Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries (58645 Views)

Nigeria & Ecuador Sign Visa Free Deal Plus 45 Other Countries / Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries. Pic / Nigerians To Travel To 8 Countries Without Visa (minister Of Foreign Affairs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by lezz(m): 9:54am On May 26, 2016
CSTR6:
The west is not your problem. Look at how the west developed japan and korea. Is it a crime if Nigeria becomes another korea?
Your leaders hide their uselessness under the toga of anti western rhetorics and people like you gobble it up.
I can assure you that in a million years, you would not be able to confront or challenge the west, so you better learn how to elect leaders that are smart enough to leverage western developmental technologies and policies for african development.
Japan and korea for example has handed over their national defences to the control of the united states in return for large american investments. The US gets allies and a sure foothold in south-east asia against communist china, while the japanese and koreans gets western aided economic development and western level prosperity in return, and i am sure their well-fed, prosperous citizens have not regretted it ever since.
Hating the west is madness. The most prosperous nations in the world are either western nations or proped up by the west.

[b]And did the West develop China and Russia ?

And the West is going down by the way. In the next 50 years, Japan, France, UK, Germany and Italy are loosing their global economic positions.

Africa needs to break ties with the West as she will never get substantial development from them.

Our leaders are ineffective alright but the West has never meant well for Africa. From IMF and world bank are tools of economic subjugation and the ICJ are used to bully African leaders when 1/3 of recent American Presidents should be tried for act of terrorism and aggression.

Africa should go the China way, not become a Western puppet. Work with other countries with tact and smarts like China, Cuba, Indonesia, India and Russia.

We are more likely to gain technological help from these countries than from any Western country.

And Japan did not "surrender" its military or defence to America in exchange of development.

All aggressors of the 2nd world war were technically prohibited from having a substantial army, eg. Germany and Japan.

America occupied Japan and after her defeat like Russia and the West accupied Germany. And America seized the opportunity to build a military base there.

I am sure you're cognisant with the endless rapes by American soldiers of teenage girls and women in Japan?

And the mass protests by the locals for America to remove her troops?

Africa will never rise with the servant-master relationship she currently has with the West.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by vague: 10:20am On May 26, 2016
BeastAmbition:
When will nigeria start having visa-free pact with country like England, Holland, U.S.A, and lot.
when fish start climbing trees
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by preciousMI1(f): 11:08am On May 26, 2016
ochilikoko:
Mozambique,Niger,Thaiti,Afghanistan,Haiti and Chad. Buhari is working
it should be buhari is WALKING not Working.... lmao
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by iamord(m): 11:27am On May 26, 2016
Lol.. Funny.. Ghana implemented this some months back which sparked outrage amongst some Nigerians.. Which was a case of common sense not being common. Now you are doing the same thing. Smh
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by horllyz: 11:48am On May 26, 2016
Our minister of foreign affairs who has come out with the good news didnt mention anything like Islam...please let it always constructive ones if u must criticize and let go of comments beclouded with ur religious views
royal231:
I swear na only islamic countries... why dem no gree release the names
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by judondasylva(m): 12:16pm On May 26, 2016
more promises no name of the countries so wats the essence of the news
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by LeSudAfricaine: 3:06pm On May 26, 2016
Litmus:
Unified Africa my backside, people from Ghana, Senegal,Cameroon, Malawi, South Africa somasult with joy whenever bad things happen to Nigeria and Nigerians. Why are Nigerians so forgiving even?. left to me, we'd be out of that ECOWAS nonsense. Nigeria need to wake up!
Correction. We South Africans don't really give much of a flying fvck what happens in Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by timpaker(m): 3:49pm On May 26, 2016
if South Africa is not there then i'm not interested. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 26, 2016
BeastAmbition:
When will nigeria start having visa-free pact with country like England, Holland, U.S.A, and lot.
The very time your country men will stop sham marriages, fraud, scam, working with visit visa, pushing drug, prostitution, etc

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by mbano(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2016
Name the countries. instead of speculations.
Meanwhile I need information on Zimbabwe. Has anyone visited recently?
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by OohLalah(f): 5:18pm On May 26, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
Correction. We South Africans don't really give much of a flying fvck what happens in Nigeria

Lol! Someone's feeling funky! cheesy Nigerians and their feelings of self importance. cheesy
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by OohLalah(f): 5:25pm On May 26, 2016
timpaker:

Forget SA, if we could send back the Nigerians already here we would, opening a flood gate will never happen especially for Nigeria. Your government is quick to threaten, recall it's embassodorial outfit and influence other countries to attack us. Unfortunately for them no one ever goes with them and are force to comeback on their knees and lie about misunderstandings. You people are too emotional.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by LeSudAfricaine: 5:37pm On May 26, 2016
OohLalah:

Lol! Someone's feeling funky! cheesy Nigerians and their feelings of self importance. cheesy
gringrin yoh you can say that again. We don't even mention them much on South African forums but check how always it's South África this South African that!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by OohLalah(f): 5:45pm On May 26, 2016
LeSudAfricaine:
gringrin yoh you can say that again. We don't even mention them much on South African forums but check how always it's South África this South African that!

