Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers (34241 Views)

President Muhammadu Buhari Has Concluded Plans To Change Ministers/aides / Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers – Buhari / Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by engrhorla(m): 9:50am On May 27, 2016
peter1994:
The question i am willing to answer is
TELL ME if I should resign

Bwahahahahahaha
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by rodimus(m): 9:51am On May 27, 2016
greatgod2012:
lol

Did the president actually ask this question? If yes, I'm afraid, this present administration is directionless.

Your assertion is most interesting. why would say such without giving reasons why. I bet loads of people on this platform disagree with you,hence my curiosity of why you think buhari is directionless.
.......curious bystander.......
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by nodullin(m): 9:51am On May 27, 2016
Buhari please change yourself first... You are seriously under performing and from the look of things you don't understand "economics".

Then you change the following>
Minister of Petroleum-- Failed ministry. #numerous issues with petroleum since coming into power#
Minister of Information-- Failed ministry. #blaabing all the time#
Minister of Agriculture-- That guy doesn't know Jack about agricultural policies.
Minister of Science and Tech- Promising toothpick production in next 2years #is he not a JOKER!!!

Minister of Power-- #just give him sometime; even though the power generation has sincerely collapsed since this administration took over.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by engrhorla(m): 9:53am On May 27, 2016
Kondomatic:
He still blamed Jonathan.

Sometimes I do wonder of he thinks that Jonathan is Aisha's spiritual husband

Chei God!

Naija with bad mouth

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by anonimi: 9:54am On May 27, 2016
DaBullIT:
There are ministers for a reason

The President can only do so much

The only reason Buhari has ministers is for them to make NOISE, not so
From the horse's mouth =>

President Muhammadu Buhari has again defended his delay in composing his ministerial cabinet, saying civil servants and technocrats are more involved in the process of governance than ministers, who are only there to “make a lot of noise”.

Buhari was speaking on Wednesday in an interview with French television station, France 24.

Asked if the absence of a finance minister was affecting the Nigerian capital market and economy, Buhari said: “No. It is what we know –and which we learnt from the western system. The civil service provides the continuity, the technocrat. And in any case, they are those that do most of the work.

“The ministers are there, I think, to make a lot of noise; for the politicians to make a lot of noise. But the work is being done by the technocrats. They are there; they have to provide the continuity, dig into the records and then guide us, [those of us] who are just coming in.

“They have been there, some of them for 15 years, some for 20 years. So I think this question of ministers is political. People from different constituencies want to see their people directly in government, and see what they can get out of it.”

Buhari did say, though, that he intends to stick with his decision to name his cabinet before the end of the month.

“As for the cabinet, I said we will have one by the end of the month, and time flies. The end of the month is coming too quickly for my liking.

“Yeah, I will stick to it. I will send the names to the national assembly.”

Reminded by his interviewer that “some have quipped that the country runs better without ministers”, the president said: “When you started introducing me, you said I was around 1983 to 1985.

“Even then we had ministers. So under this system, we have to have ministers; and we are going to have ministers.”

https://www.thecable.ng/buhari-civil-servants-work-ministers-make-lot-noise

Who brought this CALAMITY upon our nation?
Who

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2165170_tinubumumu_jpeg841752a3a8712d5ed9d37dcc8ef65266

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by iyke484real(m): 9:56am On May 27, 2016
Mr muhari the problem is more about you The qestion you should have been asking is 'should I resign'? then i will personally give you a resounding yes as an answer

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by nodullin(m): 10:05am On May 27, 2016
i'm very sure whenever the westerners(foreign presidents) engage Buhari in economic conversations... they'll marvel at his level of reasoning and will wonder how he became president of the giant of africa "Nigeria".... #my 2cents#

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by sinceraconcept(m): 10:05am On May 27, 2016
Amanwulu1:
nobody wnts baba to fail, he's only set himself up to fail. What has he done right n hw many has he done wrong? Is he being manipulated by witches n wizards? Possible! Again gej is gone 4 good incase u guys are campagning agaist him, stp n start holding ur leaders responsible.
Do you think it's easy to be president of Nigeria? Even Wole Soyinka go turn to Olodo if he become president. There are too many loopholes
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by Bimpe29: 10:06am On May 27, 2016
This question fell my hands, frightened me and capable of causing mistrust on the part of ministers.
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by Leke001: 10:06am On May 27, 2016
peter1994:

thank you,better person
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by UuzbaGuuzba: 10:07am On May 27, 2016
peter1994:

easy BOY!, I don't see how that is any of your business.

