Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) (64121 Views)

Poland Vs Nigeria: International Friendly 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Argentina Vs Nigeria: International Friendly - 2 - 4 (Full Time) / Nigeria Vs Senegal International Friendly: 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by prinsam30: 6:56pm On May 30, 2016
pls will Mikel, Musa, Eminike, Enyema and Yobo be there, if not count me out. I hope Sunday olishe will be their coach?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by nonjebose(m): 7:21pm On May 30, 2016
"Again, we want to build the team gradually by playing
some big football nations as well as some weak football
nations. We are not going to allow them get bashed
anyhow by top teams, they need to get some results to
boost their confidence and progress. Nigerians will
appreciate what we are doing now very soon". I agree with FA on this point. We are introducing new players into the team, and we need to build their confidence for the assignments ahead.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by yoged(m): 7:28pm On May 30, 2016
prinsam30:
pls will Mikel, Musa, Eminike, Enyema and Yobo be there, if not count me out. I hope Sunday olishe will be their coach?
which of the Yobo? yobo has retired
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by prinsam30: 8:15pm On May 30, 2016
yoged:

like seriously

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by ifycent2: 8:18pm On May 30, 2016
One Day, I will see.....
Nigeria Vs Biafra.....
International Friendly Match........

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by mikron(m): 8:39pm On May 30, 2016
another win for the boys from naija, watch out for kelechi iheanacho
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by Rajosh(m): 8:40pm On May 30, 2016
if they don't defeat this Luxembourg, they should be disbanded. Cameron is playing France we're playing Luxembourg.
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by labeerson: 9:16pm On May 30, 2016
Rajosh:
if they don't defeat this Luxembourg, they should be disbanded. Cameron is playing France we're playing Luxembourg.
I tire oo.... iranu match
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by olaarie(m): 9:23pm On May 30, 2016
Nigeria need deliverance, must we play friendly match with such opponent? waste of resources.
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by kiyosaki1(m): 12:02am On May 31, 2016
Nigeria coaches and their mentality,I heard the coach is planning to bench Leon Balogun ,just the same way Samson Siasia bench Kelechi against Egypt .We need a foreign technician our coaches are business men in disguise trying to give playing time to anyone that "settles " at the detriment of our football growth,no wonder anytime foreign coaches are mentioned they go all the way to frustrate it,till we appoint a good and reputable coach Nigeria match is a no no for me.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 12:24am On May 31, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

And you also couldn't mention my moniker?

Bros, I don vex for you, I nor go follow you play again.
Bros, abeg, rebate your perceived resentment.

I apologise smiley.
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 12:28am On May 31, 2016
blueto:

Bros, abeg, rebate your perceived resentment.

I apologise smiley.

Hahahaha, not so soon bro, but I would only if you agree to vote my candidate as miss Nairaland. Deal? *wink*
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 12:32am On May 31, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

Hahahaha, not so soon bro, but I would only if you agree to vote my candidate as miss Nairaland. Deal? *wink*
shocked Sorry Man, I want to vote for Optional1 .

Anyway, who your anger help? tongue .
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 12:49am On May 31, 2016
blueto:
shocked Sorry Man, I want to vote for Optional1 .

Anyway, who your anger help? tongue .

ooppss, no prob bro, optional1 is a good friend, so I endorse and support you give her your vote, I also would be given her mine because voting more than one contestants is allowed, until it gets to the semi final stage, and I wish you would do same, also vote mine simultaneously. What do you think, bro?

My anger? awwww, it was my anger that brought an end to Hitler o. it can bring down mountains.
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by Mickael2(m): 12:52am On May 31, 2016
KINGinVALHALA3:

Was impressed with the squad that played against Mali,
was happy seeing musa Mohammed whom to me is the best right back for Nigeria right now as part of the team.

His exploits in 2013 caf and fifa u17 is still fresh in my memory and same display he also brought to the match against Mali.

Hoping to also see in the nearest future, our next world class goal keeper, dele alampasu; a deadly goalscorer, Isaac success and the Nwakali's brothers in the super eagle. not forgetting Wilfred Ndidi of Genk FC, Belgium.

bro, you didn't watch that match. The game was so dull that nobody realized that fullbacks even played in that game. It was just police football, shoot on sight. There was no time for any overlaps, no time for anything literally. But you are correct, Isaac Success needs to have a future in this team once he reduces his har >cheesy then I wouldnt mind Hull City's Odubajo playing as our right back, Musa Mohammed does not even come close. For me the ideal team with back-ups will be;
GKs: Ikeme and (do we have anyother goalkeeper? We really need to beg Enyeama)

Rbs: Odubajo, Musa Mohammed.

Lbs: Madu, Echejille.

