Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,030 members, 7,863,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:00 AM

Nigeria- Update Your Solutions. You Are Not Jesus Or Mohammed. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria- Update Your Solutions. You Are Not Jesus Or Mohammed. (342 Views)

Contribute your Solutions To Nigeria Problems / Mohammed Abubakar Wins Best Governor Of The Year On Urban Renewal / Supreme Court Sacks Dorawar-Sallau, Orders Swearing-in Of Abdullahi Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria- Update Your Solutions. You Are Not Jesus Or Mohammed. by lawani: 10:34am On May 23, 2016
Since I am not Jesus or Mohammed, guys who were driven by huge egos to the point that they placed a fatwa on the head of anyone that controverts their thesis about God. The former claimed to be son of God and/or God while the latter claimed to be the last prophet of God. The fatwa says unbelievers and those who write new thesis will be burnt in hell by God forever. This caveat, despite the obvious self serving grandstanding has served to keep billions in bondage with a number of them mentally deranged or demented as religious terrorists, zombies and mercenaries.

On the other hand, I am always delighted, even elated when anybody is able to debunk my argument or thesis with a superior argument. I do not threaten debaters with hell fire and I have changed my position a number of time publicly even here on social media deferring with a deep bow to superior reasoning and/or logic. This is like Buddha, like Orunmila but totally an anathema to Jesus and Mohammed. The words of Buddha and Orunmla are not holy as I always tell people. Orunmila and Buddha were seekers of truth and they knew well enough that the search for truth is never closed. No closure to it. Hence the saying 'Join those who seek the truth, doubt who found it'.

So when I started off on social media, my singsong was resource control seeing that it will wean the FG of the easy oil money but when a number of people pointed out to me that it does not help the oil bearing states, I reflected deeply and then changed the song to tax organisation which will depend the success of government on the success of the economy meaning if the economy makes a lot of profit and is growing then there will be a corresponding increase in government revenue. So a government that wants to maintain its income has its job already cut out for it which is to maintain the economy. That became my new song that I have maintained since and I have been waiting since for someone to bring forward a superior argument. It is sad that I have not encountered an argument, a thesis superior to mine but I am still waiting and I am not threatening people with hell fire. No caveats on proponents of new thesis.

That is why I no longer sing the song of fiscal federalism, resource control and etc. No resource control in the UK and Norway. Natural resources are taken by the Federal Government. No fiscal federalism in the United States. They operate a fiscal system that is unitary. The Federal takes the income tax, the bulk of public funds. If 6 trillion dollars in total was raised by all government arms in the United States, close to 4 trillion dollars goes into the Federal account, the Federal distributes to states in much thesame way as is done in Nigeria. Then natural resources like petroleum are not nationalised in the US, they belong to the landowners who liaise with oil exploration companies on their own, pay corporate income tax while their workers pay personal income tax, all to the Federal and tenement rates to the states.

So all the arguments in Nigeria for fiscal federalism and resource control as panaceas fall flat in the face of glaring evidence. Again no fiscal fedralism in the US, No goverment resource control too. Government in the US are just tax collectors. Agbowo ita in Yoruba. They do nothing for profit. In the UK and Norway, oil resources are owned by government. Norway uses a national company to manage oil resources like Nigeria while the UK probably give management contracts to private companies. Both are successful.

So most positions in Nigeria are based on selfish national interests and not on reality based on research. So I added a new position to my thesis 'Delineate the country into ethnic nations with well alligned interests' which means break up the country for peace and development to spread.

Oil bearing communities should bear in mind that only oil wells on their shores belong to them. Oil wells 50 miles offshore belong to nobody. I believe the UN will not concede oil 50 miles offshore to Bayelsa or Ondo if those states stand alone as independent countries. MEND, NDA and etc should take note. Your homeland is nowhere near 50 miles offshore. You are not fishes or whales and the UN will not concede the oil wells that far offshore to you just because you are millitants. Billionaire militant heads with private jets in the midst of millions of their poverty stricken people can not claim to be freedom fighters. No. So they should take note. They are not going to win free offshore oil blocs. The United Nations will not underwrite that once Nigeria breaks up which may be why MEND does not support a break up.

So my position has been upgraded to 'Delineate the country into properly alligned ethnic nations and tax-organise the new states which must be considerably well policed and well militarized'. I am a progressive, I do not believe in marking time on one idea, on one spot endlessly. With me, old ideas are truncated by new ideas. I am not Jesus or Mohammed.
Re: Nigeria- Update Your Solutions. You Are Not Jesus Or Mohammed. by reverendfather: 10:39am On May 23, 2016
nicely written

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

deleted / Noi-President Buhari’s Approval Rating Averages At 64% After One Yea / How Christians Can Prosper During Recession.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.