Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,857 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG (28340 Views)

Osinbajo Receives 33 Seater Innoson Bus Manufactured By Ex-Militants / Soldiers Take Over Arepo, Trace Militants To Badagry / Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by sight: 6:27am On May 27, 2016
In order to find a lasting solution to the renewed militancy in the Niger Delta region, the federal government has agreed to re-engage persons from communities in the region to protect the oil pipelines.

The federal government has also promised to restructure the amnesty programme so as to address the critical issue of neglect by the government and international oil companies, as claimed by the inhabitants of the region.

Nigeria’s crude production has dropped in recent times from about 2.2 million barrels per day (bpd) to around 1.4 million bpd due the vandalisation of critical oil pipelines by agitators in the region, a development that has resulted in the country losing its place as Africa’s top oil producer to Angola.

The Muhammadu Buhari administration had, before now, threatened military action against the perpetrators who it had described as economic saboteurs.

But in a statement yesterday by the spokesman of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Garba Deen Muhammad, the federal government announced that it had resolved to work with stakeholders from the Niger Delta region to stop the recent upsurge in attacks on critical oil and gas installations, and to ensure security, stability and economic development of the area.

Speaking at the end of the meeting held in Abuja and attended by prominent Niger Delta leaders and other stakeholders, minister of state for petroleum resources and group managing director of the NNPC, Dr Ibe Kachikwu, expressed the government’s readiness to check the resurgence of pipeline sabotage in the region.

Present at the meeting were Edo State governor, Adams Oshiomhole; national security adviser (NSA), Maj. General Mohammed Babagana Monguno (rtd); minister for Niger Delta, Usani Uguru; minister of state for agriculture, Sen. Heneiken Lokpobiri; coordinator, Amnesty Programme, Brigadier General Paul Boroh (rtd), and stakeholders from the seven Niger Delta states of Edo, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, Delta and Ondo states.

Kachikwu said all the stakeholders resolved that solutions to the incessant attacks on oil and gas pipelines are within the communities, stressing that communities were now saddled with the responsibility of ensuring protection of pipelines within their domain.

Accordingly, government resolved that “all the states in the region would nominate four or five representatives that would work hand-in-hand with security agencies to secure oil facilities in their respective states.”

The minister further stated that violence was not an option in resolving the problems of the Niger Delta and that all threats from the region should end henceforth.

He also noted that the Amnesty Programme needed to be restructured in order to address the critical issue of neglect by the government and international oil companies.

“The Niger Delta governors must be involved in providing lasting solutions to the resurgence of pipeline vandalism and there is urgent need to create business opportunities for the locals in the region,” Kachikwu stated.

Oshiomhole and other leaders of the Niger Delta region, who spoke at the meeting, urged the agitators to drop their arms and embrace dialogue as the federal government was committed to the development of the area.

www.leadership.ng/news/530784/ex-militants-return-pipeline-protection-fg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Nobody: 6:29am On May 27, 2016
Thats exactly what they wants.
Idiot.

Asari, Tompolo, Gen Africana, etc all started as freedom fighters. Just look at them today. There are all multimillioneria.

Adaka Issac Boro started the fight with genuine intent. These criminals chose to enrich themselves at the detriments of poor people on the streets on yenagoa, Ikwerre, Ikot Abasi, Nembe, Gbaramatu Kingdom etc.

We cannot trust them anymore.
Look at Ogoni land. The same people are not happy that PMB govt wants to clean up the area.