Cbs: Omeruo and Leon Balogun should be our permanent partners or if Leon Balogun moves to full back then Troost Ekong should move in there, Oboabona is just a bench piece, together with some other random defender.

Mfs: Onazi and Mikel can function as our double pivots if we want to play a 4-3-3 But judging by the players we have, we should be considering a 4-1-3-2 formation, with Mikel or Onazi as the sole pivot, Musa, Iwobi and someone like Victor Moses or Moses Simon, preferably Moses Simon. Success should be there too as a bench piece for now.

Forwards: Ighalo, Iheanacho, Ideye and someother striker.

My lineup would be:
Ikeme; Odubajo, Balogun, Omeruo, Madu; Onazi; Musa, Iwobi, Simon; Iheanacho, Ighalo.
Mikel can't play as a single pivot so it makes it hard to include him, Victor Moses can replace Musa or Simon or Iwobi thus providing competition and keeping them fresh, Isaac Success too has changed to a complete winger now at Granada, hopefully he will join Watford too and show his stuff in England, he is pacy and strong but a terrible finisher, so we need to keep him as far away from the goal as possible, he can provide width on the flanks. Then Ideye and can do exactly what Ighalo is there to do-hold up play. I wrote this by 1am so I dont really remember most of our players, feel free to add any new names or formation
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by olanrewajumi(m): 7:07am On May 31, 2016
yeye country.. other African countries are playing against big nations like Germany , Spain and the likes but all we can think of is to play a frdly match with a seemingly small footballing nation..after bullying them with a 5-0 margin, they will start claiming that they have arrived.
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by optional1(f): 11:19am On May 31, 2016
olanrewajumi:
yeye country.. other African countries are playing against big nations like Germany , Spain and the likes but all we can think of is to play a frdly match with a seemingly small footballing nation..after bullying them with a 5-0 margin, they will start claiming that they have arrived.

Lol what can dy do NFA is a very greedy football body in Africa.
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 1:02pm On May 31, 2016
Manchester City's Iheanacho gets second Eagles start

Match winner against Malilast week Kelechi Iheanacho will be rewarded with his second start for the Super Eagles in tonight’s friendly against hosts Luxembourg.

Iheanacho will start alongside Brown Ideye in tonight’s game against Luxembourg. The two strikers were more forceful and daring than the combination of Ighalo and Oghenekaro Etebo,” a team official informed AfricanFootball.comI

keanacho, 19, earned his first start in an AFCON 2017 qualifier in Kaduna against Egypt.

After making his mark with the Nigeria U17s and U20s, the Manchester City starletmade his full international debut against Swaziland in a 2018 World Cup qualifier in November.

Last season, he scored 14 goals in all competitions for Manchester City in his debut season in the EPL.

http://africanfootball.com//news/629707/Manchester-Citys-Iheanacho-gets-second-Eagles-start

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by wayodude(m): 2:13pm On May 31, 2016
Mickael2:

bro, you didn't watch that match. The game was so dull that nobody realized that fullbacks even played in that game. It was just police football, shoot on sight. There was no time for any overlaps, no time for anything literally. But you are correct, Isaac Success needs to have a future in this team once he reduces his har >cheesy then I wouldnt mind Hull City's Odubajo playing as our right back, Musa Mohammed does not even come close. For me the ideal team with back-ups will be;
GKs: Ikeme and (do we have anyother goalkeeper? We really need to beg Enyeama)

Rbs: Odubajo, Musa Mohammed.

Lbs: Madu, Echejille.

Cbs: Omeruo and Leon Balogun should be our permanent partners or if Leon Balogun moves to full back then Troost Ekong should move in there, Oboabona is just a bench piece, together with some other random defender.

Mfs: Onazi and Mikel can function as our double pivots if we want to play a 4-3-3 But judging by the players we have, we should be considering a 4-1-3-2 formation, with Mikel or Onazi as the sole pivot, Musa, Iwobi and someone like Victor Moses or Moses Simon, preferably Moses Simon. Success should be there too as a bench piece for now.

Forwards: Ighalo, Iheanacho, Ideye and someother striker.

My lineup would be:
Ikeme; Odubajo, Balogun, Omeruo, Madu; Onazi; Musa, Iwobi, Simon; Iheanacho, Ighalo.
Mikel can't play as a single pivot so it makes it hard to include him, Victor Moses can replace Musa or Simon or Iwobi thus providing competition and keeping them fresh, Isaac Success too has changed to a complete winger now at Granada, hopefully he will join Watford too and show his stuff in England, he is pacy and strong but a terrible finisher, so we need to keep him as far away from the goal as possible, he can provide width on the flanks. Then Ideye and can do exactly what Ighalo is there to do-hold up play. I wrote this by 1am so I dont really remember most of our players, feel free to add any new names or formation

Your analysis is excellent. I like it when football analysis is done in a thoughtful manner, explaining the reasons behind certain decisions. I don't completely agree with some of it though.

