Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

Why Won't You Judge? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Won't You Judge? (2402 Views)

"My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge / Judge Orders Husband To Have Sex With His Wife (pics) / Why Won't He Treat Her As A Queen All The Days Of His Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 4:21pm On May 27, 2016
How else do you correct people if you don't judge them? What's all this 'I don't judge, nobody should judge'?
How else will we as individuals provide a moral compass for what is right and acceptable if we don't judge, condemn and put to shame those that are and do wrong?

Silence means consent.

Evil thrives when good people do/say nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 27, 2016
First of all, it is best for ALL of us to mind our own business.

Secondly, since most of you here are religious, why don't you let God be the judge? You don't trust that he will judge accordingly? grin

Thirdly, if anyone breaks the law, there are courts and there are judges who get paid to do this job.

Fourthly, who are you to pass a judgment? Are you perfect and without sin?

Fifthly, who are you to correct another adult? Why don't you focus on yourself? Again, are you perfect?

4 Likes

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by joseph1832(m): 4:37pm On May 27, 2016
5minsmadness:
How else do you correct people if you don't judge them? What's all this 'I don't judge, nobody should judge'?
How else will we as individuals provide a moral compass for what is right and acceptable if we don't judge, condemn and put to shame those that are and do wrong?

Silence means consent.

There's a fine line between correcting people who err and judging them.

When you judge, you already pass a verdict, and you do so without letting the person know how/why he or she is wrong.

When you correct, you do so, with an open mind, letting the person know there are better ways of doing whatever he or she did, that warrant others to pass judgment.

1 Like

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 4:52pm On May 27, 2016
Mindfulness:
First of all, it is best for ALL of us to mind our own business. 7
False! It's minding our own business that has brought us into the moral mess we are in today!

Secondly, since most of you here are religious, why don't you let God be the judge? You don't trust that he will judge accordingly? grin
God will judge all men and women on the last day. In the meantime:
Matt 18:15. "If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.
Gal 6:1: Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.

Thirdly, if anyone breaks the law, there are courts and there are judges who get paid to do this job.
If you really do care about a person, you won't wait for them to break the law so they can be punished.

Fourthly, who are you to pass a judgment? Are you perfect and without sin?
I don't have to be. As long as I know what is right and wrong and stand for what is right. That way, what is wrong does not thrive.

Fifthly, who are you to correct another adult? Why don't you focus on yourself? Again, are you perfect?

You have no fifth. This was a repitition of fourth.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 4:54pm On May 27, 2016
joseph1832:
There's a fine line between correcting people who err and judging them.

When you judge, you already pass a verdict, and you do so without letting the person know how/why he or she is wrong.

When you correct, you do so, with an open mind, letting the person know there are better ways of doing whatever he or she did, that warrant others to pass judgment.
Your last paragraph then is what I'm talking about. People don't even do that anymore.

1 Like

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 9japride(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2016
5minsmadness:

Silence means consent.

[color=#006600][/color]

Anyone that says don't judge is a bad person. People have to take responsibility for their actions

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 27, 2016
5minsmadness:

False! It's minding our own business that has brought us into the moral mess we are in today!

What mess? I do not see myself in a mess.

God will judge all men and women on the last day. In the meantime:
Matt 18:15. "If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.
Gal 6:1: Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted.

Well, therein lies your answer, you don't need a thread on NL. According to your religion, you are free to correct your siblings.
I am not a Christian and not your sister, so please spare me. wink

If you really do care about a person, you won't wait for them to break the law so they can be punished.

And I definitely won't judge them. I may offer my advice if the person is interested but I won't judge the people I care about. Never have and never will.

I don't have to be. As long as I know what is right and wrong and stand for what is right. That way, what is wrong does not thrive.

So you are without sin, aight?

You have no fifth. This was a repitition of fourth.

Then let me ask again, are you without sin?
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by crackhaus: 5:07pm On May 27, 2016
5minsmadness, why did you choose this moniker?
It doesn't reflect well on ya bro, surely you don't want people to feel you weren't thinking when you chose it.

5minsmadness, you most certainly have traces of madness for you to choose this moniker. What normal person calls himself 5minsmadness?
You're just an insane lunatic.

Which of those two above do you prefer @5minsmadness?

3 Likes

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 6:00pm On May 27, 2016
Mindfulness:

What mess? I do not see myself in a mess.
Of course you don't. You would rather choose to live in denial and freedom to do whatever you want than admit that the world has become more morally bankrupt.

Well, therein lies your answer, you don't need a thread on NL. According to your religion, you are free to correct your siblings.
I am not a Christian and not your sister, so please spare me. wink

We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. I believe even your eck+buddist+newage teaching says so.

And I definitely won't judge them. I may offer my advice if the person is interested but I won't judge the people I care about. Never have and never will.
You would rather mind your own business. You see, you never really cared. If you did and you saw that person on a path to destroy himself or his image you would do whatever it takes, even getting up in their business, to make sure they didnt get hurt.

So you are without sin, aight?

Then let me ask again, are you without sin?
I already answered this. I don't need to be perfect to stand up for what is right. If you keep silent and wait until you attain perfection you will never make anything right, or do anything for that matter.

