Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' (1876 Views)

Chelsea Fans Excited As Unai Emery Confirms Arsenal Team News / Chant About The Size Of Romelu Lukaku's Manhood By Man United Fans Causes Uproar / Foreign Official Excited To Meet Mikel Obi At The Rio Olympics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by lifeisgood(m): 11:12am On May 25, 2016
“In terms of the style of play, the integrity associated with the role and importance of youth players, Mourinho goes against every prominent strand of what makes up a very special club.”
Any Manchester United fans who are saying, ‘Mourinho is great’, aren’t really Manchester United fans in my opinion, because they aren’t looking at the club’s blueprint and ethos. They are new fans who only see trophies. They don’t know anything about Manchester United.
-Paul Parker (Ex manchester United & England player)
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by kinglee007(m): 11:40am On May 25, 2016
grin @OP, obviously you dropping this post also tells a bit that u also aint much of a fan of Jose. You and Parker should go take chill pills. Go do your analysis right and you'll see that more than 60% of Man-U fans can't wait to see Jose as their coach. It's gonna make the next EPL more interesting (my take though).

1 Like

Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by lifeisgood(m): 12:22pm On May 25, 2016
Making d EPL more interesting is one thing and continuing in d club's tradition is another. No doubt, Mourinho is a fantastic coach filled with great match intelligence,winning mentality,fans loving but i don't buy his managerial style. All d clubs he has been to and bought silverware with marque signings hasn't recovered afterwards...Porto,Chelsea,Inter Milan,Real Madrid was better off cos they appointed someone that has someone that has d tradition in his blood @ d helm.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by dottozil: 1:14pm On May 25, 2016
lifeisgood:
“In terms of the style of play, the integrity associated with the role and importance of youth players, Mourinho goes against every prominent strand of what makes up a very special club.”
Any Manchester United fans who are saying, ‘Mourinho is great’, aren’t really Manchester United fans in my opinion, because they aren’t looking at the club’s blueprint and ethos. They are new fans who only see trophies. They don’t know anything about Manchester United.

Honestly that's the complete truth am really surprised Manchester united would hire him, in truth he's a good coach but in terms of Manchester united is all about he doesn't fit.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by dottozil: 1:15pm On May 25, 2016
lifeisgood:

Honestly that's the complete truth am really surprised Manchester united would hire him, in truth he's a good coach but in terms of Manchester united is all about he doesn't fit.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by sportman117: 3:43pm On May 25, 2016
dottozil:

How is he not a fit for coach man United? football is business and winning trophy now forget about any styles. Mourinho can give them the winning they wanted. Even me I can wait for next season begin to start making cool cash on naijabet.com.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by lifeisgood(m): 4:13pm On May 25, 2016
@Sportzman117 lol,u ain't serious
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by dottozil: 4:53pm On May 25, 2016
sportman117:

How is he not a fit for coach man United? football is business and winning trophy now forget about any styles. Mourinho can give them the winning they wanted. Even me I can wait for next season begin to start making cool cash on naijabet.com.

lol, but Manchester united is not just about winning, they have their own principles and that's what they stick to. take a look at barca and Madrid what set them apart is that barca follows a strict legacy they have their own believe of how football should be run and play but Madrid they believe money is all and that's why atletico Madrid is catching up with them. at United just like barca the biggest and most successful football club in england we believe their is to football than just winning. the you win and the way you introduce youths which will be more hungrier to win things, matters in football, that's what as kept Manchester united at the pinnacle of English football for so long likewise that's what as kept mourinho from being able to stay more than two seasons in a club and not being able to build a squad
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by Lily4star(f): 6:17pm On May 25, 2016
dottozil:

lol, but Manchester united is not just about winning, they have their own principles and that's what they stick to. take a look at barca and Madrid what set them apart is that barca follows a strict legacy they have their own believe of how football should be run and play but Madrid they believe money is all and that's why atletico Madrid is catching up with them. at United just like barca the biggest and most successful football club in england we believe their is to football than just winning. the you win and the way you introduce youths which will be more hungrier to win things, matters in football, that's what as kept Manchester united at the pinnacle of English football for so long likewise that's what as kept mourinho from being able to stay more than two seasons and in a club and not being able to build a squad

I understand your point, but when you have a Coach in LVG who can't give the club what it wants what dp you expect, United Fans are not just bored and completely tired with LVG's backward style of play but the fact we are not achieving results, For two years the Man has spent far what Leceister City has spent their entire existence, if you would notice he doesn't attract the kind of players one would love and the only reasonable achievement he has done for the club is narrowly winning the FA Cup, signing a great striker in Martial(for the foreseeable future, he was his best buy) bringing in Rasford and a few other young stars. Right now the only man who would give us what we want is Mourinho, tho might not be in terms of United's Legacy and style of football but will take us back to the top(Champions League Football) where we belong and give us results as well as great signings, cos Mourinho does lovely buys which is what matters, by the time he leaves we would have gotten someone who can go on with the Legacy of our kind of football, I am sure you are not a United fan cos if you are, you would have been fed up with LVG and happy for his sacking, I have never been so bored with a united team before.

