Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,694 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester (13792 Views)

Eksu Medical Students Protests On Twitter (screenshots Included) / Sex Scandals Rock Ebonyi State University / Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma Shut Down Over Students' Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by fullz: 7:13am On May 25, 2016
does this mean they've not involved themselves with some form of business since they got to England?
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by layla129(f): 7:13am On May 25, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
mke dem dy der dey protest .mke dem no go hustle

As a student, you have restricted hours to work in the UK and hope you know UK's tuition fees amounts to millions of Naira for international students? let alone up keep, house rent and the rest
How much hustle can bail them?

2 Likes

Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by gulfer: 7:14am On May 25, 2016
So that Oyinbo too is from Ebonyi
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by dyn1800: 7:16am On May 25, 2016
After PHD most of them stay back ..... So of what benefit will their PHD be to the state....?
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by Nobody: 7:18am On May 25, 2016
layla129:

As a student, you have restricted hours to work in the UK and hope you know UK's tuition fees amounts to millions of Naira for international students? let alone up keep, house rent and the rest
ok
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by Nobody: 7:21am On May 25, 2016
efreaky:

Naah, they moved into this huge complex in Manchester few years ago.
Thanks boss
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by Nobody: 7:29am On May 25, 2016
layla129:

It's determination. I am a self sponsored in the same UK. This guys suck

1 Like

Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by popcykaylah(m): 7:35am On May 25, 2016
Some people never see anyone sponsor them for degree programme in naija...these ones dey protest for PhD..oshii
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by Wazhay: 7:37am On May 25, 2016
Ebonyi governor buried his late mom earlier dis year,mayb he used their tuition fees for the burial...pdp!!!

1 Like

Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by RonJeremy: 7:38am On May 25, 2016
fados4sure:
The last time i check, BBC headquarter was in London
It has moved in the last 5 years, so you last checked long ago, now in Salford Greater Manchester.
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by stankezzy: 7:43am On May 25, 2016
The camera person na woman , this guy dey for different mood, see him smile and ...

Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by oyaskii(m): 8:13am On May 25, 2016
efreaky:

Naah, they moved into this huge complex in Manchester few years ago.
The Hq in Manchester is a "Regional HQ"..The Worldwide Hq is in London

1 Like

Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by Nobody: 8:58am On May 25, 2016
RonJeremy:
It has moved in the last 5 years, so you last checked long ago, now in Salford Greater Manchester.
Thanks bro, i appreciate
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by saintkeppy(m): 9:15am On May 25, 2016
As at january it was Msc students from Bayelsa that was protesting in Uk. Now is the turn of Ebonyi state. Which state is next? The state should have budgeted cash 4 this scholars even if na part payment.
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by freeborn76(m): 9:21am On May 25, 2016
So, this 'protest mentality' don follow dem reach UK abi? They should be grateful that the government even agreed to sponsor their PhDs abroad. Do you know the number of Nigerian students cleaning railway stations and stacking library books just to get a PhD in the UK? After you disgrace your governor finish, you expect him to pay your fees and stipends abi? Kontinu!
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by 4peace(m): 9:37am On May 25, 2016
oyaskii:
The Hq in Manchester is a "Regional HQ"..The Worldwide Hq is in London

Correct
What you have their is BBC north.

To the topic chai this present government don suffer ooo.
States are finding it difficult to pay workers' salary,Now another problem surface again.

Nawa ooo

God Bless my Nigeria.Amen
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by geniusss: 10:25am On May 25, 2016
women no dey do phd in ebonyi??

1 Like

Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by Isaacpyo04(m): 10:39am On May 25, 2016
fados4sure:

I have been in Chelmsford for up to 2yrs now & i don't know the headquarter of BBC is located? Thanks all d same, i will still confirm

There's no need of arguing or taking a flight down to manchester, Google and Google maps are your friend...
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by gabicon: 11:45am On May 25, 2016
This is a trend in Nigeria and it gets worse now that the economy is taking a break. In as much as I sympathise with the students the government can pay salaries of people at home not to talk of abroad with all our forex complexity. This same trend was what started the Yahoo Yahoo thingy during shagaris government. My advice to students is that they go and work I know a lot of people in UK who saw themselves through school working multiple jobs in the summer, holidays breaks, and 20hrs per week. The chances of tuition payment is slim in the present economic reality the sooner you get a job the better.
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by oc2fish: 12:35pm On May 25, 2016
gabicon:
This is a trend in Nigeria and it gets worse now that the economy is taking a break. In as much as I sympathise with the students the government can pay salaries of people at home not to talk of abroad with all our forex complexity. This same trend was what started the Yahoo Yahoo thingy during shagaris government. My advice to students is that they go and work I know a lot of people in UK who saw themselves through school working multiple jobs in the summer, holidays breaks, and 20hrs per week. The chances of tuition payment is slim in the present economic reality the sooner you get a job the better.