FYI I'm a true Nigerian (more than u can ever be. ie if u're even 1)

Let us assume, it's just a theory O, that you were born by your mum, in an aeroplane flying OVER Uganda ... But the plane did land in Nigeria, a few minutes after... Would you propose that... :-)
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by Leke001: 10:07am On May 27, 2016
who is he asking?...mtcheeeeeew
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by sinceraconcept(m): 10:07am On May 27, 2016
anonimi:

The only reason Buhari has ministers is for them to make NOISE, not so
From the horse's mouth =>

Who brought this CALAMITY upon our nation?
Who

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2165170_tinubumumu_jpeg841752a3a8712d5ed9d37dcc8ef65266
see how coat be for Tinubu body,see as tie they knotted yanma yaanma

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by anonimi: 10:10am On May 27, 2016
sinceraconcept:
see how coat be for Tinubu body,see as tie they knotted yanma yaanma

You can take an agbero out of the gutter but you may not be able to take the gutter out of the agbero. undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2147911_cymera20150222114530_jpegbb7cc5a3cc7ccee7c2b50b7bb8f36287
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by sagaxity(m): 10:13am On May 27, 2016
You are asking if you should change the same ministers that took you so long to appoint, with you confirming that they are best available...

Why asking if you should change competent people?

Well the president is confused.......everything about him seems to Center on CHANGE.......
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by Nobody: 10:13am On May 27, 2016
Always complaining and giving excuses... I felt he appointed saints...
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by Nobody: 10:18am On May 27, 2016
Oh, so Bubu is waiting for Newspapers to tell him how his Ministers performed to decide whom to sack? He doesn't have his own Performance Review Criteria or Metrics. Is there no road map he's working with?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by LONGFUELCUE: 10:18am On May 27, 2016
SleekMallam:

If buhari resigns today or impeached, Naira will suddenly gain grounds against the dollars and people will troop to the streets and celebrate.

Yes when somebody that is very sound in economics enters, Nigeria will be better-off not just naira appreciation. The only thing he is busy doing is propaganda about fighting corruption. Telling Nigerians what they want to hear and not what is actually happening, exactly the strategy they used in electioneering.

Seems he is ready to listen to advice now that his rigidity in style of managing Nigeria has caused us a lot. After several warnings about so many things fell on that same deaf ears that made him cancel his trip to Lagos. Now CBN wants to devalue naira further finally.
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by nzemila(m): 10:19am On May 27, 2016
lukecent:
Abeg, which ministers, the ones that took u six months to pick?

Can't believe you re this confused

We re really in a big mess

my friend correct urself. Not we, just use U
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by nkemjacob2(m): 10:21am On May 27, 2016
greatness22:
With all due respect, i want you to change where you buy those substandard snuff because it's affecting you. Also, I will like you to change your brain, because it's MADE IN CHINA.

Nonsense.

.Zombies, before you quote me, i want to wish you guys happy children's day. From the bottom of my heart. cheesy
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by Duru009(m): 10:22am On May 27, 2016
Confusion everywhere.......

Thisman has not yet settle down after one year.....

This is serious!!
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by nkemjacob2(m): 10:22am On May 27, 2016
greatness22:
With all due respect, i want you to change where you buy those substandard snuff because it's affecting you. Also, I will like you to change your brain, because it's MADE IN CHINA.

Nonsense.

.Zombies, before you quote me, i want to wish you guys happy children's day. From the bottom of my heart. cheesy
dis sort of insult does not show maturity
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by Duru009(m): 10:23am On May 27, 2016

Thisman has not yet settle down after one year.....
This is serious!!
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by Duru009(m): 10:24am On May 27, 2016

This man has not yet settle down after one year.....
This is serious!!
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by SleekMallam: 10:26am On May 27, 2016
LONGFUELCUE:

Yes when somebody that is very sound in economics enters, Nigeria will be better-off not just naira appreciation. The only thing he is busy doing is propaganda about fighting corruption. Telling Nigerians what they want to hear and not what is actually happening, exactly the strategy they used in electioneering.

Seems he is ready to listen to advice now that his rigidity in style of managing Nigeria has caused us a lot. After several warnings about so many things fell on that same deaf ears that made him cancel his trip to Lagos. Now CBN wants to devalue naira further finally.
Buhari has nothing to offer Nigerians. His sense of judgment even in picking the right team to work with is zero.

