Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Women Bosses And Their Women Problem - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Women Bosses And Their Women Problem (29672 Views)

"Only Nigerian Bosses Make It Seem Okay For You To Work On Weekends" - Man / Share Your Experience With Female Bosses. / 7 Ways Nigerian Bosses Abuse Their Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by obiak4(m): 10:45am On May 25, 2016
GSKing:

Try the bolded with me and I'll kill you.
More like throw your ass out of my company.
undecided
so I can't compliment you abi

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mamawin(f): 10:46am On May 25, 2016
seunajia:

Compliment her dressing, for what? What's your business with her dressing?

You don't need to tell him to be warm, they're colleagues for God's sake! It's strictly a professional interaction.

Which blaady extra, she's blocking all his moves to entrench growth. Which facking extra.

You see some of these women are just full of shyte. The OP has not even finished typing before this madam started asking him to "compliment her dressing". WTF? OP, you want to be a brown-noser, eh?
oya oga Seun mabinu, Mi o ni she be mo
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by grandstar(m): 10:51am On May 25, 2016
AntiWailer:
You are simply a sexist.

Resign if you cnt stand a lady being your boss.

Remember one of the 48 laws of power.

"Never outshine your master"

She will deal with you and mess you up. She has every ground to get you kicked out

You were employed as a marketer and have not made any sales yet you want to go Head to head with your boss.

You should lick more than her ass since there is nothing special about u as an employee.

Even as a top performer, u shld learn to carry ur boss along and make her comfortable.

My career span over a decade and Female Bosses are the most caring and most reasonable if you read 48 laws of power early enough.

You dnt have to tell her she is good looking.

I once chatted a female boss telling her to calm down that I can feel the pressure from the top and I am working with my guys (team) to ensure things get better soon. I told her to promise me that the weekend will be 4 her family while trusting us to get things done.
(Note: I was not feeling any pressure. I was just inspired to encourage her)

She replied my chat that she was moved to tears and I just lifted a burden.She said she had d best weekend in a while when we met on Monday.

2-1 or first class is not enough, you have to be emotionally intelligent to get to the top.

A self fulfilling prophecy always comes to pass .That's the problem with these peeps

3 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by seunajia: 10:53am On May 25, 2016
mamawin:
oya oga Seun mabinu, Mi o ni she be mo

Madam. Nkan ti o da o da. He shouldn't have to suck up to her or grovel to do his job.

These kind of unprofessional character will only serve to put women at a disadvantage.

3 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by ProfLogan(m): 11:22am On May 25, 2016
GSKing:

Try the bolded with me and I'll kill you.

More like throw your ass out of my company.

undecided

Nice dress.
You are 'fantastically' charming and hot

Oya kill me tongue

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by ClintonDal(m): 11:31am On May 25, 2016
mamawin:
well, I don't know what my own staff will say about me but female bosses ain't that bad. well my tips, be warm to her, compliment her dressing, do the work she assigned to you plus extra, seek her opinions on things like you really need her help. in all, do your best, and if it isn't enough, na she get wahala
Why must he compliment her dressing? Someone who has a positive idea is being shutdown because an insensitive woman is the boss. And you guys expect the NASS to pass the gender equality bill. Smh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by glingev(m): 11:35am On May 25, 2016
Many female bosses are full of sh*t, I worked with one and I knew no peace till I resigned. I just pity her husband
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by AntiWailer: 11:42am On May 25, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
people can talk sha... Did u even though ad the part where he doesn't have the problem with her except she is a total jerk?

Besides, the guy knws his worth and that is all that matters. I won't mention name, but the company I worked last with before u started working for myself, I left becos of the boee female boss. And it wasn't only me, after I left, I visited and realised that the most active ones have left and are doing fine in their own.

The woman has destroyed the company. Even the unskilled labourers knew this and are lamenting.

A company that boasts of sales not less than 250million every two weeks couldn't make 45million in a month and she blames the officers when everyone knws the problem. I wish u find urself with such bosses

I will.

When i do, we will be best of friends against all odds and Rumour mongers like you will still say that I am probably sleeping with her.

