Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? (47391 Views)

UBA Security Guard Returns $10,000 To Its Owner, Gets Lots Of Monetary Gift / Can Affiliate Marketing Provide Jobs For Nigerian Youths? / 10 Kinds Of Business That Can Bring You Millions In Nigeria This Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by importexpert(m): 6:05pm On May 24, 2016
please note that the aim of this thread is not to sell any guide or product but to give you an overview of what affiliate marketing is about and how to make money from it.

Internet affiliate marketing is a way to earn money online, without needing to devote too much energy and effort. If you, as a website owner, choose to carry out some affiliate marketing through your website, you will be seen as a publisher. The business who is promoting their product or service through you is seen as the advertiser and they will normally supply you with everything required to operate a successful marketing campaign for their company.

This usually includes different shapes and sizes of banners and other internet marketing material. All you have to do is choose the best content/banner/advertisement for your website and publish the material on your website.

Let's take a look at an example: Company B can advertise Company A's services on their website. Whenever a web user click to Company A's website from Company B's website, Company B has in fact referred a visitor to Company A's website - this is viewed as an affiliate lead.

As mentioned earlier, the purpose of this type of marketing is to bring customers from one website to another. Sometimes publishers are rewarded as soon as the advertising company gets a lead through their websites. In the insurance industry by way of example, a lead would simply be a customer filling out a short questionnaire, requesting more info from the advertising company (the insurance provider). Remember that no actual purchase is required before the publisher will be paid.

In other instances, publishers are only paid once an actual sale is made following their lead. In this instance the publisher would usually receive a commission on the actual purchase. The commission is generally paid monthly, or once a specific value is reached by the publisher's sales. This depends from campaign to campaign.

The advertiser generally supplies the publisher with a code which is linked to the advert the publisher places on his/her website. This permits the advertiser to track where their leads or sales originated in, so that the appropriate publisher can be rewarded.

There are many businesses that handles affiliate internet marketing campaigns on behalf of several clients. Such companies will usually do a short evaluation of your website before allowing you to participate in their affiliate marketing programs. The reason for this is because many of the affiliate advertisers are professionals in their particular industries and they do not want negative publicity. For that reason they usually select publishers with professional looking websites. It is also essential that the publisher's website draws a lot of visitors - it's no use running affiliate campaigns on websites without any traffic!

Affiliate marketing isn't brain surgery! It is a reasonably easy way to generate extra money through your website - why not give it a try?

cc:Lalasticlala

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by importexpert(m): 6:13pm On May 24, 2016
you can see my detailed work on mini importation here https://www.nairaland.com/2963335/join-2016-mini-importation-millionaires/
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by dearsly(m): 9:46pm On May 24, 2016
Can I promote anything online using twitter (i'm active there) only without a website? ......(Non adult) ...and not shortened Url's...

If so...which sites do I visit?...
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by importexpert(m): 11:22pm On May 24, 2016
dearsly:
Can I promote anything online using twitter (i'm active there) only without a website? ......(Non adult) ...and not shortened Url's...

If so...which sites do I visit?...

yes you can promote so many things online even without a website. addynamo has provision for twitter publishers to promote and earn even without websites. you can send email to most marketers that you wish to promote their products if they do not already have an affiliate program. a lot of marketers will give you details of how you can promote their products and also how they will pay. google a little about paying affiliate programs. i wish you success.

2 Likes

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by SlimHan(f): 11:56pm On May 24, 2016
Thanks for this info. If I may ask, is it possible to run google adsense and affiliate marketing on my blog? www.farjetbest.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by appsintell: 12:51am On May 25, 2016
If you are interested in getting started in cpa affiliate marketing ..lets chat on whatsapp let me set you up with a proven system. . +16477600363
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by Whizzcute(m): 4:43am On May 25, 2016
SlimHan:
Thanks for this info. If I may ask, is it possible to run google adsense and affiliate marketing on my blog? www.farjetbest.

You can only run affiliate marketing, you have to host your site to a .com domain before Google AdSense

1 Like

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by SlimHan(f): 7:20am On May 25, 2016
Whizzcute:

You can only run affiliate marketing, you have to host your site to a .com domain before Google AdSense
thanks. Even after d custom domain. Can d 2 still run on d blog?
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by Consultville(m): 7:32am On May 25, 2016
Kinda sounds nice
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by Whizzcute(m): 9:47am On May 25, 2016
SlimHan:
thanks. Even after d custom domain. Can d 2 still run on d blog?

Yes it can... but make sure you dont have affiliate banners in ur blog before applying for adsense.

