Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? (29978 Views)

Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) / A Nairalander's Traditional And White Wedding Pictures / Bride & Groom Ride To Their Wedding On Motorcycles (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by zubby55(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2016
It depends on your pocket ....but to cut cost do it d same day because I did mine same day 31st dec
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by redgem(f): 9:07pm On May 23, 2016
Hmmmm.......i wouldn't mind doing same day, it's just the stress and I bet it won't be organised
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 23, 2016
keypad1:
my brother tanks so much. Thats exactly what i have in mind. I just want to do it without stress
No, pay her bride price first,(the foundation) that's the one recognised most by God, it shouldn't come before cementing(white wedding) your relationship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by vital94(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2016
Mine must be the same day
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 23, 2016
englishmart:
How many hours dey one day? You wan use stress kill yourself?

hahahaha.
This is so funny @"how many hours dey one day?", in my church,you have to bring evidence of bride price payment before you can wed.
I don't think this kind arrangement can work there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by john25: 9:15pm On May 23, 2016
Young Man, this your marriage thing and finance constraints, gets me thinking, how sustainable?? Anyways since you said you are low in income, do Court Wedding which will take less than 2 hours to complete, and then do traditional wedding in the ladies family house then go for reception in the hall where all Family and friends will be entertained. Best of Marriage. But get prepared well financially, Marriage no be manage o, u no get, u no get, after marriage children and responsibilities...

2 Likes

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by stevups(m): 9:18pm On May 23, 2016
Same day makes sense bro.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by vital94(m): 9:19pm On May 23, 2016
Mine must be the same day,whether she like it or not.things hard nw,except she will finance wedding.

1 Like

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by keypad1: 9:25pm On May 23, 2016
hadura29:

Are you sure you're not my fiancee? Coz this was the same discussion we were deliberating on yesterday oooooo... hmm.. me I like the one day thing oooooo..

Make we do Wetin we go do once for all, saves cost and stress... wink that's my plan, my income is on the low so I have to cut my wrapper to my size...
hides my preek.....na man i be ooooo

hahahaha

my brother i just want to safe cost and time. I hope our ladies will understand and accept it this way.

1 Like

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by aspirebig: 9:34pm On May 23, 2016
Op, you have to check the distance between your in-laws and your church. The two families have to agree too. Very important.

For instance, your white wedding is on Lagos island and your traditional is at Ikorodu. Then you see, it makes no sense.

I know people that have their wedding and traditional same day, say the church wedding is at Oregun and the traditional is at Opebi, it is cool.

It will very stressful either way.

1 Like

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by wiloy2k8(m): 9:35pm On May 23, 2016
byvan03:

There won't be enough time for people to think of food before traditional wedding commences. Most people come for reception only and not the church part of the whole thing, so most of your guest will naturally arrive when the traditional wedding has already started. Just one serving but is always better to make the food surplus. We made the food surplus, made several types of rice , Eba + 3 different soups and make sure no one goes home on empty stomach. Buy enough drinks too and you are good to go. People will go home happy and you are satisfied too. Food is served once.

Love mature minds like this .. not married though .... dont even have a gf . grin

No be all those one wey go dey abuse op

4 Likes

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by AmahC(m): 9:44pm On May 23, 2016
Hmmmmm
Bro after our opinion, u have the final say. But hear this, don't allow ur wife to bring more expenses on u when she don't have a part to play financially. Follow her with diplomacy.

Back to ur question, I did mine some day but a week before that day, I took my people to her place to pay up everything on the list. The reason for this is because we didn't want the traditional rights to take our event time.

It was very possible for me to separate the two, Pay up the list and the marriage rights without celebrations and do my white big. But I am this type that likes poolside event. In a big hotel etc.

Her parents and mine were in the village. Though different local government but our villages were close.
If by any reason I do it at my base in a big hotel etc. I will spend much on transporting my people and her people from Imo to Yenagoa where am staying.