Guy the study schedule na die. No time for anything if you really want to graduate.
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by toprealman: 1:28pm On May 25, 2016
fados4sure:
The last time i check, BBC headquarter was in London
relocated to Manchester in 2013.
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 25, 2016
There is no money to send them to school, they should return and come and sell recharge card. tongue
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by gabicon: 3:36pm On May 25, 2016
oc2fish:

Guy the study schedule na die. No time for anything if you really want to graduate.

My brother I feel ur pain, naija government does give a damn. Some people were sponsored by ptdf and mid way the pay stopped .You have to multitask I know people who worked their way through paying for living expenses tuition undergraduate to postgraduate studies, one in particular is doing phd now and they made decent grades. Working From sky call centre to stadium to factory to security. It wasn't easy bro but they made it.
And the yeye schools don't hesitate to call UKBA
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by gabicon: 3:36pm On May 25, 2016
oc2fish:

My brother I feel ur pain, naija government does give a damn. Some people were sponsored by ptdf and mid way the pay stopped .You have to multitask I know people who worked their way through paying for living expenses tuition undergraduate to postgraduate studies, one in particular is doing phd now and they made decent grades. Working From sky call centre to stadium to factory to security. It wasn't easy bro but they made it.
And the yeye schools don't hesitate to call UKBA. It is well
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by Akinaukwa: 4:42pm On May 25, 2016
I couldnt count more than 10 presumed protesters. They are even smiling, no sign of seriousness.
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by Roxby: 6:37pm On May 25, 2016
Gov. Umahi approaches his effeminate house of assembly to approve for him, a hundred and sixteen million for purchase of suv jeeps for what he termed past leaders at the cost of N29million each in a state where civil servant receives the least pay in Nigeria. on the list of the past leaders according to Umahi are
1. Sam Egwu
2. Ogbonnaya Onuh
3 Ayim
4 Elechi
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 25, 2016
toprealman:
relocated to Manchester in 2013.
Thanks
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by Roxby: 6:57pm On May 25, 2016
The Gov should have pity on these young men. Some abandoned their jobs, families and what they were doing to go for this programme. And promise to come back and serve the state. Most of the lecturers teaching in the state university were beneficiaries of Sam Egwu and Elechi's oversea scholarship.
It is not that there is no money, Umahi spend close to 4billion for his mothers burial, approved 1 billion for stick holder in the name of Agriculture and now over 20 million for cars to ex-govs.
The man is so heartless that he hadn't made a comment since the students started crying.
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by profosenogoboy: 10:15pm On May 25, 2016
Dave do something (DDS)
Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by enyitaclifford: 6:53am On May 26, 2016
Stone123:
These are Ebonyi State students currently stranded in the UK following the refusal of their state governor Engr. Dave Umahi to pay their 2015/2016 tuition fees and stipends. They have demonstrated at the BBC headquarters in Manchester in the United Kingdom all in the effort to get their state government to come to their rescue.
Its unfortunate for some state governments in Nigeria to send their citizens abroad and abandon them to live like slaves.

'Eye witness'
Full story reported in guardian @:
http://guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/overseas-scholarship-stranded-ebonyi-students-cry-out-to-govt/

Re: Stranded 42 Ebonyi State Phd Sponsored Students Protests At BBC HQ In Manchester by tranxo(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2016
marycool18:

Lol, tomatoes! You really took that seriously?
i wonder o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku, Others Sign Petition To End ASUU Strike / Auchi Poly Students Protest The Killing Of Fresh Graduate By Vigilante Group / SSANU Warns Against ‘unjust’ Sharing Of N40bn Earned Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.