Stats: 3,155,935 members, 7,828,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. (3353 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike / Unijos To Relaese Admission List For 2008/2009 Session Any Moment From Now (2) (3) (4)

UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2009
The chairman governing council, university of jos,dr ignatius uguru has directed all staff and students of the school to resume to work despite the ongoing ASUU strike.He made the annoucement while briefing newsmen that the consequence of the strike action falls on the student;that since ASUU and the fG have not reach a conclusion,it is pertinent for the school to resume pending the outcome of the strike.Although no ASUU member was at the meeting when he gave the directive but it is only hoped that the striking lecturers will comply with the directive of the governing council.Who wins?.Lets wait and see.
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by otokx(m): 5:28am On Aug 20, 2009
Season 2 begins
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by iz2much: 9:10am On Aug 20, 2009
Neptunz:

The chairman governing council, university of jos,dr ignatius uguru has directed all staff and students of the school to resume to work despite the ongoing ASUU strike.He made the annoucement while briefing newsmen that the consequence of the strike action falls on the student;that since ASUU and the fG have not reach a conclusion,it is pertinent for the school to resume pending the outcome of the strike.Although no ASUU member was at the meeting when he gave the directive but it is only hoped that the striking lecturers will comply with the directive of the governing council.Who wins?.Lets wait and see.

thanks 4 the info, i think you should have given us the source of the infomation
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by snowdrops(m): 9:14am On Aug 20, 2009
dr ignatius guguru   grin grin
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by kokoA(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2009
iz2much:

thanks 4 the info, i think you should have given us the source of the infomation

It was on NTA network news last night.
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by Witi(m): 9:53am On Aug 20, 2009
Another Politician seeking attention trust ASUU they will not answer him any way.
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 20, 2009
Where u see power watch am? I don't spend my gasoline money on 9ja stations. Gosh, fcking carton!
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by naijacann: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2009
what else do you expect from NTA? They're just propaganding for the govt side
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by FBS: 10:47am On Aug 20, 2009
Nigeriaaaaaaaaa
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by Gbade1: 11:05am On Aug 20, 2009
guys this ASUU thing na big nonsense i won form coup make will kidnapp dat ibo boy we call inself ASUU president na who go join me.
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by Nezan(m): 11:09am On Aug 20, 2009
ASUU are the highest paid public servants in Nigeria, but they are always complaining of higher pay angry
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by UNLEASHED(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2009
snowdrops:

dr ignatius guguru grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by oge4real(f): 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2009
It is possible for UNIJOS to resume, it will pave way for many other schools to startwithdrawing from this endless strike.
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by Memunah(f): 1:40pm On Aug 20, 2009
dont think its possible,wel lets watch and c
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by GideonG(m): 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2009
Remember the Ahmadu Bello University of Zaria are not on Strike
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by aaidel(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2009
If its true kudos to them na so one by one dem go pull out ASUU is going to lose face nd credibility with the nigerian people they should have taken the 40% increase now they'll probably get nothin
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by Amjustme: 3:50pm On Aug 20, 2009
Very true,saw it on d NTA news extra by Fatima Abbas, last night 19th of August, 09.

Since our so-called GOVT dont care anymore,what can ASUU do? they need to think of another way out because d GOVT shldnt go away like dat!

All thanks sha to U_JAY. All d best esp to students, i wish there was a better way out for them.
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by burla: 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2009
I think UNIJOS can do it , since UNILORIN can do it , did it and will do it if the strike is not called off on/before their resumption date.
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by skisdon: 4:21pm On Aug 20, 2009
wat do you think our universities are going to look like when ASUU's demand is kept aside and univerities start running that means there is no other body that can advocate for the right of students, and you know what that means our universities are going to turn into glorified primary schools,have you been to universities outside nigeria,i have been to universities in ghana and malaysia the difference is clear what we have hear are no university education. the ASUU may not be right,but at the same time is the govt right,the govt has the capacity to pay 1000% but there are offering 40% and now ASUU has said no,there are indirectly telling nigerian students to go to hell,the future of the nations to go to hell,the power house of the nation to go to hell,the reservior of human resources to goto hell,the truth is there dont care they want us to patronise their private universities that are increasing school fees every year,this is all round extortion,there are waiting for their children to graduate from europe and america to come and run the country as if it is their personal property,in anticipation that we did not get quality education.
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by impish: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2009
ASUU is always goin on strike. so my question is this:

are their needs never met each time, or r they very greedy?"
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by terwizzy(m): 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2009
LOL. Apparently all the man is doing is appealing. I work in UNIJOS and so far no agreement has been reached. ASUU members were not even present at the meeting with the UNIJOS council. The situation unfortunately remains the same. No school. No work.
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by donciccio: 10:42pm On Aug 20, 2009
skis_don:

wat do you think our universities are going to look like when ASUU's demand is kept aside and univerities start running that means there is no other body that can advocate for the right of students, and you know what that means our universities are going to turn into glorified primary schools,have you been to universities outside nigeria,i have been to universities in ghana and malaysia the difference is clear what we have hear are no university education. the ASUU may not be right,but at the same time is the govt right,the govt has the capacity to pay 1000% but there are offering 40% and now ASUU has said no,there are indirectly telling nigerian students to go to hell,the future of the nations to go to hell,the power house of the nation to go to hell,the reservior of human resources to goto hell,the truth is there dont care they want us to patronise their private universities that are increasing school fees every year,this is all round extortion,there are waiting for their children to graduate from europe and america to come and run the country as if it is their personal property,in anticipation that we did not get quality education.

Very correct ski_don. this govt fools wants to paralyse the system so that by the time their folks gradu8 abroad they can com and take over positions w/out tough challenge. its really a pity situation.
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by 4mation: 4:28am On Aug 21, 2009
as far as am concerned it will not b possible 4 unijos 2 go behind ASUU's back and resume, kai lie lie.who dem b na
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by sulbash(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2009
What the govt should do is to increase the 40% to 50%.For the benefits of the young generation youths.While,ASSU should accept this offer if propros to them,if you are willing to resolve the strike.May the Almighty GOD continous to intervn is situation.Where only the student's suffer's.
Re: UNIJOS To Resume Amid ASUU Strike. by ayobase(m): 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2009
Are they ready to pay the fine!

Please Help Me With My Final Year Project / Common Abbreviations And Their Meaning / 18-YR-OLD NKECHI CHIDI-OGBOLU BECOMES YOUNGEST GRADUATE FROM US UNIVERSITY