Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,194 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo (29555 Views)

Two UNILAG Students Die In Hotel Fire (Photos) / 2 FUTA Students Drown While Taking Selfie On Canoe (Graphic Photos) / Two OAU Students Die In Less Than 24 Hours (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by tyhwo: 5:01pm On May 21, 2016
Four students of the Federal University of Technology Akure, (FUTA) on Saturday lost their lives in an accident which occurred at Ibule community along Akure-Ilesha expressway in Ifedore local government area of the state.
Ibule community is about few meters away from FUTA.

The victims, whose identities were still unknown as at the time of filing this report, were said to be on their way to Ibadan, Oyo state for a religious programme.

It was gathered that about 15 of them were travelling in the ill-fated Hiace Bus. While four died instantly, 11 others sustained severe injuries and are presently receiving treatment at General Hospital in Akure.

The State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Femi Joseph, who confirmed the incident, said preliminary investigation revealed that the accident involved a Hiace bus conveying the students and an Okada rider‎.

Joseph said the accident happened when the Hiace bus, which was on top speed, somersaulted several times after trying to Manouver its way when ‎an Okada rider suddenly bumped into its the expressway.

He said policemen and FRSC offcials quickly responded to the incident and rushed the injured to the hospital adding that the four corpse have been deposited at the morgue.

The Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the university’s Student Union Government (SUG), Comrade Segun Oladele who also confirmed the death, saying the injured are responding to treatment while they are still trying to get ‎the identity of the dead students.

Source : http://dailypost.ng/2016/05/21/four-futa-students-died-in-road-accident-in-ondo/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by kekakuz(m): 5:04pm On May 21, 2016
so painful.

I know God protects but I always tell my brothers in school never to enter a car a fellow student is driving. Not that they can't drive but statistics show that these type of things happen often.
Thank God they did not follow them on this trip.
RIP

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by teemanbastos(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2016
Disasters everywhere.. Oh God!
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by GboyegaD(m): 5:11pm On May 21, 2016
It is well. May the souls of the departed rest un peace, quick recovery to the injured, and God's consolation to the bereaved.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by madridguy(m): 5:11pm On May 21, 2016
RIP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by segzyj(m): 5:35pm On May 21, 2016
God Have mercy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by blessedvisky(m): 5:41pm On May 21, 2016
HmHmm
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Frankdammy(m): 6:38pm On May 21, 2016
O God! please Have mercy and Heal your children... Pls Lord.

1 Like

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Jadekitana2(f): 8:23pm On May 21, 2016
I remember a guy who frequently drives this bus, Dada Blessing....I hope he isn't there hmm...RIP to the dead so sad
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Heeyhun(f): 8:28pm On May 21, 2016
Rip...to think that they we're just few metres away from school is saddening...Lord please, console the bereaved.

1 Like

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by lifezone247(m): 8:46pm On May 21, 2016
Rip to the dead and speedy recovery to the injured.

1 Like

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by MhizEndy(f): 8:47pm On May 21, 2016
R.I.P to the dead so sad
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by ishowdotgmail(m): 8:49pm On May 21, 2016
RIP to the dead one...may Almighty Allah gives their loved ones the fortitude to bear their loss

And keep all of us from any form of danger and premature death embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 21, 2016
RIP
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by tobigerard(m): 8:52pm On May 21, 2016
Rip to the dead
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by drnairalov: 8:52pm On May 21, 2016
speed kills...they know this yet speed.
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Rilwayne001: 8:53pm On May 21, 2016
So sad! cry
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Bishops10(m): 8:53pm On May 21, 2016
2015/2016 why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by wonderkid619(m): 8:53pm On May 21, 2016
very sad news, just to think you not be seeing those faces again, for ever.
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by wonderkid619(m): 8:55pm On May 21, 2016
drnairalov:
speed kills...they know this yet speed.
I don't think it's about speed, what I heard from school is that a drunk motorcycle ride hit the bus and the driver lost control
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Ramon92: 8:56pm On May 21, 2016
A God that promises to protect but can't protect even his own...
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by CHARLESTON007(m): 8:56pm On May 21, 2016
Rip to the dead and speedy recovery to the injured ones
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Icon4s(m): 8:57pm On May 21, 2016
Firstly, were their parents aware they were going for a religious program outside school?

Students should try to minimise several of this kind of journeys and stay in school.

I remember way back in school when 4 RCCG excos lost their lives near Badagry bc they went to attend d burial ceremony of one of their other exco's Grandmother.

RIP to d dead kids. How would their parents take this news?

3 Likes

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by theophorus(m): 8:59pm On May 21, 2016
Lord have Mercy...
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Femich18(m): 9:01pm On May 21, 2016
Nawa o...May their souls rest in Peace...I guess its not over speeding sha..Its well
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by edris09(m): 9:02pm On May 21, 2016
Chai... Ibule is a 4 minute drive from futa oo..that ibule road too dey suck blood. I don witness 3 accident now.. R i p to the dead.... Proudly futarian
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by johnlegend01: 9:05pm On May 21, 2016
Lord have Mercy.
Ibule-Soro is still the way we left it, accident upon accident. I thank God for watching over me during my stay in that community. I rode on bike with my colleagues countless times. One of our bike customers lost his like along the same road but he was alone though.
I pray the Lord accept the souls of the departed and grant the injured speedy recovery.

2 Likes

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by McBrooklyn(m): 9:06pm On May 21, 2016
It happened right here in my school today (FUTA) when all 200L were coming from farm work which later didn't hold. Twas when we were coming back that we heard the news and those who were chanced to check at the school health centre reported that it was such a bad accident (Don't know how to describe it here sef). From what we heard 4 died and 11 in a very serious coma. From what we know those guys were RCF ( Redeem Christian Fellowship) Members who went to attend a night vigil at Ibadan, Oyo State. It was when they were coming along Ila Mokin(Those who stayed in Akure will surely know this place wella ) just 10-15 minutes from the school north gate that a drunken bike rider suddenly appeared from a roundabout and the driver in trying to balance the brake ran into a bump fixed on the road and so this caused the accident . . . Almost Every FUTA Students was really pained today and most importantly, most of victims were our departmental mates(200L)

So far so good, this is what we heard since morning but let's us pray to God to let bad things cease to happen in this country . . . RIP To The Dead!

P.S : Don't mind my grammatical errors . . . I was really pained and emotional when typing this . . . May their soul rest in perfect peace!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by Elnino4ladies: 9:06pm On May 21, 2016
Quite unfortunate.
Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by drnairalov: 9:07pm On May 21, 2016
wonderkid619:

I don't think it's about speed, what I heard from school is that a drunk motorcycle ride hit the bus and the driver lost control

issue is when you are driving everyother driver is mad . its your duty to be at alert nd control ur speed. if it was a moderate speed chances re high that he wont lose control or be tempted to press break urging a somersault. i might b wrong tho but i see speed here

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four FUTA Students Die In Accident In Ondo by ernesterioo(f): 9:08pm On May 21, 2016
Hele ooooooo, na Rcf ooooo, so painful... Rip to the departed souls

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeyeye Olorunfemi, Rusticated Student Of UNILAG Blasts School Management (Video / "They Use Hausa To Teach English Language In The North" - Kano Corper Claims / The List Of Universities That Accept Ijmb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.