Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,069 members, 7,821,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker (924 Views)

A Donation To The Atheist. I Found IT / You Cannot Be An Atheist And A Free Thinker / Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by Oshege(m): 8:20am On May 22, 2016
MY PROBLEM WITH THE NIGERIAN CHURCHES

I have come to realized that Christianity in Nigeria is no longer in line with the biblical contemplations, designs and structural arrangement of divinity. Although I cannot speak in tongues but God understands my language. Whoever that have read MURDER IN THE CATHEDRAL or the story of the “Whiskey Priest” would know that generally, Christianity has shifted from its commonplace. Christianity in Nigeria is now a perfect, suitable and an appropriate synonym for exploitation, enslavement and impoverishment. Critical reasoning and rationality has been displaced from the church. Hypocrisy, materialism and bags of “cowries’’ are now being celebrated on the altar.

The primacy of the Gospel has been left for Jesus. Our Pastors, Bishops, Reverend Fathers, General Overseers are only interested in building churches that would cover millions of hectares of land; where large numbers of people would come and pay tithes and offering, sitting in air -conditioned office, driving expensive cars, buying private jets, commercialization of the scripture and exploiting members of their church in the guise of working for God, giving unto the Lord and preparing a good place for one’s self in heaven. If I may ask, who is fooling who? Even in one of the narratives in the bible, we were made to understand that Jesus rode a “brand new” horse to Jerusalem but that horse was later returned back to the owner.
That horse is a metaphor for the modern day jet. Why owning a private jet? Jesus during his time did not own a private horse. As if that was not enough, most of the lands in Lagos State and some States in Nigeria have been used for religious camps. Very soon, there won’t be any land left for establishment of industries or companies that will solve the unemployment crisis in the country. Ninety nine percent of those that go to church in Nigeria are unemployed and they are cheaply candidates of poverty. Why can’t they use the money they are using in erecting outrageous church edifices in establishing companies or industries so as to get members of their church engaged?

At least, Jesus concerned himself with the task of feeding people during his time. One can still remember how he fed thousands of people with five loaves of bread and two fishes. Instead for our church clerics to emulate this, they are only interested in eating the five loaves of bread and two fishes alone. In fact, they have more than five loaves of bread and two fishes but they cannot go to the streets and feed the needy so as to win their souls for Christ but they can force the needy who are members of their church through their manipulative prowess in paying tithes and offering so that they can buy a private jet.

More surprising and saddening, is the struggle to own private universities which is now the major concentration of Nigerian pastors because of the huge amount of money they will make from it. It pains me to my bone marrow because of the unexpected and unscrupulous commercialization of Christianity. The most expensive private universities in Nigeria are the one that belong to the church. Even members of that church cannot afford the tuition fee and they end up looking for admission or in a federal or state university. The ironic import of this situation is that all these private universities that belong to the church were built through their members tithes and offerings and their members cannot go to these universities because they are too expensive. It is high time common sense and sanity was restored in the church!

OLATUNDE BUSAYO SOLOMON WRITES FROM HIS CHAMBERS OF LETTERS IN ILE-IFE
busayoolatunde @gmail.com

Cc:
Lalasticlala
THE NATION NEWSPAPER
NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
THE SUN NEWSPAPER
PAN AFRICAN NEWSPAPER
LUKMON FASASI BLOG
SPEAKING HEART BLOG
NAIRALAND
HANNAH OJO
OAU CONNECT
OAU GOSSIPS
OAU PEEPS
GREAT IFE FACEBOOK PAGE
GREAT IFE WIKILEAKS
MOSHOOD ODUNAYO
TEMPLE OF WORDS
VICTOR ADEDAY

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by iliyande(m): 8:27am On May 22, 2016
Christianity never change but some churches have strayed away
Re: I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by firstolalekan(m): 8:32am On May 22, 2016
Na so
Re: I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by Nobody: 8:48am On May 22, 2016
If half the churches in Nigeria could be converted to Factories; Nigeria will be begging people to work!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by SuperSupremo(m): 8:57am On May 22, 2016
Think free Die free Burn free
Re: I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by Nobody: 8:58am On May 22, 2016
Cool
Re: I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by queenoflafia(f): 9:01am On May 22, 2016
SirWere:
If half the churches in Nigeria could be converted to Factories; Nigeria will be begging people to work!
grin na wah for u o
Re: I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by ValentineMary(m): 10:04am On May 22, 2016
SuperSupremo:
Think free Die free Burn free
If ur brain was given for auction sales, it would yield 2 coins made of tin.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by Oluwaseytiano(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2016
Nice. You are on the right path
Re: I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by davien(m): 12:31pm On May 22, 2016
Think of a situation where you grew up with a church and your father was hugely responsible for the growth of that church, only for him to pass on and the church tells you they won't spend a dime on his burial...

People are getting r@ped in churches..

Children are being molested in churches..

Children are being thought to hate their natural urges and suppress them in churches only for them to become the next breed of r@pists and nympho's..

Men are being worshipped as god incarnate' in churches while women are wallowing under them..

Pastors are being bought by politicians to promote their campaigns...

Youth groups are centres for youths to date under the pretense of serving a so-called supreme being...

Fellow human beings like you and me are being mind r@ped to never complain but forever mask their fears and problems with smiles to promote the church..

Human rights are being broken when churches detain people and cut-off feeding all in the name of some "special deliverance"

Hypocrites come online to preach about moral values and the likes but you would never see them attempt any volunteer work to charity...

These same Hypocrites would tell you they believe the bible/quran to be true and yet they'll lurk in nairalands explicit section to see the latest sexcapades while flapping away to them...

They call unbelievers fools but fail to give meaningful answers on their own beliefs that they splash at people's faces...

