Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

#BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? (17470 Views)

Has Buhari Arrived / Buhari At 2: We’ve Secured Nigeria From Predators — FG / Why Has Buhari Not Congratulated Anthony Joshua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2016
image: http://images.dailytrust.com.ng/cms/gall_content/2016/5/2016_5$largeimg125_May_2016_130811183.jpg

President Muhammadu Buhari’s work addressing the security challenges bedeviling the country started immediately on inauguration day on May 29 2015.

President Buhari, during the 2015 presidential campaign, derided the People Democratic Party (PDP) Administration of Goodluck Jonathan for not doing enough to check the excess of Boko Haram insurgents and other forms of crimes in the country.

In his inaugural speech, he  ordered the armed forces to immediately relocate their command and control center to Maiguri Borno State, considered  as the epicenter of insurgent activities in the North Eastern part of the country.

The president further demonstrated his commitment to campaign promises to check insecurity in the country by going on official visits to Nigeria’s contiguous countries which include Chad, Niger, Cameroun and Benin Republic to fast track agreements on a regional solutions to the insecurity in the area.

Significantly also, the president changed the leadership of the armed forces which reinvigorated the fight against the insurgents. This, in addition to the provision of military equipment, is believed to have in no small measure contributed to the successes of Nigerian armed forces have recorded in curtailing the activities of insurgents.

The president’ recent announcement that the Boko Haram group has been technically defeated evoked reactions from sectors of society with some of them pointing at the ability of the terrorist group to carry out suicide bombings and attacks in some remote areas in the north east.

However, as is evident in Operation Crackdown, a component of Operation Zaman Lafiya Dole, the Nigeria armed forces seems to have gained the upper hand in the counter insurgency operations now, carrying out daily clearance operations with reports of many insurgents killed or apprehended.

Also, large swathes of territory previously under the control of the insurgents appear to have been liberated by the military’s combined Special Forces and aerial operations. Many victims mostly women and children held captivity by the group have been rescued.

Recently, the administration’s counter insurgency efforts were boosted by the rescue of two schoolgirls who were abducted by Boko Haram 2014 in Chibok Borno State.

In spite of the work done in tackling the Boko Haram insurgents in the north east, emerging conflicts in other areas of the country, continue to threaten public peace and security in the country.

The government, it seems ,is obviously grasping with the aggressive resurgence of the farmers and cattle herders clashes in many communities across the north central states in the country.

Also another big challenge for the government is the renewed agitation for the division of Nigeria by separist groups in the south eastern part of the country like Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) and the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB.)

Another clear and present danger pertaining to the security of the country is the resurfacing of militancy in the South South part of the country with Niger Delta Avengers becoming infamous for attacking and blowing up infrastructures in the petroleum downstream sector.

Many have wondered if President Muhammadu Buhari score card in fighting insecurity in the country can be said to be in the excellent, good, pass, average or poor category.

Tell us what you think about Buhari’s performance in security in the last one year using the hash tag #BuhariOneYearLater

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/-buharioneyearlater-how-far-has-buhari-secured-nigeria/148325.html#fw6CwGcvKUKrzxvQ.99

Chief Moderators(Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44), Proud Wailers, Dignified Zombies, Amiable 5%(percenters), Honourable Members Of 97%(percenters) & IPOB's. In your own thought or point of view, how has PMB secured Nigeria so far? Air You Views

4 Likes

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by madridguy(m): 1:38pm On May 25, 2016
Boko Haram remains our greatest threat. MASSOB, IPOB and Niger Delta Avengers are visible and I am sure with time the federal government will sort them out.

So far, President Muhammadu Buhari score card in fighting insecurity is good and not excellent.

SAI BUHARI, YOU WERE VOTED IN BEFORE WE BELIEVE YOU CAN DO BETTER.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by Mayor38(m): 1:42pm On May 25, 2016
Make I book space... If e enter FP I GO COMMENT
Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by eazisky(m): 1:45pm On May 25, 2016
After one year......

