Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. (61028 Views)

₦467.4Billion, A City On The Ocean, World's Largest Cruise Ship(Photos) / Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night / I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Ralphdan(m): 6:47am On May 25, 2016
wizzakosh:
are you sure. Am waiting for the day igbo or hausa man will become the governor of lagos state or represent us in house of representative. Stop drinking tha weed. We YORUBAS own our lagos. U ppl ar just shouting in vain. You for say america is no man's land now.

But also this is the list of H of R members lagos state.
Lagos State
Hon. Diya Oyewole Babafemi -- Shomolu -- APC
Hon. Olufemi Bandele Adebanjo -- Alimosho -- APC
Hon. Ayodeji Adebayo Joseph -- Apapa -- APC
Hon. Abayomi Dauda Kako Are -- Mushin I ACCORD
Hon. Bolaji Yusuf Ayinla -- Mushin II -- APC
Hon. Akinloye Babajide Hazeez -- Eti-Osa -- APC
Hon. Bamgbose Joseph H -- Badagry -- APC
Hon. (Otunba) A A Abdulkabir -- Ibeju-Lekki -- APC
Hon. Oghene Emma Egoh -- Amuwo-Odofin -- PDP
Hon. Enitan Dolapo Bau -- Lagos Island I -- APC
Hon. Jimoh Abdulraheem Olajide -- Lagos Mainland -- APC
Hon. Olufemi Gbajabiamila -- Surulere I -- APC
Hon. Olatunji Soyinka -- Surulere II -- PDP
Hon. Balogun Yakub Abiodun -- Lagos Island II -- APC
Hon. Shadimu Mutiu A -- Oshodi/Isolo I -- PDP
Hon. Nwulu Tony Chinedu -- Oshodi/Isolo II -- PDP
Hon. Barr (Mrs) Rita Orji -- Ajeromi/Ifelodun I -- PDP
Hon. James Abiodun Faleke -- Ikeja -- APC
Hon. Babajinmi Adegoke Benson -- Ikorodu -- APC
Hon. Elijah Oluwatayo Adewale -- Ifako-Ijaiye -- APC
Hon. Adaranijo Taofeek Abiodun -- Agege -- APC
Hon. Agunsoye Oluwarotimi Ojo -- Kosofe -- APC
Hon. Obasa Tajudeen -- Ojo -- PDP
Hon. Tasir Olawale Raji -- Epe -- APC
Check out how many iboz re there.
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Nobody: 7:00am On May 25, 2016
I stay in VI and probably have First Class information about Lagos. What op posted is false! Obalande is a slum! Smelly with bad roads especially the roundabout. The smell that oozes out when you going down to yaba from third Mainland bridge is deadly. Lekki is flooded, peoe don't be deceived.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by loomer: 7:25am On May 25, 2016
RichDad1:
My fellow yEastern blodas come and see real development ooo shocked shocked

Chineke meee
Chukwu abiama don bless lagos beyond comparisons ooo chai!!
Why are we not bless with leaders like those in lagos?
Maka why? Chineke why?
I need to port to lagos sharpely.
Nna men, when Next Nonso comes back to the village, I mus to follow him to lagos.
Too much delay here odiwka dangerous ooo. cry cry

Kai see beautiful skyline? cry

Bros, why una like to dey bring tribalism into every single thing on NL, yet una dey ask for one Nigeria.

Make we try love each other I beg.
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by emerged01(m): 7:43am On May 25, 2016
Almakura:
I stay in VI and probably have First Class information about Lagos. What op posted is false! Obalande is a slum! Smelly with bad roads especially the roundabout. The smell that oozes out when you going down to yaba from third Mainland bridge is deadly. Lekki is flooded, peoe don't be deceived.

