Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland (75374 Views)

Famous Celebrities From Abia / Celebrities From Anambra- PHOTOS / Celebrities From Ogun State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by janykute: 7:43pm On May 21, 2016
olaitoro:

chikason is from Obodoukwu, Imo state but based in Nnewi.

he is not from Nnewi, it is coscharis that is from nnewi.
Chikason is from Nnewi pls.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Eleganza33(f): 7:47pm On May 21, 2016
Adamazi Onyeka onwenu,adamazi ezinne akudo,dr alladin,pita nwana,ceo of emzor etc plus my self adamazi amarachi hahaha eleganza33 of nairaland we rep izuogu na iheme

4 Likes

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by ogunsbanjul(m): 7:53pm On May 21, 2016
The highest paid dowry state. I pity most ladies from Imo state(am sorry ooo if affected) just been concerned.

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Ozoneman: 7:54pm On May 21, 2016
I have always known u guys from other LGAs in the state don't like ohaji/egbema LGA, my LGA. We (with oguta LGA) play a huge role in putting u in the map of oil producing states oh. Cos I don't see why u will not mention the great Sam okwaraji, legend of Nigerian football.

And just so you know, kelechi iheanacho is our proud son. Ihaji/egbema rocks

2 Likes

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by jesussaves22: 7:56pm On May 21, 2016
DRJECKYLL:
Proud native of umuezeala-nsu ehime-mbano LGA Imo state Nigeria
Am proud of Umuezeala owerre Aba branch kpom kwem
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 21, 2016
rossyc:
Get ur facts right, Kanu Nwankwo grew up in owerri but hails from Arochukwu Lga of Abia state.
KANU sees himself as an IMO man and that's why he has most of his assets in imo. he also built his family mansion in owerri.

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by mcgaius: 8:03pm On May 21, 2016
pweetylivia:
And meet Olivia otherwise known as Pweetylivia on nairaland *coughs*. From Ogwa, Mbaitoli LGA, IMO state. Born 6th sept 199*. A celebrity in my own way grin. Just a simple girl aspiring to be a successful young lady. :p. *sips tea*
MY sis from Alaenyi ogwa.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by 88natzy(m): 8:04pm On May 21, 2016
toniabella:
Note: Prof Chinua Achebe is 4rm Ogidi Anambra state
Alright, thought He is from Okigwe.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 8:16pm On May 21, 2016
jesussaves22:
His a fool oh
What makes him so bro
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 8:18pm On May 21, 2016
pweetylivia:
awwwwwn.... chop kiss grin
With this your big teeth?? cheesy
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by derecho(m): 8:19pm On May 21, 2016
I'm wowed by all I have seen from this thread and the deltan thread.However,what makes a man/woman great is not where you come from but your ability to fulfil your destiny(God's purpose for creating you).He also has a reason for giving you a particular parentage.
Since I learned,Job 32:9a which says:Great Men are NOT ALWAYS Wise..and discovering 2 Cor. 10:12, I softpedalled on somethings.
Here on Earth,what will distinguish you?Methink Your Uniqueness,Your Originality imbued with Godly values.
Moreover,Your State should be thankful to God for having you not you being grateful belonging to a State.
If You've met Jesus,how many of your people have met Him?
The culture/customs of your community,who did you think established them?humans like you. Can you be the improvement needed or continue in the established norm?
Finally,some of those celebrated here got to where they are through dishonest means.Would you like such legacies for your children?If it doesn't matter now,what about when it matters-When you meet your Maker.