You have no idea how emotionally intelligent I can be.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Taryur3(m): 1:24pm On May 25, 2016
mamawin:
what do you think? but for security reasons....
Ok...nice one madam.when is your firm recruiting? and can you actually help a cousin of mine? A computer scientist from Uniben. If it's based on merit...he is good to go...and if it takes what nigeria system is presently...am ready to help him.thanks.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mamawin(f): 1:27pm On May 25, 2016
Taryur3:

Ok...nice one madam.when is your firm recruiting? and can you actually help a cousin of mine? A computer scientist from Uniben. If it's based on merit...he is good to go...and if it takes what nigeria system is presently...am ready to help him.thanks.
problem is my firm is retrenching presently. na wah oo
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 25, 2016
What then drives bad male bosses? undecided

Sexist P***

AfroKnight:
I have had only one female boss ever and she was very considerate. However I understand that she is a rarity. When dealing my female clients I tend to be extra careful to use the right words and gestures so I won't appear condescending.

These kind of women consider it an achievement when they control men. They are just too insecure around a confident and independent man. I guess they want men who'd depend on them for validation but even mama's boys hardly do that.

No matter how tough she treats you bro, don't ever compliment her dressing. Some women would take offence and label that sexist. Besides, thats her husband's duty. You don't have time for her drama.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by rajeto: 1:42pm On May 25, 2016
You pray very well,the heart of the king is in the hand of God and you should most times relate your prospective clientele to her and recruit her input as if nothing would work without her support,compliment her looks,and just be very confident and positive in your heart and mind
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Taryur3(m): 1:51pm On May 25, 2016
mamawin:
problem is my firm is retrenching presently. na wah oo
Lols....so this change mantra reach your firm.so sad...I worked with P and G ibadan though and I have been and am still trying my best to make sure he pertake in the upcoming interview few weeks here. I wish he can replace me as am tendering my resignation letter after this my foreign training.i just want him to get fixed up before I quit the firm and also looking for an alternative way for him because he is on my neck right now.thanks.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 25, 2016
glingev, seylex, 400billionman, rita25, AfroKnight, Lennylinconlee, Guyman02, guji, hob, mamawin, mostyg, SLIDEwaxie, jmann2, Lightening, shamsuRana, Edusouls, Goodplace, Dexema, Lumiere91, waynejesus, nairaman66, Yomieluv, seunfly, Hormoniyi25

Your problem is your bias. An average white sees an average black man as a thug, through no fault of is own. It is called colour bias and mos t times when you think your female boss is arrogant, you are just being gender biased. Your female boss is not arrogant or troublesome. she simply wants to get the job done. You are the one with the problem. Be a good boys and girls and do as you are told. Being a woman does not give you right to question her authority or intelligence or act like you know better than her. If you were so good at it, you won't be under her authority!

However I do agree that there are bad female bosses but using that category as a yardstick for all female bosses is insane. Before you quote me again, you must be goddamn ready to tell me why we have bad male bosses?

To the ladies running theri mouths, you might end up being a leader someday. Don't cry wolf when you get unruly employees.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 25, 2016
We once had a male landlord who sounded similar and given the state of the country countries all over the world, men have succeeded in creating hell on earth. Simply put, you do not need to work under a man to feel like you are in hell!

Yomieluv:
Have never had a female boss,what I had then was a landlady, who was a control freak,always pokenosing into affairs that doesn't concern her.
]
Female in charge of any affair is similar to he'll.

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 25, 2016
You have a gender bias problem. undecided

otipoju:
I have worked 4 female supervisors.

The first was a Branch Manager at Diamond bank..all she wanted was results. Sge no get time for drama.

Later on she assigned one Kudi to manage my team, Kudi was petty and wanted me to be afraid of her and promised to get me sacked and I told her goons to tell her that she wont be on her seat forever and as ling as I was giving my mom her monthly allowance, she can do me nothing.I resigned eventually after I was transfered to a lekki branch and got another offer that paid seven times better after about 9 months. She came to the office one day and could not log in..Diamond bank Tsunami had claimed her.

My new boss no get one single wahala and trusted me with so much responsibility. The only issue I had with her was when I called her the shortened version of her name that she did not like. In my mind, I still call her that name even though I say the one she prefers. "Lape" was a wonderful person and till today I still keep in touch with her.

My fourth female boss was a control freak, drama queen and wicked soul. She is Peuto Rican and after being docile humble and pleading and placating her and her husband for several months, because of my peculiar situation then I showed her the Lagos side of me. It was as if the more calm I tried to be, the weaker she thought I was.

I had had enough and put her in her place. I knew what would come after that and just did not care. I gave her a scorching lecture in manners .

At the end of the day I would prefer to work with a male . Its seems that we have a code of conduct of mutual respect that women dont subscribe to or know about.

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 25, 2016
Keep moaning. We know that crying on cyberspace is the only logical thing the all powerful man to do.

You are only going to be a 'man' within the confines of your home. Outside your home, you are just like me. You can moan all day. Women leaders are not going anywhere.

