Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,238 members, 7,957,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:54 PM

Chicken Recipe Wanted - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chicken Recipe Wanted (1740 Views)

I Made Fried Chicken For The First Time Today / (PHOTO) Introducing New Recipe- GREEN EBA A.k.a 'ebbage'. / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chicken Recipe Wanted by English1(f): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2006
I love the way Nigerians cook pieces of chicken - can anyone give me a good recipe? I'm talking about the really dark colour pieces, (they looked very overcooked to me when I first saw them as they are so dark) but they taste fantastic and are really tender. They seem to be served up with jollof rice a lot of the time. It's different to how English people do chicken. Can someone tell me how please?
Re: Chicken Recipe Wanted by naijacutee(f): 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2006
Were they cooked or fried? The most common dark-coloured chicken I can think of is chicken which has been -
a. Covered in batter (Flour and spices)
b. Fried in vegetable oil until the outer skin is crispy.
Re: Chicken Recipe Wanted by English1(f): 10:00am On Nov 23, 2006
That might be it, thank you.

What spices would you use?
Re: Chicken Recipe Wanted by naijacutee(f): 1:52pm On Nov 25, 2006
You could make some batter by adding some flour to chilli powder, knorr or maggi  chicken cubes (squashed),jumbo chicken seasoning and any all purpose seasoning. Or any seasoning that catches your fancy.

I'll try and get you some pictures of some popular stock cubes.

Re: Chicken Recipe Wanted by English1(f): 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2006
Thank you, I'll try that.

Any more recipes?
Re: Chicken Recipe Wanted by naijacutee(f): 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2006
Depends on what exactly you want to cook smiley Oh and I forgot to mention that most of these cubes and african food items wouldn't be at Tesco's or ASDA. You can usually buy them from african-populated areas like Peckham or Deptford High street (London).

(1) (Reply)

Ex Wazobia And Nigeria Info Presenter Turns Food Blogger. / The Arrogance Of St.louis Sugar / How To Make Beans Porridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.