Summary,You have what You have for a purpose.You are where you are for a purpose.You know what you know,for a purpose.Whether you like it or not,you'd give account.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 8:20pm On May 21, 2016
lozanni:

Quite correct presentation, Professor Mobisson was drafted from UNN to pioneer the ESUT Computer Dept. where he built the African Computer. His wife Mrs Mobisson was a lecturer too at UNN and was in the General Studies Dept. As a child Jidenma and his Sister was sometimes seen around the General Studies Dept. at UNEC with his mom. I am glad they are doing very well.
Wow ..never knew She lived in Nigeria sef
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Sprintson(m): 8:23pm On May 21, 2016
pweetylivia:
And meet Olivia otherwise known as Pweetylivia on nairaland *coughs*. From Ogwa, Mbaitoli LGA, IMO state. Born 6th sept 199*. A celebrity in my own way grin. Just a simple girl aspiring to be a successful young lady. :p. *sips tea*

And meet this dude also from Isiala Mbano L.G.A dou scarcely been thr....Longing to go soon...determined to change my world positively!!heard Owerri is quite fyn

President Fisheries Students society Of Nigeria 09/10 session.
Vocational Service Director Rotaract Club District 9140.
Participant @ Nig '99 World Cup Calisthenics.
Participant: Opening ceremonies Ghana/Nig 2000
Head Of Student Expedition on Sea @d Nig Inst. For Oceanography and Marine Research Lagos 2011.(Siwes)
Participant; Songhai Farms porto Novo

Sprintson getting there

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 8:23pm On May 21, 2016
LOZENGE:
nice work nwanne.IMO has the highest population in uniben during my time in uniben. That which you desire shall come to pass
Amen oo

Thanks big bro

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by CUM4WHAT(m): 8:26pm On May 21, 2016
prettythicksme:
I am from kaduna grin
na lie joor
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 8:26pm On May 21, 2016
nkemdi89:
Killi wee from ogwa, in mbaitoli.
Can't even remember what he's known for
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by CaraJewel(f): 8:28pm On May 21, 2016
Representing Ahiazu Mbaise..Proud Imolite

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 8:28pm On May 21, 2016
xharder:
What of the founder of ABC transport?you will be cheating this thread, if you dont add him

Chai I must confess, this imo list if very intimidating only and Eastern state can beat this list. Kudos to the eastern heartland. The heartland of the rising sun.

I rep uzoagba, ikeduru
Bro ABC is there....Frank Nneji

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by silverspringle(f): 8:40pm On May 21, 2016
humilitypays:
Mbaise remains the most successful community or people in Imo state, followed by Orlu, Mbano and Owerri.

In Nigeria, Nnewi, Mbasi, Ile-Ife and Ijebu seems to be the most successful, popular and creative people in Nigeria.

I am sure Anambra profile will give Imo State a run...Anambra should be the number one state in Nigeria with the most prominent and successful people in all spheres of life.

Note: I am not from Anambra, but I love their financial success spirit, just like Mbaise peoplesmiley
i disagree...Nkwere remain the most sucessful people from imo state...I represent Ikeduru L.G.A. We try small
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by fiftynaira(m): 8:41pm On May 21, 2016
hurricaneChris:

U said ur surname is Okeahialam?
Are you from Umuelegwa Onicha Mbaise? Or Obizi Mbaise? I know two families in these villages with that surname.

Umuelegwa + okehialam =Eze okehialam
Obizi + okehialam= lambic tech
Amudi+ okehialam = okechukwu okehialam (now late)

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by hurricaneChris: 8:50pm On May 21, 2016
fippycbk:

We have 3 things in common
Architecture, M.sc, Mbaise... Udo diri gi nwanne.

Ya gaziere gi nwanne m.

God will bless your pencil and drawing board soon.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by smileysmiley(f): 8:51pm On May 21, 2016
proud imolite.... ada mbano grin
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 21, 2016
deriksneh:
deriksneh
What was your waec result? Did you make it?
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Emirofsambisa1: 8:56pm On May 21, 2016
pweetylivia:

Chineke! You are from my village!!!!
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by nkemdi89(f): 8:56pm On May 21, 2016
Bishops10:

Can't even remember what he's known for
He is known for stunts, just like power Mike, super dele agility and the likes.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by hurricaneChris: 8:58pm On May 21, 2016
fiftynaira:

Umuelegwa + okehialam =Eze okehialam
Obizi + okehialam= lambic tech
Amudi+ okehialam = okechukwu okehialam (now late)

Wow!!
U must be a brother.

