Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,425 members, 7,826,654 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

What To Do When Your Android Phone Falls Into Water - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What To Do When Your Android Phone Falls Into Water (1393 Views)

What To Do And What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / What & What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When Your Android Phone Falls Into Water by Nobody: 8:16am On May 25, 2016
1.[size=15pt] Don't panic.[/size]

2.Don't attempt to switch on your phone....or charge it. This might damage it.

3.If it is possible...remove the battery, the SIM card(s), and the SD card from the phone

4.Once you have removed the battery and the cards....use a clean cloth or tissue to dry/dab water from the phone.Don't use vaccum/hot objects to dry the phone. This might damage it

5.Put the phone in a paper bag of UNCOOKED rice(or a Ziploc bag of uncooked rice). Make sure the phone is buried in the rice. Also put your battery in too.

6.Tie the bag/seal the bag and leave for 12-24 hours (some suggest a few days!).

7.If you need to stay in contact....use your sim in an old phone (Time to resurrect them old Nokia 1200's!).

8.After 24 hours....take out your android phone , put the battery back in, and the cover back on, and switch on the phone. It should work.(Of course....clean any dirt left over by the rice before hand!).

9.If your phone does not work...try charging it.

10.If no response....then it is time you went to the phone repairman....or bought that latest Tecno or Samsung phone you have been eyeing for some time wink

Sources...

1:Things to do when you have a water damaged android phone

2.How to fix a water damaged android phone
Re: What To Do When Your Android Phone Falls Into Water by ORACLE1975(m): 8:17am On May 25, 2016
Okay
Re: What To Do When Your Android Phone Falls Into Water by psucc(m): 8:31am On May 25, 2016
Now that a bag of rice is higher than the minimum wage of Nigerian civil servant, how can one afford one bag to repair phone.
Re: What To Do When Your Android Phone Falls Into Water by Nobody: 8:33am On May 25, 2016
psucc:
Now that a bag of rice is higher than the minimum wage of Nigerian civil servant, how can one afford one bag to repair phone.

Said bag of rice is just about 5 cups of the thing.....

And at least....it is cheaper than buying a new phone.

Or you can buy a water-proof android phone.(see links in my original post for examples of such phones).
Re: What To Do When Your Android Phone Falls Into Water by kingDELE(m): 8:41am On May 25, 2016
If i tell pple about puting phone inside rice if it fell in water, dem dey laff me. Dem no dey beliv.
Re: What To Do When Your Android Phone Falls Into Water by Marlvin(m): 9:23am On May 25, 2016
Should have known this a long time ago!
If only I knew !
Re: What To Do When Your Android Phone Falls Into Water by kesses: 4:54pm On May 31, 2016
go to where they are selling rice nearer to you and put it there grin
psucc:
Re: What To Do When Your Android Phone Falls Into Water by kesses: 4:57pm On May 31, 2016
sure, it kind of sound stupid undecided
kingDELE:
If i tell pple about puting phone inside rice if it fell in water, dem dey laff me. Dem no dey beliv.
Re: What To Do When Your Android Phone Falls Into Water by Nobody: 1:19am On Jun 03, 2016
kesses:
sure, it kind of sound stupid undecided

If you clicked the sources I linked to in my original post....you would have seen where it was suggested you could buy special drying packs for the android phones.

As seen on this website.

The rice is for those who cannot afford it...and you can use a small paper-bag full of rice...not a big sack.

(1) (Reply)

Who Should I Contact: Diamond Bank Or MTN, My Money Is Gone (pics) / Help, I Can't Download Songs / Infinix Hot2 Clean 2gb Ram Screen With Case & 1gb Ram Working Board

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.