Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,764 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! (1890 Views)

A Donation To The Atheist. I Found IT / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Jman06(m): 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
My believe in afterlife stems from my own personal experiences and not from what some guys somewhere wrote in a book.

I am one guy who dreams alot right from childhood and my experiences through dreams cannot just be a mere "projections of my brain" like some other atheists would say. How can the brain suddenly become hyperactive during sleep or during sicknesses when
the physical bbody is supposedly resting/weak? How can i explain the fact that in most cases I find myself in strange places where I have never been to all my life and sometimes with strange peeopl?

The phenomena of dreaming, NDEs, and OBEs are pointers to the existence of an afterlife.

I think I like the views often shared by a poster here @ifenes on this matter and I am considering reading some books on metaphysics so as to gain some knowledge on this.

Please I'll like to read comments from other atheists on this issue. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by whitebeard(m): 10:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
Op what is your zodiac sign....
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Jman06(m): 10:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
Aquarius
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
When you are weak/sick, your body and brain have a hard time differentiating between real life and your imagination.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by EyeHateGod: 11:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
AnonyNymous:
When you are weak/sick, your body and brain have a hard time differentiating between real life and your imagination.
For someone that don't even know what Atheism means! Should we ask him and see his reply?
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 12, 2016
Actually; there are many atheists who believe in the transcedence of CONSCIOUSNESS after death. They believe in an higher dimension in which their body's "energies" transform in; to experience divine tranqulity.

Please note that I did not mention after-life because it gives the (wrong) impression of fluffy clouds; golden saucers and gloomy pits of Fire.

But I dunno; most of these claims of higher dimensions; New Age Spirituality seems like figments of imagination to me.

3 Likes

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by NPComplete: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2016
Not an atheist though. I believe in the afterlife too. Not for the usual selfish reasons of paradise and all. But another selfish reason entirely: schadenfreude.
I will like to see the looks on the faces of all those theists who believe their way is the only way to the afterlife once they get there and it turns out they were wrong all along. Those that defended their lying pastors; those who gave all their wealth out to pastors and find out they have been sold a dummy. Those that told us we will go to hell only to find out we are probably more qualified for paradise than they are. And the looks on the faces of the pastors themselves. Mormons, Catholics, Protestants, Atheists, everyone all looking at one another and realising the futility of life on earth. We will probably get to kick a few religious leaders' asses too for setting us on a senseless path.
It will be celestial gold to me. Far better than an eternal life of singing halleluyah grin

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Ranchhoddas: 9:34am On Sep 12, 2016
NPComplete:
Not an atheist though. I believe in the afterlife too. Not for the usual selfish reasons of paradise and all. But another selfish reason entirely: schadenfreude.
I will like to see the looks on the faces of all those theists who believe their way is the only way to the afterlife once they get there and it turns out they were wrong all along. Those that defended their lying pastors; those who gave all their wealth out to pastors and find out they have been sold a dummy. Those that told us we will go to hell only to find out we are probably more qualified for paradise than they are. And the looks on the faces of the pastors themselves. Mormons, Catholics, Protestants, Atheists, everyone all looking at one another and realising the futility of life on earth. We will probably get to kick a few religious leaders' asses too for setting us on a senseless path.
It will be celestial gold to me. Far better than an eternal life of singing halleluyah grin
You are assuming they are wrong. What if they are right?

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ValentineMary(m): 10:05am On Sep 12, 2016
If ur proof of after life is because u dream, just as dogs dream then I have no words for you.

6 Likes

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by NPComplete: 11:46am On Sep 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You are assuming they are wrong. What if they are right?

They can't all be right, can they?
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Ranchhoddas: 11:54am On Sep 12, 2016
NPComplete:

They can't all be right, can they?
Only one has to be right.

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by NPComplete: 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Only one has to be right.

