Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW (2675 Views)

FG To Increase Power Generation To 20,000 MW – Minister / Power Supply Worsens As Nigeria Records Another System Collapse / Hydro Plants Boost Electricity Generation To 3,686.3mw (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by iflywithbuhari(f): 9:35pm On May 21, 2016
The national grid on Thursday experienced another system collapse that has forced power generation to slump to 65.8 megawatts (mw) from 1423mw recorded on Wednesday, The Guardian reports. The system collapse, which marked the third within one week and fifth in 26 days, could worsen the blackout currently experienced across the country. The recent development may not be unconnected with the shutting down of the Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) gas pipeline after a militant attack late Tuesday. The gas facility at Ogbembiri in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa State was the latest in the waves of attacks on oil and gas facilities after Chevron and Shell have shut down Forcados and Escravos.
energymixreport.com/system-collapse-cuts-power-generation-to-65mw/
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by dunkem21(m): 9:36pm On May 21, 2016
sad Check your source
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by Yorubasgreat(f): 9:41pm On May 21, 2016
Journalist: what are your plans for Inclusive development of Niger Delta?

GMB: if you look at election results. Some voted 5% (ND Avengers)

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by cktheluckyman: 9:45pm On May 21, 2016
Both Buhari and fashola are useless for failing to secure the pipelines!! Gosh!! These idiots should resign already!!

Imagine common 5% people causing so much damage to the nation when we have a commander-in-chief!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by EasternLeopard: 9:49pm On May 21, 2016
Laughing. Zombies will blame IPOB for it grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by DeKen: 10:00pm On May 21, 2016
No wonder I'm having power supply.
I hardly have power except when power generation goes down.
I don't understand it. Currently have about 70% supply per day for about 6 days now except yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by sanandreas(m): 10:01pm On May 21, 2016
My people are so so greedy. I am not supporting any militant group sabotaging our economy. Contracts given to son of the soil are done in a shabbish way. Government deal with any miscreant. Niger Deltans we are architect of our own problems. What have we done with allocation given to us so far. Go to North and see good infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by hucienda: 10:03pm On May 21, 2016
65MW?!? like wtf??

1 Like

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by Movic1(m): 10:09pm On May 21, 2016
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 21, 2016
sanandreas:
allocation given to us so far.

This is the problem.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by ganisucks(f): 10:37pm On May 21, 2016
DeKen:
I don't understand it. Currently have about 70% supply per day for about 6 days now except yesterday.
Where do Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ live. Everywhere in lagos last week W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ in total darkness. Stop telling lies.
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by otokx(m): 10:44pm On May 21, 2016
DeKen:

Same thing happens to Choba and Aluu; after 3 months of no light this evening when heavy rain was falling Choba got light, while Aluu had flashing.
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by obailala(m): 10:46pm On May 21, 2016
Why not zero?... is there any power plant which produces only 65mw?... Where is the 65mw coming from?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by DeKen: 10:55pm On May 21, 2016
ganisucks:

Where do Y̶̲̥̅̊ø̲̣̣̥ǖ live. Everywhere in lagos last week W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ in total darkness. Stop telling lies.
Must you be so quick to draw such conclusion? Do you expect everyone to be living in Lagos?
Following is another person who also experiences the same thing in yet a different state.
I'm not an APC member or fan to say I'm trying to justify voting the wrong people to power.
I have one of the worse power supply since APC govt got into power but within this year the few instances I have power is when the worse power generation is reported. I've had power most of today and up till now. Take your frustration to the APC govt that is causing more hardship for you. If my stating this fact offends you, please get a rope. Nonsense.

otokx:

Same thing happens to Choba and Aluu; after 3 months of no light this evening when heavy rain was falling Choba got light, while Aluu had flashing.

1 Like

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by oduastates: 11:39pm On May 21, 2016
More grease to the elbow of our so called policymakers who have continued to double down on the has coming our from a lawless and ungoverned space since 1999.
The next time I hear gas from the mouth of Fashola, I will year my hairs out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by chigoizie7(m): 12:06am On May 22, 2016
See, common sense is no longer common, that is why ben bruce has been trying so hard to make it (produce).

So, what I make now is "commonnonsense".

Some people are shouting, level ND.

We all know that war or military actions are capital intensive.

We also know that this economy is directly sustained 70% from the sales of oil from ND and invariably 90%.

Tell me how the FG will get money to sponsor those military actions (payment of personnel and acquiring of arms and ammunitions).

Do u think other countries that are in d same oil struggle business will help them?

