Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,921 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers (1177 Views)

Court Of Appeal Dismisses Jimoh Ibrahim's Application (pics) / Niger Delta Avengers Website Blocked / "Don't Attack Soldiers, Oil Workers & Aircrafts" - Niger Delta Avengers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by a2personal2013: 2:44am On May 28, 2016
My fellow countrymen from the Niger Delta. We have seen from you recent actions that we are fed up with the ruling class of the nation especially with the Northern Elders who think they own Nigeria more every other citizen. We understand the frustrations of being in a country where you are treated worse than an alien will be treated. We saw what happened in the last dispensation where the very first leader from this region that feeds the fat cows was not just humiliated but threatened repeatedly.

He was called various names , from clueless to ogogoro drinking ......The North made sure there was problem everyday we woke up. The success of the terrorist were much celebrated with the press doing good justice to showing the world how incompetent his administration was. In as much as I did not like his style of leadership, I never supported the way he was treated as a president. Despite his wide tolerance for the rule of law and robust respect for human right, he was not spared by the opposition.

Fast forward to the new administration, who will not hide their hatred for the region; we were labelled as 5%. The president basking in the euphoria of victory actually told the world he would rather deliver dividends of good governance to those that supported his ambition first ! This only told the world the hatred they have for this region.

I must reiterate that we feel your pain. We experience worse in every sphere of our daily leaving. Its almost impossible for us to be employed into the civil service or even the oil companies that drain oil from our lands. Employment has to come from their head quarters in Lagos yet the oil is found in our lands. They call us lazy , yet we come out with good grades from every school around the world. I stand to be corrected, there is no school in the country and in the world today where you don't have persons from the Niger delta amongst their honours list. Yet they say we are uneducated and least qualified !

Our communities and environment has been destroyed by activities of these oil companies , yet the oil must be drilled by the greater 95%. Even our under aged girls will be married by the same 95% ( Ese Oruru and others). Our farmlands are no longer safe because they have to be given to the 95% ( Fulani Herdsmen). And the list goes on. We understand we are tired of the central government and needed to act.

We have heard your message. We have seen actions rather than just threat. We understand how civil you are not to cause human casualties. We understand you are here to frustrate the Government to make them understand that the bird that lays the golden egg must be compensated and taken care of. We feel your frustration and want to inform you that " WE AIN'T MAD AT YA "

However, we must also appeal to you that you do not scratch your body the way it itches otherwise your entire body will be sore. You have proved a point to the world of your capabilities and have done that pretty well ! We want to appeal to your good heart like you have displayed to have A RETHINK. We should embrace this opportunity given by the government to dialogue. We should bring our grievance to the table so that we can move forward again.

We have a huge stake in this Business called " NIGERIA" We have made enormous contributions to its financial survival . Let us temper our anger with mercy and withold our fire. Let us try peace and make things work. Our continous actions will only make things worse than they already are. Let us collectively start on a new page. Let us put forth our demands on the table so that we can alleviate the suffering of our people.

You have shown the world that you care for humanity by not picking on human targets. We understand your fight is for a better life for our people. Please let us make things a little softer so that we can remember tomorrow that you guys championed a new path for the real struggle for the emancipation of the Niger Delta.

I know and believe strongly that you read this blog where the defenceless masses poor out their heart content. I am appealing to your conscience to "PLEASE" GIVE PEACE A CHANCE !!

LONG LIVE THE NIGER DELTA REGION
LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by olatunjithomas(m): 2:46am On May 28, 2016
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by pinkyliceous(f): 2:48am On May 28, 2016
Nice letter but I wish it was written by Buhari.
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by LRNZH(m): 3:09am On May 28, 2016
Lalasticlala...things are happening here o...
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 3:18am On May 28, 2016
First appeal for freedom, liberty and justice.

Slavery, servitude and second class citizenship is over.

Nepotism Alert: Update Of Buhari's Lopsided Appointments
https://www.nairaland.com/3129540/nepotism-alert-update-buharis-lopsided
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by SuperSupremo(m): 3:23am On May 28, 2016
OK
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by aljharem(m): 3:46am On May 28, 2016
SMH.
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by rusher14: 3:56am On May 28, 2016
a2personal2013:

My fellow countrymen from the Niger Delta. We have seen from you recent actions that we are fed up with the ruling class of the nation especially with the Northern Elders who think they own Nigeria more every other citizen. We understand the frustrations of being in a country where you are treated worse than an alien will be treated. We saw what happened in the last dispensation where the very first leader from this region that feeds the fat cows was not just humiliated but threatened repeatedly.

He was called various names , from clueless to ogogoro drinking ......The North made sure there was problem everyday we woke up. The success of the terrorist were much celebrated with the press doing good justice to showing the world how incompetent his administration was. In as much as I did not like his style of leadership, I never supported the way he was treated as a president. Despite his wide tolerance for the rule of law and robust respect for human right, he was not spared by the opposition.

Fast forward to the new administration, who will not hide their hatred for the region; we were labelled as 5%. The president basking in the euphoria of victory actually told the world he would rather deliver dividends of good governance to those that supported his ambition first ! This only told the world the hatred they have for this region.

I must reiterate that we feel your pain. We experience worse in every sphere of our daily leaving. Its almost impossible for us to be employed into the civil service or even the oil companies that drain oil from our lands. Employment has to come from their head quarters in Lagos yet the oil is found in our lands. They call us lazy , yet we come out with good grades from every school around the world. I stand to be corrected, there is no school in the country and in the world today where you don't have persons from the Niger delta amongst their honours list. Yet they say we are uneducated and least qualified !

