Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,331 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage (14230 Views)

Grazing Law: Emir Sanusi, Miyetti Allah Boss Thumb Up Fayose / Kano Speaker Resigns Over Emir Sanusi’s Removal Saga - / Emir Sanusi Wants Nigeria To Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by Godstraight(m): 8:51am On May 25, 2016
kunta2simple:
Even Mary was underage when she gave birth to Jesus.
Christian hypocrite.
underage?please give me the Bible verse
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by ayd91(m): 8:58am On May 25, 2016
Lawmakers should speedily take advantage of the momentum and push forward a bill to that effect. Lets end this once and for all.
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by delivryboy: 9:09am On May 25, 2016
See how e-dragons suddenly found their lost voices, a while ago we heard of The 13 year old girl Ekemini who gave birth in Akwa Ibom state, non of you child rights activist commented or demanded the man involved be found. They have seen their favorite topic relating to a Hausa man and girl child they are back to pass their blanket judgements. Gheeerarahiaaaa mhenn and whuuumen!!!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by VictorRomanov: 9:10am On May 25, 2016
Jengem:
But the Emir engaged his latest bride at 17 and then married her at 18

Why is he a hypocrite abeg?

Chopping 18 year old kpomo

paedo

Its like English hard for you!.He said under-18 marriages. He married his bride when she turn 18. Wetin hard to understand for here

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by Abagworo(m): 9:23am On May 25, 2016
COvo:
I still think a girl should be up to 23 before she gets married.19,20 is still a no no for me. I still wonder how some muslims will get married to a 15 year old.the thing disgusts me. undecided undecided undecided undecided

Everything boils down to age of bride and groom. An 19 year old groom can marry a 16 year old bride while a 70 year old groom can marry a 45 year old without raising any eyebrows.
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by olafum1(m): 9:32am On May 25, 2016
anigold:

hypocrisy is worse than ebola, so after taking an 18 year old bride you now wants others not to do same. Wonders shall never end...
Please Sir/emir tell that to the winds..

My brother.. .hypocrisy is in their blood o, and even when they r the one with evil agenda, oppressing you and regarding u as no one.. They will still cry the loudest like the victim....
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by yakijay4real(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2016
Very very good idear from an educated and resonable emir
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by Caseless: 9:49am On May 25, 2016
BoleynDynaSTY:
I want to hear it from your mouth Oga Caseless
madam baddie, is that you?

Ok, if you check my post you'd see this "^^^" , it means I was talking to the poster above me. They talk just to attract "likes" , and they throw away commonsense while doing this.
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by Topestbilly(m): 9:49am On May 25, 2016
msserenity:
Na now day break

See who's commenting embarassed
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by signz: 9:58am On May 25, 2016
He wants to look good before his oyibo friends. He's a first class Emir and he knows what to do if he's serious.
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by macaranta(m): 10:08am On May 25, 2016
Wishful thinking
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by ivcraig(m): 10:15am On May 25, 2016
A welcome recommendation from the Emir of Kano. Such a law will control the growth rate of the Nigerian population. Each family should have a maximum of five or six children. The lesser our population the better for our economy. Long Live Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by PLEXPLEX(m): 10:18am On May 25, 2016
olafum1:
Most reasonable opinion I've heard from a northerner in a very long time. After they've all assume the position of victims to their own injustice, and Since they've all lost their sense of reasoning and morality to their fascist religion.

I know some fanatics and ignoramus even in His own religion and among his kinsmen will come for his head....

After all, Mohammed wants many followers at his back at ressurection, so they have to populate the earth and religion by giving birth to as many as possible (at least now that jihad war is no more selling).

Anyway, Nothing but truth had Sanusi spoken. Counter him first be4 thinking of me.

I respected his position on Ese's adoption & i know it was never gonna be a popular decision among the Northern muslim.
Honestly, i fear for Emir Sanusi's life if he continues like this.
This are the kind of Change that the Northern muslim will never want to hear & coming from an influential Emir like Kano Emir is gonna be a very big blow to the Northern muslim community that has shown to be more muslims than the Saudis
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by femlake(m): 10:23am On May 25, 2016
This guy has not stopped 'his thing?'
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by PLEXPLEX(m): 10:28am On May 25, 2016
anigold:

hypocrisy is worse than ebola, so after taking an 18 year old bride you now wants others not to do same. Wonders shall never end...
Please Sir/emir tell that to the winds..

Stop displaying ur eliteracy publicly pls.

The bone of contention is under 18 & was his bride under 18?

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by COvo(m): 10:36am On May 25, 2016
Abagworo:

Everything boils down to age of bride and groom. An 19 year old groom can marry a 16 year old bride while a 70 year old groom can marry a 45 year old without raising any eyebrows.
A 19 year old boy has no business with marriage, if he wants to get married he should go marry a lady older than him and not a 16 Yr old
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by olafum1(m): 10:39am On May 25, 2016
kunta2simple:

May our creator make you and I come face 2 face on judgement day.

grin grin grin most hilarious comment, I've read in a while. grin grin

Why wait till then?
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by olafum1(m): 10:41am On May 25, 2016
Caseless:
^^^
Most times, the love or "lust" for "likes" from your ilk won't make you make sense. You truncate your own line of thought.

