Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,753 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:37 PM

Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends (48274 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Peace Mass Transit In Accident At Okogbo Town. No Survivors (graphic Photos) / Accident Victim Takes A Selfie At The Scene Posts It On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Harfisco(m): 2:04pm On May 28, 2016
I hate bad newses
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Harfisco(m): 2:04pm On May 28, 2016
I hate bad newses,that is why i did not read it,i commented based on d headline
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by freakffffffffff: 2:08pm On May 28, 2016
RIP Anthony
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by SirdeKay: 2:16pm On May 28, 2016
Most times when I board commercial vehicles, I always ensure that I sit where I can monitor the driver (whether dozing or not) and the speed. I don't sleep until I get to my destination. But what intrigues me is that most if not all the passengers sleep off the moment they are seated. This gives the driver the opportunity to drive recklessly. I've noticed that drivers are more careful when they know that (most, if not all) their passengers are fully awake.
Another issue is that whenever the driver is either over speeding or driving recklessly, instead of all the passengers to join hands in keeping the driver in check, some would be supporting the driver asking him to ignore the complaints saying they have urgent appointments to keep in their destinations. Some even go to the extent of labelling the complaining passengers witches or wizards. Thus encouraging the errant drivers to continue in their nefarious actions.

3 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by cicc2010(f): 2:22pm On May 28, 2016
EVILFOREST:
PEACE MASS TRANSIT wants to destroy the meaning of PEACE.
I am writing from a practical experience.
I left Enugu for Port Harcourt, seated in front.
Few minutes into the journey, while still in Enugu, the peace mass transit driver started nodding his head semiconsciously (SLEEPING behind wheels).

I Screamed and alerted other passengers.
I still appreciate GOD for that, because i saw an incoming truck and the peace Driver had already veered off his lane.

They hardly get some rest.
Challenge passengers all through.
Young and Irresponsible ( most still single)
Usually get angry while behind wheels.
Must respond to every gist.

Terrible set of drivers! I hate peace with passion cause of their reckless driving, they are always ready to quarry with passenger. Those days in school, always pray to get home safe and sound
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by slap1(m): 2:36pm On May 28, 2016
EVILFOREST:
Few minutes into the journey, while still in Enugu, the peace mass transit driver started nodding his head semiconsciously (SLEEPING behind wheels).

I still appreciate GOD for that, because i saw an incoming truck and the peace Driver had already veered off his lane.

You're very correct, especially on the issue of challenging passengers. Some of them call the bluff of security operatives on the road. I've stopped using their services.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by kemmary: 2:48pm On May 28, 2016
PMT used to be very good BTW 2010 and 2013. Don't no wat is wrong with them now. I c God is good as d best for now
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by assana: 2:58pm On May 28, 2016
Rip to the families that lost their loved ones, may God grant them external rest.May God dey deliver us from all this kind of reckless drivers.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by ldpele(m): 3:10pm On May 28, 2016
R.I.P to them all. plied that route same day of the accident, equally used peace, a girl in my bus never stopped crying until I highlighted from the bus, like we Christian will say "in everything give thanks". I mourn with the bereaved family & we pray God to give them the grace to bear this regrettable lost.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by dokiOloye(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2016
EVILFOREST:

The owner of Peace mass transit usually packs all d touts from his native Nsukka who can put a key into an ignition and hands them over buses filled wt passengers and then they go into d world killing ppl anyhow.
Really unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Baroba(m): 3:21pm On May 28, 2016
dokiOloye:
The owner of Peace mass transit usually packs all d touts from his native Nsukka who can put a key into an ignition and hands them over buses filled wt passengers and then they go into d world killing ppl anyhow.
Really unfortunate.

Terrible, I rather walk from Opi to Enugu than enter PMT, I just wish someone will have the balls to ground them for one solid year until they clean their act. Then again this is Nigeria, where bribery and corruption sits like a national monument..

3 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Amhappy(f): 3:49pm On May 28, 2016
RIP Anthony. May your family be consoled.

I do wonder why Peace Mass Transit are still on Nigerian road. After my experience of how a PMT driver got stuck with a trailer that broke down at artillery just in front of CIWA in PH,imagine a stationary vehicle with all the signs etc I knew Peace problem is not physical. 80% of the passengers were injured,the two sisters in front and the driver lost their legs as axe was used to separate the bus from the trailer. Well for those who cares to listen,stop patronizing PMT.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Seun360(m): 4:00pm On May 28, 2016
To think of it that am looking for Death but baba no gree locate me.

OK na.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 28, 2016
Hmmm, this is so sad.

RIP bro.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by stagger: 5:24pm On May 28, 2016
I have had a case where I threatened to physically throw a driver out of a PMT bus and take over the steering when my gentle pleas to slow down on curvy roads were met with sneering and rebuff. The driver stopped at a police checkpoint to report me. Men, the madness I showed that day no get part 2. Even the police guys were begging me to take it easy. People do not seem to realize that life has no duplicate.

