Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically (850 Views)

How Mtn Blocked My Line Unexpectly Despite Registering My Line Three Times / I Sold An IPhone To A Guy Who Scammed Me With A Fake Bank Transfer / How Mtn Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 21, 2016
Some days ago, I saw a nairalander's thread where he complained about Mtn deducting his mb. Well my case is even worse.

First of all, yesterday evening (Friday 20-05-2016) I recharged my phone with 500 naira upon the end of my pulse plan (1gb - #500). I subscribed again for same plan via *406# as earlier done, then after few minutes, I didn't get any message but I saw my money has been deducted so I switched off my phone to let it charge.

Then fast-forward to around 9pm when my phone was well charged, I switched on and expected notifications to fly in as usual, but none. I sent WhatsApp messages, it didn't send, my bbm is not connected, all my apps are not running. I switched my data off and on, but still the same. I dialed *559*2# and I saw I was given 750mb instead of 1gb, but still yet data not functioning after a reboot.

Tried calling customer care, na falz and skales song dey attend to me. Then I decided to be patient till today. Few hours ago, I tried browsing again, but MTN said no, that I'm joking, that I cannon reap the fruit of my labour. So I called customer care few minutes ago, and a representative spoke to me, she said she the plan is not active on my phone, and according to what she's seeing, there's no evidence that I recharged #500 nor was i billed #500.

The plan is not active, yet I can see a 750mb that's useless when I dial *559*2#. And now no evidence of subscribing apart from the mb balance, because they didn't send me activation message.

MTN is fantastically corrupt.. I'm abandoning MTN for good, and if care is not taken, discourage as many people as I can from using their service. This is my story.

**Screenshot is below**
The first screenshot was after subscribing yesterday night.

Second screenshot was few minutes ago after talking to the customer rep who said I didn't subscribe neither was I charged for subscription yesterday. The Useless 750mb is still there.
Re: How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 21, 2016
Yesterday screenshot after subscribing

Re: How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 21, 2016
After talking to a rep almost an hour ago. Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun please this is getting too much. FP thanks.

Re: How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically by Chazzyboy: 4:53pm On May 21, 2016
Keep doing it
Re: How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically by David25(m): 5:48pm On May 21, 2016
Eeeyah..
Re: How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically by anetuno(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2016
They gave you 18mb for twitter grin
Re: How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 21, 2016
anetuno:
They gave you 18mb for twitter grin

imagine bro, make I take the twitter mb dey watch video for YouTube na their expectation
Re: How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically by buharisbae(f): 6:20pm On May 21, 2016
op something is not right here u said u on pulse buh I can see fast link?!?
well no be today mtn re b####
Re: How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 21, 2016
buharisbae:
op something is not right here u said u on pulse buh I can see fast link?!?

well no be today mtn re b####

Yeah when you buy any monthly data dey place it under fast link, as you can see, the first screenshot shows no fastlink
Re: How MTN Scammed Me Fantastically by JideSM: 9:21am On May 22, 2016
lepagawu:
After talking to a rep almost an hour ago. Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun please this is getting too much. FP thanks.

Sorry to hear this, the inconvenience is highly regretted,Please PM your phone number and you can follow the MTN Thread https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/155#45756646

(1) (Reply)

Message From Ntel / My Experience With The New Airtel Data Package / Beware Of Data Salers Here. How I Was Scam Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.