Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,043 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? (8804 Views)

Poll: Should He Accept This Job Offer In Kano?

Yes: 71% (30 votes)
No: 28% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? / 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer / Current Job Offer In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by chidyke77(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2009
I wl suggest u go since its 4 job bt if ur going there to start biz,i wl say dnt go.
U see,u cn loose everytin u've made for years in a few minutes if ur a biz man in north. I hav a friend dat lost 4 shops and other properties in last jos crisis,nw he's a bus driver. He managed 2 use d little he had on bank to purchase d vehicle.
So wat am saying is dat since ur going for a job, just accept it and dnt invest on properties there.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 21, 2009
More -

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 21, 2009
MORE -

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2009
mORE -

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by badboym: 6:04pm On Aug 21, 2009
Have been to all part of Nigeria and I can categorically tell you Kano is the best.I am planning to finally relocate there
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by tytylayor: 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2009
@pictures, i beliv dats d VI of Kano, show us d Ajegunle, Oshodi, Bariga, Eko-idumota of Kano too
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Tripod3(m): 6:27pm On Aug 21, 2009
The problem with the north is the very, very high level of insecurity and violence that spreads like wild fire when religious crisis start. It has spared no part. Boko Haram needs no mention but remember Miss world, R.Bonke & other ethno-religious crisis. undecided undecided Life is a risk anyway, It bores down on you to make the decision having carefully weighed other favorable factors.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 21, 2009
@tytylayor
Check the aerial view of Kano in my prevous posts, you will see the Ajegunle sides and the City proper. But how many Telecoms guys do you know staying in Ajegunle? I hear a brand new flat in kano 'VI' costs less than 400k cool

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2009
More

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2009
More

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2009
More

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 21, 2009
More

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2009
More

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by darqly(m): 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2009
Tell your friend to go with an open mind, he can adjust! I served in Kano, though it was in a village school, I came out better off than most of my peers that hustled for city postings.
As stated, just beware of where you reside. Your office will definately not be in a slum area, so you're covered there as well.
My fiancee is relocating to Kano as well, co-incidentally, to take up a telecoms appointment, but she's not fazed though she's from South-south.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by MUZBO(m): 7:43pm On Aug 21, 2009
Seun:

Yeah, but do you have any post-Boko-Haram pictures of Kano?
Yes, I do but. . . but. . .th. . the SSS guys seized them. They mentioned something about tourism but I didn't care, I just bolted like Usain Bolt!
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Outstrip(f): 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2009
You cannot even pay me at this point to live anywhere in the north. The fact that there are white people there even proves my point. You know they have to get their adrenaline flowing so they can have an excuse to shout whoo hoo. You will not see them back packing through uselu, Benin city. Boko Haram is too fresh on my mind. 800 people dead in a few weeks and yet people should be expected to fill safe. That's whole freaking village.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by adaku123(f): 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2009
U Know the Notherners Get Annoyed Very Easily!!! Am Even Talking About Educated Ones !! You Ve Got To Be Careful If You Go And Live In Kano!!! Because At The Slighest Thing They Start Burning DOwn Things And Killing Foreigners [Meaning People From The South] And Obviously If You Are A Christian Dat is Double Trouble For You!! They Know How To Ruin People In Dat Part Of The Country!!

I Personally Have A Family Friend Who Is Igbo, Christian And Was Comfortably Rich!! When The Jos Riot Started They Burnt His Properties Down! Now He Just Manages To Feed His Children And His Kid Schooling In Manchester Had To Come Back To Unilag!! cry cry

So If You Wanna Work There For Awhile Be Cautious At All Times And At The First Sign Of Trouble Just Take Call An Okada Tell Him You Would Pay Him Anything Let Him Just Start Going To The South Fast Fast!!! grin grin
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by hooged: 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2009
@all, i've nt even read anything abt kano babes may be the poster is a womaniser type,
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by aaidel(m): 11:01pm On Aug 21, 2009
Na dis kind attitude dey pull nigeria back most of the people here are just yapping they've never been anywhere near the north but are mouthing nonsense when there was crisis in idi araba and other parts of lagos it didnt stop hausa people from taking jobs in the south and with all the kidnappings in the south south there is still a robust hausa community there and they didnt leave even after the militants declared the northeners are their enemies fact is kano like lagos is prone to ethnic violence but generally kano is safer than lagos
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by OvieE: 11:36pm On Aug 21, 2009
aaidel:

Na dis kind attitude dey pull nigeria back most of the people here are just yapping they've never been anywhere near the north but are mouthing nonsense when there was crisis in idi araba and other parts of lagos it didnt stop hausa people from taking jobs in the south and with all the kidnappings in the south south there is still a robust hausa community there and they didnt leave even after the militants declared the northeners are their enemies fact is kano like lagos is prone to ethnic violence but generally kano is safer than lagos

hhhh
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by omobaba101(m): 11:50pm On Aug 21, 2009
Your friend should just come down to Kano. I was not in Kano, I have been in Kano for twelve years now, and I can tell you that it is a god place to live. If there is anyway I could help when he comes in, I won't hesitate. Reach me on precmage@yahoo.com if you think he would need anything. Only, he might need to raise the budget on accommodation now
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by agabaI23(m): 12:19am On Aug 22, 2009
If there is no uprising, Kano is s nice place to live in. Just make sure you live within Sabon Gari.

The only problem will be if your office is located away from sabon gari.

Be careful on Fridays because the riots start from the mosques. I served in Kano and nothing happened within that year but the following year there was a bloodshed.

Good luck!
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by spoilt(f): 1:38am On Aug 22, 2009
Its all fine and dandy till the fanatics start getting restless.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by OvieE: 2:29am On Aug 22, 2009
aaidel:

You are silly. When was the last time you have hear that the southners attacked the northners that based in the south states. North is the worst part of the country I can never live. If a little thing happen, all those useless northners muslims take it upon innocents southners that relocated to the north and the christians. Yet they will come out says islam is a peaceful religion my foot. Northners are the reason Nigeria is backward today. What ever is going with the militants in the south, I will support them because all the oil wealth suppose to stay in the instead all those big fat belly from the north transfer the money that met for the south states into their bank. I will support anything stating that Nigeria should divid, I said it.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by darqly(m): 4:49am On Aug 22, 2009
@Ovie,next time preview de trash u write before u post.U're so beclouded u don't even make sense.Is it not ur agemates that are militants in nigdelta and u're here claiming support for brigandage.There's a bigger view outside Lagos so open ur mind and stop making daft remarks.U support anything that will divide Nigeria-Oya carry scissors now.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by aaidel(m): 5:16am On Aug 22, 2009
@ovie its idiots like you that only know how to make noise without any constructive criticism or input that are pulling nigeria down oya since you like the militants so much go and join them now abi u no know where dem dey? in fact i recomend your internet be disconected so that we can localise the spread of your stupidity before the world thinks all nigerians are as daft as you
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by cash2coldiz: 7:34am On Aug 22, 2009
Kano is ok, but pray to God for safety and use ur head, join the wealth train, http://www.eurowideinvest.com?ref=4683
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by dexmond: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2009
Has the city ever witnessed religous riot? If yes, there is the probability of a historical rewind. If no, been situated in the north where there is a conspiracy to shariarize everyone, there exist a probability of religous disturbance.

If you have hearth, you can go.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by aaidel(m): 11:44am On Aug 22, 2009
op
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Utaroz(m): 9:15pm On Aug 22, 2009
badboym:

Have been to all part of Nigeria and I can categorically tell you Kano is the best.I am planning to finally relocate there

lipsrsealed ?!!!
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Eagle1(m): 8:42am On Aug 24, 2009
@marissa,
How come there are no pix of al-majiris, the dreaded foot soldiers of religious riots? How about the Ba-shiga houses?

A non-northerner should be prepared for the culture shock. Nothern cities are largely land mass centre-beautified by the colonialists. The people are still steeped in primitiveness and unnerving.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by elchux: 12:07pm On Aug 24, 2009
abeg where are the people who gave kano the highest population. i can only see empty streets. can you image any street in lagos appering so scanty (as per people) na whao .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army 73 Regular Recruit Intake For 2015 / N-power: Fayose promises N1m reward, automatic employment / Christmas Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.