Thanks to Buhari for scamming Nigerians

Thanks to buhari for worsening the situation u took over from d clueless one

Thanks to buhari for all d failed and opposite promises

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by NwaNimo1(m): 2:27pm On May 25, 2016
Many have wondered if President Muhammadu Buhari score card in fighting insecurity in the country can be said to be in the:

-Excellent,
-Good,
-Pass,
-Average
-Poor

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by Seeeeeeee: 2:28pm On May 25, 2016
He only secure's the fulani herdsmen.

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by riczy(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2016
Read n summarized DT tin for me pls
Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by 9jawikileaks(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2016
Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by amclimax(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2016
Na only God go fit judge buhari.... Cuz if swear dey kill persin baba for don die since.....

If the first year is like this, guess how the remaining years will be like.....make I no even think am cuz na disaster #GOD_forbid bad thing

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 25, 2016
A rhetoric question deserves no answer.

2 Likes

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by Firefire(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2016
embarassed

Buhary do not need to fight Boko Haram, he already talked to their promoters up North.

The remaining pockets of terrorists are the brainwashed extremist who have not yet view/watch 'SheCow' surrender.

Btw: Boko Haram is an ideology, promoted for selfish interest by Nigerian politicians, hijacked by foreign terrorist organization, party and government.

I am very sure, Nigeria will be peaceful again.

God bless Nigeria.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by ThePlumbers(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2016
There is no gainsaying the fact that the Nigerian economy is in a complete comatose, the prices of goods, especially the consumables are hitting the roofs, the country’s currency is nose diving to its lowest ebb in history, couple with the Niger Delta menace of incessant bombing and witting destruction of pipelines and oil plants. The Nigerian state is grappling with too much at the moment and the side effect is falling on the citizenry. I am a pro Buhari, I was one of the change chanters during the elections, and I supported him with all my breath because I thought he was incorruptible. I believe in his method and idiosyncrasies of governance, but it seems to me that the change we cried for is rather becoming a malediction rather than blessing, at least, at the moment. I have seen and experienced so many ups and downs in my life but this latest set of circumstances really beat them up hands down.

Should I just believe what an elderly man told me recently? He put it like this, “Change is coming to Nigeria, but we must be patient. We will first experience the worst before the best can show up. The current economic situation of the country is a price we must all pay to get to the promise land. The suffering will pass and blessings will illuminate afterwards”

We must also agree that the present admiration met a shambled economy. Oil which is our major, if not the only income generating commodity has lost more than 75% percent of its value. The past administration milked us dry, looted us to the bones, and left us with an empty treasury. But in all that, I am just like every other Nigerian-always looking for whom to blame for our woes. If Buhari will take all the praises for fighting corruption, he should equally be blamed when the economy is going down to the core of the earth. And while I blame the president and his rigid approach to governance, I still stand by him 100% to take us to our Canaan land and restore the country’s lost glory. I still see him becoming a martyr and the Lee Kwan Yun of Africa.

In the meantime, I will just pick my wrench and get back to my plumbing work.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by bright007(f): 2:29pm On May 25, 2016
Buhari also known as the Minister of inflation has worsened the social/ecomomic condition of this country since he took over. The boko haram we knew yesterday have now become the AK-47 armed herdsmen of today, killing at will wherever they tread.

Not forgetting the renewed attacks in the Niger delta which has crippled our economy.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by Firefire(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2016
eazisky:
After one year......

Thanks to Buhari for scamming Nigerians

Thanks to buhari for worsening the situation u took over from d clueless one

Thanks to buhari for all d failed and opposite promises

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by Roon9(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2016
Buhari want to finish Nigerians with hunger, nothing hurts me more than the garri price hike. Choi, these days me n ma guy wud soak it over nyt...before e go reach us soak cry

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by ChappyChase: 2:30pm On May 25, 2016
Oga OP you no here sey BH boys don occupy three communities for bornu, abi na the movie wey them dey shoot for Niger Delta titled Avengers!!!!! Or na him kinsmen wey don turn Benue to game reserve!!!!
I swear I go piss for any body head wey come here come hail this clueless government!

