor b like that, and nor 4get to add IRIBOTOR join am.. cuz d soup na highest, d only soup wey nor nid fire. Proudly DELTAN

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by BossDanniee(m): 11:31am On May 21, 2016
Bonus; Sapele water (Ogogoro)
Lol! 'Ogogoro' as it is mostly called is a west African alcoholic
drink, usually brewed locally. It is most
popular in Nigeria , where it is known as the
country's homebrew. It is called Aka mere , Agbagba in [Urhobo] and has the power and ability to knockdown your brain! Lol, believe me!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Evestar200(f): 11:31am On May 21, 2016
See the real banga soup here

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Nobody: 11:47am On May 21, 2016
BossDanniee:
Back Again! This is a related post to
https://www.nairaland.com/3118500/celebrities-famous-people-delta-state
Am going to discuss cuisines and dishes that is common among Deltans. Read and Enjoy!

Proudly Deltan!
feeling U ma niqqa

2 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by BossDanniee(m): 11:49am On May 21, 2016
praizeblog:
feeling U ma niqqa
Thanks bro!
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by dominique(f): 2:28pm On May 21, 2016
BossDanniee:
Banga Soup (Ofe Akwu)
Nigerian Banga Soup or Ofe Akwu is native to
the Niger Delta and the South Eastern parts of
Nigeria. In the Niger Delta areas, Banga soup
is commonly eaten with various fufu recipes:
Starch, Pounded Yam, Semolina, Garri and
Cassava Fufu. In the South Eastern parts of
Nigeria, Banga Soup is referred to as Ofe Akwu
where Ofe means Soup / Stew and Akwu
means palm fruit and is used mainly as stew
for Boiled White Rice. This soup is popular in my hometown Ika (Ika Nation).

I love this soup so much but I don't know how it's made embarassed
Please share the recipe

1 Like

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by colossus2: 2:44pm On May 21, 2016
Evestar200:
See the real banga soup here
Na correct banga soup be this for inside ewere pot.
OP own Na ganba.
Wonder why he even tagged ofe aku along.
You sabi prepare banga? grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Evestar200(f): 3:01pm On May 21, 2016
colossus2:

Na correct banga soup be this for inside ewere pot.
OP own Na ganba.
Wonder why he even tagged ofe aku along.
You sabi prepare banga? grin
Mayb the OP na Delta North nai make he attatch ofe aku join. y i nor go sabi cook am? wey i b confirm Delta Central girl.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Evestar200(f): 3:05pm On May 21, 2016
OP your list is incomplete without banga rice and coconut rice.

11 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by BossDanniee(m): 3:43pm On May 21, 2016
dominique:

I love this soup so much but I don't know how it's made embarassed
Please share the recipe
Kindly view→ http://www.allnigerianrecipes.com/soups/banga-soup.html

1 Like

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by OKorowanta: 4:03pm On May 21, 2016
Ogwho soup
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by lanxlot(m): 4:04pm On May 21, 2016
This kind thread fit make person break dry fasting grin

2 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by VIPERVENOM(m): 4:04pm On May 21, 2016
T
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Stanleywaxy(m): 4:04pm On May 21, 2016
This Banga fit make pesin purge o grin
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by OKorowanta: 4:04pm On May 21, 2016
Evestar200:

Lol..iribotor
Beta wack.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Angoni(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2016
Buhari should eat this food, per chance he could get some wisdom! Fura dununu made that man too stupid!

14 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by nairaman66(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2016
Correct OP

Where is Egusi Pepper Soup and Ghana Pepper Soup??

Right now my mouth is watery!! grin

2 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by Opharhe: 4:05pm On May 21, 2016
Korrect. Make i drop dis one first... Infact, this is what i ate this morning. I represent Urhobo 100%. Wadoo!

Hot and spicy Ukodo

17 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by colossus2: 4:06pm On May 21, 2016
Evestar200:
You na daughter of the soil oh.
But I no like this two food sha.
Which part of central you come from and where be your location ?
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by VocalWalls: 4:06pm On May 21, 2016
Mnow that there is no money, you are bringing this thread here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by OKorowanta: 4:06pm On May 21, 2016
The ukodo make sense

4 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by calitosprince(m): 4:06pm On May 21, 2016
proudly deltan

2 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by OKorowanta: 4:07pm On May 21, 2016
Dat one nor be banga.
Dat one na mad stew. undecided

1 Like

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by colossus2: 4:07pm On May 21, 2016
OP put Ujuju eaten by Agbor people.
Edible worm and kpokpo garri also na delicacy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by WeNigerDelta: 4:08pm On May 21, 2016
The Op na real waa for you oooooo..... Stop to dey call Delta South dishes only one tribe own oooo.... You know as our matter they be, na that argument they go just take scatter the thread. Banga, Owgho, Epuru/ukodo, na all Itsekhiri, Urhobo and Ijaw food ooo... Also your banga pic na heavy falling hand..

5 Likes

Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by OKorowanta: 4:08pm On May 21, 2016
BossDanniee:
Ukhodo (Yam and Unripe plantain dish)
Ukhodo (a yam
and unripe plantain dish prepared with either
Beef, Poultry or fish and spiced with lemon
grass and potash and " Oghwevwri (emulsified
palm oil soup)". This dish is common among Urhobos of Delta State.

Cc; MissyB3 , tjskii

Bless star.
Re: Popular Cuisines And Dishes Among Deltans (photos) by blowjob: 4:10pm On May 21, 2016
Angoni:
Buhari should eat this food, per chance he could get some wisdom! Fura dununu made that man too stupid!
DUMMHEIT.... grin grin..SAI BABA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures From Abacha Hangout In Enugu State / A Nairalander Bought This Big Fish To Celebrate His Easter / Cockroach Entered Into My Pot Of Soup. Is It Still OK To Eat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.