You can later add d affiliates after google approves u
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by iwriterng(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2016
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by importexpert(m): 7:58pm On May 25, 2016
surestakes:
Nice thread.grin

i no vex but i don hide your post for breaking rule 6 and 18
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by importexpert(m): 8:01pm On May 25, 2016
[quote author=okwusbaba post=45956909][/quote]

do not break any rule of the forum next time. post hidden
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by importexpert(m): 8:02pm On May 25, 2016
mmonigeria:
Good write up OP.

no adverts please
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by mmonigeria: 10:12am On May 26, 2016
importexpert:

no adverts please

Which advert?
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by haryomikun(m): 1:29am On May 27, 2016
SlimHan:
No allow google see that affiliate marketing ad before u apply. They severely hate competition

Call me daddy grin *Izz an omo alhaji sometin* grin grin grin
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:51pm On May 27, 2016
Afiliate marketing requires lots of patience. I av been on konga affiliate marketin program and av earned just 300 naira in 7 months. E no easy

Na konga shipping fee dey scare people.

Anyone making lots of cash via konga shud put me tru pls.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by automatix: 11:39pm On May 27, 2016
xxxtedyxxx:
Afiliate marketing requires lots of patience. I av been on konga affiliate marketin program and av earned just 300 naira in 7 months. E no easy

Na konga shipping fee dey scare people.

Anyone making lots of cash via konga shud put me tru pls.
you dey run from me. I would have sat you down and we discuss this, had I know you have interest in something like this. We were supposed to meet at Ota but I called so often and you didn't pick. You don't respond to my quotes.

Pick any internet business and I will break it down for you. Let me know when you are ready.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 5:38pm On May 28, 2016
automatix:
you dey run from me. I would have sat you down and we discuss this, had I know you have interest in something like this. We were supposed to meet at Ota but I called so often and you didn't pick. You don't respond to my quotes.

Pick any internet business and I will break it down for you. Let me know when you are ready.
Lols...
U funny oh..run from u..becos u be fulani herdsman.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by automatix: 7:35am On May 29, 2016
xxxtedyxxx:

Lols...
U funny oh..run from u..becos u be fulani herdsman.
what happened to you numbers? It's me that guy wey meet you for tutorial on that chic and later found out you stay in same area. We made arrangement to see but you no gree show.

So bro, get in touch if you wanna hit your mark on internet business. The ball is now in your court.

I called your 2 lines and they are both switched off. I believe you have changed lines.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 2:32pm On May 29, 2016
automatix:
what happened to you numbers? It's me that guy wey meet you for tutorial on that chic and later found out you stay in same area. We made arrangement to see but you no gree show.

So bro, get in touch if you wanna hit your mark on internet business. The ball is now in your court.

I called your 2 lines and they are both switched off. I believe you have changed lines.

I gave u the advice i wana gave u which was the best thing to do at the time. Even tho i was busy at the time, what would meeting u av achieved? U already fell for a girl who doesnt value u or care abt u. I told u the right thing to do. I expected u to do it.

So oga..free me abeg
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by automatix: 4:23pm On May 29, 2016
xxxtedyxxx:

I gave u the advice i wana gave u which was the best thing to do at the time. Even tho i was busy at the time, what would meeting u av achieved? U already fell for a girl who doesnt value u or care abt u. I told u the right thing to do. I expected u to do it.

So oga..free me abeg
haba bro. wasnt expect this from you. That is in the past already and i did what you told me to do. I only mentioned it to you so u can know who u are speaking to here. I felt may be I could explain internet related stuff as I can see from your post here and may be help with ways you can use to improve your quest.

I called after seeing your post here and it was in no way to start talking about a girl i had forgotten completely. i called after seeing your post because I want to give my knowledge as you have given to so many people on here including myself.

No vex. na me find trouble.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by OneManLegion(m): 9:45pm On May 29, 2016
xxxtedyxxx:

So oga..free me abeg

Guy, you too rude abeg.

1 Like

Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by 2sexycom(m): 11:55pm On May 29, 2016
OneManLegion:

Guy, you too rude abeg.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by automatix: 11:57pm On May 29, 2016
OneManLegion:

Guy, you too rude abeg.
he isn't rude bro. He just didn't understand me. I have spoken to him on phone before. The guy is actually very cool and willing to help but in this case him no understand me and it's normal. I felt may be I could give my knowledge like he has given to many of us but he misunderstood me.
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by javaguru: 3:16am On May 30, 2016
automatix:
he isn't rude bro. He just didn't understand me. I have spoken to him on phone before. The guy is actually very cool and willing to help but in this case him no understand me and it's normal. I felt may be I could give my knowledge like he has given to many of us but he misunderstood me.
case closed
Re: Can Affiliate Marketing Bring In Lots Of Money? by Nobody: 10:58am On May 30, 2016
my associate guru, I dey konga since a yr, but never make a dime .... any1 willing to help

(1) (2) (Reply)

Starting A Trucking Business In Nigeria? / Naira Vs Dollar: A Picture With Deep Meaning. / Mohammed Indimi, His Children And Grandchildren Reunite For Sallah (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.