Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:39 AM

Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? (10142 Views)

Campus Politics: How To Win An Election In Campus Without Spending Much Money / Campus Politics: Between Serving, Fight For Rights And Self-enrichment / The New OAU Students' Union Bus Bought At N3m. Hit or Miss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by mikolo80: 3:22pm On May 24, 2016
laprince:

A course mate once missed his FINAL YEAR exams cos of death threats.

don't allow politics, cultism or any of such get along your way in academic pursuit.
so if they threaten you and say you should bring your wife or your yansh come you will avoid conflict ba. that's how slavery starts. Acquiescence.
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by mikolo80: 3:26pm On May 24, 2016
Kenturkey048:
you are very right,,my own schoool,mostly my departmental election serv as a battle ground for two groups every year.
welcome to life
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by UdBerg(m): 3:35pm On May 24, 2016
A big hit for me. Play your cards well and it works well for you. Am actually contesting next session for SUG Sec Gen. It's good to participate in school politics, you learn a lot from it. #TeamUniBen2017/2018 session.
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by mikolo80: 4:00pm On May 24, 2016
Olusharp:
....OP just dey write oyinbo version of campus politics...go to some schools and you will never go near campus politics,it is usually a do or die affairs,they begin to pursue one another with cutlass and other weapons and you start wondering "is there more to it?"
so if somebody needs your job ,wife or kids or even your yansh more than you and comes with cutlass you will run away again ba. cowardice is why good men are misruled by bad men
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by Olusharp(m): 4:15pm On May 24, 2016
mikolo80:
so if somebody needs your job ,wife or kids or even your yansh more than you and comes with cutlass you will run away again ba. cowardice doesn't pay in long run
why will you need my kids more than me? "it is the coward man that show the grave of the brave man"
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by mikolo80: 4:22pm On May 24, 2016
Olusharp:
why will you need my kids more than me? "it is the coward man that show the grave of the brave man"
kidnappers, paedophiles, ritualists,armed robbers, freedom fighters. the brave man lived while the coward just exists. in the end we are all dead men walking,..... except your name is Enoch or rapture carry you
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by Olusharp(m): 4:43pm On May 24, 2016
mikolo80:
kidnappers, paedophiles, ritualists,armed robbers, freedom fighters. the brave man lived while the coward just exists. in the end we are all dead men walking,..... except your name is Enoch or rapture carry you
op all these you listed are useless and doesn't in anyway tally with the topic at hand...Campus Politics is a no no in some school..do schs abroad contest with dangerous weapons to win,if you are saying it is normal then it is bad what is the essence of going to Sch when in the end you still act like a rogue to win an SUG election if it is now presidential election nkan? you will bomb the country?
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by laprince(m): 5:28pm On May 24, 2016
mikolo80:
so if they threaten you and say you should bring your wife or your yansh come you will avoid conflict ba. that's how slavery starts. Acquiescence.

I understand you bro. But, I don't think its that serious. School politics is not Federal government politics oo

Besides, our politicians quickly keep their wards outside Nigeria before they ever vie for a political position.
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by mikolo80: 6:01pm On May 24, 2016
laprince:

I understand you bro. But, I don't think its that serious. School politics is not Federal government politics oo

