Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,270 members, 7,811,793 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (577796 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Bossman(m): 4:36pm On Dec 17, 2023
At a high level, at least that's how it works here in the US, the cable will be run to your house, there will be a box outside your house that you will connect to to run it into your house. Then that cable will connect to your cable modem/router.

drmuchin:
Gurus in the house, how does fibre broadband work? All those cables being laid underground how will it connect to your phone or devices?

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jibbyfresh: 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2023
saint2ace:

U can also try Airtel 5G of it's available in your location, though they can be annoying sometimes with no valid reasons

that actually what iā€™m leaning towards. Thanks
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by balogwink: 3:21pm On Dec 18, 2023
Good afternoon.
Does anyone knows of a good ISP I can make use of around irawo owode Ajegunle on ikorodu road.
Please I need tested and good ISP for quick installation.

Thanks all.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ibawon(m): 2:15pm On Dec 21, 2023
balogwink:
Good afternoon.
Does anyone knows of a good ISP I can make use of around irawo owode Ajegunle on ikorodu road.
Please I need tested and good ISP for quick installation.

Thanks all.
I don't know if TIZETI works there. How ever if they do na headache. If you want unlimited Internet. I think Starlink will be the best for now or you can go for Konnect

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Omoapena(m): 3:39pm On Dec 21, 2023
drmuchin:
Gurus in the house, how does fibre broadband work? All those cables being laid underground how will it connect to your phone or devices?

You get a cable to be connected to your router inside your house, but the router will be powered by electricity then you can connect all your devices to the router...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Louiseh83: 1:06pm On Dec 22, 2023
Hi drmuchin

I have found this article https://www.businessbroadbandhub.co.uk/blog/fibre-optic-broadband/ that explains everthing you need to know about fiber broadband.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by balogwink: 10:53pm On Dec 24, 2023
ibawon:

I don't know if TIZETI works there. How ever if they do na headache. If you want unlimited Internet. I think Starlink will be the best for now or you can go for Konnect

Okay thank you very much.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by elvisco44: 1:14pm On Dec 26, 2023
cool
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by drmuchin: 3:08pm On Dec 26, 2023
Bossman:
At a high level, at least that's how it works here in the US, the cable will be run to your house, there will be a box outside your house that you will connect to to run it into your house. Then that cable will connect to your cable modem/router.

This one will require plenty digging and wiring
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BadMaster: 5:17pm On Dec 26, 2023
drmuchin:

This one will require plenty digging and wiring
The thing is, they won't deploy to your area or estate because of you alone. What they do is to, first of all, gauge the interest in their service in an area. If there isn't enough interest, they won't deploy their service there.

I once enquired from MTN on what it would take to deploy their fiber service to my estate. They told me that, at least, one hundred household has to show interest.

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by jibbyfresh: 7:47pm On Jan 16
Thanks I got this and it's a very okay option
saint2ace:

U can also try Airtel 5G of it's available in your location, though they can be annoying sometimes with no valid reasons

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by numtums(m): 8:48pm On Jan 18
nani667:

Yeah.... 5G

Your 4G is quite speedy.... You must be living directly under an MTN mast

I Jus took these now
Sorry what phone is this
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toptaste(m): 1:13pm On Feb 15
Airtel "5G" unlimited. It's supposed to be 20mbps but I hardly ever get above 10

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 4:52pm On Feb 15
toptaste:
Airtel "5G" unlimited. It's supposed to be 20mbps but I hardly ever get above 10

10 Mbps is more than enough for any household unless you want to download Big files.
How much and what router?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toptaste(m): 7:32pm On Feb 15
Dam5reey:

10 Mbps is more than enough for any household unless you want to download Big files.
How much and what router?

Got mine from shopnig https://www.nairaland.com/7823712/free-airtel-5g-router#125483073

You can also walk into any Airtel shop and make enquiry. The device is free if you pay for a months subscription

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by udatso: 12:24pm On Feb 18
Ulrich01:

Right now I am generally tired of all these ISPs. Looking towards trying starlinks.

For the dotmac, it got so bad that I had to tell them to dismount the radio and give me my device. They have been trying to get me to connect ever since.

No way to discard it. Just keep it as scrap grin grin. E fit get use one day.
Where was your location you used dotmac? Abuja?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 7:54am On Mar 01
toptaste:

Got mine from shopnig https://www.nairaland.com/7823712/free-airtel-5g-router#125483073

You can also walk into any Airtel shop and make enquiry. The device is free if you pay for a months subscription

Just got the Airtel 4G smart box with Unlimited 20Mbps. So far so good, as you posted it's like 10Mbps which is sufficient for my needs @20k and it's moveable anywhere coverage is.

