Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland (75375 Views)

Famous Celebrities From Abia / Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS / Celebrities From Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by REDDEVILS1(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2016
So all these pple are from Imo State and Okorocha dey do una state yeye so. P.S no wonder Genevive and Rita Dominic neva marry, to marry an ordinary imo girl no be beans much more a celebrity.

*if you quote me and talk rubbish, Amadioha go strike you with Ara*

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2016
suyamasta:
Ndi Imo Ndewonu!!!
Ndewo ooo

2 Likes

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by sochima1989(m): 6:01pm On May 21, 2016
Meet Chima Raymond.....the founder of customers place amd a music maker from ngor okpala....
Bishops10:

Nwanne obu asi ooh......go back and check very well

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2016
ProsperUSA:
Where is my picture?

?

?

?

Where??
Oh....I thought you're from USA grin

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by rosieluv(f): 6:02pm On May 21, 2016
Bishops10:
Jidenna
Nigerian/American musician Jidenna mobisson is one handsome dude whom all the ladies in Awo idemmilli IMO state would like to worship whenever he comes to His hometown
He is the Classical Man
hmmmm i dnt tink jidenna is frm imo
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 6:06pm On May 21, 2016
misspeggy:
Yes!yes!yes!.... Meet miss Princess Aka missPeggy, from Ehime Mbano LGA in Imo State, just a peaceful girl for likes to love her family and Friends. #cheers#
Bae,Can we be friends
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by nkemdi89(f): 6:07pm On May 21, 2016
UnknownT:
Zinox is from Mbaitolu, Ubomiri I guess but not Ngor Okpala
I disagree for now but I will ask sons and daughters from that axis, during ohakim time he was very active, so I wonder why he won't be now when the number two citizen is from achi mbieri.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by nkemdi89(f): 6:08pm On May 21, 2016
fippycbk:

*clears throat* eeeermh, we don adopt this girl oooo, she don turn Owerri girl. Make person no come tomorrow say she no from Imo ooo.
where I come from before.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by chukwudubemvin(m): 6:09pm On May 21, 2016
Please claimers, daa Eucharia Uche is from my village; mbaraikoro umueleagwa onicha ezinihite mbaise and not aboh mbaise

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Chukazu: 6:10pm On May 21, 2016
Bishops10:
Kanu nwankwo
kanu nwankwo ,OON, or simply Kanu, is a retired Nigerian footballer who played as a striker. He was a member of and later captained the Nigerian national team for 16 years from 1994 until 2010.
Born: August 1, 1976 (age 39), owerri, nigeria.

you don't start... I know say if imolites never include Kanu for them Indegenous group,the list is never complete.. even the name "Kanu" is abian. keep claiming

2 Likes

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 6:11pm On May 21, 2016
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Heromaniaa: 6:14pm On May 21, 2016
DRJECKYLL:
Proud native of umuezeala-nsu ehime-mbano LGA Imo state Nigeria
I am from Orieagu. I am sure you have heard of it.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Dinobi77: 6:17pm On May 21, 2016
Dont forget Fan Ndubuoke, Mr fans youghort, from Mbaise.

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by macjireh: 6:18pm On May 21, 2016
WITH ALL D BIG NAMES U PARADE, U GUYS DON'T HAVE GOOD ROAD'S TO ALL UR VILLAGES. D STATE IS STILL HIGHLY UNDERDEVELOPED

NO HATIN, JUST SAYING D TRUTH

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Heromaniaa: 6:18pm On May 21, 2016
misspeggy:
Yes!yes!yes!.... Meet miss Princess Aka missPeggy, from Ehime Mbano LGA in Imo State, just a peaceful girl for likes to love her family and Friends. #cheers#
I am from Ehime too. where are you from precisely?
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by CharliParker: 6:18pm On May 21, 2016
Charles c Obasi A well known man from Mbaise

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by UnknownT: 6:19pm On May 21, 2016
nkemdi89:

I disagree for now but I will ask sons and daughters from that axis, during ohakim time he was very active, so I wonder why he won't be now when the number two citizen is from achi mbieri.
Ohakim's time, PDP. His brother Madumere, APC. politics isn't a brother affair. BTW, my Bro is married to an Mbieri girl, in the course of going to her house, I was shown Zinox's house, plus you can Google him
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by fippycbk(m): 6:23pm On May 21, 2016
nkemdi89:
where I come from before.

Na story you de find grin
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by fippycbk(m): 6:26pm On May 21, 2016
hurricaneChris:
Architect Chris U.N. Msc Lagos

One of finest young Nigerian Architects.

Born: Ezinihitte Mabise grin grin

We have 3 things in common
Architecture, M.sc, Mbaise... Udo diri gi nwanne.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 21, 2016
CUM4WHAT:
indeeed..... prettythicksme where u from?
I am from kaduna grin
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Abagworo(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2016
Dr Alban

Dr. Alban was born as Alban Uzoma Nwapa into a
middle-class family of 10 children in Oguta , Imo state,
Nigeria. He had his secondary education at Christ The
King College, Aba, Nigeria and spent most of his youth in
his hometown Oguta. At age of 23, he travelled to
Sweden to study dentistry .

To be able to finance his studies, Dr. Alban became a DJ. He worked as a DJ at the Stockholm club Alphabet Street . [1] Very quickly his
name became widely known, especially since Dr. Alban
often sang to the records he put on the turntable. DJ
René Hedemyr discovered him. Alban finished his studies
and even opened his own dentistry practice, keeping his
disk jockeying as a lucrative sideline.