Gibberish!

You can keep ur likes Oga, why not tell me the line of thought I truncated... ?
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by ClintonDal(m): 10:58am On May 25, 2016
Good idea though he should expect resistance from his brothers. Was it not in his palace a certain 13yr old girl was hidden? Abi it's another Emir Sanusi undecided

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by goodlifehyd1: 11:02am On May 25, 2016
COvo:
I still think a girl should be up to 23 before she gets married.19,20 is still a no no for me. I still wonder how some muslims will get married to a 15 year old.the thing disgusts me. undecided undecided undecided undecided
why call out Muslims Omotola who got married at 18 is also a Muslim or do you think her husband started courting when she got 18 and married her that same year?? Abegiii park well, you see Omotola as a role model and you even surely do have a girl below 18 you straff and u here castigating Islam Abegii
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by olafum1(m): 11:10am On May 25, 2016
goodlifehyd1:
why call out Muslims Omotola who got married at 18 is also a Muslim or do you think her husband started courting when she got 18 and married her that same year?? Abegiii park well, you see Omotola as a role model and you even surely do have a girl below 18 you straff and u here castigating Islam Abegii

Was Omotola married by a 60year old man worthy to be her grandfather?

Or can you deny the fact that Mohammed married an underage in his time, thereby giving u his followers the license to marry such?

Sincere answers Pls?
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by Edoblakky(m): 11:10am On May 25, 2016
Good as this statement from the emir sounds, it is fraught with deception and hypocrisy. He's advising his people as a result of economic hardship. Meanwhile, there was a law in 2003 which proscribed punishment for offenders of early marriage and I expect the emir to cite that law and call for its enforcement rather he's talking about the fact that times have changed but his people will not change.
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by goodlifehyd1: 11:13am On May 25, 2016
olafum1:

Was Omotola married by a 60year old man worthy to be her grandfather?

Or can you denied the fact that Mohammed married an underage in his time, thereby giving u his followers the license to marry such?

Sincere answers Pls?
Really niccur??
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by COvo(m): 12:08pm On May 25, 2016
goodlifehyd1:
I have never slept with a girl below 20 before smiley I have standards. Sorry I called out Muslims, but it's common with them.
PS: I am not a fan of omo sexy, who she epp?
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by GodwyneDuke99(m): 12:13pm On May 25, 2016
All having been Said what Emir Sanusi is saying is that; it should come to a "[b][/b]Stop" Even If He did Marry then at when such is allow!
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by babajeje123(m): 12:31pm On May 25, 2016
kunta2simple:

Even Mary was underage when she gave birth to Jesus.

Christian hypocrite.
Where is that in the Quran?
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by olafum1(m): 1:08pm On May 25, 2016
goodlifehyd1:
Really niccur??

Why don't u Simply answer my question instead of pointing out a grammatical blunder...

I'm sure ur brains understood what I meant... So answer my questions honestly or u have no case.. .
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by toprealman: 1:25pm On May 25, 2016
Jengem:
But the Emir engaged his latest bride at 17 and then married her at 18

Why is he a hypocrite abeg?

Chopping 18 year old kpomo

paedo
sanusi is very annoying. The dullard thinks he is smart but in actual sense, he is deluded. Imagine such hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by krak101(m): 2:09pm On May 25, 2016
kunta2simple:

Thank you, at least his making a move in the right direction for his people.
But who will go to different churches to talk sense to your Pastors concerning child rape, fornication?

Who will organize seminars for our southern Jewish people on issues bothering on teenage prostitution, child trafficking and baby factory?
I think you should worry more about that.
... Very true. Tenage prostitution, child trafficking and baby factory are all social vices and no one is proud of them . Efforts are been made to arrest those vices. I believe you see that in the news everyday. That said, it's simply the same idea the Emir is trying to propagate to discourage child marriage. You remind me of some misguided ignorant someborry that called into a radio show about Almajiri system in the North and started making the same claims you are making. My fellow Nigerian all these vices are evil and as such efforts should be made to eradicate them. Thank you. Who knows the man might have realised his folly after all#justanafterthought grin
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by brojoshua: 2:17pm On May 25, 2016
This is good from him
Re: Emir Sanusi: Ban Child Brides, Under-18 Marriage by Tawus(m): 2:43pm On May 25, 2016
[well wonder's shall never end I reserved my comments
[/color]uote author=RichYoungNigga post=45946420][color=#990000]But he just married a brand new 13 year old girl last month[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governorship Poll: How Disunity Marred Pdp’s Chances In Lagos / Sign Minimum Wage Bill Now, Labour Tells Buhari / Shiites Will Be Treated Like Terrorists – IGP Adamu Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.