Firstly, Ikeme in goal is of decent quality and we perhaps need to come to terms with the reality which is Enyeama's retirement after 14 yrs of commendable service. I think the Enyimba keeper Afelokhai is the best in the league and should be involved in the set up as an understudy to Ikeme. If Enyimba do well in the Champions League this season I will expect his stock will rise massively.

GK: Ikeme (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

As of today and with what i have seen of Troost-Ekong, he is not better than Oboabona but maybe he has more potential. The fact remains that our defence is currently a shambles. This is not only as a result of the personnel at our disposal at the back, but more because of the lack of continuity in this area. We are always chopping and changing here and very stupidly! e.g In the last 2 yrs we have had Oshaniwa, Madu, Echiejile and Amuzie start as left back. Why?? Is it really that difficult to identify who the best player we have in that position is?

Okay enough about the past. Based on current form, fitness and ability,our best Defensive line if NFF can do their jobs competently in getting change of allegiance sorted out in time should look like this:

RB: Odubajo (Hull City) - He has said a million times he is waiting for a call up from Nigeria. He is better than Muhammed and dont get me started on Ambrose.
CB: Balogun (Mainz) - Always improving both for club and country and commands respect from his teammates. Future captain.
CB: Omeruo (Kasimpasa) - If a better option arises he is the one who would be losing his shirt here. Not top quality yet but the most athletic defender we have, his recovery is good when he's beaten.
LB: Echiejile (Monaco) - When fit he is much much better than the other options here, just needs to tackle harder like a defender should.

Troost-Ekong (Haugesund), Otigba (Hereenven), Oboabona (Rizespor), Awaziem (Porto), Madu (Trencin), Muhammed (Istanbul BB), Akpoguma (Hoffenheim) should keep working harder to displace the above starters.

Oshaniwa (Hearts), Ambrose (Celtic), Shehu Abdullahi (Uniao MAdiera), Eguwuekwe (KuPS), Amuzie (Olhanese SC) Etc SHOULD NOT be considered National Team defenders for now as they are not as good as the above 9 listed. No Home based, for now. Sorry.

In midfield. I dont subscribe to the role of holding midfielders. You are either a box to box midfielder or you dont get in the team. One of the most underrated players in Nigeria today (there are two, I'll name the other later) is John Ogu. He possess good technique and passing ability. His physique is intimidating, he is big and strong, you CANNOT push him off the ball, he is mobile, he can track runners and his shooting from range is similar to Sunday Oliseh's used to be, very potent and accurate! He is our most complete midfielder bar none. He has just won the league in Israel. Yet this man does not even get a call-up. This is partly why I am a pro-foreign coach campaigner because I am 100% sure with a competent foreign coach in place, players like this wont be ignored.

My 2 in midfield will be
CM:John Ogu (Hapoel Beer Sheeva)
CM: Onazi (Lazio). For me he fits the description of box to box midfielder better than the other candidates we have.

If we chose to change it tactically to be defensive either Mikel (Chelsea), Ndidi (Gent) or Ogude (Amkar Perm)
To maintain the offensive flow; Igiebor (Maccabi Tel Aviv), Esiti (Estoril), Rabiu Ibrahim (Trencin) or Igboun (Ufa). We don't have many real top quality midfielders so we need committed hard workers who can do the basics consistently, full stop. The magicians are further up the pitch.

Lukman (Astana), Joel Obi (Torino), Izochukwu (Odense), Etebo (Feirense) etc SHOULD NOT be considered National Team players for now either due to prolonged period of poor form, fitness or as in the case of Etebo, not yet ready for the step up required to play international football.

Now it gets very interesting, in the area of Attacking Midfielder/Wingers. This is where Nigeria is most blessed and yet still managing to screw it up. I don tire! In this area we will need 3 players ideally capable and comfortable in seamlessly switching roles and knowing when to do it without being prompted. To keep it short I will have

LW: Moses Simon (Gent)
AMC: Iheanacho (Man City)
RW: Victor Moses (West Ham)

The options or should i say alternatives will include Iwobi (Arsenal), Aluko (Hull), Success (Granada), Ajagun (Panathinaikos), Babatunde (Qatar SC). Babatunde is the second most underrated player in Nigeria today. He can beat a man, he can shoot, he has pace to burn and makes better decisions in the final third than the likes of Musa and Moses. If fit and in form he will be a starter taking the place of Victor Moses. This is the area where our games will be won as our quality here is excellent!