We all know that Britain always love free things and awoof. Who do u think they will side? FG or ND that is currently in control? ( exchange of oil for arms).

Do u think Russia and other oil producers will put mouth? For where?
They are all in d same market, taking naija supply is to their advantage.

Imagines how they will be getting 880million dollars per day( that is what naija make per day if they lift 2.2 million barrels per day @ $40/barrel.)it will go a long way in sustaining their already affected economies.

Ooops, incase u forget, those buying crude from naija now will not fold their arms and be waiting for them to put their house in order so that they will begin to buy, NO, they will switch to another dealer who will even deliver @ their door step( home delivery).

Now, tell me how naija go get money to pursue the military actions or are they also going to fight with soldiers on empty stomachs?

U and I know that as we speak, that naija is broke, no savings and nosource of income.

Ooops, least I foget, did I tell u that those corrupt politicians will want the fall of naija so that they will be free? Tell me who they will back secretly with loads of funds, ( well, ur guess is as good as mine.

Pmb drag these boys to d negotiation table.

If I a m d avengers, I dare not show face,

Make dem begin pursue me the same way they are pursuing tompolo after some years? Mbanu.
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by activeguy: 12:40am On May 22, 2016
Gradually it will drop to ZERO MW and then the "minister of darkness" will be a befitting title...
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by danmasani101: 3:01pm On May 22, 2016

1 Like

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by danmasani101: 3:22pm On May 22, 2016
obailala:
Why not zero?... is there any power plant which produces only 65mw?... Where is the 65mw coming from?

All of a sudden, providing steady electricity supply has become rocket science.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by obailala(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2016
danmasani101:

Of course it is not rocket science, you dont even need formal education to know that electricity cannot be generated when there are people on standby with dynamites waiting for gas pipelines to be fixed so they can blow it up again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by danmasani101: 3:42pm On May 22, 2016
obailala:
Of course it is not rocket science, you dont even need formal education to know that electricity cannot be generated when there are people on standby with dynamites waiting for gas pipelines to be fixed so they can blow it up again.

So according to you, people only started blowing pipelines after a new govt took over.

Do you or govt also need formal education to protect the pipelines?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by obailala(m): 4:07pm On May 22, 2016
danmasani101:

So according to you, people only started blowing pipelines after a new govt took over.

Do you or govt also need formal education to protect the pipelines?
You cannot force development on people who repel it.
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by mex004(m): 4:48pm On May 22, 2016
obailala:
You cannot force development on people who repel it.

But you can take oil from there to rebuild & develop the NE that are fighting for a caliphate & don't want development

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by Agwoden(m): 4:53pm On May 22, 2016
Una never see anything. God bless ND.
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by mex004(m): 5:03pm On May 22, 2016
danmasani101:

I can assure you that if APC hadn't won the last election, Fashola AKA minister of darkness & website/borehole legend... would still be telling the zombies that providing steady electricity in 6 months is not rocket science.
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by otukpo(f): 5:13pm On May 22, 2016
This issue of light is the worst.
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by pedrilo: 5:23pm On May 22, 2016
So ND is dis important to nigeria and nothing is bn done to uplift the indigents of the place? Haba Mallam
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2016
danmasani101:

It nolonger makes sense blaming lack of electricity on Baba Fash!
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by Abagworo(m): 5:53pm On May 22, 2016
All these things no dey reach my side. Been enjoying steady power since last year.
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by mex004(m): 5:54pm On May 22, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
It nolonger makes sense blaming lack of electricity on Baba Fash!

I can assure you that if APC hadn't won
the last election, Fashola AKA minister
of darkness & website/borehole
legend... would still be telling the
zombies that providing steady
electricity in 6 months is not rocket
science.
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by Abagworo(m): 5:55pm On May 22, 2016
mex004:

I can assure you that if APC hadn't won the last election, Fashola AKA minister of darkness & website/borehole legend... would still be telling the zombies that providing steady electricity in 6 months is not rocket science.

There was improvement which has been stalled by sabotage. If Government goes hard on the people doing it you will be one of the 1st to accuse them of genocide.
Re: System Collapse Cuts Power Generation To 65MW by mex004(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2016
Abagworo:

There was improvement which has been stalled by sabotage. If Government goes hard on the people doing it you will be one of the 1st to accuse them of genocide.

Improvement in what

So body language improved Nigeria's MW

Just the same way the govt is going hard on the NE.....genocide kor gentamicin nii.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fear Of Trump By Northern Leaders / Man Who Accused GEJ Of Finishing Nigeria In 2014 Finally Begs For Forgiveness / Naira Was Devalued By Osinbanjo And Not President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.