I tell ya! Frankly we dont give a dammmn but if they are nursing funky ideas of getting visa free agreements with us? They are on a long thing as they say. cheesy

We are already up to our neck with their influx without a free visa, imagine with one? Never!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by Ugosample(m): 9:39pm On May 26, 2016
mmsen:

Germany has a birth rate below replacement levels and is without a military of any note - they rely on the Americans for their military needs who keep bases all over their nation.

It is the Americans who are supreme, not Western nations. Western nations kow-tow to the Americans. When the Americans wanted to go to war in Iraq and the Europeans said that it was wrong did their words count for anything? No. Because no one cares what the Europeans say or think. Likewise with China. The EU routinely complains about Chinese trade practices but their words count for nothing.
So stop saying 'Western nations' have power when they do not. The Americans have a military that gives them power but the EU, Australia and Canada are all firmly in check. They are irrelevant.

To be clear every empire eventually falls and that can only happen if people fight and contest their hegemony. You are clearly a coward, a proud one at that and no society needs characters such as you.

Okay I am back.

First of all, from what you have wrote up there, you have a rudimentary understanding of how the world operates.
With that said, Germany has a military, it's just that they are constrained a bit, to homeland defense only, and this is due to the fallout from world war 2. Japan is in a similar corner.

Second, if America is so supreme, why is there a NATO?
And whether you like it or not, the West still have a strong economic grip on this world too, and are leaders in research and development, science and other fields.
China is copy and paste without innovation, and if you think otherwise, then you must be indeed ignorant.
Why do Chinese students still have to run abroad to study in droves?

Mess with one European country (Western) and see what will become of you and your own country.

You also mentioned something about receding population. As an economist, I'll tell you that yes indeed it is an issue, but it is not a big issue compared to overpopulation with many of them being economic deadweight.
As long as they continue to attract skilled workers from the world over, they would be fine.

And as for you calling me coward, I have no response to that, because you don't even know anything.

True all empires crack one day, But is it Africa that would crack this one? Or is it China
What do you want to challenge?

Anyways, I can see you are Anti West, which is not a problem, but thinking that they would be toppled soon is just wishful thinking.
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by Ugosample(m): 9:46pm On May 26, 2016
lezz:

[b]And did the West develop China and Russia ?

And the West is going down by the way. In the next 50 years, Japan, France, UK, Germany and Italy are loosing their global economic positions.

Africa needs to break ties with the West as she will never get substantial development from them.

Our leaders are ineffective alright but the West has never meant well for Africa. From IMF and world bank are tools of economic subjugation and the ICJ are used to bully African leaders when 1/3 of recent American Presidents should be tried for act of terrorism and aggression.

Africa should go the China way, not become a Western puppet. Work with other countries with tact and smarts like China, Cuba, Indonesia, India and Russia.

We are more likely to gain technological help from these countries than from any Western country.

And Japan did not "surrender" its military or defence to America in exchange of development.

All aggressors of the 2nd world war were technically prohibited from having a substantial army, eg. Germany and Japan.

America occupied Japan and after her defeat like Russia and the West accupied Germany. And America seized the opportunity to build a military base there.

I am sure you're cognisant with the endless rapes by American soldiers of teenage girls and women in Japan?

And the mass protests by the locals for America to remove her troops?

Africa will never rise with the servant-master relationship she currently has with the West.[/b]

You have made some points,, but Africa MUST not go the China way. Africa should go the AFRICAN way.
The problems we always have is that we use western economic models which does not help us much.
Developing home grown models is the only way out.

And besides, your talk of World Bank/IMF is not entirely correct too.
IMF imposes the same conditions worldwide.
You cannot borrow money from IMF to pay subsidy or something like that. You have to use the money for productive stuff, and that is why Greece is in hot soup today. Greece is a European country, but go and see the conditions and austerity they have to swallow.
If not that Greece used Euro, they would have been told to devalue as well.
So don't make it look like it's only Africa that they target.
Also look at south Korea too
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by lezz(m): 10:02pm On May 26, 2016
Ugosample:

You have made some points,, but Africa MUST not go the China way. Africa should go the AFRICAN way.
The problems we always have is that we use western economic models which does not help us much.
Developing home grown models is the only way out.