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by godoluwa(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2016
WORST

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by Ucheosefoh(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2016
Security scoreboard for buhari is low NDA, Fulani and lastly boko haram. could have use boko haram to brag but these guys had other plan they just attack and rubbish the technically defend slogan by APC

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by Roon9(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2016
bright007:
k

Hey baby, space booking busted grin
Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 25, 2016
On the scale of 1 to 10, I think buhari scores 1 which is the lowest

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by igboboy3(m): 2:31pm On May 25, 2016
On security, he has done fairly well. The scourge of BH seems to have reduced

On fighting corruption, at least he has the will. Let me ignore how biased and undemocratic the fight has been.

On the economy, zero. The economy will constitute 70% of a fair assessment of Buhari. We were driving a rickety car with PDP, but Baba wants to push the car inside the river

On inclusiveness and democratic principles, zero

Meanwhile, a bill to increase the jurisdiction of Sharia courts in Nigeria has passed second reading in the HOR. Some of these Reps only exist to pursue a religious/ ethnic agenda.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by rapistbuhari: 2:31pm On May 25, 2016
Buhari remains a huge flop and a monumental disgrace to

23 Likes

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by kurt09(m): 2:31pm On May 25, 2016
5% 97%
Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by bigerboy200: 2:31pm On May 25, 2016
Wailers will piss on this thread...
Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by osjoshua(m): 2:31pm On May 25, 2016
buhari met Nigeria secured 25% out of 100%, and then the cow rearer seeing everyone like one of his cows dropped it to 5% in just 1yr kpere....
if na 2yrs nkor...(-30%)
or 4yrs....people go don die finish

The thunder that will fire buhari is still in the Gym..

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by emmyw(m): 2:31pm On May 25, 2016
No One Will Blame Or Be Angry At Anyone That's Doing His/Her Job Well, Almost 90% Of Nigerians Will Agree With Me That Buhari Is Not Doing Anything To Help This Failing State, I Belong To No Party(APC or PDP), What Does It Really Take To Be A Good Leader? Someone Should Just Tell Me That Mr President Is Not Sleeping In His Office? It Would Have Been Better That No One Nominated Him As The President, The Worst Part Is That Some People Are Still Blind In This Failing State, Any Little Thing They Start Telling You Rubbish About The Past Administration, Is This How We Are Gonna Move Forward? Some People Will Never Stop Comparing APC With PDP(Which Is Never A Solution To Our Problem). If You Can Afford Car, just Know It That Some People Can't Eat 2 Meals Daily, 1 Is Even From Hand To Mouth.
NOTE: Am Not Here To Argue With Anyone, So Don't Quote Me If You Don't Have Anything Reasonable To Say, I Pray God Will Help All Of Us All.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by DickDastardly(m): 2:31pm On May 25, 2016
angry
Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by Samunique(m): 2:32pm On May 25, 2016
Well, in fighting BH i would said he did reasonably well if not for his undue sympathy for, and silence over fulani herders menace and their wanton destruction of lives and properties going on in Nigeria daily which is looking like systematic spread of bokoharam terror activities into other regions of the country in the name of herdsmen and our C in C has tactically and suspiciously shifted ground and doing noting about it for reasons only known to him.

And more worrisome is his lack of diplomatic approach to some sensitive national and ethnic issues which has caused unprecedented divisions of the citizenry, hence the rise of different militia groups threatening the unity and the existence of the country.

Having said this, i think he hasn't done well going by the hype given to him before coming to power.

He needs to rid himself of some sycophants around him who always make him the invincible one and be more diplomatic rather than the use of force in handling some national and ethnic issues threatening the national unity.
Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by anonimi: 2:32pm On May 25, 2016
Very badly.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by MadCow1: 2:32pm On May 25, 2016
Quite well so far
Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by olapluto(m): 2:32pm On May 25, 2016
With all sincerity, Buhari has almost quenched all the major security problems he met.
1. Boko Haram is now confined to a small area inside sambisa.
2. No bomb blasts like before
3. Chibok girl found

The ones that are just coming up during his tenure, he hasnt really handled them as I would have expected. e.g Fulani and ND Avengers. Buhari has to do major reforms on the police force, and only then can there be a real change. For now, he is patching things.

2 Likes

Re: #BuhariOneYearLater: How Far Has Buhari Secured Nigeria? by fejikudz(m): 2:32pm On May 25, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Case: Justice Abang Removes Self / Boko Haram Wants To Dialogue With Fg / A Letter To Nigerians In Diaspora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.