So I decided to do it in the village and we don't have the class of hotels I can use in my village. I can't do field or community hall wedding. So I decided to use their compound as my reception.
So even though frnds come from far, they will understand that it's white and traditional. But we tried our best to get a good decorator that transformed the arena.

By doing them together, u will save time and cash too.

If u must separate them, tell ur wife, no DJ, no cake, no card for it. Do it with ur family and hers in a low key. But if anyone comes, the person can eat or drink.

U have the final say here.

4 Likes

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by hadura29(m): 9:47pm On May 23, 2016
keypad1:
hides my preek.....na man i be ooooo

hahahaha

my brother i just want to safe cost and time. I hope our ladies will understand and accept it this way.

Lol bros, I just wan dey sure say no be my wife start the thread ni.. I no even know if she dey NL...

Bros, man gast safe for marriage ooo, not wedding one day event because I wan feed crowd.. we understand it's there special day but they should understand our wallet also that we are planning ahead..

I know say some dudes go come out here to say our thoughts are of poor dudes..

Na to hiss comot... dey read dre yeye comment... tongue

God go help us and bless our union oooooo...

2 Likes

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by MrRhymes101(m): 9:57pm On May 23, 2016
keypad1:
Please i need advise. I was having a chat with my fiancee on what how our wedding is going to be like. I told her i prefer we do it on the same day so that we wont be stressed out and also considering how it will save our finance, not spending much. She was not too okay with it and pprefer we do it on different days.

Please people which pattern of wedding did you do during your time?

Someone actually said the one done on the same day is the one in vogue.

Please i need your indelible inputs here.

Thanks
same day would save cost but its hectic. Incase u need a wedding MC watch me do my thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zNZfOwAvA

1 Like

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by profosenogoboy: 10:04pm On May 23, 2016
Traditional today white The next and start work immidetily
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 23, 2016
Kachisbarbie:
Do a simple wine carrying, indoor things...move on to your white wedding. That's if you desire sef.

Where I come from, traditional marriage is done in the girl's village_ except you plan doing your white wedding in the bride's village or dragging the traditional to town.
^^^none of the above sits well with me, I love that village/local traditional wedding setting.

This is how I'm doing mine. I initially wanted something elaborate, but I checked the projects at hand and we made an adjustment.
Trad inside my papa palour. With the key people present. No long thing.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by ndcide(m): 10:10pm On May 23, 2016
Pavore9:
Sama day makes sense. After the Church wedding move down to the bride's place for the traditional wedding and reception. Many are doing that in the East.

Please note that it should be the other way round.

It''s not right to do any other variant of ceremony without finishing with the family FIRST.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Freksy(m): 10:15pm On May 23, 2016
YOU SUPPOSED TO WED ONCE, SO, CHOOSE ONE. IN FACT, LEAVE THE WHITE FOR THE WHITES..

5 Likes

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 23, 2016
ndcide:

Please note that it should be the other way round.

It''s not right to do any other variant of ceremony without finishing with the family FIRST.

Traditional marriage does not mean the family have not been settled. Most times, it's just a ceremony. Bride price and 'list' have all been attended to.
That's why I'm joining mine. The day the price is paid is the traditional marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by bobkezel(m): 10:33pm On May 23, 2016
Get her pregnant and this won't be an issue.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 23, 2016
PresVA:
So you and your fiancee can't reach a simple agreement on how to hold your wedding(s)... you want Nairalanders to tell you what to do? Smh. ..

Anyway, I did mine on separate days..reason(s) best known to me and my husband...

Go back, discuss with your fiancee and reach an agreement that will be for the best interest of both of you!

