Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Fight With Amaechi: Sirika Dismiss Reports As Rumours - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fight With Amaechi: Sirika Dismiss Reports As Rumours (271 Views)

Amaechi, Sirika Appear Before Senate Over Abuja Airport Closure / Kachikwu Disagrees With Amaechi At FG Town Hall / EXCLUSIVE: Fighting In Buhari’s Cabinet As Amaechi, Sirika Nearly Exchange Blows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fight With Amaechi: Sirika Dismiss Reports As Rumours by amzee(m): 8:41am On May 27, 2016
– The media was recently awash with stories of discord in the cabinet of President Muhammadu Buhari.

– Those fingered in the report were minister of transport; Rotimi Amaechi and minister of state for aviation; Hadi Sirika.

– Sirika has now opened up on the
rumours that has circulated wide in the media.
Nigeria’s minister of state for aviation, Captain Hadi Sirika has opened up on the media reports that he had a row with the minister of transportation, Rotimi
Amaechi.

Minister of state for aviation, Captain Hadi Sirika Sirika who spoke on the issue for the
first time while receiving the national president of the Air Transport Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (ATSSAN), Mr Benjamin Okeowo on a courtesy call, said the rumour was the handiwork of
mischief makers.

He said: “The social media said that I and the minister are fighting but that is not true. The fact that there are no pictures
of me at airports, offices and agencies under aviation is based on my personal choice.
“I believe that my photo will not give Nigerians anything, rather, it is my actions that will. I don’t need my pictures on walls. They were there before but I ordered that they be removed. Photo will
not give us good airports and runways, rather good governance and that is my challenge and target.

“Having pictures everywhere as far as I am concerned is very trivial, unnecessary and it is not my style. My pictures should
be put on walls when I have worked.
Having my pictures on walls is not the major reason why I was appointed to serve. My dream is to change the industry for better and when that is done, then my pictures can be put
everywhere.”
The minister however used the
opportunity to express his thoughts that the ministry of transportation should be
merged with the ministry of works.
“For me, I think the merger ought to even go a step further than what it is today. The merger is between aviation and transportation but for me, I think
the ministry of transportation should still carry Federal Ministry of Works and certain critical aspects.
“Why works, because if you remove environment, lands and housing from works, what will remain is highways and
highways like waterways and airways are all ways and they are under transportation,” Sirika said.

On his part, the ATSSAN chairman
lamented that the merger of aviation and transportation ministry has led to less
efficiency in the aviation sector.
He said: “Government has come out with their policy on merger of aviation and transport but we must say that as stakeholders, the merger is not favouring us because there is so many
delay we are seeing as a result of this merger. Things are not taking proper shape and things are not done with speed as it is expected of the aviation industry.
“Honestly, we thought policies are to ensure efficiency but we are not getting that efficiency. It is like the policy is expanding the bureaucracy and that for
us is not good for the aviation industry.”

Meanwhile, a recent report in the media stated that Amaechi is currently having a running battle over a loan he took from a new generation bank, even as he has
threatened to sue the bank.
The report further stated that Amaechi took the loan to finance his purchase of a priced property on Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos.

Source: www.naij.com/842262-fight-amaechi-sirika-opens-says-transport-ministry-merged-works.html?source=index_main

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, Boko Haram, Politics And Economics Of Tomatoes / Judge’s Absence Stalls Arraignment Of Ex-ministers Fani-kayode, Nenadi Usman / Afdb Plans $175m For Agricultural Transformation In North-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.