Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker (29751 Views)

Covering Up For A Mistake A Coworker Has Made: Would You Choose Losing Your Job? / "3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady / How To Tell A Dominant, Overbearing Or Rude Coworker To Shut The Hell Up At Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Dyt(f): 2:53pm On May 20, 2021
The Pros or Advantages of Dating a Coworker
1, You're familiar with that person. The attraction between coworkers doesn't usually develop until the two have been around each other for a while. This eliminates the need for them to get to know each other. Some people squirm at the thought of the initial process of dating. They worry that they'll spend days or weeks getting to know a person, only to decide that they're not attracted to them. Coworkers get to know each other by chance and develop an attraction from what they've learned while working with each other.

2, You've identified similar interests. Most likely, the attraction has developed based on physical and emotional triggers. It's common for coworkers to spend time talking and learning about each other. After a long weekend, coworkers return to work and share their stories about how great the weekend was, which easily piques curiosity or, even more, personal interest. Dating a coworker removes the possibility of boring your partner with your long work-related stories because they have first-hand knowledge.

3, You already spend a lot of time together. This may be a pro and a con based on how far the relationship goes. Many couples worry that they don't get to spend enough time with their mate due to their work schedule. Because you work together, this isn't much of an issue when dating a coworker. Sometimes working together and dating may be too much for one or both parties. Creating a healthy balance of time removes some of the issues or challenges regarding spending time.

4, The excitement of doing what you shouldn't be an adrenaline rush. Even in workplaces where dating someone you work with is prohibited, the idea of doing it discretely turns some people on or gets the adrenaline flowing. It can be a risky adventure, but some people thrive on taking risks. Calculate the depth of the loss to ensure that you can tolerate the punishment that accompanies the misconduct.

The Cons or Disadvantages of Dating a Coworker

You may be a little too familiar with the coworker. It is possible that the initial attraction.

1, Jealousy may prove to be an issue. It may be challenging to date a coworker because of jealousy issues. Once one person sees the other being too friendly with another coworker, it could cause issues between the two. It's often a simple conversation that could lead to mass confusion and create an uncomfortable environment inside and outside of work. Jealousy is usually founded on feelings of inadequacy, and this could present major interference with production and peace in the workplace.

2, Disputes can make working together difficult. It's challenging to be around your mate during or after a dispute. Imagine how difficult it will be to work with your mate during a dispute. Disputes in the relationship could lead to disciplinary actions or, worse, termination of one or both parties. This is one of the biggest challenges that most people in the workplace are dating each other face. If you're quick-tempered or have difficulty working through relationship problems, dating a coworker maybe something you avoid.

3, Workplace competitiveness may become an issue. It may work better if the two people work for different departments. However, if working for the same department or division, opportunities for advancement could present themselves for both. This could cause a couple to become competitive against each other, which creates conflict between two dating people.

How to Make a Relationship with a Coworker Work
Couples who work together and date will eventually encounter obstacles that make maintaining a relationship difficult. If the relationship is supported by love and familiarity, it's important to establish respect and set expectations early. Relationship counselors help couples learn to face and overcome these challenges.

https://www.regain.us/advice/dating/the-pros-and-cons-of-dating-a-coworker/

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by marveangel(m): 3:19pm On May 20, 2021
Dating a coworker is a no no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj6-w3If2KY

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by ekene101: 6:18pm On May 20, 2021
Avoid see finish

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by NwaNimo1(m): 9:31pm On May 20, 2021
[img]https://media1./images/5915db4452fd7955e5962c13439793f1/tenor.gif?itemid=20917963[/img]

This also applies to doing business with partners/lovers/baby mama's/baby fathers/side chicks/side guys etc.....

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Elock1: 9:32pm On May 20, 2021
angry
For 2021 una still dy ontop woman matter?

4. Give her your first fruit, I mean that January salary way u get wen the year still dy start and country really hard.

5.Gift her your February salary as well. You fit take am out for Val dinner as bonus.

6.Then march you can gift her an iPhone or something way above your budget. If you no get money you can borrow (not from me Sha)

7.Then come back and thank nairalanders later wink

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Dialpad: 9:32pm On May 20, 2021
Does not usually end well

2 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Debzempire(f): 9:32pm On May 20, 2021
Dating a co-worker/colleague will almost never work out....I can't try it sef

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by TimmyTen(m): 9:32pm On May 20, 2021
You might know the person well already, and therefore dating might become stagnant or dull. A relationship at work may also risk jealousy since you continuously see the other person talking with other men or women in the office. Also, you risk losing your job cos not all working environments are romance-friendly

MODIFIED: See finish go cross leg de watch you

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by EaglesT(m): 9:32pm On May 20, 2021
Hmm
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by abobote: 9:32pm On May 20, 2021
No pros at all, dating co-worker wey mek me get by force baby mama, when the lady refused to abort, na so I resigned from the work leaving the country from the border. Though looking back no much regret now, as it forced me to leave the country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Nwakannaya1: 9:32pm On May 20, 2021
I see no pros...
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Tyranny: 9:32pm On May 20, 2021
Who dates a coworker, when we've got alotta fat a$s chicks out there?

btw, anybody else hungry?

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by 99thEnemy(m): 9:33pm On May 20, 2021
Office sex is inevitable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by 900warriorz: 9:33pm On May 20, 2021
Thanks for the info...but we already know the Pros and Cons of dating a colleague cheesy

What of me that kuku married my colleague?
cheesy grin

9 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Koryc: 9:33pm On May 20, 2021
Lol risky venture
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Mojilayo4890: 9:33pm On May 20, 2021
[For 2021 una still dy ontop woman matter?

2 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by blinking001(m): 9:33pm On May 20, 2021
It never ends well.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Lovexme(m): 9:33pm On May 20, 2021
Everyone wants to be all up in your business when they see an attraction between you and that co-worker.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Shellsploit: 9:34pm On May 20, 2021
Pros: free headjob and prone bone lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by MansoryMX(m): 9:34pm On May 20, 2021
I am here to read comments. Please keep your comments short and simple. Don’t waste my time angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by samtee37(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2021
Omoh
E dey sweet ooooo..

I for gist una about one, but, I dey busy now
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by justbonny(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2021
I never tried it
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Goldbw122(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2021
Learning
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Articul8(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2021
E dey sweet. The stolen bread is the sweetest.
Just make it secret

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Yommychrz(m): 9:36pm On May 20, 2021
E go end in premium tears

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by kenzysmith: 9:36pm On May 20, 2021
Dating a coworker is fun it save u from spending money anygoeto impress she knows your salary and she go understand wella, when I be porter for hotel as the time reach one for night na me and the waitress dey bath together they Bleep am steady as she dey hold the bathroom window I dey give am steady doggy grin can u believed the girl hasn't even seen my place once na for work we take dey meet. She tell me say she get fiancee and they wan do introduction soon. The day de. Sack me na that day she see me last and na that dey I saw her last . LOVETH tanks for making me save properly

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 20, 2021
One of my male colleagues have been stylishly proposing to me. I will pay no heed to such cause I know it will end in premium unadulterated tears.

4 Likes

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by Wiki9ja: 9:40pm On May 20, 2021
You can also check my signature if you want.
Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by tnerro1(m): 9:41pm On May 20, 2021
Shey we can fvck them sha?

1 Like

Re: The Pros And Cons Of Dating A Coworker by wunmi590(m): 9:42pm On May 20, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Almost Lost My Job Because Of Orijin Drink. / Why Women Love Doctors / Uber, Bolt Drivers Begin Strike In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.