You're dancing faster than the music. Madam sabi sabi grin

OP, if your on a budget I will advice you to do on same day to save cost of reception as the TM will turn out to be the reception probably without the cost of a event center. However some churches don't allow that because they believe you need to do the marriage right before the church wedding. But in my church you have the leverage to chose your marriage time even if you want it in the evening my pastor will Wed you. That way you can do the TM in the morning and the wedding early afternoon. I truly wish you well, i understand your position now and you need ideas as the ladies are always trying to follow pattern because of their friends.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Eberex(m): 10:58pm On May 23, 2016
One reason I enjoy NL. You still find crazy dudes in the forum. Back to the matter, I am very interested as I'm on the verge of starting the process.
Now that I have read people's own view, I'll have to settle for two different days, but a week apart. The trad will be done at the lady's palour , here in Lagos. Then the next weekend will be the white wedding.

Nna , na the list be the koko here. In anycase all na negotiation among the elders from both families. As I was told by my papa, if you don see who u wan marry, dem no go pursue you because of money, mba, not in igbo land.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by holluphemydavid(m): 11:16pm On May 23, 2016
Am very much interested in dis topic, wot I dnt understand abt ring giving in marriage is dat, like when someone is avin church, traditional and court wedding, wher is d rite place for d couples to exchange rings, or hw many times are dey suppose to exchange ring, cos in some wedding dey even exchange rings in d reception, pls I nid to be enlighten abt dis tank
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Ishilove: 11:59pm On May 23, 2016
It is only the blackman that does three weddings.

Why on earth do people call the marriage according to customary laws 'engagement'? As far as I'm concerned the real marriage is the traditional marriage. Any other ceremonies are just mere needless formalities.

Get married the traditional way. On Sunday go for church blessings, serve biscuit and malt and shikena, marriage don start.

If you don't want to go for church blessings, let your pastor come to your wedding, use his priestly calling to bless marriage and that's it. You're covered.

My own pastor even encourages we focus on just the court marriage because it solidifies the woman's position as a wife in the eyes of the country's laws, and of course the traditional/customary marriage which is the KOKO.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Ishilove: 12:01am On May 24, 2016
Freksy:
YOU SUPPOSED TO WED ONCE, SO, CHOOSE ONE. IN FACT, LEAVE THE WHITE FOR THE WHITES..
Shiekena. Even the whites we are copying to wear white don't go through all these hassles
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Nyceguy92: 12:02am On May 24, 2016
[quote author=keypad1 post=45890222]

What superior argument does your wife have against holding the two events on same day?
Apart from being very convenient, it is also more economical to have both same day.

Not many people will have the time off work or business to attend your trado- , then Church - wedding on different days.
You use the same entertainment for both occasions.

Even if your wife is bringing the money, one event is a lot of stress already.
You won't be the first person to hold traditional and Church wedding on same day.
It is now the vogue. It is reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Nyceguy92: 12:07am On May 24, 2016
byvan03:
I did mine same day, the same reasons you want yours that way. After wedding we still had enough to give finishing touches to our new life. Less stress on family and friends, less stress on the couple and their pocket.

Exactly the point I made in my contribution.
One is a lot of stress already, both in terms of time off work or other pursuit.
And the finances, too.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by byvan03: 12:20am On May 24, 2016
Nyceguy92:

Exactly the point I made in my contribution.
One is a lot of stress already, both in terms of time off work or other pursuit.
And the finances, too.

I personally don't see why I won't make all the hassles end in a day. The lesser the stress, the better.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Skipfr(m): 1:10am On May 24, 2016
I did mine same day. Early morning service followed by traditional and reception.

1 Like

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by godwinkessi: 1:21am On May 24, 2016
Only broke people do that!!! So if you're broke and either of the couple is so damn ugly I recommend u do same day.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by gen2lpat(m): 2:22am On May 24, 2016
PresVA:
So you and your fiancee can't reach a simple agreement on how to hold your wedding(s)... you want Nairalanders to tell you what to do? Smh. ..

Anyway, I did mine on separate days..reason(s) best known to me and my husband...

Go back, discuss with your fiancee and reach an agreement that will be for the best interest of both of you!

Reason best know to you alone.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo Receives Kegites Club Of Nigeria / Lady’s Wig Catches Fire While Dancing With Her Birthday Cake (video) / I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.