Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,415 members, 7,812,224 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' (2722 Views)

The Shame Called Nigerian Embassy In Johannesburg, SA / The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Nigerian Took Overdose To Avoid Deportation From The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by vikiviko(m): 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2009
Only recently no fewer than 67 Nigerians were deported from Madrid, the Spanish capital for alleged sundry immigration offenses.

Some of the deportees  who wore long faces as they alighted from a chartered Air Europa aircraft that flew them into the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Ikeja, Lagos, narrated how they were dehumanised in detention camp in Spain for about two years before Nigerian authorities arranged with the government of Spain to return them to their native land.

This batch of deportees mainly young men in their 20s narrated how they were brutalised in the detention camp for about two years with assurance from the Nigerian consular they will be interviewed and integrated into the Spanish cities, until they suddenly realised they were taken to the airport for deportation.

Most of them were carrying dreadlocks, as their hair was brown and unkempt, ample evidence that they have not been properly taken care of.

The question is was what did the embassy do in 2years that these Nigerians were being detained in camps, ?

Quoting one J.Omotayo who lives in Spain about the embassy's corrupt activities,

"Thanks to every body who comments on this issues, let me tell u, i am living in Spain, u don't have to blame our citizen at all but u will blame the so call consular of Nigeria embassy in Spain, the man does not worth it to be a consular, do u realise they do pay embassy if a person is been deported to naija, so not all of them are criminals ok, some have a little problem which the embassy can help, but they wont help instead they will be using naija living here to make money, through any document u want to have in the embassy, i have sent so many letters to the minister in charge of foreign affairs, but they have never adjusted the measure, the embassy here can not even help there citizen when it comes to a problem, the consular does not qualify of been a consular of any country embassy, i mean the Nigeria embassy here in Madrid consular, i know him very well, they are all after money, the Spanish govt pay the consular and the Nigeria embassy on any body they deported from Spain ask the Nigeria govt if they are not aware, so pls stop blaming does guys, do u think if my father is a senator in naija after my education i will travel out, capital no, he will secure a good job for me through phone, so pls let us always pray for good leaders. thanks"

Some of the deportees who spoke to a Vanguard Newspaper reporter without giving their names expressed anxiety and fears over how they will adjust to life as they were not given any reasonable money on arrival.
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by Nobody: 3:34am On Aug 21, 2009
Na wa o. . . We need to love ourselves o! Consu-nonsense! angry angry angry
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by symbian03(m): 3:57am On Aug 21, 2009
Injustice in the world.
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by Guylan(m): 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2009
Sorry, I don't live in Spain and have no knowledge of how well the Nigerian Embassy in Spain carries out their diplomatic job. But one thing I know for sure is that the Spanish immigration policy to Nigerians is very bad. They stereotype Nigerians, irrespective of your socio-economic status. Once you are a Nigerian that uses that green Passport you are already in trouble. Spain have the history of denying Nigerians transit visa to travel to a third
country. Even Nigerians living in the South America or the Carribean can't be issued the Spanish airport transit
visa to visit their home, simply because they carry the Nigerian green passport. I think the Spanish immigration policy
to Nigerians is the problem, not the YaraDumb appointed Rep of Nigeria in Spain. Also see the yahoo thing below to understand what I mean.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Akef1VHvIkS8HD2VZHnlY0Lsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090727153301AA6b4E8

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by Nobody: 4:34am On Aug 24, 2009
how sad.
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by justwise(m): 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2009
Don't only blame the Nigerian embassy, blame those Nigerians on fake travelling document or those that engaged on other ilegal immigration activites. Embassy will not stop anybody being deported if u have fake or over stayed your visa.

We Nigerians are treated badly cos of our reputation, yes many Nigerians are decent but we have to pay the price of the few bad ones among us.

Lets stop blaming everyone else but ourselves.

Many of u here in NL advertise for all sorts of visa and passport, after giving innocent Nigerians those fake documents to travel, u expect the foreign govt or Nigerian embassy over there to fight for us.

Keep dreaming. Untill we all frown at every sight of 419/yahoo yahoo, dodgy travel agencies, etc foreign govts will keep treating us the way they wish.

1 Like

Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by Guylan(m): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2009

Keep dreaming. Untill we all frown at every sight of 419/yahoo yahoo, dodgy travel agencies, etc foreign govts will keep treating us the way they wish.

