Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea (48333 Views)

Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea / The Moment Air Peace Plane Landed At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) / Air Niugini Plane Lands In The Ocean, Overshoots Runway In Micronesia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by obafemee80(m): 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeGLY0_psA8

This newly released footage from inside the cockpit of an Air Niugini Boeing 737 plane shows the moment it crashed into the Pacific in Micronesia, Papua New Guinea, last year September. It was filmed by an alarmed aircraft maintenance engineer on his iPhone.

The plane was flying from Pohnpei to Chuuk, both in the Federated States of Micronesia, when it crashed and sank to about 98 feet (30 meters) of water, killing one person.

Investigators from Papua New Guinea Accident Investigation Commission (PNG AIC) said the plane missed the runway by 1,500 feet (460 meters) in weather with poor visibility that required pilots to rely on their instruments.

The report also said the captain and first officer ignored a total of 17 audible warnings that they were flying too low.

The report read:
"The crew were fixated on the task of landing the aircraft and did not notice the visual PULL UP caution alert at the bottom of their PFD.

"Therefore, they (the crew) did not take any positive action to arrest the high rate of descent and avoid landing in the lagoon. In fact, neither of the pilots were aware of the rapidly unfolding unsafe situation.

"The crew seemed to have disregarded and talked over all the caution annunciations. The crew had experienced those type of cautions on previous flights and perceived them as nuisance alerts with no resultant consequence."

The report continued:
"The flight crew did not take corrective action to bring the aircraft back onto the required flight path. The flight crew disregarded and continuously talked over the aural alerts.

"Both pilots were not situationally aware and did not recognise the developing significant unsafe condition during the approach."

Thirty-four passengers and 12 crew members were later rescued by local boats and US Navy divers, with six passengers seriously injured.

The report also found that the only passenger that died -- whose body was discovered by divers three days after the crash -- wasn't wearing a seat belt -- which allowed his body to become a projectile sustaining traumatic head and facial injuries.

https://autojosh.com/terrifying-footage-from-cockpit-shows-moment-boeing-737-crashed-into-the-sea/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by Amazingman(m): 11:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
This pilot sef. I told you to crash land in aso rock , u did something else. sad You're fired.

12 Likes

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by thesicilian: 11:33pm On Jul 23, 2019
Preventable accident, preventable death. Both due to failure to obey simple instructions.

67 Likes

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by Originalsly: 3:57am On Jul 24, 2019
thesicilian:

Preventable accident, preventable death. Both due to failure to obey simple instructions.

The bitter truth.

34 Likes

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by legalwealth(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2019
Hmm! !!
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by MurderEnglish(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2019
shocked

The Boeing company is in its worst. From 737 max now is the 737

1 Like

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by rawpadgin(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2019
Some pilots are just too stubborn

If i was there, the way i will desend on the stupid crew ehn

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2019
Airplanes!
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by Kendumazy(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2019
Mheeen
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by Ultimatezlant: 10:50am On Jul 24, 2019
737 again?
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by Webdeveloper201: 10:51am On Jul 24, 2019
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by Simplyleo: 10:51am On Jul 24, 2019
Nlers, I trust you can get this for me. I have been searching for this meme but to no avail.

Pls, it is that meme with one dude hold a stick behind him and knocking at the the door saying "pls open the door, I have something to tell you". 

Pls I need that meme, anyone with it should pls help.

8 Likes

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 24, 2019
I want to become a pilot, if truly this how planes crashes
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by bestman09(m): 10:52am On Jul 24, 2019
Human negligence. Thank God that all, except 1 person were rescued. If it's in Nigeria, everyone would have died before the rescue team will show up

NWAMAIKPE is back!

3 Likes

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by savcy(m): 10:52am On Jul 24, 2019
IF YOU KNOW YOU'RE YET TO EVER BOARD A FLIGHT, LIKE ME, AVOID FOOTAGE LIKE THIS ONE. OR ELSE, YOUR FIRST AND SUBSEQUENT FLIGHT EXPERIENCES WOULD BE HELL.

BE WARNED!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by seunmohmoh(f): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2019
Can plane crash in the sea?
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by Darkseid(m): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2019
This has not been a good year for Boeing, and to think that I was gonna get one for my dad on his birthday undecided undecided
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by MobilityExpress: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2019
shocked
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by MobilityExpress: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2019
Me Travelling by Road grin

Me Travelling by Air grin

5 Likes

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by Kylekent59: 10:56am On Jul 24, 2019
Had it been he wore the seat belt, he would still be alive to witness their safety and testimony.

More reason why it is good to adhere to precautions and warning alert and also follow instructions.

1 Like

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by Btruth: 10:56am On Jul 24, 2019
Jail the captain & the co-pilot first before investigations will commence.
awon oloshi apa'eyan!
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by Lovelife433(m): 11:00am On Jul 24, 2019
fake NEWS
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by 1x2x3: 11:02am On Jul 24, 2019
Op don't post rubbish again. There is nothing terrifying in the video.
Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by SODbaba2(m): 11:02am On Jul 24, 2019
See as the lagoon water clean, one will clearly see his mirror. Come to Lagos huh.

2 Likes

Re: The Moment Air Niugini Plane Crashed Into Sea In Micronesia, Papua New Guinea by obama30: 11:02am On Jul 24, 2019
obafemee80:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeGLY0_psA8

This newly released footage from inside the cockpit of an Air Niugini Boeing 737 plane shows the moment it crashed into the Pacific in Micronesia, Papua New Guinea, last year September. It was filmed by an alarmed aircraft maintenance engineer on his iPhone.

The plane was flying from Pohnpei to Chuuk, both in the Federated States of Micronesia, when it crashed and sank to about 98 feet (30 meters) of water, killing one person.

Investigators from Papua New Guinea Accident Investigation Commission (PNG AIC) said the plane missed the runway by 1,500 feet (460 meters) in weather with poor visibility that required pilots to rely on their instruments.

The report also said the captain and first officer ignored a total of 17 audible warnings that they were flying too low.

The report read:

The report continued:

Thirty-four passengers and 12 crew members were later rescued by local boats and US Navy divers, with six passengers seriously injured.

The report also found that the only passenger that died -- whose body was discovered by divers three days after the crash -- wasn't wearing a seat belt -- which allowed his body to become a projectile sustaining traumatic head and facial injuries.

https://autojosh.com/terrifying-footage-from-cockpit-shows-moment-boeing-737-crashed-into-the-sea/

But there's only two recorded boeing 737 accident the one at Indonesia and Ethiopia air line, this your news ....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girl, 15, Among Four Migrants Found Hidden Inside Car Dashboards And Engines / 27 Dead Ethiopians On Way To SA Dumped By Zambian Roadside (GRAPHIC PICS) / Oke Osharode: Cape Verde, Travelling With Nigerian Passport May Mean Deportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.