Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans (31481 Views)

Network Providers With The Best Weekend Data Plans? / 9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / NCC To Fine Network Providers N5m For Unsolicited Text Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by PreciousBro: 6:23pm On May 22, 2016
Glo is officially the most useless and unbearable network provider in Nigeria. They are so slow you won't make use of your data to exhaustion before the validity period elapses.

Infact they are a fraud!
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by guente02(m): 6:23pm On May 22, 2016
But i thought all android phones comes prebuilt with a data monitor application.

All you need to do to verify if the data is actually zapped or used by a background app before you apparently vilify the services of any network operator.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Rick9(m): 6:24pm On May 22, 2016
I thought o was the only one noticing this data zapping, I subscribe Etisalat 200 for 200MB yesterday Night it got exhausted dis afternoon without much downloads oh, a page that would open with 30KB would open with 30MB, SMH for Etisalat and MTN sha.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Rick9(m): 6:25pm On May 22, 2016
As for glo, hmmmm very idiotic network they deserved to be flogged
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 22, 2016
my Etisalat 1gig only lasted two weeks without update of any.app or download, glo network disappears and reappears like wiliwili, airtel doesn't even come up at all,so am stuck with Etisalat, they are far worse than glo

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Ifecocharles: 6:36pm On May 22, 2016
Pls oh, MTN is worst, they zap data like mad now, let's take the campaign to all there media outlets......

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by 400billionman: 6:38pm On May 22, 2016
Amaechi5:
I decided to write this because i think this issue of our network providers deceiving us with their fake data plans is getting out of hand.

I will say this this started with airtel Nigeria, transferred to Glo and now mtn. Why won't they be straight forward and be truthful with their data plans, airtel will tell you you can get 10gb data at the price of N3500(example), but in the true sense it is 4gb for N4000 with their DATA ZAPPING.

Glo followed suite with Glo blackberry plan which normally last longer but now you can't use Glo blackberry plan for 3 weeks. Then the one freaking me out is MTN NOW ZAPS DATA. I'm still trying to figure out how 3.5gb data that i subscribed last two weeks Sunday without downloading or updating my apps, is now remaining 266mb right now.

Mtn are not known to zap data and this isn't the first time i subscribed for their new data plan but it seems they have followed the footsteps of Airtel and Glo to zap data or maybe what happened to me is a network issue as some are complaining about the new data plans.

But why will these networks entice us with low cost for a high bundle plan. When i used airtel 9gb for N3,500 i nearly broke my airtel sim card with anger as it didn't last up to 2 weeks without any sort of downloads. Am afraid etisalat might soon join the trend.

MTN if you are offering 1.5gb for N1000 or 3.5GB data for N2000, let it be real. Not 600mb in disguise of 1.5gb or 1.2gb in disguise of 3.5GB data.

Airtel if you are offering 10gb data for N5000, let it be real not 4gb in disguise of 10gb data

Etisalat i hope you guys don't follow this trend as I'm planning to fully port to etisalat because of this issue.

Etisalat does it. 1.5G at N1,000 does not last me for one week.

Nah MTN i trust pass. Been a customer of their day and night plan for years. Now on 3.5 G one month.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by otokx(m): 6:38pm On May 22, 2016
Nigerians want to eat their cake and have it or why will someone be using a BlackBerry plan on an Android device and still be complaining.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by uchennaq(m): 6:40pm On May 22, 2016
Those saying Glo is slow, it depends on your location. Here in somewhere lekki, I can't do without it, though mtn is faster. Like they said, the devil you know is better than the angel you don't. I love Glo and have being using this. I can't wait to pay 8k for 24Gig.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 22, 2016
Amaechi5:
I decided to write this because i think this issue of our network providers deceiving us with their fake data plans is getting out of hand.

I will say this this started with airtel Nigeria, transferred to Glo and now mtn. Why won't they be straight forward and be truthful with their data plans, airtel will tell you you can get 10gb data at the price of N3500(example), but in the true sense it is 4gb for N4000 with their DATA ZAPPING.

Glo followed suite with Glo blackberry plan which normally last longer but now you can't use Glo blackberry plan for 3 weeks. Then the one freaking me out is MTN NOW ZAPS DATA. I'm still trying to figure out how 3.5gb data that i subscribed last two weeks Sunday without downloading or updating my apps, is now remaining 266mb right now.

Mtn are not known to zap data and this isn't the first time i subscribed for their new data plan but it seems they have followed the footsteps of Airtel and Glo to zap data or maybe what happened to me is a network issue as some are complaining about the new data plans.

But why will these networks entice us with low cost for a high bundle plan. When i used airtel 9gb for N3,500 i nearly broke my airtel sim card with anger as it didn't last up to 2 weeks without any sort of downloads. Am afraid etisalat might soon join the trend.

MTN if you are offering 1.5gb for N1000 or 3.5GB data for N2000, let it be real. Not 600mb in disguise of 1.5gb or 1.2gb in disguise of 3.5GB data.

Airtel if you are offering 10gb data for N5000, let it be real not 4gb in disguise of 10gb data

Etisalat i hope you guys don't follow this trend as I'm planning to fully port to etisalat because of this issue.

Why would APC deceive Nigerians with their fake election promises.
Nigeria is been deceived since 1960.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by solomas(m): 6:52pm On May 22, 2016
Airtel is the best @zapping data
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ogayor: 6:55pm On May 22, 2016
Etisalat scamed me with their own 2k for 3.5G
After subscription, I was only given 2G. I complained but was told that nothing could be done because I have used part of that 2G. My query was, can't they add the shortfall.. These coys are poooo
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Ojemedad: 7:00pm On May 22, 2016
Mtn want to finish me also o, I subscribed 1gig for #500, after 24hrs I'm left with 565mb, I only downloaded some pics and surf fb, WhatsApp that's all.

