Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

The Importance Of Education For The Female Child. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Importance Of Education For The Female Child. (4114 Views)

JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / We Pay 130k As School Fees - Nwafor Orizu College Of Education Students Protest / Ikpeazu Introduces Education For Employment In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of Education For The Female Child. by SKAMM(m): 10:19am On May 22, 2016
I'm going to try and keep this topic as short as possible. Although I got most of the contents of this topic from another source I added a few other points to it based on personal experience.

[b]Girls’ education is one of the most effective
ways for ending poverty in developing nations.
The benefits of their education are seen by
individuals, their families, and throughout
society. These benefits include:
#1 Reducing the number of babies women have;
#2 Lowering infant and child mortality rates;
#3 Lower maternal mortality rates; Protecting against HIV/AIDS infection;
#4 Increased number of women with jobs and
higher earnings and;
#5 Benefits that last many generations.
Education for girls can have the benefit of
delaying marriage and pregnancy for young
girls. Instead of a girl getting married before
age 20 and often suffering abuse by her
husband, girls who attend primary and
secondary school are more likely to have a say in who they marry. Girls who attend school
also are able to use more effective methods
of family planning and therefore have fewer
and healthier babies. An educated girl and
woman will have learned about HIV/AIDS and
know many different ways to protect herself from getting the disease. Every year of
schooling helps a girl make better decisions for
her and her family. Women who attended school often have
healthier families. These women are more likely
to seek medical help from clinics or doctors.
Because they can read, literate women can
understand a doctor’s detailed instructions
and follow up for help if needed. These women also can read nutritional labels and provide
their family healthy meals that promote
growth and lower cholesterol. Education also
teaches young ones the importance of keeping
herself and her house clean and safe. As their families are healthier, so is the
mother. She is less likely to be a young mother
since she stayed in school and will have better-
spaced pregnancies that are healthy for her
body. Education is amazing: the World Bank
determined that each year of school prevents 2 maternal deaths out of 1000 women each
year! Sending your daughters to school can be
challenging to your pocket book and her
safety. You can protect them with your
support and involvement in their education.
This will curb most teacher or student
harassment that they would feel uncomfortable with. Continue reading the links
to see how the price to your wallet will be
worth it now and in the long-run.[/b]
Going to school alone is not enough.Education from the parents as well is necessary to produce a female child of worth in the society. I have three sisters and they are all happily married to men they themselves chose. Because of the wealth of knowledge they have both from our parents and school, they were able to remain faithful to themselves and God before their marriage. Their are so many young girls in my area who have either given birth or are currently pregnant because of lack of education. I was with some friends yesterday and I saw a very small girl of about 14 years pregnant. When I enquired about the issue I found out that she wasn't raped or anything rather she has a boyfriend she claims she loves. In this case I blame the parents. [url=nigeria.thebeehive.org/content/28/2797]SOURCE[/url]
Re: The Importance Of Education For The Female Child. by Ayshakhan922(m): 2:24pm On Dec 11, 2018
Education in general is important for everyone but when we talk about a female kid then it is the most significant factor that can make your country to be more successful and modified in many ways. Females consist on the half of the population and it is very important that they have sufficient knowledge so they would be able to participate in societal affairs. A lot of students are looking for best writing services and it will be really good for us.
Re: The Importance Of Education For The Female Child. by TrippKristophe: 8:16am On Dec 13, 2018
Why are you not working on this education and how can you do it from rush my essay reviews? I think that it will be great if things that you know can be done by those people who know about it too.
Re: The Importance Of Education For The Female Child. by Ronaldbrehm: 11:51am On Feb 21, 2019
Nice post such an amazing but I think Islamic education is very important for our life If you want to learn online quran or daily duas duaOazkar is the best place to find daily duas

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilag Pulls Out Of ASUU To Write 2nd Semester Examination / No More School Fees: FG Declares Tuition Free At All Federal Universities / IQ TEST: Do You Understand This? [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.