Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion (5112 Views)

Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) / Similarities Between Pastors And MMM Top Guiders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion by DEGREE2466(m): 9:18pm On May 21, 2016
Did you know that in as much as traditional religion can be regarded as obsolete and barbaric, there are some practices and characteristics that it shared with the Christian religion? here are few of them.

1. They both have priests/ministers as mediators: just the way traditional religion has a high priest who officiate at the sanctuary on behalf of the people so does the Christan religion with their pastors and priests.

2. Their priests both accept goodies as gift: the traditional way of taking fowl, yam, goat etc while going to see a chief priest is in turn being practiced in churches as Thanksgiving service.

3. They two religions have rules and regulations: Each church has rules that guide them so does traditional religion. Example: in some churches you don't enter there with sleeveless likewise is a shrine where entering with slippers is forbidden.

4. They worship the same God: yes you read it right! The traditional religion believe in God the father so also does Christian religion. The only difference is that Christians believe in Jesus Christ as a mediator between God and man.

5. Both use the same language: I know I'm gonna get criticized here by my fellow Christians but that's the fact! Christians speak in tongues while chief priest chants incantations yet at the end of the day they are both speaking esoteric languages that only them can understand.

6. Both Christian priests/pastors and traditional priest require intellectual skill to become one: the same way it takes an intelligent pastor to diagnose your problem either by asking you some intruding questions or by getting it from a fellow church member in other to make you feel he sees both the past, present and future, that's exactly the way babalawos do their own research in the name of seeing the future.

7. Practically people go to either of them to solve their life problems: The main reason people seek for traditional high spriest is if all things are equal to find solution to life problems, so also is the reason people go to churches if not why do some Christians move from one church to another.

8. They all die: silly right? Yes traditional worshippers die and Christians die too. Where either of them will end up is far beyond our conclusion.

http://uzochukwuedu..com.ng/2016/05/similarities-between-traditional.html?m=1
Re: Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion by Nobody: 3:02am On May 22, 2016
Major Differences

- In The traditional religions wo/men do not approach God except through either ancestral spirits or gods. In Christianity, people can converse with God.

- I've seen a traditional sacrifice of a sheep. The diviner first drew it's blood in a bowl. He then opened it and took out the contents of the intestines and mixed it in with the blood in the bowl and poured the mixture on the sacrificial fire as an offering. That is when I knew that the sacrifice was not for the God of Israel. He was offering a wilful abomination. Very contrary to what the God of the bible instructed on sacrifices... no blood and no feaces or unclean things

- The gods/ancestral spirits of the traditional religion are the devils/demons of Christianity.

- In Christianity, every body is a priest and expected to offer their own sacrifices (spiritual sacrifices) to God. Traditional religions had afew selected diviners.

- Blood sacrifices : Christians do not offer blood sacrifices anymore. There are spiritual sacrifices - mercy, justice, love, joy, patience...

- Only Christianity anticipates the end of sin on earth
Re: Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion by Nobody: 4:44am On May 22, 2016
The truth is that most of all this christian churches are traditional churches but in an advance way, i have seen a pastor that kills a goat and pours the blood on the body of a rich man all in the name of deliverance. The truth is that one needs to be careful on the type of church he or she attends, becaus some are of the devil. @OP but you seems to forget that the difference between a true christian church and a traditional church is that THE GOD OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH IS THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS, HE HAVE ALL THE POWERS, HE IS THE BEGINING AND THE END that at the mention of his name, all traditional gods will bow.
Re: Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion by Nobody: 5:57am On May 22, 2016
Not in my own church.

Anglican is reformed to Orthodox Christianity. Not this one way crap u bring up here
Re: Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion by Haoqi24: 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
The truth is that most of all this christian churches are traditional churches but in an advance way, i have seen a pastor that kills a goat and pours the blood on the body of a rich man all in the name of deliverance. The truth is that one needs to be careful on the type of church he or she attends, becaus some are of the devil. @OP but you seems to forget that the difference between a true christian church and a traditional church is that THE GOD OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH IS THE CREATOR OF ALL THINGS, HE HAVE ALL THE POWERS, HE IS THE BEGINING AND THE END that at the mention of his name, all traditional gods will bow.

But he no get power correct your English. "HE HAVE ALL THE POWER" Ogbeni go back to school
Re: Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion by DEGREE2466(m): 5:33am On Sep 15, 2019
Major Differences

- In The traditional religions wo/men do not approach God except through either ancestral spirits or gods. In Christianity, people can converse with God.

- I've seen a traditional sacrifice of a sheep. The diviner first drew it's blood in a bowl. He then opened it and took out the contents of the intestines and mixed it in with the blood in the bowl and poured the mixture on the sacrificial fire as an offering. That is when I knew that the sacrifice was not for the God of Israel. He was offering a wilful abomination. Very contrary to what the God of the bible instructed on sacrifices... no blood and no feaces or unclean things

- The gods/ancestral spirits of the traditional religion are the devils/demons of Christianity.

- In Christianity, every body is a priest and expected to offer their own sacrifices (spiritual sacrifices) to God. Traditional religions had afew selected diviners.

- Blood sacrifices : Christians do not offer blood sacrifices anymore. There are spiritual sacrifices - mercy, justice, love, joy, patience...

- Only Christianity anticipates the end of sin on earth

Jesus died on the cross. There was a blood sacrifice that replaced the animal sacrifice
Re: Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion by DEGREE2466(m): 5:34am On Sep 15, 2019
Haoqi24:

But he no get power correct your English. "HE HAVE ALL THE POWER" Ogbeni go back to school

LOL, temper justice with mercy
Re: Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion by DEGREE2466(m): 5:35am On Sep 15, 2019
gimakon:
Not in my own church.

Anglican is reformed to Orthodox Christianity. Not this one way crap u bring up here

Pardin?
Re: Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion by OtemAtum: 5:48am On Sep 15, 2019
It's the truth. Christianity, Paganism, Judaism, Islam etc are all religions.

However, the beings who favour science above religions have captured many beings who favour religion. Now and for the next 500 years, millions will be losing their religion worldwide as we move into another age called the Aquarian Age where science shall be more favoured above religion in every part of the world because all gods of religion, including Jehovah, Allah, Mazda, Enlil, Moloch etc who are the heads of various religions of the world have been captured in a spiritual cage by their counterparts who love science above religion.

The world is becoming emancipated from religious slavery.

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean That The Dead Know Nothing (Ecclesiastes 9:5)? / Imagine A World Without Muslims! / Why I Believe Atheists Are Not Good People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.