We cannot keep pretending

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by YourFatherYansh: 6:30am On May 27, 2016
We go dey manage una smal smal like dis till either crude oil loses its relevance or oil exploration begins proper in other regions.,,,,then una go CHI CHUM CHIN

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Nobody: 6:32am On May 27, 2016
NICE DEVELOPMENT. there is no gain taking up arms by the military against the militants, it will only destroy the economy in the long run. nice initiative by the government but why is that buhari has not visited the creeks or delta state, bayelsa, porthacourt since he came into office?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by YoursGEJ(m): 6:33am On May 27, 2016
Is this why NDA is degrading their environment? To get pipeline protection 'contracts'? My people really do perish for lack of knowledge

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by temitemi1(m): 6:35am On May 27, 2016
When my HERO(GEJ) gave them the contract the FOOLS were calling him names grin grin grin grin grin

203 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Kastonkastroll(m): 6:36am On May 27, 2016
Haha I like this style. The militants will be left with one another to finish off themselves. That's a smart one from the government.

Mend vs scavengers loading very soon grin whoever gave the government this idea is a brilliant person grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Nobody: 6:38am On May 27, 2016
Typical short sighted nigerians. I will never pity the niger deltans, because they are too stupid to understand that they are slaves to their selfishness. And are bereft of leaders

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by kodded(m): 6:38am On May 27, 2016

cc orlandowoh

dropshot

mynd44 cheesy

"...once a soldier dulllard is always a soldier dulllard"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3765278_orlando_pngc39f95d32f73ed39cc57e8f24c4308de

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by caleb404: 6:43am On May 27, 2016
What it takes an educated man 1 minute to see, it takes an illiterate 1 year of trial and error to understand.

The constant policy somersault by the government clearly shows their folly in handling issues. I just sorry for their zombies.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Faremisodeeq(m): 6:43am On May 27, 2016
Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Nobody: 6:44am On May 27, 2016
I guess D 5% have a say as well

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by benpedro(m): 6:45am On May 27, 2016
Lol..we dey beg una before?..well make una release Nnamdi Kanu first.All our other demands must be met too!

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by HammerTheirPapa(f): 6:47am On May 27, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
Haha I like this style. The militants will be left with one another to finish off themselves. That's a smart one from the government.

Mend vs scavengers loading very soon grin whoever gave the government this idea is a brilliant person grin

Ahaaaaa! I thought your Mr sherriffu is in town and is a no-nonsense general that can not bow to Avengers. Mr sherrifu sef!

116 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by caleb404: 6:48am On May 27, 2016
Kastonkastroll:

It's such a tough job defending the illiterate. I thought you guys bragged about how the military will decimate the militants?

You people even had the guts to compare a stark illiterate to a PhD holder.... una get mind cha undecided

Telling us "a new cheriff is in town" cheesy cheesy.

By now you must have discovered the logic behind the saying..." dem nor dey use power stand prick"...!!!

See how you quickly turn dey yarn opata after your demi god has been placed where he belongs by "rag tag militants"... I feel for zombies cha. Buhari says jump, you leap high, he says squat, you postrate... NO mind of your own.

126 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Firefire(m): 6:50am On May 27, 2016
Chai, chai, chai...

No do, no do, no do gragra for me. grin

The FG now using their thinking faculty while eating humble pie. Thank you for heeding to the voice of reasons.

kokoA:
New Sherif in town. No more business as usual.

Demmocrats:

Walahi my Sai Buhari gives no Fvck!!!

If you break the law the same treatment given to Nnamdi Kanu and Muslim group leader, Sheikh Ibrahim El-Zakzaky will be given to you independent of your ethnic group or religion.

The new active and dependable sherif in town, tested, trusted and reliable.

Sai Buhari!!!

NEW SERIFAT in Olodo Class grin

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Pidggin(f): 6:50am On May 27, 2016
grin Zombies na so so disappointment una dey suffer, eya tongue

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by ORACLE1975(m): 6:51am On May 27, 2016
FG MOST BE CRAZY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by luvinhubby(m): 6:53am On May 27, 2016
Buhari is a big illitrate.

It is obvious that GEJ has more sense than Buhari does.

The annoying thing was that it was Buhari that drew the first blood when he sent the airforce to go drop bombs in the creeks of Cross River & Bayelsa states.

63 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Flets: 6:54am On May 27, 2016
Buhari has been a colossal failure.

