Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,375 members, 7,861,032 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:30 PM

The Super Cheap Onions! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Super Cheap Onions! (705 Views)

Russia 2018: Buhari Congratulates The Super Eagles Over Their Victory / Photo Of Saraki After The Super Eagles Victory / The Super Tribe Of Nigeria(yoruba Nd Igbo)a Mmust Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Super Cheap Onions! by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 26, 2016
i see many people blaming buhari for tomato scarcity! I even saw some posts saying there was tuta absoluta last year, although the person didnt bring any proof or references, but people believe him anyway!
Cos they believe what they want to.

The question i want to ask is, who do we blame for the supercheap onions or carrots or water melons?
The onions are so cheap, its almost free. Someone please tell me. Why so much emphasis on tomato?
Re: The Super Cheap Onions! by mikolo80: 6:30pm On May 26, 2016
carry onion only do soup na
Re: The Super Cheap Onions! by scribble: 6:35pm On May 26, 2016
Zombie and onions like 5 and 6

1 Like

Re: The Super Cheap Onions! by rose54321: 6:37pm On May 26, 2016
Firstly, the quantity and frequency of usage, there's hardly an household in Nigeria that doesn't require tomatoes. The demand is always high.
When supply doesn't meet demand, there will be scarcity and higher prices.

Onions, water melons and the other items you listed have a lower demand. They are readily available and so the lower price.

The availability of the latter items is normal, the scarcity of tomato is abnormal, hence the complain.
Re: The Super Cheap Onions! by overhypedsteve(m): 7:10pm On May 26, 2016
scribble:
Zombie and onions like 5 and 6
crase dun do you before, I swear. But why things just cost Na? I just went to buy indomie oriental I used to buy for 1600 before it became 2k and now it is 2150 which kind life be this Na? I nor support anybody again ABEG make una remove tears from naija people eyes. The national moral is at its lowest right now that people stare at the Nigerian flag in anger and regret. Thank you buhari we ve seen the change we wished for.
Re: The Super Cheap Onions! by scribble: 1:10pm On May 27, 2016
overhypedsteve:
crase dun do you before, I swear. But why things just cost Na? I just went to buy indomie oriental I used to buy for 1600 before it became 2k and now it is 2150 which kind life be this Na? I nor support anybody again ABEG make una remove tears from naija people eyes. The national moral is at its lowest right now that people stare at the Nigerian flag in anger and regret. Thank you buhari we ve seen the change we wished for.

I dey France right now so na for Internet I dey experience the naija wahala

I been warned peeps about bubu. Dem no hia

(1) (Reply)

Naf Jets Just Spotted In The Skies Of Port Harcourt / INEC Issues Certificate Of Return To Uche Ogah As The Governor Of Abia State / BREAKING!!! Again, Aisha Buhari Cancels Planned Visit To US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.