(I would have added that Christ came not to call the perfect but to call sinners to repentance.... If he wanted perfect people then he would have chosen saints as disciples and avoided Judas like the plague .. But that would probably go over your head. )

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 6:01pm On May 27, 2016
crackhaus:
5minsmadness, why did you choose this moniker?
It doesn't reflect well on ya bro, surely you don't want people to feel you weren't thinking when you chose it.

5minsmadness, you most certainly have traces of madness for you to choose this moniker. What normal person calls himself 5minsmadness?
You're just an insane lunatic.

Which of those two above do you prefer @5minsmadness?
Both are correct bro angry grin
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by joseph1832(m): 6:27pm On May 27, 2016
5minsmadness:

Your last paragraph then is what I'm talking about. People don't even do that anymore.
Well, we now live in a country where self righteousness and hypocrisy is rife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 27, 2016
5minsmadness:

Of course you don't. You would rather choose to live in denial and freedom to do whatever you want than admit that the world has become more morally bankrupt.

Of course everyone thinks that their perception of reality is the only right one and so everyone else who doesn't see it their way must live in denial. You are free to think so and see the world as you see it, so am I.

We are all brothers and sisters in Christ. I believe even your eck+buddist+newage teaching says so.

I am not a Buddhist.

You would rather mind your own business. You see, you never really cared. If you did and you saw that person on a path to destroy himself or his image you would do whatever it takes, even getting up in their business, to make sure they didnt get hurt.

A person on the path to self-destruction doesn't need judgment, they need love.

I already answered this. I don't need to be perfect to stand up for what is right. If you keep silent and wait until you attain perfection you will never make anything right, or do anything for that matter.

Since you are not perfect, you have no moral superiority to judge people but you have the capability of understanding them and guiding by example, not punishment.

(I would have added that Christ came not to call the perfect but to call sinners to repentance.... If he wanted perfect people then he would have chosen saints as disciples and avoided Judas like the plague .. But that would probably go over your head. )

Didn't Christ first and foremost love people? Yet you find it easier to judge and condemn than to love, don't you?

1 Like

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 27, 2016
5minsmadness:

Silence means consent.

You are allowed to judge, what you are not allowed to do is sentence....
I see someone I know doinf something wrong, I'd judge.
I see a gay man, I'd not only judge, I might also break his head if he as much as comes close-by me....
Keep judging Bro, the world would be useless without it..

3 Likes

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by crackhaus: 12:44am On May 28, 2016
5minsmadness:

Both are correct bro angry grin
You were supposed to specify which you preferred na...
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by hahn(m): 11:18am On May 28, 2016
5minsmadness:

Silence means consent.

The concept of the "thou shalt not judge" quote in the bible is simply to restrict people from criticizing and telling us the truth. It is an act of hypocrisy and most people who say this are fond of gossiping about other people's affairs. These same people will "judge" a petty theif and lynch the thief in the same breath as when they say "only god can judge me"

But then, what does it really mean to "judge" someoone. From my simple perspective, a citizen can/should only be judged at the court of law after being charged if convicted after being accused of a crime within the jurisdiction of the law. Nigerians however, also practise jungle justice.

Often, what most people regard as "judgement" is nothing but mere criticism or in some cases, the plain old obvious truth about a person. The "only god can judge me" line is simply an act to avoid being criticized or told the truth about ourselves.

"You are wise to everyone when you say the truth about things but become an asshole when you tell everyone the truth about themselves"- George Carlin

1 Like

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by Acidosis(m): 12:00pm On May 28, 2016
99.9% of those who use that line are possessed with evil spirits/mindsets.

If I catch you committing a crime or an evil deed, I will "judge" you. You can die if you don't like it. Better still, wait till I commit a similar crime, so you can judge me too, and together we will build a good nation.

6 Likes

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by Fkforyou(m): 12:04pm On May 28, 2016
One word, Pride - Nobody likes been told the truth, it hurts.... undecided
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 12:23pm On May 28, 2016
crackhaus:

You were supposed to specify which you preferred na...
It's a trick question! Or a trick statement! I am a very serious person, some will even say I'm a genius! And we all know there is a fine line between genius and lunacy!

Bon Marley would agree with me when I say it is in our most lucid moments between lunacy that we find profound measures of clarity.

But this has nothing to do with what you asked.

Or does it?

I choose 1 grin
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 12:24pm On May 28, 2016
Acidosis:
99.9% of those who use that line are possessed with evil spirits/mindsets.

If I catch you committing a crime or an evil deed, I will "judge" you. You can die if you don't like it. Better still, wait till I commit a similar crime, so you can judge me too, and together we will build a good nation.

Well and Aptly put!

2 Likes

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 12:42pm On May 28, 2016
hahn:

The concept of the "thou shalt not judge" quote in the bible is simply to restrict people from criticizing and telling us the truth. It is an act of hypocrisy and most people who say this are fond of gossiping about other people's affairs. These same people will "judge" a petty theif and lynch the thief in the same breath as when they say "only god can judge me"

But then, what does it really mean to "judge" someoone. From my simple perspective, a citizen can/should only be judged at the court of law after being charged if convicted after being accused of a crime within the jurisdiction of the law. Nigerians however, also practise jungle justice.

