Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? (28807 Views)

Couple Hold Simple Wedding On A Weekday With Only 7 Guests (Photos) / A Nairalander's Traditional And White Wedding Pictures / Bride & Groom Ride To Their Wedding On Motorcycles (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by gen2lpat(m): 2:30am On May 24, 2016
Only a woman that really understand that times are hard and be ready to let go her "Publicity and Show" will agreed to do both traditional and white wedding in the same day. So because Cynthia did hers on different days, you must do the same?

Some think of only what happens now and never make plans for the future. If you have the money to do it on separate days, fine. To save more money, same day is the best option.

If she disagrees, fine! Have her contribute 40% of the total budget for each wedding.

3 Likes

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by princeayito(m): 6:53am On May 24, 2016
I tinx dats d best option,to avoid too much of spending moni
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by PecE2Make: 7:03am On May 24, 2016
doing it d same is only possible where the bride's parents are landlords n the couple to be resides within a geographical location otherwise, not possible. Imagine where the groom has more fans in Port Harcourt and the groom lives in one interior village in Lagos just cheek the distance.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by ezychris(m): 7:03am On May 24, 2016
afanide:
Same day is your best bet bro. Even RICH MEN these says do both same day to save themselves alot of expencies and stress.

Will do mine same day Next Year in Njaba Umuaka Orlu LGA, in Imo State.....
My guy, am I invited? I stay in Orlu cheesy
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by afamaustin(m): 7:39am On May 24, 2016
Doing it d same day pays
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by thelish(f): 8:16am On May 24, 2016
keypad1:
More contribution from the married folks here.

separate days mean u will cook twice, buy drinks twice, canopies n chairs twice, decoration twice, stress twice, in fact everything twice. To me, that is a waste especially now that one tomato is 100 naira n bag of rice is 18k. Bro, use ur sense before u owe gbese cos of wedding. Ur fiance should be d one suggesting this to u sef.
In my own case, I initiated d plan n hubby was glad we did it dat way.

3 Likes

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by LadyMessi(f): 8:19am On May 24, 2016
Doing it the same day to me is the best especially now that the economy is hard. Planning to do mine same day by October this year. No wedding is the best and no one is the lowest, if you think yours is the best, tomorrow you will see another one better than yours.

1 Like

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by thelish(f): 8:20am On May 24, 2016
byvan03:

There won't be enough time for people to think of food before traditional wedding commences. Most people come for reception only and not the church part of the whole thing, so most of your guest will naturally arrive when the traditional wedding has already started. Just one serving but is always better to make the food surplus. We made the food surplus, made several types of rice , Eba + 3 different soups and make sure no one goes home on empty stomach. Buy enough drinks too and you are good to go. People will go home happy and you are satisfied too. Food is served once.

buy d ones ur power n money reach oo. The weather is hard. Nobody gives award for best wedding. Who food nor reach, go eat for house.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Myhonor(f): 8:22am On May 24, 2016
Most ladies won't agree on dis same day marriage... but as a young lady who understands things are hard these days.. I'll prefare to do my trad and white wedding same day to save expenses,, den I'll use the remaining money for an unforgettable honeymoon but if hubby wants it separately den no problem...

1 Like

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by MightySparrow: 8:22am On May 24, 2016
I had my own same day two hours for each and about two and half hours for reception. While some people were still dancing in the hall I carried my wife away. No wasting of time.

My man it is the best.

1 Like

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by MaziOmenuko: 8:25am On May 24, 2016
Kyepad1
If your wife's family house is far from the church venue, you will be stressing out your visitors. Do a small scale trad involving immediate family members. It will be done same day you will be paying dowry; after settling everything on the list (assuming you're from SE/SS), you guys do a small scale ceremony. Could be on thur of your wedding week.

Then you proceed for your wedding and reception: truth is, women value white wedding a lot, its her day, so anything she wants, give to her. Remember that its a once in a life time; you dont want to live with a scorned woman for the rest of your life...trust me wink
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by MaziOmenuko: 8:29am On May 24, 2016
thelish:

separate days mean u will cook twice, buy drinks twice, canopies n chairs twice, decoration twice, stress twice, in fact everything twice. To me, that is a waste especially now that one tomato is 100 naira n bag of rice is 18k. Bro, use ur sense before u owe gbese cos of wedding. Ur fiance should be d one suggesting this to u sef.
In my own case, I initiated d plan n hubby was glad we did it dat way.

You will still cook that rice the day your inlaws comes to pay dowry and settle your family people. I believe that same day can be used as a trad, just change clothes, dance and present the wine to your husband. Then go home and prepare for wedding.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by mztubsy(f): 8:43am On May 24, 2016
I would advice you to do everything the same day. I've never been a fan of church weddings. I and my husband just decided to do everything at once in the hall. to we yorubas, the traditional engagement is the most important.we did that in the morning with the whole decoration looking stunningly traditional. afterwards, I changed to my wedding gown and there was a brief blessing by our pastors......and then reception followed immediately. all you need is to book a big Hall and then get a good decorator with enough hands to change from traditional setting to another for you.wish I could share pictures here sef! it was sooooo beautiful. if you get carried away with the whole wedding frenzy and ignore how deep it wud eat into your pocket,you might have your self to blame afterward.....HML in advance dear!