Another time a driver carelessly plunged the gear from gear 4 to 3 instead of 5, throwing the bus into a lurch and he almost lost control. The churches and mosques passengers attended were all revealed in an instant as everyone was screaming and calling on their Maker to save them.

Those bus drivers are something else.

2 Likes

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Armstrong34(m): 5:38pm On May 28, 2016
shugaboy6102:
thank you so very much hope they listen
....,dats y i do patronize luxury bus of d young shall grow limited...buh pple go dey laugh me say I dey do like old man.....dem no knw say life na One.....
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by ifeomaekol(f): 5:38pm On May 28, 2016
No matter what we say or write it wnt bring u bck tony----so RIP. May God give ur family, frds d fortitude to bear ur absence forever. Life indeed is a twinkle, hope u make it to heaven. To live in the hearts of those we love is nt to die. #restinpeace
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by valentinegibbs(m): 6:40pm On May 28, 2016
R.I.P...
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by val15: 7:57pm On May 28, 2016
RIP
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by rrikado(m): 9:00pm On May 28, 2016
rest in peace
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by chidifyn(f): 9:08pm On May 28, 2016
She's alive, made it was in coma b4 [ quote author=FrankValency post=46048133]Most of these accident can be prevented, a driver speeding like a flight under a heavy rainfall, knowingly fully the road is just one lane, all in a hurry to go make another trip, now u made ur trip to the land of never returning, how awful to die.

Now, this babe took this pics and posted online abt her been on transit that morning, little did she know, she was making her last post on earth and embarking on a journey of never returning. we don't know the hour , we don't know the day, coming to Nairaland to insult ppl, insult ur leaders and make empty threats, it can happen while u are typing. Live a life u won't regret once it happens suddenly ,because u never can tell, BUT I will never wish my enemy to experience such, never awful event. RIP to all that lost their life, I believe the driver will be saying if I had know by now where ever he is, but it is damn tooooooooo late. Overspending especially on a Nigerian road kills faster than HIV/Aids.... #frankvalency [/quote]
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by CyberEBOLA(m): 12:34am On May 29, 2016
Seun360:
To think of it that am looking for Death but baba no gree locate me.

OK na.
Na so we see am o.
You are not alone
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by ngoziama: 8:09am On May 29, 2016
EVILFOREST:

Gbam!!!!!!! On point.God please never allow me enter that bus for any reason. Infact I had rather trek to my destination than join peace.
Road safety should start suspending or closing up companies that get involved so much in accidents. At least to serve as a warning to the rest. For once, suspend its operations to force them train those killers they call drivers bettter.
Peace i can attest started on a good note but along the line peace became murderers.its really a pity .
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by morereb10: 1:34pm On May 29, 2016
HomeOfMe:
If we had a caring and responsible govt,they would have banned trucks and heavy duty vehicles from plying the roads in the day time,and if you decide to travel at night,at your own risk;but no,our politicians,most of them own the heavy duty trucks,etc.

Ok, lets say our government don't care about us and they are irresponsible, does that mean you as an individual should be careful and appreciate the life you live? what kind of stupidity and over speed they will make that driver crash face to face with a truck?

bottom line, be careful, over speeding kills
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by HomeOfMe(f): 2:02pm On May 29, 2016
morereb10:

Ok, lets say our government don't care about us and they are irresponsible, does that mean you as an individual should be careful and appreciate the life you live? what kind of stupidity and over speed they will make that driver crash face to face with a truck?

bottom line, be careful, over speeding kills
Was it not the truck that rammed into the bus while trying overtaking other vehicles? Except I didn't read the article right.
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Bbklopsy: 12:29am On Jun 01, 2016
Afritop:

THE STORY ON THE HEADLINES WAS THAT THE TRUCK DRIVER WHO WAS ON HIGH SPEED WAS TO BLAME AS HE VEERED OFF HIS PATH TO THE DIRECTION OF THE PEACE TRANSIT DRIVER. EVEN EYEWITNESSES AT THE SCENE GAVE THEIR ACCOUNT THAT PEACE TRANSIT DRIVER WAS NOT OVER SPEEDING. ITS JUST TOO UNFORTUNATE
wrong
Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Dove4Peace: 5:15pm On Oct 12, 2016
May God have mercy on their families and their departed souls find Peace in God's lovely presence.
The Gov't needs to do something about the Transport Sector. Roads are so bad.
May God Bless all Drivers and Travellers. God Bless Peace Mass Transit. I remain your #1 Fan

Re: Tony Erondu, Peace Mass Accident Victim, Mourned By Family & Friends by Dove4Peace: 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
REPORT A CARELESS DRIVER OR RUDE TICKET CLARK TO CUSTOMER CARE. Peace Mass Transit has an excellent system on ground and complains are taken seriously please. Always Report your matter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Road Sign Slices Through A Driver's Car In The UK (Pictures) / The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea / 27 Dead Ethiopians On Way To SA Dumped By Zambian Roadside (GRAPHIC PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.