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ikukuhero: 7:00pm On May 22, 2016
Amaechi5:

I bought the MTN 1.5gb for N1,000 and in less than two weeks, it's gone! All i do with my data is surf the web for information. I rarely do facebook, youtube, downloads, etc..but data is gone. MTN DATA OFFER IS A BIG SCAM! Once i empty the little left, i will never ever buy MTN data again. Glo 1.5 gb for N1,000 is actually better. I can use it for a compete month. The only problem is the slow speed in my area. Etisalat was ok until 2 months ago when it stopped connecting in my area. I have used Etisalat for over 3 years and it had been good until this January. Airtel rarely connects in my area. Please guys, boycott MTN data plans! It's a HUGE SCAM!
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ikukuhero: 7:04pm On May 22, 2016
I bought the MTN 1.5gb for N1,000 and in less than two weeks, it's gone! All i do with my data is surf the web for information. I rarely do facebook, youtube, downloads, etc.. I even turned off images on my web setting, but data is gone. MTN DATA OFFER IS A BIG SCAM! Once i empty the little left, i will never ever buy MTN data again. Glo 1.5 gb for N1,000 is actually better. I can use it for a complete month without turning off my picture settings on my browser, and data is on 24/7. The only problem is the slow speed in my area. Etisalat was ok until 2 months ago when it stopped connecting in my area. I have used Etisalat for over 3 years and it had been good until this January. Airtel rarely connects in my area. Please guys, boycott MTN data plans! It's a HUGE SCAM! Going back to Glo!
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by winble: 7:15pm On May 22, 2016
Na airtel worst pass I swear. God will help us
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by chiedu7: 7:33pm On May 22, 2016
This is the era of LIES
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by DesChyko: 7:43pm On May 22, 2016
And somebody the other day was badmouthing Data Resellers.. Shebi you don see the advantage?
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by holaralph(m): 7:53pm On May 22, 2016
You are 100% correct oooo my brother........ But nobody will steal from somebody with laughter and thinks he or she will enjoy with laughter rather they will wail and gnash their teeth secretly but they will never remember that its nemesis
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by JideSM: 8:00pm On May 22, 2016
Amaechi5:

Apologies for all inconvenience experienced. Permit me to assist you by sending your number and date through Private Message for checks. You can also follow the MTN Thread I created. https://www.nairaland.com/1379574/mtn-customer-care-thread/155#45756646
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by 88natzy(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2016
I have been a victim of Airtel's zapping spree, just this month, I have spent 3000 on Airtel 1.5kig plans of 1000. I still could not comprehend how there charges has changed exponentially than when I used to subscribe for the now obsolete version of 1000 to 1kig. Also Airtel just duped me of 500 airtime I recharged yesterday. Just no calls, no sms my account got wiped dubiously.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 8:04pm On May 22, 2016
kingDELE:
grin grin airtel

la vie sera toujour la vie Mon frere
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ritababe(f): 8:12pm On May 22, 2016
kinibigdeal:

Is airtel bb plan working on android
yes if u change ur imei to that of bb10
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 22, 2016
airtel is fund of this scam, airtel network is a deceit.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by soochukwu(m): 8:20pm On May 22, 2016
When I say we don't have a government nor country people don't seem to understand. I had same experience with almighty MTN.a 3.5gig 2000 naira data plan zapped in three days on an android phone. I went to their Twitter handle to lodge my complaint and even added Ncc handle. Ncc never responded. MTN responded that their records showed that I had used up my data. But my phone also had records of data I had used of which I uploaded in their twitter handle. MTN claimed that I used up 3.5gig data in three days but my phone records said I had used 2.31gig in addition to about 30mb I had used b4 I subscribed the mtn. Here is snapchat of my phone record plus Mtn messages.
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 22, 2016
debicy:
Seriously, this is getting out of hands. I loaded N1000 with 1.5gb on Etisalat, tuesday i guess. It did not last for 3days. I dnt browse while in office only in d evening. And im often on Nairaland. My data is always off during the day.

This wayo is too much abeg.
Do u nid 3.07gb 4rm Etisalat for same 1k?

Lemme help you cheat dem small
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by kingDELE(m): 8:30pm On May 22, 2016
ADEWUMIMichael:

la vie sera toujour la vie Mon frere
shocked shocked i dnt mind ur comment in yoruba.

Lol coz what u wrote is lubbish to ME
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by AjenAjid(m): 8:31pm On May 22, 2016
If you subscribe the much touted MTN 1G for #500, you'll get 750MB instead of 1G...

I changed to MTN because I feel Airtel data gets exhausted too quickly. Airtel data plan vanishes far too quickly.

Glo is crap... Epileptic data connection
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by Wizy001(m): 8:46pm On May 22, 2016
Airtel 4gb for 1k is normal and doesn't zap like other airtel plans.
Check my signature for how to get it
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ddjay: 8:54pm On May 22, 2016
sheunsheun:
The mod should please move this to front page, our voice must be heard. Where is Lalasticlala self.
No,the mods should keep this on the front page (topic 1) until they stop deceiving us abeg

1 Like

Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ugonna1054(m): 8:58pm On May 22, 2016
Salispro:
blessed are the righteous for theirs is the kingdom of PSIPHON !!!
psiphon is gone na
Re: Why Would Our Network Providers Deceive Nigerians With Their Fake Data Plans by ugonna1054(m): 9:02pm On May 22, 2016
Mtn is still better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

TECNO POVA: 4 Things You Need To Know About The New Device / Yahoo Messenger And Hotmail Messenger On Wap Without Software Download / My Experience At MTN Service Centre Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.