Often, what most people regard as "judgement" is nothing but mere criticism or in some cases, the plain old obvious truth about a person. The "only god can judge me" line is simply an act to avoid being criticized or told the truth about ourselves.

"You are wise to everyone when you say the truth about things but become an asshole when you tell everyone the truth about themselves"- George Carlin
We have slightly differing views.

The modern Christian has interpreted that bit of scripture to mean that they shouldnt speak up when they see thier fellow human beings doing wrong. U hear them fearfully voicing out "touch not my annointed" even though they know for sure the pastor has been sleeping around for example. Or they fall into myndful's erroneous belief that only the 'pure'can judge.

They have forgotten that if they keep quiet in the face of evil they are indirectly supporting it and in fact encouraging it to thrive.

@bolded 3rd paragraph. Very correct.

Long time bro.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by hahn(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2016
5minsmadness:

We have slightly differing views.

The modern Christian has interpreted that bit of scripture to mean that they shouldnt speak up when they see thier fellow human beings doing wrong. U hear them fearfully voicing out "touch not my annointed" even though they know for sure the pastor has been sleeping around for example. Or they fall into myndful's erroneous belief that only the 'pure'can judge.

They have forgotten that if they keep quiet in the face of evil they are indirectly supporting it and in fact encouraging it to thrive.

@bolded 3rd paragraph. Very correct.

Long time bro.

Don't long time me. You no sabi ask of person

The modern Christian has interpreted that bit of scripture to mean that they shouldnt speak up when they see thier fellow human beings doing wrong

They also interpret that bit of the scripture to mean that people should speak up against them also. I scratch your back and you scratch my back. smiley
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by cococandy(f): 4:10pm On May 28, 2016
Point of correction, the world has not become more morally bankrupt. It was worse in the past.
Study your history well.
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by lilmax(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2016
Since when correcting someone became judging someone is what i dont get...smh

Even a child lying will also tell you dont judge me grin.....by the time we realise the line reduces morals it will be too late(america) grin

As for me when ever i see anything wrong it must be corrected
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by crackhaus: 4:44pm On May 28, 2016
5minsmadness:

It's a trick question! Or a trick statement! I am a very serious person, some will even say I'm a genius! And we all know there is a fine line between genius and lunacy!

Bon Marley would agree with me when I say it is in our most lucid moments between lunacy that we find profound measures of clarity.

But this has nothing to do with what you asked.

Or does it?

I choose 1 grin
Lol, it wasn't a trick question...and yea, I'm sure you would choose the first scenario.

The number 2 scenario is judgement... spot the difference wink
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by Ewuro4: 7:11pm On May 28, 2016
Simple .... Condemn the behaviour NOT the person.
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by Acidosis(m): 9:01pm On May 28, 2016
Ewuro4:

How do you condemn a person's behavior without condemning the person? The main issue is we should learn to call a spade a spade at a right time. What is bad is bad, regardless of who is involved.

If we spare a hardened criminal (thief) because condition (poverty) led him into stealing; what about other poor folks out there, most of whom are poorer?

We live in a world where people would always feel insulted when you correct their actions. With statements like "mind your business", " how does it affect you?", I do not think it is possible to correct a person's behavior without condemning the person, especially in this part of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Why Won't You Judge? by DEGREE2466(m): 9:43pm On May 28, 2016
5minsmadness:

Silence means consent.

yea you need to also let them know

http://sagaciousguru..com.ng/2016/05/how-to-naturally-decide-sex-gender-of.html?m=1
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 7:53am On May 29, 2016
DEGREE2466:

yea you need to also let them know

http://sagaciousguru..com.ng/2016/05/how-to-naturally-decide-sex-gender-of.html?m=1

Dem don't need to click your link to know that na

Doggie = Male
Missionary = Female

Voila!
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 7:54am On May 29, 2016
Ewuro4:
Condemn the behavior, and if it's really bad, SHAME the person!
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 7:57am On May 29, 2016
crackhaus:

Lol, it wasn't a trick question...and yea, I'm sure you would choose the first scenario.

The number 2 scenario is judgement... spot the difference wink
You see, I KNEW it was a trick question.
And I didn't choose the first scenario. I simply chose 1 of them. Which one it is is left to your imagination grin
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 7:59am On May 29, 2016
lilmax:
Since when correcting someone became judging someone is what i dont get...smh

Even a child lying will also tell you dont judge me grin.....by the time we realise the line reduces morals it will be too late(america) grin

As for me when ever i see anything wrong it must be corrected

Exactly!
What we do when we say "don't judge" is indirectly encouraging immorality!
Re: Why Won't You Judge? by 5minsmadness: 8:04am On May 29, 2016
cococandy:
Point of correction, the world has not become more morally bankrupt. It was worse in the past.
Study your history well.

Happy Sunday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Every Husband Needs A Girlfriend – Marriage Counselor Advises / This Recession Is A Blessing / Koboko For 26 Years Old: Are You Ever To Old To Get Disciplined?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.