Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? (8803 Views)

Poll: Should He Accept This Job Offer In Kano?

Yes: 71% (30 votes)
No: 28% (12 votes)
This poll has ended

NBC Offer And Access Bank Offer, Which One Should I Go For Please? / 3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer / Current Job Offer In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by dererca: 1:00pm On Aug 24, 2009
kano is not that bad and moreover it is God who protects all atleat i know that if God does not protect a house ,the watchman watches in vain.that applies to human beings. on another note pls which telecom company cos i am expecting a call to resume also in kano.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by gbubs: 1:15pm On Aug 24, 2009
Its true that beauty is really in the eye of the beholder, apart from the fact that those pictures were taken with high def camera, it pictured only the beautiful places in Kano, However I would not advice a non Muslim to stay there, I was in Kano for 8months, I enjoyed my stay, except for the constant blackout (Power) and fear of Christian-haters maiming me at any time because I stand at my balcony with my shorts and get very nasty looks, and if u wear their gown, they will call u a hypocrite. I resided beside a mosque and lived in constant fear, when I got transferred out of Kano I was liberated, but with this Boko-Haram issue, I fear for your friend o! There is a level of decay in every state in Nigeria, Kano has more of it, don't be fooled by those pictures, however if the offer for the job is very attractive, then let your friend take it, Its good to gamble sometimes, He may enjoy the place tho.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 24, 2009
Hope y'all had a nice weekend

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2009
Lounging

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 24, 2009
fresh produce

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2009
almajiri's getting their early morning akara

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 24, 2009
Hawkers of fresh groundnut oil going house to house

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 24, 2009
Queuing up for immunization

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 24, 2009
almajiri's at an NGO programme

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 24, 2009
almajiri's at an NGO programme

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2009
Old City gate

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 24, 2009
Kids

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 24, 2009
Old Palace Guard

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 24, 2009
Kurmi Market

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 24, 2009
LEA Class photo taken outside class

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 24, 2009
Kano Pillars Football Club

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by yemilois(f): 2:31pm On Aug 24, 2009
my dear kano is safe. you can hang out. there are a lot of lagosians here. you can really have a good time. accomodation i cant be specific but if the offer you got is good be sure you can get a place of your taste. feel free. its is very safe. am from ph now in kano for my service. it is safe
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 24, 2009
Sorry, this is the Kano Pillars FC picture.

Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 24, 2009
Men!!  Kano is highly volatile. One minute the streets are peaceful in that laid-back, dusty atmosphere of the north, the next minute someone is being slaughtered like a ram in full view of the public & all these fundamentalists running riot with blood all over their hand & clothes.

Tell ur friend to stay away unless the offer is so juicy its hard to resist. And if he goes he should stick as much as possible to the Sabongari areas where southerners/northern christians stay.

Try not to make himself conspicuous or anything, if he goes & secures accommodation in the midst of the core Hausa Muslims, that's as good as committing suicide. When they start their civil unrest they will just slaughter him like an animal. Just drum that into his ears.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by yemilois(f): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2009
ziddddddddy pllllllls stop telling the truth that you are only told but are nothing but lies. av been in kano since nov. last year so i tell you that what you say is a big big big lie. if you come to kano you have places to relax all over in sabon gari, places to live, people are not slaughtered in kano to the full glare of people, pls stop the rubbish pls, i beg you. people like you spread more rumour than nigerian press which neither know the truth nor saw the scenes pls stop it. afterall niger delta has been volatile and people are dying to go there and work so whats the difference.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 24, 2009
Thanks Seun, didnt realize I had email addresses on that post
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by OvieE: 3:11pm On Aug 24, 2009
yemilois:

ziddddddddy pllllllls stop telling the truth that you are only told but are nothing but lies. av been in kano since nov. last year so i tell you that what you say is a big big big lie. if you come to kano you have places to relax all over in sabon gari, places to live, people are not slaughtered in kano to the full glare of people, pls stop the rubbish pls, i beg you. people like you spread more rumour than nigerian press which neither know the truth nor saw the scenes pls stop it. afterall niger delta has been volatile and people are dying to go there and work so whats the difference.