I noticed u like arguing for argument's sake. The premise is based on the fact that they are all wrong. Even topic was written by an atheist who obviously believes every one of those theistic doctrine is wrong. My own post was just to add that line of thinking and extending it to why I will like to believe in the afterlife. It has to be fun and give meaning or sort of answers to this life.
If u believe only one has to be right out of the many then the probability of that one being right is even very slim. I believe that all belief systems will lead to the afterlife and God who created variety couldn't possibly be asking for only one way to enter into the hereafter

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by analice107: 12:17pm On Sep 12, 2016
NPComplete:
I thought you'd say something reasonable. You'll go to hell for nothing. How many of the people or groups you mentioned up there wrote the Bible?

How did you come by the idea of paradise or hellfire in the first place.

Guy, no wahala, get to heaven before Jesus Christ sef, e no matter.
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by analice107: 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
NPComplete:

I noticed u like arguing for argument's sake. The premise is based on the fact that they are all wrong. Even topic was written by an atheist who obviously believes every one of those theistic doctrine is wrong. My own post was just to add that line of thinking and extending it to why I will like to believe in the afterlife. It has to be fun and give meaning or sort of answers to this life.
If u believe only one has to be right out of the many then the probability of that one being right is even very slim. I believe that all belief systems will lead to the afterlife and God who created variety couldn't possibly be asking for only one way to enter into the hereafter

You are very right by saying all belief systems will lead to afterlife for fact, but what happens wen we get there is what matters, not getting there.

Brace yourself, for we'll all get there. I may not be on the right side after all, but we will surely get there.

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Ranchhoddas: 12:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
NPComplete:

You noticed. Pray tell.
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by NPComplete: 12:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
analice107:

I thought you'd say something reasonable. You'll go to hell for nothing. How many of the people or groups you mentioned up there wrote the Bible?

How did you come by the idea of paradise or hellfire in the first place.

Guy, no wahala, get to heaven before Jesus Christ sef, e no matter.

First u can easily tell I don't believe in hell from that post. Secondly, my belief in paradise doesn't necessarily validate urs. Mine own kind of paradise is wherever I get to mock the futility of all the spiritual exclusivities that u have held on to in this life. We will all get there someday. I sincerely hope for it. I pray the afterlife is not just a state of emptiness, nothingness and oblivion. It will be sad if after mocking u guys in this life, I don't get another chance to make fun of u again smiley

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Jman06(m): 1:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
AnonyNymous:
The question is how can my brain suddenly begin to imagine things that never crossed my mind all my life??
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ifenes(m): 1:54pm On Sep 12, 2016
Jman06:
Aquarius

That is why you have a thirst for knowledge which is good. The enlightened one due to your ability to think outside the box and question the normal ideas and traditions. You imagine things a lot due to the fact that you are an Air sign, and imaginations builds an empire.

3 Likes

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Jman06(m): 1:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
ValentineMary:
If ur proof of after life is because u dream, just as dogs dream then I have no words for you.
Those dreams are not just ordinary. Recently, I dreamt of a aunt's death and in the morning I got a call that she was actually dead. How can you explain that. Mere coincidence?

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ifenes(m): 1:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
Jman06:
Those dreams are not just ordinary. Recently, I dreamt of a aunt's death and in the morning I got a call that she was actually dead. How can you explain that. Mere coincidence?

I dream a lot too and they usually come to pass 8/10. I am a Libra,an Air sign

2 Likes

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Jman06(m): 2:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
ifenes:

That is why you have a thirst for knowledge which is good. The enlightened one due to your ability to think outside the box and question the normal ideas and traditions.

I tell you! One problem I have with some people is my tendency to question the supposedly norm.
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ifenes(m): 2:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
Jman06:
I tell you! One problem I have with some people is my tendency to question the supposedly norm.

This is the Age of Aquarius,you are at your inquisitive best as the Sun is in Aquarius(age of information). Let your light shine on them.

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Seun(m): 2:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
Jman06:
My believe in afterlife stems from my own personal experiences and not from what some guys somewhere wrote in a book. I am one guy who dreams alot right from childhood and my experiences through dreams cannot just be a mere "projections of my brain" like some other atheists would say.
Can you share the details of your dream experiences with us, so we can help you to determine whether they constitute evidence of an afterlife?