What is false about what the op posted? Which roundabout are you talking about? Beside BRT bus stop? Obalende is a slum? Do you expect govt to destroy people's properties? And if they do,you people start crying foul. I know you stay in slum area or maybe you are part of the people that lives in abandoned buildings in VI. You can't be living good in VI and say Op is wrong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Nature8(m): 7:48am On May 25, 2016
Rizmo:
OP, is it the same Lagos I am staying in or the Lagos in New York?
Even a place like Oshodi looks dapper in your pictures.
Na dis kain hyper-deceiving camera dey make boys dodge some girls wey dem toast online.
My dear Non-Lagosians, do not be deceived by these "camera-make-believe" pictures ooooh.
Lagos no fine reach as this camera dey portray oo.

Lol..
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Nobody: 7:49am On May 25, 2016
Godvilla:
Funny enough, those lights u see are powered by generators, not PHCN. undecided

Its been like that for donkey years
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Heavance(m): 7:51am On May 25, 2016
Lagos remains what our colonial masters wanted it to be, and still not what they would have made it, had they stayed longer.
Most of the pictures there were made beautiful by generators, pictures 1,2,3 are very questionable. Abeg, stop hyping Lagos, Abuja better the beauty. Moreover, it is not close to any of the developed countries at all.
Light up Lagos should not be replaced with street lights, why do we behave like uneducated people sef?
Lastly, Lagos cannot be Lagos, without all the national representatives that resides there, as it is the only state where one will people from all states.
so, light up Lagos never reach, light no still dey o, all those things na street lights, but its still very good for the state.
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Heavance(m): 7:57am On May 25, 2016
Lagos remains what our colonial masters wanted it to be, and still not what they would have made it, had they stayed longer.
Most of the pictures there were made beautiful by generators, pictures 1,2,3 are very questionable. Abeg, stop hyping Lagos, Abuja better the beauty. Moreover, it is not close to any of the developed countries at all.
Light up Lagos should not be replaced with street lights, why do we behave like uneducated people sef?
Those pictures only captured island mainly, why Una no dey gree snap ajegunle wey Dem Daddy showkey, baba Fryo and co, don over take tell us about Lagos? Akowonjo, shomolu, oworo, ketu, agric, itire...... abeg, stop hyping jare, we all know things had been changing since Tinubu era, not Fashola.
Lastly, Lagos cannot be Lagos, without all the national representatives that resides there, as it is the only state where one will people from all states.
so, light up Lagos never reach, light no still dey o, all those things na street lights, but its still very good for the state.
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by KelsAltair(m): 8:10am On May 25, 2016
jordinsparkles:
Bros abeg.. From where u take snap all dis pics? Shey nah helicopter u stay snap am?

Or drones
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by purpleblood: 8:11am On May 25, 2016
Almakura:
Their backwardness would not allow them to see that the pictures are not real. If there is light, I would have designed 3D images of Onitsha, Awka, Enugu, Asaba, Aba, Owerri etc. Trust me, this OP is still a learner in graphics design.
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by bukynkwuenu: 8:13am On May 25, 2016
wunmi2odun:
This is what you get when there's no tomato to sauce your food and no fuel to find it else where.....citizens starve and write rubbish due to no food...Buhari caused it tho grin grin grin

your face looks scary....datz wat u get wen buhari bans cream...n some ugly n poor boys come online quoting me
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by JohnQueen(m): 9:02am On May 25, 2016
Lived in Lagos almost all my life.... But there's a new city giving Lagos a run. Wait till you see Uyo!
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by bayulll011(m): 9:25am On May 25, 2016
Godvilla:
Funny enough, those lights u see are powered by generators, not PHCN. undecided

thats where i fault the governor,he should av used wind or better use gas plant,more money to mikano for servicing all those generators Africa na wa for us
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by bayulll011(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2016
Princedapace:

I tire for their matter o..
I don't know why they are always hyping the state. A state that was developed by British govt and enjoys mono poly of business friendliness in Nigeria due to many rights accorded to it. Can these Yoruba people allow some body hear word?
The govt of the land should decongest Lagos sharp sharp abeg. Build sea ports and standard airports in other states...or regions and see them attract investments.. I'm tired of all these hyping...these things aren't done in other countries with sane humans....this is why this country is backward

even if they build sky scrapper in all other states,build ports,lagos will continue to thrive and develope and some of you will still choose to stay here,go and read your history lagos was already in existence before nigeria or before the people from the rising sun came,it is our pride,our heritage we welcome you all to live,mingle and own properties,but never forget you are a visitos and we the host dictate the tunes
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by prico32(m): 9:57am On May 25, 2016
makizee:
I took one of these pics myself....guess which one.. tongue

