Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,182 members, 7,811,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix (1215 Views)

Friends Carry Graduate In Wheelbarrow In Liberia To Celebrate His Graduation / Beautiful Lady Who Sells Groundnut To Raise Money For Her School Fees (Pics) / Photos As Okorocha's Son Graduate From Imperial Coll. London With M.sc Mech Engr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by stephenduru: 12:24pm On May 27, 2016
Mike Tertsea, an only child, hadn’t seen his mum, Felicia Ikpum, 56, since he left Nigeria to study at The John Carroll School in Bel Air, four years ago. Felicia didn’t even recognize him when she met him at the airport, last Friday.

During the school’s baccalaureate ceremony on Wednesday, Mike, a basketball player, was surprised to learn that the whole senior class, joined by faculty members, came together to make it possible for his mother to make the trip from Benue State, Nigeria, to see him graduate from high school.

“I was really, really surprised. It is really a blessing and I thank everyone for coming here. It was a tough drive for her. She said at one point, she felt like giving up. It was also her first time on an airplane, and for a while, she couldn’t recognize me and couldn’t believe it was her son,” Mike said.

Principal Madelyn Ball said one student had asked, “Is Mike’s mom coming to graduation?” “Everyone was concerned because, you see, Mike has not been home for four years,” Ball said. She then explained how the senior class was able to raise $1,763.

Mike and his mother got a standing ovation as they were asked to come up on the stage, where they each thanked the senior class for bringing them together. Mike said he is an only child and his mother is his only immediate relative. Growing up in the Benue area did mean real challenges, he said.

Kishan Patel, student government president, said: “It was a joy to do this. Mike sometimes went to bed hungry, and now you see this kid going to Division I with a basketball scholarship – wow, this is what it’s all about.” Mike, 6-foot, 10-inch tall, plans to attend the University of Rhode Island.

You see nobe all whites hate blacks

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/05/students-faculty-raised-money-to-fly.html

1 Like

Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by stephenduru: 12:24pm On May 27, 2016
So touching!
Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by petz(f): 12:30pm On May 27, 2016
Awwwwww! Did I just drop a tear?? shocked
Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 12:38pm On May 27, 2016
Good news,
But then Buhari and his Northern Oligarchs are out to sink the zoo so we are too busy to be happy with this heights of benevolence by fellow students. ..

Jump thread, rush in search of viable thread with Buhari's name to spit venom..

1 Like

Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by Flexherbal(m): 12:51pm On May 27, 2016
They did well for him. God bless them!
Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 27, 2016
Amazing
Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by JohnFrankling(m): 1:40pm On May 27, 2016
That's cool, while our student unions here are good in embezzling money
Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by Luxiana19(f): 3:05pm On May 27, 2016
Aww that's so sweet and thoughtful
Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:34pm On May 27, 2016
Reminds me of my mum. So sweet. GOD bless you mom, I love you mom. #MothersAreAngels
Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 27, 2016
He shouldn't come back ooooooo.

NIGERIA doesn't have plans for u ooo
Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by Dannidom(m): 7:56pm On May 27, 2016
Nice to reunite with your family once a while sha
Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by Qualer: 7:58pm On May 27, 2016
Luxiana19:
Aww that's so sweet and thoughtful

we thank God...
but come, which one be rape on top your pikcho now? sad
Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by Qualer: 7:59pm On May 27, 2016
petz:
Awwwwww! Did I just drop a tear?? shocked

Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by UIA04(f): 11:43pm On May 27, 2016
Nice one.

But how did the guy get to travel in the first place if he was so poor?
Re: Students+ Faculty Raise Money 2 Fly Mom 4rm Nigeria 2 See Son Graduate In US(Pix by romeoetin(m): 8:13am On May 28, 2016
UIA04:
Nice one.

But how did the guy get to travel in the first place if he was so poor?

there Is something called scholarship

(1) (Reply)

Help! Telecommunication Science As A Course / Breaking News: Kwasu Students Riot At The E-library Examination Hall / Update On Jamb Slip Reprint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.