And besides, your talk of World Bank/IMF is not entirely correct too.
IMF imposes the same conditions worldwide.
You cannot borrow money from IMF to pay subsidy or something like that. You have to use the money for productive stuff, and that is why Greece is in hot soup today. Greece is a European country, but go and see the conditions and austerity they have to swallow.
If not that Greece used Euro, they would have been told to devalue as well.
So don't make it look like it's only Africa that they target.
Also look at south Korea too
Nice point.

IMF and World bank both of which are controlled by US and France have economic theories based on Western principles like you said.

These institutions aren't just creditors or lenders. They impose conditions before granting loans, and most times, these loans are economic impositions after the economic models of the West.
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by lezz(m): 10:07pm On May 26, 2016
OohLalah:

South Africa with their misplaced self-appraisal.
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by lezz(m): 10:12pm On May 26, 2016
OohLalah:

I tell ya! Frankly we dont give a dammmn but if they are nursing funky ideas of getting visa free agreements with us? They are on a long thing as they say. cheesy

We are already up to our neck with their influx without a free visa, imagine with one? Never!

If south African government didn't officially ask for help from Nigerian government in 1994 to send professionals to fill in area of expertise you Zulus have no knowledge about, there won't be "influx".

Till today, the average Zulu or Xhosa or Bantu is unemployable. Thank the foreigners, you blind girl with a twisted, miscalculated sense of false importance.

Orue!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 26, 2016
timpaker:
South Africa & Egypt will be among but, it isn't going to be for economic migrant but instead, for reputable businessmen like Dangote, Jim Ovia, Elumelu, Otedola, Igbinedion & Others
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by OohLalah(f): 10:49pm On May 26, 2016
lezz:

If south African government didn't officially ask for help from Nigerian government in 1994 to send professionals to fill in area of expertise you Zulus have no knowledge about, there won't be "influx".

Till today, the average Zulu or Xhosa or Bantu is unemployable. Thank the foreigners, you blind girl with a twisted, miscalculated sense of false importance.

Orue!!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy hit a nerve! Story time! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by timpaker(m): 10:52pm On May 26, 2016
fados4sure:

South Africa & Egypt will be among but, it isn't going to be for economic migrant but instead, for reputable businessmen like Dangote, Jim Ovia, Elumelu, Otedola, Igbinedion & Others

Well, I'm among the "others". cool

It's kind stressful getting visa to SA without using Official or Diplomatic passports. And those dudes processing visas at Wuse 2 are very rude even with Note verbale.
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by lezz(m): 10:52pm On May 26, 2016
OohLalah:

cheesy cheesy cheesy hit a nerve! Story time! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Delusionary escapist!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by OohLalah(f): 10:58pm On May 26, 2016
lezz:
Delusionary escapist!

Perfect description of yourself. Actually Nigerians at large!
Now phuck-off! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by lezz(m): 11:02pm On May 26, 2016
OohLalah:

Perfect description of yourself. Actually Nigerians at large!
Now phuck-off! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Rape-conformist!!! grin

Aren't you that naija pïmp's courier? grin grin grin

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by mmsen: 12:23am On May 27, 2016
Ugosample:

Okay I am back.

First of all, from what you have wrote up there, you have a rudimentary understanding of how the world operates.
With that said, Germany has a military, it's just that they are constrained a bit, to homeland defense only, and this is due to the fallout from world war 2. Japan is in a similar corner.

Second, if America is so supreme, why is there a NATO?
And whether you like it or not, the West still have a strong economic grip on this world too, and are leaders in research and development, science and other fields.
China is copy and paste without innovation, and if you think otherwise, then you must be indeed ignorant.
Why do Chinese students still have to run abroad to study in droves?

Mess with one European country (Western) and see what will become of you and your own country.

You also mentioned something about receding population. As an economist, I'll tell you that yes indeed it is an issue, but it is not a big issue compared to overpopulation with many of them being economic deadweight.
As long as they continue to attract skilled workers from the world over, they would be fine.

And as for you calling me coward, I have no response to that, because you don't even know anything.

True all empires crack one day, But is it Africa that would crack this one? Or is it China
What do you want to challenge?

Anyways, I can see you are Anti West, which is not a problem, but thinking that they would be toppled soon is just wishful thinking.

America rules the roost - not 'Western nations'. NATO is powerless, what did they do in Libya? How have the dealt with Syria? It exists to give the impression of a democratic institution. The reality is that the Americans will ignore NATO at will, just as America and China ignore the WTO at will. They make the smaller, cowardly nations feel as though they have a say. The reality is that power is what makes right in this world not logic or reason. America spends more on its military than the whole of the EU so how can you say that they are in any way equal powers? The EU nations have no power, even as a trading bloc they are fragmented and they have no military to speak of.