Iyana ipaja pic
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by alabiyemmy(m): 11:22am On May 25, 2016
Show us the mother forking slums of Lagos brother.
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:25pm On May 25, 2016
bukynkwuenu:
.lag lukz cool duo...

bt y show us night pix...we want broad day pix...jacob marry leah 4 night n e fine 4 him eye...n i buy shoe 4 boutique light n e fine for my eye....bt as i cum 4 daylight reality set in....so daylight pix of lagos pls

Abeg show us your state picture for night...let's see night pics of your city first then we can start talking about daylight pics. It shouldn't be hard to appreciate good things when you see one, don't be programmed to look for faults...it is not good for your health.

1 Like

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:32pm On May 25, 2016
Almakura:

When CNN want to show you photos of Washington DC they don't show you slum...they show you beautiful photos of Washington DC. That is what is called packaging, so that tomorrow people like you will queue up at their embassy begging for visa. We Africans don't understand the power of packaging...no wonder most white kids in America and Europe still believe Africans live on trees like monkeys.

1 Like

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:36pm On May 25, 2016
makizee:
Lagos is indeed a city-state on the rise, Lagos is looking beyond being a standard for Nigeria or even Africa but to become a truly world class city in every sense of that phrase, one thing that sets cities apart is what their night life is, Night Life looks better with public lights which is why world class cities glimmer even from Space, Light Lagos Project initiated by Former Governor Fashola and continued by The Ambode Administration is really putting Lagos in a positive light (Pun very much intended)

Here are some Lagos night pictures to enjoy.

Op. Abeg change the topic to "Pictures of Lagos CNN will not want you to see"

1 Like

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Princedapace(m): 1:35pm On May 25, 2016
bayulll011:

even if they build sky scrapper in all other states,build ports,lagos will continue to thrive and develope and some of you will still choose to stay here,go and read your history lagos was already in existence before nigeria or before the people from the rising sun came,it is our pride,our heritage we welcome you all to live,mingle and own properties,but never forget you are a visitos and we the host dictate the tunes

Lolz

U are quite local...I don't think u av travelled out of Lagos not to talk of out of Nigeria...

Forget all these bragging things.. No one is dragging that wit Lagos abeg. Lagos even fine pass New York city and Cape Town sef!

U can even dictate how visitors urinate. Lolz.. Insecurity of u guys eh...e no get match! Hey wake up to modern world...stop this bragging thing about Lagos..Nigeria is a failed state...comparing Lagos to other states in Nigeria only shows how naive and backward one is...

Enuf of all these trash jaree...I no even blame u sef.. I blame people that have time to do all these comparing of a thing.
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by bayulll011(m): 2:48pm On May 25, 2016
Princedapace:

Lolz

U are quite local...I don't think u av travelled out of Lagos not to talk of out of Nigeria...

Forget all these bragging things.. No one is dragging that wit Lagos abeg. Lagos even fine pass New York city and Cape Town sef!

U can even dictate how visitors urinate. Lolz.. Insecurity of u guys eh...e no get match! Hey wake up to modern world...stop this bragging thing about Lagos..Nigeria is a failed state...comparing Lagos to other states in Nigeria only shows how naive and backward one is...