The damages Buhari has done to Nigerians in just a year will take donkey years to reverse.

Nigeria is heading to self destruct as long as buhari continues in Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by kingphilip(m): 10:30am On May 27, 2016
DaBullIT:
1 Minister of state , Petroleum and whatever , Kachikwu i think ?? isn't that his duty ?
2 Minister of Finance and whatever
3 Security agencies if they have a minister
4 Minister of Information or state affairs or Minister of Communication
5 Minister of state, Agriculture ( if this minister couldn't foresee Tomato Ebola, How do you expect Buhari to do so ?)
for whatever happens the head is held accountable for everything

Why was Jonathan called incompetent?? Was it because he never appointed ministers in the various ministries?? People claim he's corrupt but no Anti-Fraud agency have come to him and hold him responsible for any fraud.. Wasn't it because those he appointed were seemingly corrupt??

He still have a portion of blame to take

Minister of state for petroleum should take the blame for petroleum issues?? How about the minister of petroleum.. Or coming to a ministry you ask for a minister of state or the actual minister presiding over the ministry

Concerning whether he should sack his ministers or not.. That shouldn't be for public opinion.. You appointed them for a purpose.. Have they fulfilled it? If yes retain them if not sack them

MHO

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by nkemjacob2(m): 10:31am On May 27, 2016
First of all PMB u will resign as d petroleum minister so also wit Lie mohammed, minister of interor and agriculture, FASHOLA dat position does not suit him.
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by impregnable10(m): 10:34am On May 27, 2016
Is like PMB have some characteristics of LIE Mohammed.
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by Orikinla(m): 10:38am On May 27, 2016
Your excellency, the ministers go fast and pray and swear against anyone who wants you to change anyone of them no matter how incompetent .
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by ideylaff: 10:38am On May 27, 2016
mesoprogress:
This our president will never disappoint, never. All his ministers including his commissioner vice are afraid of him. They do exactly what he dictates. They only push their opinion or advice harder when the whole system is about to collapse . They will kneel and beg : Oga economy is about to crumble o- devalue now, remove subsidy, negotiate with avengers! If your ministers fail, it's because you didn't allow them freehand. It's all your fault and failure! Yorubas supported and gave you Osinbajo hoping he will run the government like Idiagbo. It was a terrible mistake they will regret for a long time.

Finally, it turns our stomach to hear you blame past administration one year on. You have not been able to handle anything.... Literally anything. From Petrol availability to economy to corruption fight to negotiations. Even tomato pest, you and your team couldn't control. Where I work, if a team member fails, we have all failed. It's a team work, you have failed Buhari.

"it's because you didn't allow them freehand. It's all your fault and failure! Yorubas supported and gave you Osinbajo hoping he will run the government like Idiagbo. It was a terrible mistake they will regret for a long time. "

Lets not make a mistake here, Prof Osinbajo is a brilliant person in his right as a lawyer, but dont get it twisted Prof is not an economist nor does he have the acumen to run the economy. Emotions aside

What I think the problem is every part of the FG is running in silos, every one is all their own corner working in isolation with no cohesion

How can you have an economic team that does not include the Private Sector down to the Small Medium Enterprise levels.. to feel the pulse of the nation

All this Government has been doing is fire fighting and thorough thinking of issue.

You call the same set of Governors who cannot even raise basic IGR for their respective states for Economic meetings in isolation of the real people on the streets

How does that work? Go anywhere in the world Economic Drivers are the SME's

Back to President Buhari.... he's not trusting in natural nature and also he's feared so most of his team are working with hand brakes on and in fear

Another issue is too many meetings with no agenda or tail, just slides and talk talk talk. Majority have no direction and blueprint of what they set out to achieve

God help us year 1 gone
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by caphone: 10:38am On May 27, 2016
peter1994:

I can feel yo pain bro 1994 shocked
Re: Buhari: Tell Me If I Should Change Ministers by caphone: 10:39am On May 27, 2016
peter1994:

I can feel yo pain bro 1994 - 2023 grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole Dancing At APC Rally In Katsina (Photo, Video) / Peter Obi: The One Of PDP Is Over 70 Yrs; The Other One, We Don't Know His Age / Ruga: How Buhari Left Governor Lalong In Public Disgrace – Hon. Kaze

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.