Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,934 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Why Do We Dream???? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Dream???? (729 Views)

Why Do We Dream? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Dream???? by 2seventeen(m): 6:19pm On May 21, 2016
My dictionary defined dream as imaginary events seen in the mind while asleep.I will define it as a video we see/watch while sleeping.All thanks to the mirror who usually helps to know if we are one of the actors in the movie or not.We wouldn't have known what we look like if not for the mirror.Kudos to it invetor(s).
This trend has been since time immemorial,christians will remember king Pharoah and the little boy,Joseph in the bible.When we sleep and a video pops up in our mind,we say its a dream.Sometime,we will be one of the actors in the movie and at another time,we will have no part in the movie.sometime,its something we have seen,heard,talked about or experienced before and somtime,its something we have not seen,heard,experienced,talked about or thought of our entire lives.
If the video/movie is favourable or somehow in line with our previous thoughts,some will say God is speaking or giving direction through the dream.If the video is strange and does not look like what we know or have ever seen,we will be confused,perturbed and we will be left wondering what the meaning could be.If it comes in form of torment or totally negative,we will quickly term it Nightmare.Some believe its spiritual and they attach so much importance to it,while some believe its not real and should not be taken seriously.
My questions now are: 1.Is it an art or a science.
2.Is it normal or abnormal?
3.Should we read any meaning to it or we should just discard it?
4.What is the rationale behind this video and who is playin it?
5.Where does it normally come from?
WHY DO WE DREAM
Re: Why Do We Dream???? by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 21, 2016
Job*…33
Re: Why Do We Dream???? by Flexherbal(m): 6:42pm On May 21, 2016
Your questions are not out of place.
Re: Why Do We Dream???? by 2seventeen(m): 7:24pm On May 21, 2016
proevan:
Job*…33
I will try and read it

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Dream???? by johnydon22(m): 7:31pm On May 21, 2016
2seventeen:

My questions now are: 1.Is it an art or a science.
Science is an art and art is science.
So it is both like everything, a unification of the human study is (Science/art)

though i don't understand what you mean by whether dreams are science or art

2.Is it normal or abnormal?
In what way is Normal defined in this context?
Dreams are natural therefore normal unless you have an established way of how you think natural should and must manifest.

3.Should we read any meaning to it or we should just discard it?
This is centered around in what belief or superstitions you may subscribe to as regards reading meanings into dreams.

Scientifically dreams are directly a product of the neurological firings dependent on the thought, experiences and imaginations of the person (even the ones you remember) so it means nothing.

You probably should watch your thoughts.

4.What is the rationale behind this video and who is playin it?
It is illusionary like an imagination only this time you are subconscious and the brain is in a state of neurological automatism.

So the rationale is the neurological firings, the person playing it is YOU since your brain is a part of you.

5.Where does it normally come from?
BRAIN

WHY DO WE DREAM
Because we have a perceptive network rooted in a highly developed neurological order and interactions (firings) which gives rise to interpretation of perceptions, stimulus and illusionary projections like Imaginations and cognitive projections like thoughts.

thats why

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Dream???? by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 21, 2016
I will try as much as possible to break my explanation down like I was explaining to a 5 year old.

Dream is a little bit science (biology) and a little bit mundane (psychology). So how does it happen?

The brain is very complex organ and as I type this, Neurologist hasn't fully understood the complexity of the brain however, the brain works non stop and even when you at sleep its still at work. But here is the difference, when you awake, that brain fires millions of neurons in making new connections for creative thinking or re-connection for recollection of old events (memory). While the brain fire those neurons, you are conscious and active but when you asleep, the brain never sleeps, that's the time the brain commits all that's you have learnt during the day into short term memory and long term memory. So again why do we dream?

Most times when you asleep you not fully asleep, your body is in bed but you half conscious/ subconscious and when that happens your mind is picking up the filtered waste or useful information off the brain then commits the useful information to either the long term memory or short term memory. Now for the fact that you half conscious in the REM state, you tend to make sense of that filtered trash, At that point you call it dream.

Sometimes it makes sense, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes you see dead relatives , old friends etc, sometimes you even find yourself in situation you can't partake in, in real life. So that's how we dream.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Dream???? by waice6571: 8:23pm On May 21, 2016
If anyone can differentiate between dream and night Vision

Kind observations will be appreciated
Re: Why Do We Dream???? by pupsyd: 8:47pm On May 21, 2016
Interesting
Re: Why Do We Dream???? by 2seventeen(m): 10:08pm On May 21, 2016
tnx for d brkdown
Re: Why Do We Dream???? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Endtimes : The Kings Of The East - Jack Kelley / Limitations Of Science / Men With Beard In Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.