Jman06:
Yes, definitely. Also, it's likely that you had some reason to fear her death. For example, she may have been ill at the time. What was the cause of her death in the dream, and what was the cause of her death in real life?

ifenes:
I dream a lot too and they usually come to pass 8/10. I am a Libra,an Air sign
You dream a lot, and 80% of your dreams come to pass. Wow! Why haven't you started your own religion? Can you share the details with us?
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Jman06(m): 3:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
Seun:

Can you share the details of your dream experiences with us, so we can help you to determine whether they constitute evidence of an afterlife?

Yes, definitely. Also, it's likely that you had some reason to fear her death. For example, she may have been ill at the time. What was the cause of her death in the dream, and what was the cause of her death in real life?

You dream a lot, and 80% of your dreams come to pass. Wow! Why haven't you started your own religion? Can you share the details with us?
My dreams are mostly interactions with strange people whom I never met all my life and in strange places I have never been to. In some cases, they could be with familiar people (both dead or alive).
Again, I sometimes fly in my dreams especially to escape from danger. How can you explain that?

As for my aunt, she had been sick for years, but as at the time I dreamt about her death, I never had any thoughts about her, not at all.
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ifenes(m): 3:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
Seun:

For example in some dreams of mine, I saw the the Union Jack of Great Britain Divided into different parts and England's flag standing alone before the Br-exit election.

I will share some. Just dreams OK,I am no prophet and will not claim to be one. Just dreams!

I told my friends that I dreamed br-exit will happen and Scotland will leave the UK. Br-exit happened and now Scotland is planning to leave.

The Common wealth will dis-integrate and Australia and Canada will seek independence from the British Monarch.

Prince Charles will try to rule England and the people will say no. Prince Harry will be exposed as a bastard son of Diana etc The Uk will have a black president who will confront the rising war versus Islam

I told a close friend of mine I dreamed he would be deported back to Nigeria 4 months back,now he is in the Immigration deportation center awaiting deportation order(although he is fighting the case)

One day I dreamed I saw lots of rats attacking my phone and I was panicking. I wondered why that would be. I woke up to find out that my wife was reading all my text messages and all hell was let lose that day.

Sometimes they don't happen but usually close. I have a friend who normally says,"If Ife doesn't dream about it nothing will happen". That's how much he think highly of my dreams.

Dreams are dreams just as Chris brown is a great dancer,which I am not. You have a great business mind which I don't have,so no religion is necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by ValentineMary(m): 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2016
Jman06:
Yes. Coincidence
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by analice107: 9:25pm On Sep 12, 2016
NPComplete:

First u can easily tell I don't believe in hell from that post. Secondly, my belief in paradise doesn't necessarily validate urs. Mine own kind of paradise is wherever I get to mock the futility of all the spiritual exclusivities that u have held on to in this life. We will all get there someday. I sincerely hope for it. I pray the afterlife is not just a state of emptiness, nothingness and oblivion. It will be sad if after mocking u guys in this life, I don't get another chance to make fun of u again smiley
Am glad you know that we shall get there. hahahahahahahahaha. God's creature.
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Jman06(m): 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
ValentineMary:

Yes. Coincidence
Bro, there is physics beyond that which you were taught in class. That's metaphysics.

Human is an embodiment of energies. In fact, virtually all the energies found in the universe are embodied in humans. I hypothesize that what constitutes consciousness is an aggregation of all these energies existing under certain wave conditions provided by the body. And that when the body dies, this aggregation of energies ( consciousness) exist in another realm.
Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by FunkyMetahuman: 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
I had a dream last night that I was flying like superman even when it never crossed my mind..

That made me believe humans can fly...

I believe I can fly.. *heading towards next skyscraper*

nobody should stop me o. angry

1 Like

Re: Though An Atheist, I Believe In Afterlife!!! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
death is the greatest thing that could happen to anyone.
that's when you finally "know the truth" grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What Happened In Nasarawa After A Crucifix Appeared In A Mosque / Do Atheists Oppose Abortion? / I Am A Christian And Going To Heaven Is Not My Target

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.