Our communities and environment has been destroyed by activities of these oil companies , yet the oil must be drilled by the greater 95%. Even our under aged girls will be married by the same 95% ( Ese Oruru and others). Our farmlands are no longer safe because they have to be given to the 95% ( Fulani Herdsmen). And the list goes on. We understand we are tired of the central government and needed to act.

We have heard your message. We have seen actions rather than just threat. We understand how civil you are not to cause human casualties. We understand you are here to frustrate the Government to make them understand that the bird that lays the golden egg must be compensated and taken care of. We feel your frustration and want to inform you that " WE AIN'T MAD AT YA "

However, we must also appeal to you that you do not scratch your body the way it itches otherwise your entire body will be sore. You have proved a point to the world of your capabilities and have done that pretty well ! We want to appeal to your good heart like you have displayed to have A RETHINK. We should embrace this opportunity given by the government to dialogue. We should bring our grievance to the table so that we can move forward again.

We have a huge stake in this Business called " NIGERIA" We have made enormous contributions to its financial survival . Let us temper our anger with mercy and withold our fire. Let us try peace and make things work. Our continous actions will only make things worse than they already are. Let us collectively start on a new page. Let us put forth our demands on the table so that we can alleviate the suffering of our people.

You have shown the world that you care for humanity by not picking on human targets. We understand your fight is for a better life for our people. Please let us make things a little softer so that we can remember tomorrow that you guys championed a new path for the real struggle for the emancipation of the Niger Delta.

I know and believe strongly that you read this blog where the defenceless masses poor out their heart content. I am appealing to your conscience to "PLEASE" GIVE PEACE A CHANCE !!

Is Nigeria the only country from which oil is extracted?

Is Nigeria the only country from which oil is extracted such that oil spills are so common?

Do the oil companies drop their global standards whilst carrying out their exploration in Nigeria?

Do these spills occur only in the shallow water, land oil blocks or do they extend to deepwater at similar regularity.

Make una fear God.

I insist there's no body to beg. The NDA should do its worst and we'll see who would cry -

The "Nigerians", The "Presidency and all it stands for" or The "Niger Deltans".

Criminals camouflaged as freedom fighters.

This scenario if allowed to brew can only lead to several local militias.

Would an Itshekiri man choose for an Ijaw man?

Would an Ijaw man speak for the Urhobos?

Let us applaud these cultists and dissidents dressed up as knights in shinning armour.

1 Like

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 5:13am On May 28, 2016
@op good reasoning,but the fact is these guys already have their demand on the table. The government on its own should try to make the right contacts instead of meeting with the wrong militants who are only interested in their stomach to protect the pipeline and hunt for the NDA.
They the govt must in all seriousness find out the conduit to reach out to the real boys in the NDA.
Then the NDA in return because I know you are reading this, I hail you guys and thank God for keeping me alive to witness this day. You guys have spoken and made an indelible mark, however I still feel we can dialogue with the govt. This dialogue must however be for the whole good of the people of the ND. Also,I implore you guys to make true federalism your minimal demand and nothing less,but this must be done by appointing a 100% trusted person on your behalf to negotiate with govt.
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by anwe: 5:21am On May 28, 2016
rusher14:

Is Nigeria the only country from which oil is extracted?

Is Nigeria the only country from which oil is extracted such that oil spills are so common?

Do the oil companies drop their global standards whilst carrying out their exploration in Nigeria?

Do these spills occur only in the shallow water, land oil blocks or do they extend to deepwater at similar regularity.

Make una fear God.

I insist there's no body to beg. The NDA should do its worst and we'll see who would cry -

The "Nigerians", The "Presidency and all it stands for" or The "Niger Deltans".

Criminals camouflaged as freedom fighters.

This scenario if allowed to brew can only lead to several local militias.

Would an Itshekiri man choose for an Ijaw man?

Would an Ijaw man speak for the Urhobos?

Let us applaud these cultists and dissidents dressed up as knights in shinning armour.

Boko Haram talking. It won't change the action of the boys
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by HammerTheirPapa(f): 6:28am On May 28, 2016
I don't know why people are so daft.especially southerners. Muslim Abookies see peace and dialogue as weakness. You've lived with these people for 100 years, if you still don't realize that muslim abookies only respect violence, then no jupiter can help you. If you still do not understand that nobody can get anything from an Abooki by preaching peace then you are in trouble. They are only reaping the seed of violence that they sowed since the days of lugard!

3 Likes

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by MrCow(m): 6:36am On May 28, 2016
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by Nobody: 6:45am On May 28, 2016
Who wrote an appeal to Boko haram when they were wrecking havork to Johnathans administration NDA is avenging the northerners since they vowed to make the country ungovernable for Jonathan , them too will have no piece.

1 Like

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by MrCow(m): 6:45am On May 28, 2016
lolz

How does this change their decision

they are hellbent on their stance and this won't do anything except it's coming from the presidency ;Dlolz

1 Like

Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:04pm On May 28, 2016
see fear.
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by incomintop: 3:12pm On May 28, 2016
how i wish buhari can write this letter and signed it by himself to the avengers it will help a lot
than sending army to harass innocent civilians
Re: A Letter Of Appeal To The Niger Delta Avengers by ijawmilitant1(m): 3:18pm On May 28, 2016
a2personal2013:

Bros its too late. D zoo must fall. I am an ijaw man, a graduate of petrol engineering. 2,1. No work. And u say make I no carry gun? Alakwa. D zoo must fall. Buhari cannot use 5% to feed 97% . It must stop and it will stop this year.

(1) (Reply)

Name Checkers And Yoruba Supremacists / Court Grants Bail To All 4 Accused Persons:saraki,ekweremadu,maikasuwa & Efeture / Edo Decides: Pastor Ize Iyamu's Wife Attacked In Oshiomole's Home Town Of Iyamho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.