Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? (48057 Views)

What To Do And What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / What & What Not To Do When Your Smartphone Falls Into Water / Removable Vs Non-removable Battery Phones; Which One To Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Dandsome: 8:10am On Oct 28, 2016
So I've been thinking about it lately and it has been giving me cause to worry.

These days phones are being manufactured with non removable batteries e.g Samsung Galaxy S7, Tecno Camon C9, Huawei Honor 6x (2016), Tecno L8+ et al.

Normally, when your phone hangs and you have a non removable battery, all you can do is wait for some time and then it'll come back to normal. However, what happens in a case where mistakenly, knowingly or unknowingly your phone falls into water and is completely immersed in it?
I've read online about how you should switch it off, remove the battery then place it in a bag or container of raw rice etc.

My neighbour is so much interested in the Phantom6+, reason is he is a heavy user and the 4GB RAM, and battery capacity of 4050Mah will serve him well. He has a hyper active baby boy who is very curious. Last time the boy dipped his wife's phone completely into water. Thankfully it's just an ordinary torchlight phone.

He talked about how he's sacrificing to buy it in this kinda economy and how he'll never allow the baby near his phone, but sometimes mistakes happen and phones mistakenly "swim" inside water. But the BIG question is, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IT IS A PHONE WITH A NON REMOVABLE BATTERY?
I've heard a case where after someone switched off his phone when it fell into water, it turned itself back on most likely because it started to short circuit.

What is the "first aid" that can be done to the phone with a non removable battery when it falls into water??

Somebody please help.
Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by rottenPussy: 8:14am On Oct 28, 2016
Ever heard of condom pouch?

it's rubber like and covers the whole body of the phone making it water resistant to some extent.

Aside that, I don't see any option than to avoid it falling into water..

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by henryobinna(m): 8:21am On Oct 28, 2016
if it's a water resistant phone like the galaxy s7 edge, you bring it out and continue using. But if its not water resistant like some of infinix phones, you bring it out and wait for it to die

or follow here for smartphone buying guide
http://www.legitstuffs.com/2015/11/features-to-watchout-for-when-buying-smartphone.html

131 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by HyDef(m): 9:00am On Oct 28, 2016
Happened to my friend recently. She had to wait for it to die.
Moral: Keep it away from liquids.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by excanny: 9:06am On Oct 28, 2016
henryobinna:
if it's a water resistant phone like the galaxy s7 edge, you bring it out and continue using. But if its not water resistant like some of infinix phones, you bring it out and wait for it to die

No. If it's a galaxy s7 edge, bring it out and wait for it to explode. grin

167 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 9:13am On Oct 28, 2016
rottenPussy:
Ever heard of condom pouch?

it's rubber like and covers the whole body of the phone making it water resistant to some extent.

Aside that, I don't see any option than to avoid it falling into water..
Bros which 1 be condom pouch again

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Whizpeter(m): 9:26am On Oct 28, 2016
henryobinna:

Nigga you're crazy cheesy

OP open the back cover (if it has) and immerse the phone into bag of rice or a bag of silicon..

Ensure phone is switched off and wipe off any excess moisture from the phone!

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by augster(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2016
henryobinna:
HyDef:
Happened to my friend recently. She had to wait for it to die.
Moral: Keep it away from liquids.
You guys don smoke weed grin

27 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 28, 2016
Turn off the phone, dry the with soft cloth and put it in a bag or bucket of raw rice or silicon. Leave it there for like 24 hours. Pray it is not already water damaged.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Dandsome: 10:12am On Oct 28, 2016
greenhulk:
Turn off the phone, dry the with soft cloth and put it in a bag or bucket of raw rice or silicon. Leave it there for like 24 hours. Pray it is not already water damaged.

In this case are you talking of a phone with removable battery or non removable battery?

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 28, 2016
Dandsome:

In this case are you talking of a phone with removable battery or non removable battery?

Non removable battery. It also applies with phones with removable battery

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by henryobinna(m): 10:55am On Oct 28, 2016
excanny:

No. If it's a galaxy s7 edge, bring it out and wait for it to explode. grin
boss it's not galaxy s7 that explodes but Galaxy Note 7. They're different

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by ewizard1: 11:44am On Oct 28, 2016
This reason is mainly why i detest Non-removable battery devices so much!

- No battery pull incase of bootloop
- No battery pull in water immersion situation
- No switch of battery (Backup batteries)

For you saying "Leave the device to die" una dey mad! (Million PUNs intended )

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by rottenPussy: 11:55am On Oct 28, 2016
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Bros which 1 be rubber pouch again
I first saw it with Samsung Galaxy s6 edge. Although UGLY, it protects the phone against water attack.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2016
rottenPussy:
I first saw it with Samsung Galaxy s6 edge. Although UGLY, it protects the phone against water attack.

Those cases are not ur everyday cases. Only useful when u go to the beach or pool side or any place where there's risk of phone getting wet. Can't be rocking this everyday.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by spongebob0006(f): 2:02pm On Oct 28, 2016
please,don't put it inside rice o,u go just burn the panel and dahs crazy money spending..... if u could loose it,just loose the life of the phone and put the panel under a bulb if u have lyt so that it can dry and then fix the phone back.....my phone fell into water two weeks ago and it was hell before I could fix it because I thought rice could help. rice only helps for removable battery phones

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by rottenPussy: 2:43pm On Oct 28, 2016
greenhulk:

Those cases are not ur everyday cases. Only useful when u go to the beach or pool side or any place where there's risk of phone getting wet. Can't be rocking this everyday.
people rock it everyday. It all depend on your taste for fashion. Personally, I won't rock it but it is the best option for the situation therein.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by rottenPussy: 2:44pm On Oct 28, 2016
spongebob0006:
please,don't put it inside rice o,u go just burn the panel and dahs crazy money spending..... if u could loose it,just loose the life of the phone and put the panel under a bulb if u have lyt so that it can dry and then fix the phone back.....my phone fell into water two weeks ago and it was hell before I could fix it because I thought rice could help. rice only helps for removable battery phones
what about bean?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2016
rottenPussy:
got any idea if its possible with infinix note 3?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by veekid(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2016
I'll soak it in a bag of rice
Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by shammah1(m): 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
Good question

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by olaolulazio(m): 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
I always
put it inside garri or uncooked rice

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by sylvar02(m): 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2016
Nothing

when my itel1505 fell into water

I stood there and started crying

Anyways

[size=20pt]E kú rècéssìon èní ooo grin grin grin[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Suxes(m): 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
Go and buy another one

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2016
use blow dryer to dry the phone and give it to a repairer.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by oluFELAxy(m): 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2016
Plan for another one
Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by sexymoma(f): 4:51pm On Oct 28, 2016
If una get rice for house.... i mean raw rice
leave it inside overnight or for like 8hrs
i nor dey joke ooo
Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by eezeribe(m): 4:52pm On Oct 28, 2016
who I go ask
Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by femi4: 4:53pm On Oct 28, 2016
spongebob0006:
Na only you make sense. The first thing to do is to separate the battery from the board. Rice won't help if the battery is still connected to the board

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Your Phone With A Non Removable Battery Falls Into Water?? by Young03(m): 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2016
bring it to my shop,

I will loose it n clean it for u

u first remove the battery by soldering it out before removing d screen

to avoid cutting d screen light

see as I de teach dem work

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter User Mocks Tecno And Itel Phones, Gets Savage Reply / Iphone 13 Series Price In Nigeria, Kenya, And South Africa / Netflix Is A Waste Of Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.