Eric Cantona said similar thing with what you said up there about Mourinho not continuing the United Legacy in terms of our style of play but trust me that result will come, A Bus packing Mourinho who would give you results and possibly trophies is far better than a Boring backward, backpassing LVG, in terms of backpasses this season United is 3rd, just imagine that

It breaks my heart not to watch my team play in the UCL for another season, I could go on and on, A Mourinho would have made it out of that UCL group we were slotted in, so pleassssse cut us some slack, Jose is known with results.

Chelsea- Conte
Man City- Gardiola
Liverpool- Jurgen Clop
Arsenal- Wenger

How does it sound with Jose being in Charge, LVG staying an extra year would have been a disaster, Mourinho is an upgrade

So watch out for us and Epl as a whole next season, Mourinho vs Gardiola Derby will be a cracker, they bring out the best out of each other. I am excited, I am United, I am red

1 Share

Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by dottozil: 8:25pm On May 25, 2016
Lily4star:

I understand your point, but when you have a Coach in LVG who can't give the club what it wants what dp you expect, United Fans are not just bored and completely tired with LVG's backward style of play but the fact we are not achieving results, For two years the Man has spent far what Leceister City has spent their entire existence, if you would notice he doesn't attract the kind of players one would love and the only reasonable achievement he has done for the club is narrowly winning the FA Cup, signing a great striker in Martial(for the foreseeable future, he was his best buy) bringing in Rasford and a few other young stars. Right now the only man who would give us what we want is Mourinho, tho might not be in terms of United's Legacy and style of football but will take us back to the top(Champions League Football) where we belong and give us results as well as great signings, cos Mourinho does lovely buys which is what matters, by the time he leaves we would have gotten someone who can go on with the Legacy of our kind of football, I am sure you are not a United fan cos if you are, you would have been fed up with LVG and happy for his sacking, I have never been so bored with a united team before.

Eric Cantona said similar thing with what you said up there about Mourinho not continuing the United Legacy in terms of our style of play but trust me that result will come, A Bus packing Mourinho who would give you results and possibly trophies is far better than a Boring backward, backpassing LVG, in terms of backpasses this season United is 3rd, just imagine that

It breaks my heart not to watch my team play in the UCL for another season, I could go on and on, A Mourinho would have made it out of that UCL group we were slotted in, so pleassssse cut us some slack, Jose is known with results.

Chelsea- Conte
Man City- Gardiola
Liverpool- Jurgen Clop
Arsenal- Wenger

How does it sound with Jose being in Charge, LVG staying an extra year would have been a disaster, Mourinho is an upgrade

So watch out for us and Epl as a whole next season, Mourinho vs Gardiola Derby will be a cracker, they bring out the best out of each other. I am excited, I am United, I am red

i got ur point bro, but it seems u are the one not getting me, Nobody said van gaal should remain, honestly if he had remain I wowould have felt bad. the question is, is hiring mourinho a good fit for united? u talk about trophy. OK trophy for one year, after that then what we go back to 8 or 9th? one of sir Alex mistakes was letting pogba leave so u want to watch our local lads mensah,jacksion,januzag,Rashford etc leave due to playing time, this kind of risk isnt what it cos of a year trophy
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by lifeisgood(m): 8:00am On May 26, 2016
@Dottozil,Still making a very correct point, @lilly4star u really dont get it clearly. LVG hasnt been the best option neither is Mourinho d best of alternatives.My concern is all about the Legacies of Alex Fergie & Bobby Charlton...d culture of Manchester United which we cant get in Mourinho,we cant get it.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by Jefersoun: 8:24am On May 26, 2016
lifeisgood:
@Dottozil,Still making a very correct point, @lilly4star u really dont get it clearly. LVG hasnt been the best option neither is Mourinho d best of alternatives.My concern is all about the Legacies of Alex Fergie & Bobby Charlton...d culture of Manchester United which we cant get in Mourinho,we cant get it.
ok, who would you like man u to sign, since mourinho does not fit in.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by Manutd19: 8:35am On May 26, 2016
dottozil:

i got ur point bro, but it seems u are the one not getting me, Nobody said van gaal should remain, honestly if he had remain I wowould have felt bad. the question is, is hiring mourinho a good fit for united? u talk about trophy. OK trophy for one year, after that then what we go back to 8 or 9th? one of sir Alex mistakes was letting pogba leave so u want to watch our local lads mensah,jacksion,januzag,Rashford etc leave due to playing time, this kind of risk isnt what it cos of a year trophy

