Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,645 members, 7,851,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:33 PM

GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari (1185 Views)

Fact-checking GEJ On His Electoral Promises Then In 2011 / Atiku Celebrates GEJ On His 60th Birthday / IPOB Miscreants Blasts GEJ On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by Ofodirinwa: 6:19am On May 25, 2016

in the clueless era
FG distributes 120,000 grams tomato seedlings to Ondo farmers
Federal Government has through the federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development distributed 120,000 grams of improved tomato seedlings to 240 farmers in Ondo State.

Minister of Agriculture, Dr Akinwumi Adesina, spoke while flagging off Growth Enhancement Scheme (GES) for tomato in Ikare-Akoko, Akoko North East Local Government Council of the state, stressing that the development was part of the bids of the of the Federal Government to boost production of tomato in the state
http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/fg-distributes-120000-grams-tomato-seedlings-ondo-farmers/

Today, today
Nigeria's Kaduna state declares 'tomato emergency'
A state of emergency has been declared in the tomato sector in Kaduna state, northern Nigeria, local media report.
A moth called the Tomato Leaf Miner, or Tuta Absoluta, has ravaged 80% of tomato farms, Commissioner of Agriculture Daniel Manzo Maigar said.

He said 200 farmers together lost at least 1bn naira ($5.1m; £3.5m) over the past month.
The price of a basket of tomatoes has increased from $1.20 less than three months ago to more than $40 today.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36369015

1 Like

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by mikolo80: 6:22am On May 25, 2016
2 and a half bags of tomato
Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by TPAND(f): 6:23am On May 25, 2016
Audu Ogbeh is a better agriculturist but he is not a policy maker. He will serve better as a DG of a parastatal

Adesina is in all standards, the most credible Agric minister till date. He is so objective and definitive. He made Agric farming attractive to young people.

7 Likes

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by agabaI23(m): 6:36am On May 25, 2016
I would have said it is too early to make a comparison in this sector but the body of the government is smelly

I expected them to carry on from where Adesina stopped but like APC, they are reversing all the gains...
No clears policy yet

Heard they are removing subsidy on fertilizer

4 Likes

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by Ofodirinwa: 6:37am On May 25, 2016
TPAND:
Audu Ogbeh is a better agriculturist but he is not a policy maker. He will serve better as a DG of a parastatal

Adesina is in all standards, the most credible Agric minister till date. He is so objective and definitive. He made Agric farming attractive to young people.

can you name any other ag. ministers? I liked Adesina but you too should be objective
Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by Ofodirinwa: 6:38am On May 25, 2016
agabaI23:
I would have said it too early to make a comparison in this sector but the body of the government is smelly

I expected them to carry on from where Adesina stopped but like APC, they are reversing all the gains...
No clears policy yet

Heard they are removing subsidy on fertilizer

APC?
lol GEJ removed the fertilizer subsidy In 2014
Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by emiwanlee(m): 6:38am On May 25, 2016
You cannot compare Jonathan with buhari, only people that are seasoned bigots will begin to do that

5 Likes

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by wunmi590(m): 6:39am On May 25, 2016
Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by agabaI23(m): 6:40am On May 25, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

APC?
lol GEJ removed the fertilizer subsidy In 2014
OK, I am not sure why I saw the news on NL just recently.

Anyway, there are no indicators yet that Buhari will do any better in Agric sector than other sectors...

1 Like

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 6:45am On May 25, 2016
Imagine.

1 Like

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by Ofodirinwa: 6:45am On May 25, 2016
agabaI23:
OK, I am not sure why I saw the news on NL just recently.

Anyway, there are no indicators yet that Buhari will do any better in Agric sector than other sectors...

because they're saying GEJ achievements are their achievements knowing Nigerians have no memory at all. the difference is GEJ was surrounded by professionals and when they removed subsidy they had a plan as to why and how they would do it. These ones are checking twitter for who to arrest and saying they are going to fund the government with 'looted funds'

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by Splashme: 6:50am On May 25, 2016
[size=18pt]The Buhari/APC govt is laughable[/size]

3 Likes

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by TPAND(f): 6:54am On May 25, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

can you name any other ag. ministers? I liked Adesina but you too should be objective

Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by kunlesufyan(m): 7:20am On May 25, 2016
The truth is The Apc govt tried so hard to frustrate Jonathan's government,its very evident in their recent removal of subsidy...its not Buharis fault that the moth decided to attack in his regime..but I strongly believe Buhari should have retained the former minister of agriculture...I'm not saying audu ogbeh won't do well but we all know we don't just need a farmer as a minister ( don't forget this same man was once a minister of agriculture years ago)...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by teekay213(m): 7:31am On May 25, 2016
Gej all the way,sometimes i wish akinwumi can be our permanent minister for agriculture for life.all these hike in food prices will stop.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by Almajiri1: 7:34am On May 25, 2016
Every good and bad gains made under GEJ is today ugly and worst under Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by Ofodirinwa: 7:35am On May 25, 2016
kunlesufyan:
The truth is The Apc govt tried so hard to frustrate Jonathan's government,its very evident in their recent removal of subsidy...its not Buharis fault that the moth decided to attack in his regime..but I strongly believe Buhari should have retained the former minister of agriculture...I'm not saying audu ogbeh won't do well but we all know we don't just need a farmer as a minister ( don't forget this same man was once a minister of agriculture years ago)...

When Ebola attacked in GEJ's regime he defeated it faster than any leader in the world.
When moth came to Buhari he got an ear infection and declared tomato ebola.
stop making excuses for Buhari by using Ogbeh's name

Buhari gave all his ministers 3 unrelated ministries to run. Have you ever tried to have 3 full time jobs at once? Please don't blame his ministers, he's the one that called them noisemakers and destroyed their structure

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by Ofodirinwa: 7:38am On May 25, 2016
teekay213:
Gej all the way,sometimes i wish akinwumi can be our permanent minister for agriculture.all these hike in food prices will stop.

I liked GEJ because he knew he wasn't an expert and was willing to listen to and hire experts. The VP or the world bank on finance, president of OPEC of petroleum, etc. Everyone that was in position has a masters degree or phd in their field and was recognized by the world as a top mind in the field even Sanusi in banking. Buhari came and thought Amaechi who has no certificate can build our roads and Fashola a lawyer will bring us light. Zombies want to talk about ministers. Buhari himself said he didn't read the Nigerian budget be himself proposed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by teekay213(m): 7:47am On May 25, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

I liked GEJ because he knew he wasn't an expert and was willing to listen to and hire experts. The VP or the world bank on finance, president of OPEC of petroleum, etc. Everyone that was in position has a masters degree or phd in their field and was recognized by the world as a top mind in the field even Sanusi in banking. Buhari came and thought Amaechi who has no certificate can build our roads and Fashola a lawyer will bring us light. Zombies want to talk about ministers. Buhari himself said he didn't read the Nigerian budget be himself proposed
true! i don't think audu ogbeh will deliver in the agric sector.set of old school pensioners.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by dazdilijae(m): 7:55am On May 25, 2016
Nigeria need serious intervention cos we are in a mess.
Pray 4 Naija

1 Like

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by kunlesufyan(m): 7:57am On May 25, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

When Ebola attacked in GEJ's regime he defeated it faster than any leader in the world.
When moth came to Buhari he got an ear infection and declared tomato ebola.
stop making excuses for Buhari by using Ogbeh's name

Buhari gave all his ministers 3 unrelated ministries to run. Have you ever tried to have 3 full time jobs at once? Please don't blame his ministers, he's the one that called them noisemakers and destroyed their structure
You are right bruh! But if you read my post well
.ull see I never blamed Audu ogbeh for the Tomato problem + Audu ogbeh was only given the ministry of Agriculturand rural developement to run and not three ..I only know of Fashola...
Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by Ngokafor(f): 8:52am On May 25, 2016
...All i can say at this point is that i really miss the former Minister of Agric,Akinwunmi Adesina.. cry

...No further comment.

1 Like

Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by agabaI23(m): 11:16am On May 25, 2016
Ofodirinwa:

because they're saying GEJ achievements are their achievements knowing Nigerians have no memory at all. the difference is GEJ was surrounded by professionals and when they removed subsidy they had a plan as to why and how they would do it. These ones are checking twitter for who to arrest and saying they are going to fund the government with 'looted funds'

O nna
Make them kontinu

Heard they have finally decided to devalue the naira.... They called it adopting a flexible exchange policy....
Re: GEJ On Agriculture V. Buhari by ajebuter(f): 11:24am On May 25, 2016
GEJ, please, just forgive them...

That's all..

(1) (Reply)

Gej Mismanage OIL Boom Why Pmb Well Manage Reccesion! / Nigeria Can Survive ZERO Crude Export This Year. US Fund To Raise $2 Billion / Paul Biya Sends Team To Nigeria To Learn Ways Of Catching Corrupt Officials.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.