Which move have they ever thought through? who advises this dull president? With badly damaged oil installations on our trail, the old illiterate is now ready for pipeline protection he hastily cancelled.

In other news, United Airlines stops flight from Houston to Nigeria by 30th May 2016. Nigeria is already a failed state in one year under Buhari

My post in Mar 2015 Applies

Re: Highlights Of 2015 APC Campaign Promises In Pictures by Flets: 10:40am On Mar 24, 2015

How do we avoid the impending dangers to Nigeria’s economy and existence under a Buhari presidency? We must need to face reality as there is no magic in governance. Extremely hard times lies ahead for this country if Buhari ever emerges victorious.

How do you explain to a Niger Deltan that despite GEJ's achievements in almost all sectors, roads, bridges, railways, agriculture, automobile, alamajiri schools, new universities, fertilizer and ghost worker scam elimination, freedom of press, FOI, free and fair elections, power sector. .........etc, he is still booted out.

What will stop the creeks from going haywire again? Buhari will send the troops to the creeks and together they will set the oil facilities ablaze.
OBJ's use of JTF force could not help as no Oil producing company will risk producing crude and killing staff in a volatile region. GEJ under Yaradua had to get down to the creeks to to talk to these boys and effect the amnesty program because they found him as a representation in government.

It will be impossible to convince a ND minority albeit a militant that their own was not persecuted out of office. And that will be the theme of their new struggle. The long term solution to this mess is implementing the Confab report and enthroning true federalism.

A lot of opportunities are springing up around Africa and the IOCs are already geared towards investing in these newer and saner climes than invest in an unstable Niger delta . And while these troubles persists, the oil producing companies will simply withdraw their personnel from the volatile region and all foreign investments will seize in all sectors.

Unfortunately, even if the Nigerian troops kill 90% of the militants, it will take just one militant, a dynamite and just one strategic location along the multi- kilometer trunk lines to continue to wreck havoc to the Nigerian economy.

Fast forward to 2019, if we remain one country and without a civil war,, we will be an economic wreck with no allocations and salaries, no capital projects, no hope with dollar exchanging for 400 naira and we are worse off than we were in 2015.

Cos the truth is that without crude proceeds for now, Nigeria is finished.

And then, we'll be screaming another 'Change' because we would have learnt a bitter lesson in the hands of the Fulanis, Tinubu and Saraki.And then we will ask.... Why were we this silly?

And before you quote me, make sure you outline in clear terms how you or Buhari will avert this obvious calamity staring us in the face
Only last week, they creek boys seem to have resumed activities by kidnapping at Yoho facility operated by Exxonmobil and have shut in 80KBD already. Are we ready for this for the next 4 years?

The entire world stands to benefit from a crisis in the Niger delta. Its not a coincidence that USA who abandoned us at the height of bokoharam is busy shouting for change in govt . Crises in the ND will reduce supply of crude to the Oil market and that would drive up the price of crude for producing countries.... But at Nigeria's expense.

Is Buhari is any way a better Democratic president than GEJ? Is this risk worth it?

Nigerians.... Be Warned!!!

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 32 Likes 3 Shares (Share)

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Kastonkastroll(m): 6:54am On May 27, 2016
[s]
caleb404:

It's such a tough job defending the illiterate. I thought you guys bragged about how the military will decimate the militants?

You people even had the guts to compare a stark illiterate to a PhD holder. By now you must have discovered the logic behind the saying..." dem nor dey use power stand prick"...!!!

See how you quickly turn dey yarn opata after your demi god has been placed where he belongs by "rag tag militants"... I feel for zombies cha. Buhari says jump, you leap high, he says squat, you postrate... NO mind of your own.
[/s] why this useless epistle now. Am I supposed to read this rubbish or what? grin The government don't wanna waste its bullets on the scavengers but mend will be paid to do the dirty job. I know this news is paining you like the Ugandan you are. I got 3 words for you.