Edusouls:
and all these things are to try flatter an insensitive,arrogant and proud woman boss...it wont work,you women are difficult, a creation half baked, even God himself avoid women cos una wahala don tire am,talkless of men..i dont blame you women shaa,the western education, and satan inspired feminism have given u inferior and faulty beings the chance to head the lions of God,the choosen ones men, in some places.,men has had enough of these anomalies it will soon be permanently corrected...

2 Likes

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 25, 2016
Bla Bla Bla

Is that what your mother who I assumed to be an underachiever told you?.
Lumiere91:
African Female bosses are lazy,unprofessional and suffer mostly from inferiority complex.i hav worked with six of them already.few african women are intelligent
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by 400billionman: 2:17pm On May 25, 2016
daretodiffer:
glingev, seylex, 400billionman, rita25, AfroKnight, Lennylinconlee, Guyman02, guji, hob, mamawin, mostyg, SLIDEwaxie, jmann2, Lightening, shamsuRana, Edusouls, Goodplace, Dexema, Lumiere91, waynejesus, nairaman66, Yomieluv, seunfly, Hormoniyi25

Your problem is your bias. An average white sees an average black man as a thug, through no fault of is own. It is called colour bias and mos t times when you think your female boss is arrogant, you are just being gender biased. Your female boss is not arrogant or troublesome. she simply wants to get the job done. You are the one with the problem. Be a good boys and girls and do as you are told. Being a woman does not give you right to question her authority or intelligence or act like you know better than her. If you were so good at it, you won't be under her authority!

However I do agree that there are bad female bosses but using that category as a yardstick for all female bosses is insane. Before you quote me again, you must be goddamn ready to tell me why we have bad male bosses?

To the ladies running theri mouths, you might end up being a leader someday. Don't cry wolf when you get unruly employees.

I once had a female superior though i was not directly under her. People under complained bitterly. One day, her husband visited our office. The way she insulted her husband inside office made me understand why her subordinates always complained.

If she can do that to her hubby, then who are her subordinates ?
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mamawin(f): 3:11pm On May 25, 2016
Taryur3:

Lols....so this change mantra reach your firm.so sad...I worked with P and G ibadan though and I have been and am still trying my best to make sure he pertake in the upcoming interview few weeks here. I wish he can replace me as am tendering my resignation letter after this my foreign training.i just want him to get fixed up before I quit the firm and also looking for an alternative way for him because he is on my neck right now.thanks.
God will make way for him, I have a sister like that, too. with 2,1 in accountancy, worked for us as a casual staff for years, nothing. she's home now. Don't know what to do again
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by nairaman66(m): 4:12pm On May 25, 2016
The
daretodiffer:

The amount of terrible female bosses in our work places is alarming that's why we have to generalize! Female bosses are cancerous to a good working environment! They always work under pressure because they want to be better than the male counterpart!
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by que4: 4:27pm On May 25, 2016
cocktopuss:

So what's left? A computer or be your own boss.

Maybe u might also need to do some introspection tongue

Btw the moody man seems like your best experience

Be my own boss..... Eventually. The man' firm was not comparable to either of the women' in term of growth. His was also a part time job (I was doing my NYSC) and I earned 10k. The other jobs ran into hundreds of thousand so I usually don't count the man as much of an experience except how to navigate a minefield and handle a menstruating male.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by glingev(m): 6:45pm On May 25, 2016
daretodiffer:

Please no one is saying all females bosses are bad especially the ones who attained the position through merit but the others who got there through others means they could be very wicked and mean especially the one I worked with. I seldom complain but for me to have complained about this one you should know it's serious this woman can curse anybody I wonder the kind of home she was brought up in

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mecussey(m): 7:45pm On May 25, 2016
seunfly:
U are right, I'm self employed and I'm into property management, sales, consultancy and estate development. I've noticed doing business with men is less complicated and easy to pull through but when it comes to women, u have to spell out all the terms and condition in white and black b4 u even goes into any business ventures with some of them. Trust me women folks will still break many of those terms but it will save u from too many drama especially financial contribution to d development of such business and sharing ratio for the profit margin.

Most women I've worked with will want to contribute less in a joint ventures businesses but want to have largest shares from the financial income.

F+ck women...they are just created to make babies.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by seylex(m): 7:07am On May 26, 2016
hello guys, I'm really amazed at the response on this thread. truth be told, I've met a whole lot of wonderful women, mothers, mentors who people aspire to be. however there are these really obnoxious ones.

