Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,350 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Jesus Christ Is All U Need To Be Saved - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is All U Need To Be Saved (869 Views)

How God Healed, Saved And Delivered Me From HIV (My Story) / Bel Akinyi's Post On Jesus Christ Trending On Twitter / Pls....this Is All U Need In These World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Christ Is All U Need To Be Saved by tania28(f): 2:40pm On May 27, 2016
In john 3 vs 16,says for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son,who ever believes on him wil not perish but have everlasting life,God has assured us of his love if only we accept his son.he his the the truth n life,accept him today as ur lord and your saviour n u wil experience great changes in ur life.with jesus christ u are nothing,follow him today he is Knocking at the door of your heart.God bless u.john15vs1-8
Re: Jesus Christ Is All U Need To Be Saved by Brigance(m): 2:45pm On May 27, 2016
tania28:
In john 3 vs 16,says for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son,who ever believes on him wil not perish but have everlasting life,God has assured us of his love if only we accept his son.he his the the truth n life,accept him today as ur lord and your saviour n u wil experience great changes in ur life.with jesus christ u are nothing,follow him today he is Knocking at the door of your heart.God bless u.john15vs1-8

I can't wrap my head around the fact that you used 'God' and 'love' in the same sentence.
Re: Jesus Christ Is All U Need To Be Saved by taurus25(m): 4:53pm On May 27, 2016
Brigance:

I can't wrap my head around the fact that you used 'God' and 'love' in the same sentence.
God is love they say grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is All U Need To Be Saved by Splinz(m): 4:55pm On May 27, 2016
tania28:
I appreciate your concerned for those you probably think as "Damned", because they haven't accepted Jesus as their Lord. But understand something here. “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day” (John 6:44, 65).

What! Is God then being biased since he's not calling everybody for salvation? Or why should anyone be blame when God hasn't called him or her? You see, contrary to what is widely believed by mainstream Christianity, "today" is not the only day of salvation, i.e, since everyone are not being called at this time, certainly, those not called yet will equally get their opportunity for salvation (Ezekiel 37, Rev 20:11-12). Do you know there are people that haven't even heard the name "Jesus" before? Do you think they'll lost out just like that? Certainly, no! That doesn't depict our God as loving and righteous.

Christ Himself spoke on many occasions about the Christian calling. You may be familiar with His statement, “For many are called, but few are chosen,” found in both Matthew 22:14 and 20:16. Later, adding meaning to the second part of this phrase, He explained this to His disciples: “You have not chosen Me but I have chosen you” (John 15:16), and then “But I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you” (vs. 19).

When placed together, these passages explain that God is calling a few people—actually a very few—out of the world for His supreme purpose. Those who respond to His calling are then “chosen,” going on to repentance, baptism and conversion. Knowing all these things saves you a lot of stress and headache when trying to talk to someone about God, knowing that one don't become a Christian out of his own volition, i.e, without being granted the knowledge

So, trouble not your heart and weep for no one but yourself, if indeed, you've been called. For with the knowledge of salvation, comes greater responsibilities, since you could lost out if the race is not run according to rules (2 Timothy 2:5).

Finally, be assured that no true God would ever choose to condemn the vast majority who have ever lived without giving them a full opportunity for salvation. Such a God would not be worth following. He would be an unjust monster whose primary purpose is the business of condemnation! That is why speaking of God, Paul states, “Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth” (I Tim. 2:4). That is the plain truth of this scripture. God is not, and never has been, in the “mass condemnation” business.
Re: Jesus Christ Is All U Need To Be Saved by Brigance(m): 5:40pm On May 27, 2016
taurus25:
God is love they say grin
It baffles me bro.
God and love are just glaringly anathemic.
Re: Jesus Christ Is All U Need To Be Saved by Brigance(m): 5:45pm On May 27, 2016
Splinz:

I appreciate your concerned for those you probably think as "Damned", because they haven't accepted Jesus as their Lord. But understand something here. “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day” (John 6:44, 65).