I rep umuelegwa.

1 Like

Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Pchidexy(m): 9:00pm On May 21, 2016
Op, this is a crappy list! If you want to do something, do it well. Imo got a very intimidating list. Do your research well and stop giving us names of students.
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by noucompact(m): 9:01pm On May 21, 2016
that's great to know
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 9:02pm On May 21, 2016
Abagworo:
Dr Alban

Dr. Alban was born as Alban Uzoma Nwapa into a
middle-class family of 10 children in Oguta , Imo state,
Nigeria. He had his secondary education at Christ The
King College, Aba, Nigeria and spent most of his youth in
his hometown Oguta. At age of 23, he travelled to
Sweden to study dentistry .

To be able to finance his studies, Dr. Alban became a DJ. He worked as a DJ at the Stockholm club Alphabet Street . [1] Very quickly his
name became widely known, especially since Dr. Alban
often sang to the records he put on the turntable. DJ
René Hedemyr discovered him. Alban finished his studies
and even opened his own dentistry practice, keeping his
disk jockeying as a lucrative sideline.

In 1990, he met Denniz Pop from the SweMix label and
together with Denniz and Rap-Queen Leila K , they
released his first record, "Hello Afrika". Alban Uzoma
Nwapa took the stage name Dr. Alban, a nod to his
dental studies. His debut album Hello Afrika included hits
like " Hello Afrika" and " No Coke", both of which ended up
being million-selling singles. The album itself was
quite successful which earned Alban Gold-certification-
awards in numerous markets including Germany (for
sales of over 250,000 units), Austria (for sales of over
25,000 units) and Switzerland (for sales of over 25,000
units).

One year later this success was surpassed by the second
album One Love . The album contained European hit
singles such as " It's My Life" (which was used as
background music for a Tampax advert) and " Sing
Hallelujah ". The single "It's My Life" reached No.1 in
Israel, Austria , the Netherlands , Sweden , Germany and
No.2 in Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom. [8][9]
[10] While the song "It's My Life" reached Platinum
status in Germany (for sales of over 500,000 units), in the
Netherlands (for sales of over 75,000), it managed to sell
over two million copies in Europe.
I guess he's the younger bro to Flora nwapa coz both hails from the same place and bears the same surname
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 9:06pm On May 21, 2016
88natzy:
Emeka Ihedioha, Late Prof Onwuliri, Late Prof Chinua Achebe , late Dr Sir Warrior. Mike Ahamba, Fan Nubuoke. Late Mc loph.

Anybody from Enyiogugu, Okwuato and Mbutu Here?
Guy you funny me oo grin
Who doesn't know Achebe is from Anambra?? and Loph is from Abia state
Re: Renowned Celebrities From Imo State-the Eastern Heartland by Bishops10(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2016
humilitypays:
Mbaise remains the most successful community or people in Imo state, followed by Orlu, Mbano and Owerri.

In Nigeria, Nnewi, Mbasi, Ile-Ife and Ijebu seems to be the most successful, popular and creative people in Nigeria.

I am sure Anambra profile will give Imo State a run...Anambra should be the number one state in Nigeria with the most prominent and successful people in all spheres of life.

Note: I am not from Anambra, but I love their financial success spirit, just like Mbaise peoplesmiley
That's a lie bro....Anambra has the highest number of successful business men or you can say its the home of Business but not the Number 1 state. Anambra is no where near Ogun self not to talk of Imo state.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Fans Outraged At Moyo Lawal's Cleavage Photos / Davido Pecking His Girlfriend, Chioma Avril Rowland In New Loved Up Photo / Chidi Mokeme's Sister And Cousin Are Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.