The disclaimer still stands irrespective of peoples opinion, this is not a gender issue, the topic was just meant to catch attention, there are bad men bosses too.

This thread has been really therapeutic for me as I wrote the piece out of frustration and its good to know that I'm not alone in this. I have taken the good advice of well meaning people, and I have learnt in the process as well.

Thank you for the contributions.

cheers.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Pranxta(m): 7:30am On May 26, 2016
otipoju:
I have worked with 4 female supervisors.

The first was a Branch Manager at Diamond bank..all she wanted was results. She no get time for drama at all and she advised us not to let criticism destroy our self esteem.

Later on she assigned one Kudi to manage my team, Kudi was petty from the onset and wanted me to be afraid of her and even promised to get me sacked. I told her goons to tell her that she wont be on her seat forever and as long as I was giving my mom her monthly allowance, she can do me nothing. I resigned eventually after I was transferred to a Lekki branch but got another offer that paid seven times better about 9 months after. She came to the office one day and could not log in..Diamond bank Tsunami had claimed her.

My third boss no get one single wahala and trusted me with so much responsibility. The only day i had any with her was when I called her a shortened version of her name that she did not like. She vex for me that day no be small. In my mind, I still call her that name even though I am saying the one she prefers. "Lape" was, is and will continue to be a wonderful person and till today I still keep in touch with her.

My fourth female boss was a control freak, drama queen and wicked soul. She is Peuto Rican . After being docile, humble and pleading and placating her and her husband for several months, because of my peculiar situation ( I needed the money badly and my choices were extremely limited},I changed it for her. It was as if the more calm I tried to be, the weaker she thought I was and the more cruel she became.

One day I had had enough and showed her my Abokii side. I vibrated for her like a Lagos boy should and put her in her place.She was caught off guard and was visibly shaken. I knew what would come after that and just did not care and was willing to damn the consequences. I gave her a scorching lecture in manners and walked out of that building that night proud of myself.

At the end of the day I would prefer to work with a male . It seems that Men have a code of conduct called Mutual Respect that women don't subscribe to or know about.

GBAM!!! You just hit the nail on its head.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mamawin(f): 9:25am On May 26, 2016
glingev:

Please no one is saying all females bosses are bad especially the ones who attained the position through merit but the others who got there through others means they could be very wicked and mean especially the one I worked with. I seldom complain but for me to have complained about this one you should know it's serious this woman can curse anybody I wonder the kind of home she was brought up in
I agree with you, but just know some male bosses are like that too
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by mamawin(f): 9:32am On May 26, 2016
mecussey:

F+ck women...they are just created to make babies.
why? why? have you forgotten yr mum, sisters, cousins, wife/fiancee/gfriends, etc are women. don't just comment, do so with wisdom. FYI we do a lot more than make babies. perhaps, you are yet to meet the likes of that do

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by seunfly: 5:33pm On May 26, 2016
skyenitan04:
bro..can i have ur contact or email address ? need ur advice on consultancy and property management .warm regards.
Seunfly@gmail.com.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by EmmyDe25(m): 9:47am On May 27, 2016
[quote author=seylex post=45895242]this happen to be my first female boss, and just 2 months of working together she is so typical of those ive read about. these are a few of their realities.
disclaimer - this is not representative of all women just the type of my boss.

a little background.

All my requests and moves were rebuffed, all support was literally non existent. well marketing happens to be a cost centre in itself, sales brings in the money. many dont know the difference though including my boss. i managed the two role independently despite all the challenges, but we are yet to make sales.

she pretends as if she doesnt know why we are not making sales. and shes using that as a pedestal to victimize me. she copies the HR on unnecessary issues and quite frankly its frustrating.

well after all these i had to understand her and why we may never gel -

1. women bosses are arrogant
2. they always want to be in control
3. they are mostly lazy themselves
4. they are mostly insecure

at least my boss is all the above and more.

well, she wants me to lick her a**, but Im never doing all of that. I know over time we may blend but for now its so annoying. i feel like leaving already. Guys with experience should please give honest advise to a distressed worker.

1 Like

Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by otipoju(m): 11:46pm On May 30, 2016
daretodiffer:
You have a gender bias problem. undecided

Thanks for the complement.
Re: Women Bosses And Their Women Problem by Dexema(m): 12:22am On May 31, 2016
daretodiffer:

I was just about typing another long response but I think it's really not worth it, cos you won't understand anyway I put it to you. case rested.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What business can 300k do / The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker / Nigerian Army 77rri Recruit Intake Exercise Ongoing At Army Barracks Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.