Currently the Brits are upset with the Americans because some Brits wish to leave the EU and America is making threats that if they leave there will be less reason to deal with them. Those are not the words of a unified bloc. There is no Western consensus, just America and its wishes, the Europeans, the Canadians and Australians are simply to weak and cowardly to do anything about it.

The Chinese are building military strength to go with the economic might that they now enjoy. It is silly to preach cowardice as you are doing, irresponsible too. But you seem happy in your state of slavery so enjoy it.

And why would anyone be pro-Western? The Europeans have been the most destructive force that this world has ever seen. They plunged the world into two world wars, have destroyed the natural habitats of countless species of animals and are currently responsible for the mess in the Middle East, besides the Israel/Palestine disaster that they instituted.
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by 14(m): 2:59am On May 27, 2016
OohLalah:

50m Nigerians would be flocking down South, and at a later stage they will be demanding to VOTE and say SA is making lots of money in Nigeria via MTN. Majority of Nigerians already queuing in Marabastad in Pretoria for Asylum seeker papers, last time I checked, there was no war in Nigeria. We already having problems with the influx of economic migrants from all over AFRICA. South Africa will never think twice about that deal, it wont happen in the next 50yrs.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by Ugosample(m): 9:21am On May 27, 2016
mmsen:

America rules the roost - not 'Western nations'. NATO is powerless, what did they do in Libya? How have the dealt with Syria? It exists to give the impression of a democratic institution. The reality is that the Americans will ignore NATO at will, just as America and China ignore the WTO at will. They make the smaller, cowardly nations feel as though they have a say. The reality is that power is what makes right in this world not logic or reason. America spends more on its military than the whole of the EU so how can you say that they are in any way equal powers? The EU nations have no power, even as a trading bloc they are fragmented and they have no military to speak of.

Currently the Brits are upset with the Americans because some Brits wish to leave the EU and America is making threats that if they leave there will be less reason to deal with them. Those are not the words of a unified bloc. There is no Western consensus, just America and its wishes, the Europeans, the Canadians and Australians are simply to weak and cowardly to do anything about it.

The Chinese are building military strength to go with the economic might that they now enjoy. It is silly to preach cowardice as you are doing, irresponsible too. But you seem happy in your state of slavery so enjoy it.

And why would anyone be pro-Western? The Europeans have been the most destructive force that this world has ever seen. They plunged the world into two world wars, have destroyed the natural habitats of countless species of animals and are currently responsible for the mess in the Middle East, besides the Israel/Palestine disaster that they instituted.

Lol!!!!!!!!! Other European countries are powerless? We're war against one and see what happens to you
Economy wise they are still far ahead, technology wise they are still far ahead too. All that one you are talking of military power is story because even as individual countries, they cannot be attacked, I have seen their individual military capabilities, and I kid you not, China is no match, and Russia comes just close.

China's economy is a bubble that can be crushed easily, though as the years go by, they get a lil stronger. They were kuxjy Romney did not win in2012 because if he did, he promised to label China a currency manipulator, and any country labelled a currency manipulating country is in hot soup. Even the military capabilities of China is there, but it doesn't match the U.S./France yet.

I an not preaching cowarsixw, i am just telking you as it is. Vut because if your hate for the West, you cannot see it.

Abd that takk of Eurooe being the most destructive force, bla bla bla, that onetoo is story, because first, the Arab countries are the ones responsible for the woesPalestine face today, and their leaders are not smart either e.g.. Saddam Hussein

They fought two world wars, and so?

Didn't Arabs were wars in Africa, castrate slaves, impose their religion and committed ethnic cleansing?

And just to be clear, I am not pro west or anti west, I can care less of what happens to them, but am just saying things the way they are.

So how do you think China will topple the Western Hegemony? So you see that happening soon?
Or you think it is Africa that would do so? A continent full with clannish and short sighted people?

Tell me how you think the "empire" will collapse, as for me, I know that it's only when they press that self destruct button, that their grip would decline.
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by Ugosample(m): 1:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
So they have not signed their visa free pact till now
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by Ussyberry(m): 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ugosample:
So they have not signed their visa free pact till now

I tire oh!
Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by flistyl(m): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2016
ashmanpolo:

If they try this one eh, Nigeria's population will be less than 100k

i tell you, naija in become ghost nation

Re: Nigeria To Sign Visa-free Pact With 8 Countries by ovysquare(f): 11:08pm On Nov 28, 2016
Ghana, Ivory Coast, Senegal has been visa free since.....
Keneking:
Really wish it can be the following States:

- South Africa
- Kenya
- Algeria
- Senegal
- Ivory Coast
- Ghana
- Angola
- Ethiopia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander On A First Class Train From Lagos To Minna / Emirates Airline Celebrates The April Fool's Day With This Insane Jet / The Final Moments Before A Plane Crashed In South Africa (Graphic Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.