They said 5G box is out of stock.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BadMaster: 8:21am On Mar 01
Dam5reey:

Just got the Airtel 4G smart box with Unlimited 20Mbps. So far so good, as you posted it's like 10Mbps which is sufficient for my needs @20k and it's moveable anywhere coverage is.

Did you get it from Airtel office itself or their affiliates like Shopnig?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 8:28am On Mar 01
BadMaster:

Did you get it from Airtel office itself or their affiliates like Shopnig?

I sent mail to airtelbusiness@ng.airtel.com, and their affiliate called 2 days later.
I confirmed again and again, if it's true unlimited and there is no Fair usage, though i don't do heavy downloads i don't just want data to stop in the middle of the month, the representative confirmed its true unlimited no cap or fair usage
I was sent the SIM pack details went to register and made a 20k payment on the website, for the 20Mbps Unlimited plan.
and they sent me the Device.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by BadMaster: 9:01am On Mar 01
Dam5reey:

I sent mail to airtelbusiness@ng.airtel.com, and their affiliate called 2 days later.
I confirmed again and again, if it's true unlimited and there is no Fair usage, though i don't do heavy downloads i don't just want data to stop in the middle of the month, the representative confirmed its true unlimited no cap or fair usage
I was sent the SIM pack details went to register and made a 20k payment on the website, for the 20Mbps Unlimited plan.
Okay, thanks for the info. I am just wondering if the 5G device may be available at their main offices around the country. I will check at their headquarters where I am.
Could it be that they have decided to issue the uncapped plans with 4G router and not the 5G router, given that the highest speed is 60Mbps? So they just tell customers that 5G router is out of stock?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:53am On Mar 01
BadMaster:

Okay, thanks for the info. I am just wondering if the 5G device may be available at their main offices around the country. I will check at their headquarters where I am.
Could it be that they have decided to issue the uncapped plans with 4G router and not the 5G router, given that the highest speed is 60Mbps? So they just tell customers that 5G router is out of stock?

They might be out of stock for real, even third-party resellers are out of stock, 5G is not even everywhere and most only do the 20MBps which is worthless having a 5G device.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Peterlove11: 7:03am On Mar 04
toptaste:

It depends on your location. This is what I get with mine. And it's truly unlimited. Have dumped my mtn 5g since using this. Am hoping MTN will jump on this unlimited wagon soon.

2 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 7:55am On Mar 04
Peterlove11:

It depends on your location. This is what I get with mine. And it's truly unlimited. Have dumped my mtn 5g since using this. Am hoping MTN will jump on this unlimited wagon soon.

Is your Router 5G or 4G?

I Changed my Router location yesterday and boom, I started getting 20Mbps.. there is nothing like Unlimited Data. Even with 4G SmartBox

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Peterlove11: 1:01pm On Mar 04
Dam5reey:

Is your Router 5G or 4G?

I Changed my Router location yesterday and boom, I started getting 20Mbps.. there is nothing like Unlimited Data. Even with 4G SmartBox

Have been using it for 3 months now It's unlimited, its speed capped not data/volume capped. I stream netflix and watch live matches with it, the only issue I have is the ping/latency. When gaming online especially evening period it lags. For me MTN is better in this regard
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by seankafor(m): 9:25am On Mar 12
Who is using this Nokia Airtel 5g unlimited router

Any reviews?

1 Share

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Deicide: 9:56am On Mar 12
Where you got it from and how much
seankafor:
Who is using this Nokia Airtel 5g unlimited router

Any reviews?

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ORIJIN201(m): 10:52am On Mar 22
I have unlimited internet for sale. 26k monthly. Dm me. Contact me on the number on my signature.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by seankafor(m): 10:23am On Mar 24
Who here is using the unlocked MTN 5g router?

How does it work? Is it okay and fluent if unlocked šŸ”“
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Fremlin: 6:55pm On Mar 29
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Fremlin: 6:57pm On Mar 29
Dam5reey:

Please, can I see a picture of this your 4G unlimited router
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EduTechTainMent: 12:59pm On Apr 15
Dam5reey:

So does that mean the device is for free once you pay for a months subscription? Cos I can't where you referred to the price of the 4G router.

Cc @Dam5reey1
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 1:07pm On Apr 15
EduTechTainMent:

So does that mean the device is for free once you pay for a months subscription? Cos I can't where you referred to the price of the 4G router.

Cc @Dam5reey1

yes, it's a free device, once you pay for the 20MBps, its now 25k for new users.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.