[quote][/quote]

justwise,
please understand that in as much as we Nigerians abroad are paying for the evils of the few Nigerians who mars our image, let us also lay a heavy blame on the foreign govts when they see this as an opportunity to stereotype Nigerians and violate our human rights to live in a free world.
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by MrCrackles(m): 9:58pm On Aug 24, 2009
justwise:

Don't only blame the Nigerian embassy, blame those Nigerians on fake travelling document or those that engaged on other ilegal immigration activites. Embassy will not stop anybody being deported if u have fake or over stayed your visa.
We Nigerians are treated badly cos of our reputation, yes many Nigerians are decent but we have to pay the price of the few bad ones among us.
Lets stop blaming everyone else but ourselves.
Many of u here in NL advertise for all sorts of visa and passport, after giving innocent Nigerians those fake documents to travel, u expect the foreign govt or Nigerian embassy over there to fight for us.
GBAM!
tongue
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by justwise(m): 10:10pm On Aug 24, 2009
Guylan:

justwise,
please understand that in as much as we Nigerians abroad are paying for the evils of the few Nigerians who mars our image, let us also lay a heavy blame on the foreign govts when they see this as an opportunity to stereotype Nigerians and violate our human rights to live in a free world.
I do understand your point, but unfortunitely, 'some' Nigerians have done more harm than good to our image, we can only put hands together and fight our brothers, friends, uncles and anuties who are into all those evil activities. Foreign govt will not do it for us. Many of us don't see anything wrong with be a 419ner, cos we think the oyibos steal from us.Now that is rubbish, crime is crime, no excuse for it
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by Guylan(m): 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2009
[table]
justwise:

I do understand your point, but unfortunitely, 'some' Nigerians have done more harm than good to our image,  we can only put hands together and fight our brothers, friends, uncles and anuties who are into all those evil activities. Foreign govt will not do it for us. Many of us don't see anything wrong with be a 419ner, cos we think the oyibos steal from us.Now that is rubbish, crime is crime, no excuse for it.
[/table]

Let us not only blame the 419ers, of course i condemn crimes. Let us also blame the foreign govts for stereotyping Nigerians. Just because some  Nigerians engage themselves in dubious deals doesn't necessarily mean  the foreign govts should do whatever they like to all Nigerians
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by MrCrackles(m): 11:02pm On Aug 24, 2009
Guylan:

Let us not only blame the 419ers, of course i condemn crimes. Let us also blame the foreign govts for stereotyping Nigerians. Just because some Nigerians engage themselves in dubious deals doesn't necessarily mean the foreign govts should do whatever they like to all Nigerians.
grin grin grin grin grin

You got that right. . . wink
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by VOR(m): 11:26pm On Aug 24, 2009
At the end of the day if these deportees were legitimately in Spain they would not have been
deported, unless of course they committed a criminal offence.

Exactly what did they expect the Nigerian embassy to do for them?
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by MrCrackles(m): 11:27pm On Aug 24, 2009
VOR:

At the end of the day if these deportees were legitimately in Spain they would not have been
deported, unless of course they committed a criminal offence. Exactly what did they expect the Nigerian embassy to do for them?
I wonder oo!
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by vikiviko(m): 4:41pm On Aug 25, 2009
Agreed they are Illegal Immigrants the duty of the Embassy is to smoothen there prompt deportation immediately once they are arrested not to keep them in a camp for 2years and give them false hope to integrate them into the Spanish society .

That is where the embassy got it wrong, you don't conspire with foreign governments to deport your nationals.

If Nigerians were detained in a camp for 2 years as illegal immigrants and the embassy never raised queries , then i wonder its function abilities.
Re: 'Nigerian Embassy In Spain Plotted This Deportation' by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Aug 25, 2009
vikiviko:

Agreed they are Illegal Immigrants the duty of the Embassy is to smoothen there prompt deportation immediately once they are arrested not to keep them in a camp for 2years and give them false hope to integrate them into the Spanish society .

That is where the embassy got it wrong, you don't conspire with foreign governments to deport your nationals.

If Nigerians were detained in a camp for 2 years as illegal immigrants and the embassy never raised queries , then i wonder its function abilities.

If they don't have any traveling document then its hard to know where to deport them to, many illegal immigrant got rid of their fake documents as soon as they arrived, untill any sort of national identification is proven, its hard to move on with their cases.
Many Nigerians illegal immigrants travel with other countriy's passports, making things even worst during deportation.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Really Like For Blacks (african - West Indies) In Toronto, Canada / A Thread For Students Coming To The UK: My Experience Shared / Post Beautiful Pictures Of Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.