Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) (1239 Views)

Please Help!!! Is My Car Having A Brake Pad Issue Or Wheel Bearing? / Toyota Corrola Brake Pad Noise / How To Replace Your Brake Pad In 6 Easy Steps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) by Nobody: 2:51am On May 28, 2016
Last weekend, I changed the rear disc and pads on my BMW motorcycle.

https://www.nairaland.com/3118062/bmw-r1200rt-p-rear-brake-disc

This weekend I'll be changing the front brake pads only. However, while in there I'll take a very close-up look at the front end.

Re: BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 28, 2016
On this job, there's not a whole lot to show because it's as easy as pie - go BMW grin

Only one T30 screw (30NM torque) and both pads per side came right out.

The pads were still in good serviceable shape with no wear to the wear lines and they were stock Brembos. But I went ahead and changed them anyways but will keep them hung in the rafters for emergency.

Dealership (or stealership grin ) would want about $250 for this job but I got it done for $70, not bad for about 10 minutes of work.

Enjoy.

Re: BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 28, 2016
It's nice to know that you are doing this maintenance on your own @ least the extra money that would have been given to those stealer ships would be used to buy fuel for your bike and do other important things.
Re: BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 28, 2016
dumo1:
It's nice to know that you are doing this maintenance on your own @ least the extra money that would have been given to those stealer ships would be used to buy fuel for your bike and do other important things.

Yeah man.

I do most of my own work anyway, but I noticed that most work on here are on cars, so I wanted to rep bikers too.

Re spending savings on other things? Well, 1,000 blocks are being delivered to site as I type in Niaja grin

Re: BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 28, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yeah man.

I do most of my own work anyway, but I noticed that most work on here are on cars, so I wanted to rep bikers too.

Re spending savings on other things? Well, 1,000 blocks are being delivered to site as I type in Niaja grin
Sir what's the progress with the house and is it going as you expected?
Re: BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 28, 2016
dumo1:

Sir what's the progress with the house and is it going as you expected?

Thanks for asking.

It's going deliberately slow, but according to schedule somewhat. I said somewhat because for example the roof was supposed to be installed this past Monday but now delayed between the roof structure guy and the aluminum guy (lesson learned - give the roof job to one outfit so no finger pointing).

I don't retire until 12 more years so no real hurry, although I will finish it much more sooner than that - but not going for a record build if you know what I mean cool
Re: BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 28, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Thanks for asking.

It's going deliberately slow, but according to schedule somewhat. I said somewhat because for example the roof was supposed to be installed this past Monday but now delayed between the roof structure guy and the aluminum guy (lesson learned - give the roof job to one outfit so no finger pointing).

I don't retire until 12 more years so no real hurry, although I will finish it much more sooner than that - but not going for a record build if you know what I mean cool
12 more years wow! you still have some fresh vampire blood inside you.and I wholeheartedly agree with you on outsourcing the whole roof job to one outfit. And so maybe the rains too might affect the roofing work.
Re: BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) by ataspray(m): 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2016
I have sent you a PM Egunmogaji. It pertains to your question on how to get firearms license in Nigeria, I saw something on it, incase you are still interested in finding out.

Also, have it in mind that the license only covers shotguns and pistols, not assault rifles like you guys sling about anyhow in the states grin
Only the Nigerian President can issue a license for automatic firearms I think.

1 Like

Re: BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2016
ataspray:
I have sent you a PM Egunmogaji. It pertains to your question on how to get firearms license in Nigeria, I saw something on it, incase you are still interested in finding out.

Also, have it in mind that the license only covers shotguns and pistols, not assault rifles like you guys sling about anyhow in the states grin
Only the Nigerian President can issue a license for automatic firearms I think.

I responded, thanks.

One of the tricks is converting semi auto pistols to fully autos.
Re: BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) by kolnel: 8:16am On Jun 06, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I responded, thanks.

One of the tricks is converting semi auto pistols to fully autos.

One question I would have loved to ask is how have you managed to amass so much wealth of experience in diverse fields

Maybe curiosity?

2 Likes

Re: BMW R1200RT-P Front Brake Pad Replacement (PICS) by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 06, 2016
kolnel:

One question I would have loved to ask is how have you managed to amass so much wealth of experience in diverse fields

Maybe curiosity?

It's natural curiosity coupled with the opportunity of growing up and living in a country that allows and promotes such.

Case in point, 20 years back I got my private pilots license. It was only $49 per hour for 20 hours, shikena.

Similar thing with autos. Normal curiosity will make me buy a $500 Porsche and fix it or at least try to. Others will run away from such but I can watch YouTube videos (unlimited internet at home and on phone) and I can order parts on eBay/Amazon and have it delivered within days, sometimes same day via Amazon.

Thanks.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Meet The Latest Super Car In Town, The Bugatti Chiron! / Car Advice: Vehicle Suspension Problems / Honda CRV 1997-2000 Service Manual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.