Enuf of all these trash jaree...I no even blame u sef.. I blame people that have time to do all these comparing of a thing.

how old re u man,u are not sensible,one u complain lagos is shiit,another u say av not travelled out of lagos,another u say we just hype lagos,is it not obvious that u are dieing from hate and jealousy,yeah av travelled out of lag not out of nigeria which i will do so soon,anybody that stay outside of lagos will agree that other places are mere dulling and backward zone even the so called abuja,av u ever wonder why ur people prefare to die here than go to porthharcourt or aba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by bukynkwuenu: 5:48pm On May 25, 2016
KingOfAmebo:

Abeg show us your state picture for night...let's see night pics of your city first then we can start talking about daylight pics. It shouldn't be hard to appreciate good things when you see one, don't be programmed to look for faults...it is not good for your health.

bia amebo pls go get a life....a day after that comment...n u still quoting...smh
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by wunmi2odun(m): 6:29pm On May 25, 2016
bukynkwuenu:

your face looks scary....datz wat u get wen buhari bans cream...n some ugly n poor boys come online quoting me
And then you blame Buhari again for lack of money for you not to be able to subscribe some senses. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Princedapace(m): 7:07pm On May 25, 2016
bayulll011:

how old re u man,u are not sensible,one u complain lagos is shiit,another u say av not travelled out of lagos,another u say we just hype lagos,is it not obvious that u are dieing from hate and jealousy,yeah av travelled out of lag not out of nigeria which i will do so soon,anybody that stay outside of lagos will agree that other places are mere dulling and backward zone even the so called abuja,av u ever wonder why ur people prefare to die here than go to porthharcourt or aba

Well..u can talk as u like. I'm not arguing wit u bro. Lagos is very beautiful. Pls...rest the case. Lagos this , Lagos that...we are tired..it is now a cliche..why u carry Lagos matter like this na? Oh...u think yorubas don't die in other places eh?
Lolz...even in agbor...we have Yoruba community...living, marrying and dying there...there are many yorubas in PH, Aba, Enugu etc. Lagos is obviously the most developed state in Nigeria. Pls..I'm not arguing that. What we are saying is..stop castigating and insulting other regions...not becus they migrate to your state..u should be castigating them. And be modernize enuf to know that Lagos is what it is today becus of the advantage it has decades ago. Read my words. Lagos is the most developed place okay.
No one is hating on Lagos...u guys are over talking and over stressing on this issue.
Can we stop this please?
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by bukynkwuenu: 7:38pm On May 25, 2016
wunmi2odun:
And then you blame Buhari again for lack of money for you not to be able to subscribe some senses. cheesy cheesy cheesy

yoruba ape
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by wunmi2odun(m): 11:06pm On May 25, 2016
bukynkwuenu:

yoruba ape
Ignored with swag tongue
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by makizee(m): 9:53pm On May 26, 2016
purpleblood:

Their backwardness would not allow them to see that the pictures are not real. If there is light, I would have designed 3D images of Onitsha, Awka, Enugu, Asaba, Aba, Owerri etc. Trust me, this OP is still a learner in graphics design.

Boy, I do not understand how beef, jealousy or whatever issue you have with these pictures would make you see them as 3D images bro, sure some effects were added but to say they are computer generated ! U need glasses bro and something strong to purge you of bn a cynic
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by makizee(m): 10:02pm On May 26, 2016
alabiyemmy:
Show us the mother forking slums of Lagos brother.

I'm sure there is some thread on nairaland showing the slums you so much desire, i'm also sure you saw the title of this thread before clicking on it.
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by Henrydone: 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
Beautiful!!
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by MartinsBlog: 12:35am On Nov 17, 2016
Re: Lagos At Night..captivating pictures of a city on the rise. by timilehin95(m): 3:26pm On Feb 10, 2017
Rizmo:
OP, is it the same Lagos I am staying in or the Lagos in New York?
Even a place like Oshodi looks dapper in your pictures.
Na dis kain hyper-deceiving camera dey make boys dodge some girls wey dem toast online.
My dear Non-Lagosians, do not be deceived by these "camera-make-believe" pictures ooooh.
Lagos no fine reach as this camera dey portray oo.

Ajegunle folk sighted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abuja Aircraft Crash: Names Of The Seven Personnel Released By Nigerian Air Forc / What I Saw On The Street Of Port Harcourt / Evolution Of The Beautiful City Of Dubai In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.