In 1990, he met Denniz Pop from the SweMix label and
together with Denniz and Rap-Queen Leila K , they
released his first record, "Hello Afrika". Alban Uzoma
Nwapa took the stage name Dr. Alban, a nod to his
dental studies. His debut album Hello Afrika included hits
like " Hello Afrika" and " No Coke", both of which ended up
being million-selling singles. The album itself was
quite successful which earned Alban Gold-certification-
awards in numerous markets including Germany (for
sales of over 250,000 units), Austria (for sales of over
25,000 units) and Switzerland (for sales of over 25,000
units).

One year later this success was surpassed by the second
album One Love . The album contained European hit
singles such as " It's My Life" (which was used as
background music for a Tampax advert) and " Sing
Hallelujah ". The single "It's My Life" reached No.1 in
Israel, Austria , the Netherlands , Sweden , Germany and
No.2 in Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom. [8][9]
[10] While the song "It's My Life" reached Platinum
status in Germany (for sales of over 500,000 units), in the
Netherlands (for sales of over 75,000), it managed to sell
over two million copies in Europe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 21, 2016
Bishops10:

Nwanne obu asi ooh......go back and check very well
What of the founder of ABC transport?you will be cheating this thread, if you dont add him

Chai I must confess, this imo list is very intimidating. only an Eastern state can beat this list most likely anambra. outside that, I dont see any state from other regions beating this list. Kudos to the eastern heartland. The heartland of the rising sun.

I rep uzoagba, ikeduru. Alaaimo,Alaabiafra

4 Likes

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Abagworo(m): 6:34pm On May 21, 2016
Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu
Iwuanyanwu was born on 4 September 1942 in Atta, Ikeduru Local Government Area of Imo State of Nigeria. He studied Civil Engineering at the University of Nigeria and thereafter worked at the Hardel and Enic Construction Company, later acquiring it from the foreign operators. His business grew into a conglomerate of over 20 companies.
Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu
Iwuanyanwu was born on 4 September 1942 in Atta, Ikeduru Local Government Area of Imo State of Nigeria. He studied Civil Engineering at the University of Nigeria and thereafter worked at the Hardel and Enic Construction Company, later acquiring it from the foreign operators. His business grew into a conglomerate of over 20 companies.

3 Likes

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Seun360(m): 6:35pm On May 21, 2016
Bishops10:
Kanu nwankwo
kanu nwankwo ,OON, or simply Kanu, is a retired Nigerian footballer who played as a striker. He was a member of and later captained the Nigerian national team for 16 years from 1994 until 2010.
Born: August 1, 1976 (age 39), owerri, nigeria.

KANU is from Abia State.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by derecho(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2016
sammie771:
You did not put LATE SAM OKWARAJI,EMMANUEL AMUNIKE,CHIDI NWANU,ALLOY AGU,CHUKWU NDUKWE,GODWIN OKPARA,CELESTINE AND EMMANUEL BABAYARO(i knew them one on one.Their real surname is onouha.Babayaro name was adopted),MOBI OKPARAKU,OJIGWE PASCAL, etc
Wonderful players

2 Likes

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by 88natzy(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2016
Emeka Ihedioha, Late Prof Onwuliri, Late Prof Chinua Achebe , late Dr Sir Warrior. Mike Ahamba, Fan Nubuoke. [s]Late Mc loph.[/s]

Anybody from Enyiogugu, Okwuato and Mbutu Here?

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Abagworo(m): 6:37pm On May 21, 2016
Seun360:

KANU is from Abia State.
Arochukwu precisely but he is an Imolite by spirit and has settled in Owerri.

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by LBanks(m): 6:38pm On May 21, 2016
nkemdi89:

Zinox is from ngor okpala, while jaja from amaigbo in present day nwangele lga, formerly old orlu province.
Leo Stan Ekeh of Zinox is from Ubomiri in Mbaitolu LGA not Ngor Okpala

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Seun360(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2016
IMO don try.

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by humilitypays(m): 6:41pm On May 21, 2016
Mbaise remains the most successful community or people in Imo state, followed by Orlu, Mbano and Owerri.

In Nigeria, Nnewi, Mbasi, Ile-Ife and Ijebu seems to be the most successful, popular and creative people in Nigeria.

I am sure Anambra profile will give Imo State a run...Anambra should be the number one state in Nigeria with the most prominent and successful people in all spheres of life.

Note: I am not from Anambra, but I love their financial success spirit, just like Mbaise peoplesmiley

7 Likes

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Lankaline(m): 6:42pm On May 21, 2016
Onuoha Chinonso Austin Lanka
Born 199*,500 level student
IMO born,oru east l.g.a
Not a celebrity but am celebrated

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by supereagle(m): 6:42pm On May 21, 2016
You failed to include the following:
Prof Jude Njoku
Dr C U Njoku , the Nek poly rector
Lady Nkeiru Ajoku, SUNIC Food
Dr Eze Eronini, late now
Dr Philip Njemanze
Dan Ayim , first Indigenous coach of Eagles.
Mrs Ndidi Okereke Oyinke , former NSE Director General.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Fans Outraged At Moyo Lawal's Cleavage Photos / Davido Pecking His Girlfriend, Chioma Avril Rowland In New Loved Up Photo / Chidi Mokeme's Sister And Cousin Are Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.