Go & quench grin

6 Likes

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by dayo23(f): 6:57am On May 27, 2016
Mend vs Nda! but dis baba wise sha

2 Likes

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Kastonkastroll(m): 6:57am On May 27, 2016
[s]
HammerTheirPapa:

Ahaaaaa! I thought your Mr sherriffu is in town and is a no-nonsense general that can not bow to Avengers. Mr sherrifu sef!
[/s] mend vs scavengers grin How about that. Hahaha let em' kill themselves grin

11 Likes

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Nobody: 6:57am On May 27, 2016
This is just a short term measure that doesn't address the underlying cause of youth restiveness in the region. This measure will only churn out another set of billionaires which will fuel further agitations in the region.
The government needs to seek advice from Niger Deltans like Annkio Briggs. I am sure she has a better idea of what should be done to stem the crisis. Throwing money at a crisis has never worked and it will never work.

7 Likes

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by caleb404: 6:59am On May 27, 2016
Kastonkastroll:
[s][/s] why this useless epistle now. Am I supposed to read this rubbish or what? grin The government don't wanna waste its bullets on the scavengers but mend will be paid to do the dirty job. I know this news is paining you like the Ugandan you are. I got 3 words for you.

Go & quench grin

I'm taking my dog for a walk. He's more valuable than a zombie.

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Firefire(m): 7:00am On May 27, 2016
caleb404:

You people even had the guts to compare a stark illiterate to a PhD holder. By now you must have discovered the logic behind the saying..." dem nor dey use power stand prick"...!!!

I do not have the time now, I would have dig into their evil past posts, on how "Bugary" will employ 1Billion Millitary personnel to protect the oil pipeline across the country castigating the contracts to the professional saboteurs.

What a wise trategy to resource control ?

GEJ was indeed a wise man. To ensure the FG have uninterrupted revenue, he engaged the locals to protect the government assets in their domain across the country.

We heard deafening noise when my OPC brothers were engage in SW, alleging buy over etc, go to Arepo and see the continuos pipeline vandalization and the security official are either complicit or powerless.

It takes only a wise man with strategies to deal with idiots who have nothing to lose including their lives.

Kudos to the FG for returning to the wise man's wisdom.

Shalom!

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by otukpo(f): 7:01am On May 27, 2016
I still dey laugh.
Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Kastonkastroll(m): 7:02am On May 27, 2016
[s]
caleb404:

I'm taking my dog for a walk. He's more valuable than a zombie.
[/s] After u are done with walking with ur dog, pls don't forget to take ur brain for the next walk grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by Orjioorji(f): 7:02am On May 27, 2016
this is an embarrassment to the new, sheriff . why negotiate with criminal pls crush them. ewu Zambia in president.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by modath(f): 7:04am On May 27, 2016
bejeiodus:
This is just a short term measure that doesn't address the underlying cause of restiveness in the region. Another set of billionaires are about to be made.

That's the fallout of giving in to the initial set of blackmailers by the previous government , more blackmailers saw how easy and effortless the "untaxable" billions were rolling in... Everyone will want to take advantage...

No one should not mistake recognizing the limitations of NOW to cowardice.... Nigerians are facing a tough time as it is, a hard line stance will make it tougher on the average man....

As for a long term measure, how will that be achieve when militants insist on taking more and more without any recourse to their communities, Governors squander their 13%, & NDDC/ND Ministry are beehives of corrupt practices.. ? My bro, it is a vicious cycle that has no ending in sight.. sad

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-militants To Return For Pipeline Protection – FG by sinistermind(m): 7:04am On May 27, 2016
GEJ was criticised for this move, and at last it's been seen as a wise decision... this govt sef... still watching and hoping tho. God bless pmb

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Will Resist Any Coup- Tinubu / US Report: Massive, Pervasive Corruption At All Levels Of Govt / Governors, Ministers Must Declare Assets – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.