2 Likes

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by byvan03: 8:53am On May 24, 2016
thelish:

buy d ones ur power n money reach oo. The weather is hard. Nobody gives award for best wedding. Who food nor reach, go eat for house.

I no be OP nah grin . If the person can't sponsor a big wedding, the best is to have a morning mass wedding, then a little traditional gathering with both kinsmen only.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by thelish(f): 8:55am On May 24, 2016
byvan03:

I no be OP nah grin . If the person can't sponsor a big wedding, the best is to have a morning mass wedding, then a little traditional gathering with both kinsmen only.

nor mind me, I don high
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by byvan03: 8:56am On May 24, 2016
thelish:

nor mind me, I don high

grin grin
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Soleymania(m): 10:12am On May 24, 2016
It all depends on u .. Don't tried to please people... I did mine same day, church,traditional and reception.. Just make sure d distance is not too far apart. Its all about planning.
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Analee(f): 10:29am On May 24, 2016
pls waz d ideal dressn for court weddn
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Nobody: 10:36am On May 24, 2016
PresVA:
So you and your fiancee can't reach a simple agreement on how to hold your wedding(s)... you want Nairalanders to tell you what to do? Smh. ..

Anyway, I did mine on separate days..reason(s) best known to me and my husband...

Go back, discuss with your fiancee and reach an agreement that will be for the best interest of both of you!
look at you undecided
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Taolyn4lif(m): 11:58am On May 24, 2016
Why is everyone suggesting two wedding ceremonies (traditional and white) for the op? Must he do the two?

Just asking o
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by afanide: 1:13pm On May 24, 2016
ezychris:
My guy, am I invited? I stay in Orlu cheesy

Till then bro...... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Vikkiboi(m): 2:01pm On May 24, 2016
@keypad1

Well, am not married yet, but I have enough experience in this line being a DJ.

It all depends on you.

Have seen both done together in a day recently and here is how it's done.

First, you have to make sure all your guest, family members, pastors and friends are not far from the venue. The hotel bin booked shouldn't be too far from the main venue.

9am-10:30am Pastors blessing/Church service. You can talk to your pastor to speed it up, have seen one that didn't last up to an hour.

11am-1Pm Traditional/Engagement: Alaga iduros are the ones meant to blame in this aspect for taking so much time but it can be controlled if u can caution them from the start. Max, it shouldn't last up to 2hrs.

1:30pm-infinity: Wedding Reception Proper:

The 30min interval between each time is to allow couples change back into desired wears, I have handled enough as an event planner and as a DJ. So it's a choice.

FEEDING: This is a major aspect and it can be controlled and managed well. You will start with light refreshment from the engagement and serve main meal during reception. Engagement should be small chops and drinks but if you are well endowed, you can start serving from the engagement.

To know more and to engage my service as a dj, you can contact 07034487486 2BC35B63

3 Likes

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Vikkiboi(m): 2:03pm On May 24, 2016
Analee:
pls waz d ideal dressn for court weddn

A simple suit for the groom and a gown for the bride
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by ezychris(m): 3:48pm On May 24, 2016
afanide:

Till then bro...... cheesy cheesy cheesy
No wahala
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by englishmart(m): 11:24am On May 25, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

hahahaha.
This is so funny @"how many hours dey one day?", in my church,you have to bring evidence of bride price payment before you can wed.
I don't think this kind arrangement can work there.
e be like say na assemblies of God church you dey go

1 Like

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by oluwaseun77(m): 5:25pm On May 26, 2016
Order the most amazing and elegant wedding cakes
Just check out topcake.com.ng

Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by BekeeBuAgbara: 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2017
Pavore9:
Sama day makes sense. After the Church wedding move down to the bride's place for the traditional wedding and reception. Many are doing that in the East.
Good advice
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Seni22: 12:57pm On Jan 09, 2018
Wedding planning is stressful and can be worse if you are planning to have both traditional and white wedding the same day. We have put together tips and tricks to help you achieve a stress-free wedding. Goodluck!

http://www.zumi.ng/weddings/plan-stress-free-engagement-white-wedding-day/
Re: Doing Traditional And White Wedding On The Same Day Or On Different Days? by Seni22: 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2018
Wedding planning is stressful and can be worse if you are planning to have both traditional and white wedding the same day. We have put together tips and tricks to help you achieve a stress-free wedding. Goodluck!

http://www.zumi.ng/weddings/plan-stress-free-engagement-white-wedding-day/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iyanya Thrilling Ladies On US Tour - (Pictures) / Pictures From Deji Falae's Funeral Service / Princess Maya To Wed. Pre-Wedding Photos Of Lady Who Fed 5,000 Orphans, Almajiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.