Besides, our politicians quickly keep their wards outside Nigeria before they ever vie for a political position.
see my dear brother that's where complacency starts.those who cannot be bothered with ''small '' politics cannot be bothered with ''big '' politics. habits follow one through life.it's not compulsory o especially if you didn't know cos you are more interested In having fun or focusing on only cgpa that's how you will not partake In landlord or Resident association or local govt and how you will focus on career, family, fun.same difference Brah. 4 was never interested In politics until I just breezed by school politics then it all clicked. school is a microcosm of life. it's not compulsory but no complaint if you don't participate.bfor nko, you ma self will relocate your chudrens bfor engaging In battle for their future. they will need a society to grow in, roads, water, security from hungry poor kidnappers, power, justice, healthcare etc. these things have to be built up and otherwise our kids will continue to face racism from white man. and slave for them
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by mikolo80: 6:51pm On May 24, 2016
Olusharp:
op all these you listed are useless and doesn't in anyway tally with the topic at hand...Campus Politics is a no no in some school..do schs abroad contest with dangerous weapons to win,if you are saying it is normal then it is bad what is the essence of going to Sch when in the end you still act like a rogue to win an SUG election if it is now presidential election nkan? you will bomb the country?
I might not be very articulate but school politics is microcosm of society at large.
if you cannot face killers to prevent exploitation as a youth with few responsibilities is it when they have police thugs army and sss that you will form courageous.
a coward will always remain a coward.
if armed robbers come you will still beg instead of fighting back and they will make you their biatch.
it is a no no because you allowed VC to cow you to submission.
imagine if govt said no more election and we are looking like mumu.ask them In Zimbabwe, Congo etc
thank goodness some ppl pushed military out if not na gowon for still be our President if left to ppl like you.
there is no desperate poverty abroad if not you for sabi say all humans are just as animalistic as the next.
watch Donald Trump campaign and see ppl fighting at rallies. don't be deceived by Hollywood and all those perfect setup. this place is a jungle just like Nigeria. terrible incompetent politicians, useless media and corrupt judiciary.if you are a true leader then you don't need to be a rogue to win elections cos you will have true popularity and voters will stand and bear you witness. but if you would rather the bad guys win and impose taxes anyhow on your hard earned money then be my guest, wait by the sidelines while they maga you.we make 7 thousand dollars In my household and yet still buy food with credit and cannot afford to do anything worthwhile (buy house, invest, save,vacation) .I used to laugh at people bfor I came to this country now my eye don clear.
believe me participation In politics at all levels is very important. why do you think ppl are willing to kill for it
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by Olusharp(m): 8:03pm On May 24, 2016
mikolo80:
I might not be very articulate but school politics is microcosm of society at large.
if you cannot face killers to prevent exploitation as a youth with few responsibilities is it when they have police thugs army and sss that you will form courageous.
a coward will always remain a coward.
if armed robbers come you will still beg instead of fighting back and they will make you their biatch.
it is a no no because you allowed VC to cow you to submission.
imagine if govt said no more election and we are looking like mumu.ask them In Zimbabwe, Congo etc
thank goodness some ppl pushed military out if not na gowon for still be our President if left to ppl like you.
there is no desperate poverty abroad if not you for sabi say all humans are just as animalistic as the next.
watch Donald Trump campaign and see ppl fighting at rallies. don't be deceived by Hollywood and all those perfect setup. this place is a jungle just like Nigeria. terrible incompetent politicians, useless media and corrupt judiciary.if you are a true leader then you don't need to be a rogue to win elections cos you will have true popularity and voters will stand and bear you witness. but if you would rather the bad guys win and impose taxes anyhow on your hard earned money then be my guest, wait by the sidelines while they maga you.we make 7 thousand dollars In my household and yet still buy food with credit and cannot afford to do anything worthwhile (buy house, invest, save,vacation) .I used to laugh at people bfor I came to this country now my eye don clear.
believe me participation In politics at all levels is very important. why do you think ppl are willing to kill for it
brother i will rather be a David Trump and let people injure each other for my sake..it's likes you encouraging hooligalism and thugery and saying those who engage in it during electioneering are doing the right thing..
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 24, 2016
for me is a very big hit

this is a big start up for political ambition and leadership capacity building, it gives you age for some certain things, you learn how to carry yourself maintain integrity.
Proud one time this one time that director of social SEEES Fed. Poly Nekede one time this one time co-odinator National union of Electrical/Engineering students stil one time Sec. Gen National union of Imo state students comr. Barr. Madumere chukwu F.
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by mikolo80: 1:41pm On May 25, 2016
Olusharp:
brother i will rather be a David Trump and let people injure each other for my sake..it's likes you encouraging hooligalism and thugery and saying those who engage in it during electioneering are doing the right thing..
anywhere there is scarcity there will be was. it is nature. no amount of civilisation can change it. tis the nature of the beast
Re: Campus Politics, Hit Or Miss? by graphiti: 10:00pm On Jun 22, 2016
Kindly edit your profile pic. "scholarship", not "scholaship".

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zenith Bank Donates State-of-the Art Ict Centre To LASU (Pictures) / 2015/2016 Post-utme - Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana / OSPOLY Iree Expels 14 Student Leaders For Protesting (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.