Finally up front: In selecting a player to lead the line you have to assess and predict how much of the ball the team is going to see. Are we going to control the midfield? Is the opposition midfield stronger than ours with more technical players in abundance such as Spain, Croatia? If we are going to be on top in midfield then I will go with Ahmed Musa as our Striker! All those goals we hear he scores for his club, from what position does he get them? Exactly! He will never get in my team in any other role. Though a good player, he is a woeful winger and his cross completion rate stats must make grim reading. How our local coaches have still not realized this since he made his debut in 2011 is quite astounding. Get me a foreign coach please!! If we are going to be under alot of pressure and would need to hold up the ball when attacking I will go for Brown Ideye.

So here
ST: Musa (CSKA Moscow)
or
ST: Ideye Brown (Olympiacos)

On the bench working hard to come in would include Ujah (Werder Bremen), Ighalo (Watford), Samuel (CSKA Moscow), Kayode (Austria Vienna), Awoniyi (FSV Frankfurt), Umar Sadiq (Roma) and Mfon Udoh (Enyimba).

Imoh (Anderlecht), Osimen (Wolfsburg), Adi (Portland Timbers), Eduok (Esperance), Salami (KuPS), Umar (Osmanilispor), Mbakogu (Carpi 1909) etc will have to keep working hard to get a call up.

So there you have it our best team:

4-2-3-1

GK: Ikeme (Wolverhampton Wanderers)
RB: Odubajo (Hull City)
CB: Balogun (Mainz)
CB: Omeruo (Kasimpasa)
LB: Echiejile (Monaco)
CM:John Ogu (Hapoel Beer Sheeva)
CM: Onazi (Lazio)
LW: Moses Simon (Gent)
AMC: Iheanacho (Man City)
RW: Victor Moses (West Ham)
ST: Musa (CSKA Moscow)

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by Adedoks(m): 3:26pm On May 31, 2016
Is any Dstv station going to show the match
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by pupsyd: 3:40pm On May 31, 2016
Hey guys,
Today free picks has been posted on our website
visit us at www.15soccerpicks.com to check it out

League: ITALY - SERIE B PROMOTION
Kick Off: 31.05 19:30
Match: Trapani Calcio - Spezia Calcio
Pick: First team win either half
________
League: International Friendly Games
Match: Austria - Malta
Pick: 1
_______
League: Italy - Campionato Primavera TIM, Playoff Finals
Match: Inter Milan - AS Roma
Pick: (0:2) 2
________
League: International Friendly Games
Kick Off: 31.05.16 18:00
Match: Luxembourg - Nigeria
Pick: X2
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by optional1(f): 4:49pm On May 31, 2016
prinsam30:

Lolz.

2/6.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by phamarsenal: 4:51pm On May 31, 2016
why is it DAT no dstv station is showing our match
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by optional1(f): 4:52pm On May 31, 2016
yoged:

Enyema nd Sunday Olisa are also out.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by optional1(f): 4:53pm On May 31, 2016
nonjebose:
"Again, we want to build the team gradually by playing
some big football nations as well as some weak football
nations. We are not going to allow them get bashed
anyhow by top teams, they need to get some results to
boost their confidence and progress. Nigerians will
appreciate what we are doing now very soon". I agree with FA on this point. We are introducing new players into the team, and we need to build their confidence for the assignments ahead.

I wish our NFA body will hear u!
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by robosky02(m): 4:59pm On May 31, 2016
waiting for kick off

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by phamarsenal: 5:00pm On May 31, 2016
please where re u watching d match
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by prinsam30: 5:00pm On May 31, 2016
optional1:

Lolz.

2/6.

my dear am I making some common sense if not pls tell me let me start looking for Mr. Ben Bruce the common sense senator
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by optional1(f): 5:01pm On May 31, 2016
mikron:
another win for the boys from naija, watch out for kelechi iheanacho

We know they will win but this country is too small for our body biko.

We need countries lyk Germany, Spain Italy USA, Japan, Argentina nd d likes of other.
Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by optional1(f): 5:06pm On May 31, 2016
prinsam30:

my dear am I making some common sense

Lol

Sorry dear U not making common sense cos Sunday Olisa can neve come back as coach, Yobo has retired, Enyema has retired I dnt think Emenike will even play.
We r only going to see our small small boys. The big boys wont b more in d field of play.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Luxembourg: International Friendly 3 - 1 (Full Time) by optional1(f): 5:09pm On May 31, 2016
robosky02:
waiting for kick off

Sweet Dad pls watch d match nd give me d result, now in sch cant watch it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ronaldinho Detained For Entering Paraguay With A Fake Passport (Photos) / Emmanuel Emenike & His Look-Alike Brother, Ebuka In Dubai / Mbappe Tells PSG He Wants To Leave For Real Madrid After Messi Joins Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.