You go to church thanking a god for sparing your life whilst ignoring a pauper on the verge of death in the street on the way to that church...

You go to sleep praying to a god reminding him/her to wake you up the next day because you are afraid of your mortality,yet you ask why someone who annoys you is still breathing? As though you are a bed-rose of perfection...

Many more hypocritical ways theists in Nigeria live their lives... I'm not saying I'm perfect, but why live a lie under the banner that it's of help to you when it clearly isn't..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by SuperSupremo(m): 1:13pm On May 22, 2016
ValentineMary:

If ur brain was given for auction sales, it would yield 2 coins made of tin.
wow!!!

Your own will not cost a dime for that matter
Re: I Am Not An Atheist; I Am Just A Free Thinker by KingSango(m): 3:32pm On May 23, 2016
Oshege:
MY PROBLEM WITH THE NIGERIAN CHURCHES

I have come to realized that Christianity in Nigeria is no longer in line with the biblical contemplations, designs and structural arrangement of divinity. Although I cannot speak in tongues but God understands my language. Whoever that have read MURDER IN THE CATHEDRAL or the story of the “Whiskey Priest” would know that generally, Christianity has shifted from its commonplace. Christianity in Nigeria is now a perfect, suitable and an appropriate synonym for exploitation, enslavement and impoverishment. Critical reasoning and rationality has been displaced from the church. Hypocrisy, materialism and bags of “cowries’’ are now being celebrated on the altar.

The primacy of the Gospel has been left for Jesus. Our Pastors, Bishops, Reverend Fathers, General Overseers are only interested in building churches that would cover millions of hectares of land; where large numbers of people would come and pay tithes and offering, sitting in air -conditioned office, driving expensive cars, buying private jets, commercialization of the scripture and exploiting members of their church in the guise of working for God, giving unto the Lord and preparing a good place for one’s self in heaven. If I may ask, who is fooling who? Even in one of the narratives in the bible, we were made to understand that Jesus rode a “brand new” horse to Jerusalem but that horse was later returned back to the owner.
That horse is a metaphor for the modern day jet. Why owning a private jet? Jesus during his time did not own a private horse. As if that was not enough, most of the lands in Lagos State and some States in Nigeria have been used for religious camps. Very soon, there won’t be any land left for establishment of industries or companies that will solve the unemployment crisis in the country. Ninety nine percent of those that go to church in Nigeria are unemployed and they are cheaply candidates of poverty. Why can’t they use the money they are using in erecting outrageous church edifices in establishing companies or industries so as to get members of their church engaged?

At least, Jesus concerned himself with the task of feeding people during his time. One can still remember how he fed thousands of people with five loaves of bread and two fishes. Instead for our church clerics to emulate this, they are only interested in eating the five loaves of bread and two fishes alone. In fact, they have more than five loaves of bread and two fishes but they cannot go to the streets and feed the needy so as to win their souls for Christ but they can force the needy who are members of their church through their manipulative prowess in paying tithes and offering so that they can buy a private jet.

More surprising and saddening, is the struggle to own private universities which is now the major concentration of Nigerian pastors because of the huge amount of money they will make from it. It pains me to my bone marrow because of the unexpected and unscrupulous commercialization of Christianity. The most expensive private universities in Nigeria are the one that belong to the church. Even members of that church cannot afford the tuition fee and they end up looking for admission or in a federal or state university. The ironic import of this situation is that all these private universities that belong to the church were built through their members tithes and offerings and their members cannot go to these universities because they are too expensive. It is high time common sense and sanity was restored in the church!

OLATUNDE BUSAYO SOLOMON WRITES FROM HIS CHAMBERS OF LETTERS IN ILE-IFE
busayoolatunde @gmail.com

Cc:
Lalasticlala
THE NATION NEWSPAPER
NIGERIAN TRIBUNE
THE SUN NEWSPAPER
PAN AFRICAN NEWSPAPER
LUKMON FASASI BLOG
SPEAKING HEART BLOG
NAIRALAND
HANNAH OJO
OAU CONNECT
OAU GOSSIPS
OAU PEEPS
GREAT IFE FACEBOOK PAGE
GREAT IFE WIKILEAKS
MOSHOOD ODUNAYO
TEMPLE OF WORDS
VICTOR ADEDAY

Anyone that professes a belief not in God is evil. The reason being is that God gives human beings the emotion of love because God is the source of love. Even though God is merely a human creation to Atheists they discount the fact the belief in God or supreme oneness promotes universal harmony, beauty and peace, which are all aspects of love, "Oshun". So to disconnect one's self from the ancestry belief in the Almighty Amen Ra or Olodumare and His dual Father and Motherly and pure nature of Obatala or Yemaya is insane. No matter what traditional African belief or language they use the root of it is love or universal unity of an one spirit of all. The greatest example of those to disconnect are Whites/Europeans and other Asiatics. Now look at their barbaric evil and demonic cultures that have made their way into the Garden of Africa, the land of the Gods. We have fallen from grace because we turned away from the traditions.

Christian faith has done this and turned an once solid cultures into divided and fragmented fractions. The emperor of African people of any empire they had was the God/Christ on Earth. This is Emperor as the Yorubas called Alaafin, the Kemets called Pharaoh, and the Ashanti had paramount chiefs, all these were kings of kings in their empires. All African governments were tied to the faith or traditions. Now its all fragmented. Our cultures needs to be restored and this is most powerful lesson His Royal Majesty Oba Adefunmi I taught Africans in the West who had lost all true African traditions. The only tradition we had intact was Sango, who is the Alaafin or Christ on Earth. We have lost our way. More later.

(1) (Reply)

Checkout Another Outrageous Offering Booklet, This Time From Christ Embassy / . / Here Is The 'rescued' Bible Of Colombian Plane Crash Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.