At least Niger Delta is better the north. You do not see southners attact the northers that resident in the south. North do not provide any resource to nation economy yet they steal all the resouces that met for the south. Any little thing, the northners starting behaving like crack-heads; killing innocents people from the souths. My advice is that if the job is not worth it, do not take a chance going to the north.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by yemilois(f): 3:24pm On Aug 24, 2009
what is your anger, the oil share they enjoy or that they kill your people. if its the oil share you cant do anything for now so stop tearing yourself apart. if its your people they kill i bet you everything is magnified more than you know. if you have been in kano you know what am saying. if you know the number of strangers in kano you wont say a word, then you begin to wonder if actually they kill them and they refuse to die or that by killing them they multiply. dont let the press decieve you. besides do you know that in kano people are scared of coming to niger delta cos they believe that human beings dont exist there. do you know the kind of pictures we see here, people from niger delta are given maximum respect here cos they believe that militancy resides in their blood. if only you know the reputation of the niger deltans here you will only have a rethink. pls dont attach sentiments pls. let the young man come to kano if he wants but if not let him stay put in lagos no stress. i even need the job too so pls send me the address i cant take over.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Hairat007(f): 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2009
yemilois:

what is your anger, the oil share they enjoy or that they kill your people. if its the oil share you cant do anything for now so stop tearing yourself apart. if its your people they kill i bet you everything is magnified more than you know. if you have been in kano you know what am saying. if you know the number of strangers in kano you wont say a word, then you begin to wonder if actually they kill them and they refuse to die or that by killing them they multiply. dont let the press decieve you. besides do you know that in kano people are scared of coming to niger delta cos they believe that human beings dont exist there. do you know the kind of pictures we see here, people from niger delta are given maximum respect here cos they believe that militancy resides in their blood. if only you know the reputation of the niger deltans here you will only have a rethink. pls dont attach sentiments pls. let the young man come to kano if he wants but if not let him stay put in lagos no stress. i even need the job too so pls send me the address i cant take over.

BABE I FEEL U JARE NO MIND DEM NA WE GET OUR KANO, LET WHO EVER TINK OR SAY EVIL DO WAT DEY

PLEASE. IF U RE SCARED, RUN IF NOT STAY NO YAWA, LOL grin shocked wink smiley smiley
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by galatico(m): 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2009
If it's up to me I will never reside in Kano!!!
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by OvieE: 7:58pm On Aug 24, 2009
galatico:

If it's up to me I will never reside in Kano!

Thank you
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2009
The worst information out there about Nigeria is coming from Nigerians themselves who have never even seen what they are blabbing about even though they live within a few kilometers of it. They can tell you fantastic stories of the American Dream (more like American Dream On grin) they never get to live but they cant even take the trouble to see what's next door before talking it down.

@ all you 'parts of Naija' haters, you're carrying the same green passport, lol! So if you parade 50% of Nigerians as dirty rotten bastards, hey, you've put the same tag on yourself, lol!!, lol!! LOL!!! shocked And they crap way you get treated out there is a direct result of your own bad mouth!! CNN doesn't need to come to Nigeria to report skanky news. - Just call a bunch of 'my left leg is better than my right leg' jokers - No wonder they think we're all punks!!

Whatever, One Love, . . and I still Pledge to Nigeria My Country cool
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by patner: 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2009
nice one bro!
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2009
I've stayed in Kano before, am not just talking from a distance. Seems there's a grand conspiracy to lure as many ignorant Christians to their deaths as possible, hence the Kanawa vehemently deny the reality of ethno-religious intolerance in that ancient city.

I experienced the same attitude of bare-faced denial from the Kano peeps when I was over there. Even while riots were raging around us & people were being murdered in broad daylight, the average Kano person will insist his city is the most hospitable to foreigners in the world.

Even if you wont admit to yourselves that you have a problem, kindly refrain from painting untrue pictures of false security that will lull innocent Christian peeps into throwing away their lives through ignorance of the mores & cultures of their host environment. The core North is inherently unsafe for Christians & non-Muslims. Chikena.
Re: Telecoms Job Offer In Kano- Should I Go? by OvieE: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2009
ziddy:

I've stayed in Kano before, am not just talking from a distance. Seems there's a grand conspiracy to lure as many ignorant Christians to their deaths as possible, hence the Kanawa vehemently deny the reality of ethno-religious intolerance in that ancient city.

I experienced the same attitude of bare-faced denial from the Kano peeps when I was over there. Even while riots were raging around us & people were being murdered in broad daylight, the average Kano person will insist his city is the most hospitable to foreigners in the world.

Even if you wont admit to yourselves that you have a problem, kindly refrain from painting untrue pictures of false security that will lull innocent Christian peeps into throwing away their lives through ignorance of the mores & cultures of their host environment. The core North is inherently unsafe for Christians & non-Muslims. Chikena.
\

Right on bro. please tell them well. Nigeria may be one country but to the north is two different countries.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Army 73 Regular Recruit Intake For 2015 / N-power: Fayose promises N1m reward, automatic employment / Christmas Chicken

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.