Let me chop in
First, I'm not a fan of mourinho. Let's look at it this way
We all want lvg gone.
Mancity has pep, Chelsea has Conte, Liverpool Klopp, and of course Wenger still with Arsenal. And you have Pochettino who will be better.
Manutd need someone that can compete with these lots, who out there can aside from mourinho that's available?
You talk of youth, if any is good enough, he will play. Was off using them rashford, varela before he was forced to the to the injury?
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by lifeisgood(m): 8:50am On May 26, 2016
@Jefferson,@Manutd19...Clubs like Barca thrived a great deal not cos they have a good crop of players.Yes, u might argue it's because they do have a good crop of players but don't also forget that the likes of Josep Guardiola & Enrique were both products of the La Masia, Zidane currently is having great success in Real because he sure know the nook & cranny in d Bernabau, I'm of the opinion that irrespective of the possible ill results Man Utd might have they should do good by leaving Ryan Giggs to grow with the lads.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by dottozil: 9:37am On May 26, 2016
Jefersoun:
ok, who would you like man u to sign, since mourinho does not fit in.

Ronald koeman, or better we leave giggsy
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by dottozil: 9:41am On May 26, 2016
Manutd19:

Let me chop in
First, I'm not a fan of mourinho. Let's look at it this way
We all want lvg gone.
Mancity has pep, Chelsea has Conte, Liverpool Klopp, and of course Wenger still with Arsenal. And you have Pochettino who will be better.
Manutd need someone that can compete with these lots, who out there can aside from mourinho that's available?
You talk of youth, if any is good enough, he will play. Was off using them rashford, varela before he was forced to the to the injury?

thats were we got it all wrong, we dont need to compete with any team our job is to focus on our club developing moreover guardiola and deigo simeone took over from barca and atletico at d clubs worst tyms and they are not know then, y can't giggs do dis
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by cocoduck: 11:07am On May 26, 2016
I no know say people like man united like this, Ferguson wanted mourinho to take over man united after when he retires, but the likes if Charlton refused, then they appointed Moyes, but he was not able to do anything at all, then lvg came he was even too sturborn to Lear how the EPL works, so he was fired, was sir Alex a fool for wanting JM? Hardly, his style and JM's are almost identical, For your information you Chelsea abi man city fans, and arsenal fans, just take a chill pill and prepare our six points for us, we no want tory. See as them just dey panick like say tomorrow no dey.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by cocoduck: 11:10am On May 26, 2016
dottozil:

thats were we got it all wrong, we dont need to compete with any team our job is to focus on our club developing moreover guardiola and deigo simeone took over from barca and atletico at d clubs worst tyms and they are not know then, y can't giggs do dis
stop panicking and prepare our six points for us, see arsenal fans dey tell us what we should do
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by cocoduck: 11:14am On May 26, 2016
dottozil:

Ronald koeman, or better we leave giggsy
koeman is not good enough, giggs should try his hands in smaller clubs first before taking on man united. He should have some coaching experience first, look at seedorf, did he do anything in ac Milan? what about is it fillipo inzaghi , they should start small first.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by dottozil: 12:49pm On May 26, 2016
cocoduck:
I no know say people like man united like this, Ferguson wanted mourinho to take over man united after when he retires, but the likes if Charlton refused, then they appointed Moyes, but he was not able to do anything at all, then lvg came he was even too sturborn to Lear how the EPL works, so he was fired, was sir Alex a fool for wanting JM? Hardly, his style and JM's are almost identical, For your information you Chelsea abi man city fans, and arsenal fans, just take a chill pill and prepare our six points for us, we no want tory. See as them just dey panick like say tomorrow no dey.

lol, am so surprised about were you got your own news about Ferguson wanting mourinho as his successor, No TV news or news paper said that the only thing we heard is that fergunson himself hand picked Moyes. For the sake of this thread you can tell us were you got that from
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by dottozil: 12:50pm On May 26, 2016
cocoduck:
stop panicking and prepare our six points for us, see arsenal fans dey tell us what we should do

Am a typical die hard united fan
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by cocoduck: 12:53pm On May 26, 2016
dottozil:

Am a typical die hard united fan
no you are not!
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by Manutd19: 1:41pm On May 26, 2016
Let's get one thing straight here, no big club going through what united is going through will employ an average coach.
Barcelona could risk employing pep . They were not poor then. They had great quality players. Had Ronaldinho, Puyol, Abidal, xavi, Eto, with very good talented young players in Messi, iniesta. They had just one team to compete with (Real Madrid). They almost employed Mourinho sef, but they were in a great position to risked pep. Same with madrid with zidane. Have ronaldo, marcelo, bale, james, kroos, benzema etc...and even d president wanted mourinho(he rejected) before opting for zidane.
Man united is in deep shit, short of quality players, keeper winning best player 3 year in a row, no champe to attract players, shit style of football e.t.c. Any manager not named mourinho, pep, ancelloti, simeone, might melt and sink d club more. Above all things, the winning is the most important thing now. Every other thing is already down. No playing identity, no attraction, no european football.......
You must be joking thinking Giggs can do the job. If it was the 2008-2012 team, maybe not this present united team. Do you think Zidane & luis enrique are better than an average epl manager? They have a great team in a league with less competition.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by cocoduck: 2:06pm On May 26, 2016
Manutd19:
Let's get one thing straight here, no big club going through what united is going through will employ an average coach.
Barcelona could risk employing pep . They were not poor then. They had great quality players. Had Ronaldinho, Puyol, Abidal, xavi, Eto, with very good talented young players in Messi, iniesta. They had just one team to compete with (Real Madrid). They almost employed Mourinho sef, but they were in a great position to risked pep. Same with madrid with zidane. Have ronaldo, marcelo, bale, james, kroos, benzema etc...and even d president wanted mourinho(he rejected) before opting for zidane.
Man united is in deep shit, short of quality players, keeper winning best player 3 year in a row, no champe to attract players, shit style of football e.t.c. Any manager not named mourinho, pep, ancelloti, simeone, might melt and sink d club more. Above all things, the winning is the most important thing now. Every other thing is already down. No playing identity, no attraction, no european football.......
You must be joking thinking Giggs can do the job. If it was the 2008-2012 team, maybe not this present united team. Do you think Zidane & luis enrique are better than an average epl manager? They have a great team in a league with less competition.
no mind these people, they are assAnal, cheshit and manshitty fans in panic mode
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by cocoduck: 2:09pm On May 26, 2016
dottozil:

lol, am so surprised about were you got your own news about Ferguson wanting mourinho as his successor, No TV news or news paper said that the only thing we heard is that fergunson himself hand picked Moyes. For the sake of this thread you can tell us were you got that from
mais voila! you are not a red devil, because if you were, you would have known this. It was on the lips of every red devil worldwide.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by dottozil: 2:16pm On May 26, 2016
Manutd19:

do u tink hiring mourinho guarantess success, even the board of directors at man united are confused about hiring him, let us just hope he will be a success
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by lifeisgood(m): 2:53pm On May 26, 2016
cocoduck:
no mind these people, they are assAnal, cheshit and manshitty fans in panic mode

Guys,lets not take this personal...i only wanted us to deliberate and not insult ourselves.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by cocoduck: 3:08pm On May 26, 2016
dottozil:

do u tink hiring mourinho guarantess success, even the board of directors at man united are confused about hiring him, let us just hope he will be a success
shh they were not in confusion, LVG was given a chance to see if he will take man united to champions league, but all we got is "your expectations are too high" please GTFOH.
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by dottozil: 3:12pm On May 26, 2016
cocoduck:
koeman is not good enough, giggs should try his hands in smaller clubs first before taking on man united. He should have some coaching experience first, look at seedorf, did he do anything in ac Milan? what about is it fillipo inzaghi , they should start small first.

Success is not about appointing a big name manager is about appointing the right manager
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by cocoduck: 3:47pm On May 26, 2016
dottozil:

Success is not about appointing a big name manager is about appointing the right manager
that was the same thing people said when we appointed Moyes. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by dottozil: 3:51pm On May 26, 2016
cocoduck:
that was the same thing people said when we appointed Moyes. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

cos people said it during Moyes does that makes it a lie
Re: ''fans Excited About Jose Mourinho Aren't True Manchester United Fans'' by cocoduck: 4:14pm On May 26, 2016
dottozil:

cos people said it during Moyes does that makes it a lie
asAnal Fan prepare our six points for us oooo!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Premier League And La Liga Fixture Schedule For This Weekend / D'tigers Through To The Final / Venus And Serena Williams Back In 1990

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.