What! Is God then being biased since he's not calling everybody for salvation? Or why should anyone be blame when God hasn't called him or her? You see, contrary to what is widely believed by mainstream Christianity, "today" is not the only day of salvation, i.e, since everyone are not being called at this time, certainly, those not called yet will equally get their opportunity for salvation (Ezekiel 37, Rev 20:11-12). Do you know there are people that haven't even heard the name "Jesus" before? Do you think they'll lost out just like that? Certainly, no! That doesn't depict our God as loving and righteous.

Christ Himself spoke on many occasions about the Christian calling. You may be familiar with His statement, “For many are called, but few are chosen,” found in both Matthew 22:14 and 20:16. Later, adding meaning to the second part of this phrase, He explained this to His disciples: “You have not chosen Me but I have chosen you” (John 15:16), and then “But I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you” (vs. 19).

When placed together, these passages explain that God is calling a few people—actually a very few—out of the world for His supreme purpose. Those who respond to His calling are then “chosen,” going on to repentance, baptism and conversion. Knowing all these things saves you a lot of stress and headache when trying to talk to someone about God, knowing that one don't become a Christian out of his own volition, i.e, without being granted the knowledge

So, trouble not your heart and weep for no one but yourself, if indeed, you've been called. For with the knowledge of salvation, comes greater responsibilities, since you could lost out if the race is not run according to rules (2 Timothy 2:5).

Finally, be assured that no true God would ever choose to condemn the vast majority who have ever lived without giving them a full opportunity for salvation. Such a God would not be worth following. He would be an unjust monster whose primary purpose is the business of condemnation! That is why speaking of God, Paul states, “Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth” (I Tim. 2:4). That is the plain truth of this scripture. God is not, and never has been, in the “mass condemnation” business.

Honestly bro, how You manage to say this with a straight face is befuddling.
Re: Jesus Christ Is All U Need To Be Saved by Splinz(m): 11:30pm On May 27, 2016
Brigance:

Honestly bro, how You manage to say this with a straight face is befuddling.
You need not be befuddled, brother. For I supposed that whatever you hold today as knowledge were acquired either through voluntary search, revelation or experience. Now, whether you've learn or believe in all of these learning methods is inconsequential. What matters is that you've learned one way or the other.

Here is the thing. You've learned; I've learned. And out of the abundance of my knowledge, have I put forth with boldness and deep conviction that which I've acquired.

Understand that knowledge is of different types and degrees. Your level of understanding may fall short of mine, and vice versa. Also, not having an understanding of something doesn't necessarily translate to a non-existence of such knowledge.

What are we saying? Simple. You're at liberty to believe those things I've asserted or simply toss it away as trash. However, sheer denying of the truth doesn't mean its end has come. For no matter how long it is denied and suppressed, it will always kiss reality someday.
Re: Jesus Christ Is All U Need To Be Saved by Brigance(m): 7:56am On May 28, 2016
Splinz:

You need not be befuddled, brother. For I supposed that whatever you hold today as knowledge were acquired either through voluntary search, revelation or experience. Now, whether you've learn or believe in all of these learning methods is inconsequential. What matters is that you've learned one way or the other.

Here is the thing. You've learned; I've learned. And out of the abundance of my knowledge, have I put forth with boldness and deep conviction that which I've acquired.

Understand that knowledge is of different types and degrees. Your level of understanding may fall short of mine, and vice versa. Also, not having an understanding of something doesn't necessarily translate to a non-existence of such knowledge.

What are we saying? Simple. You're at liberty to believe those things I've asserted or simply toss it away as trash. However, sheer denying of the truth doesn't mean its end has come. For no matter how long it is denied and suppressed, it will always kiss reality someday.

Square, very square.

And I like that you seem quite different from fanatic folks that inundates this section.

That said, you claimed in your earlier post that God has never been responsible for mass damnation? This is totally dissonant with the god of the old testament. We both know this.

Ofcourse, I understand that belief is largely subjective. Knowledge is largely not. Knowledge is a belief that is justified.

Most Christians believe God is love while a very basic knowledge of the bible says not.

This is why I suppose that once a Christian steps up from believing God to knowing God, he has crossed a fat red line.

(1) (Reply)

Top Funniest Christian Questions And Answers / Jesus From Genesis To Revelation, Meaning Of Jesus / What The Quran Says About "Change Begins With Me" (snapshot)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.