Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. (26655 Views)

Woman Electrocuted In Ebonyi State (disturbing Photos) / Security Guard Poses With Huge Python After Killing It In Imo State. Photo / 7-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benin (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by spargs(m): 7:26am On May 28, 2016
A middle-aged man, simply identified as Benjamin, has been electrocuted in Benin, the Edo State capital.

It was learnt that the deceased was a security guard in the building located on Federal road, in Egor Local Government Area of the state.

He was said to have assisted some bricklayers working within the building when the incident occurred.

An eyewitness explained that the deceased had attempted to disconnect a borehole from electricity supply when he was electrocuted on Wednesday.

The incident attracted sympathisers, who gathered to catch a glimpse of the corpse, even as some of them cried as a result of the circumstance leading to Benjamin’s death.

According to a source, the victim was rushed to the Central Hospital in Benin, where he was reportedly confirmed dead.

A resident in the area said that Benjamin died before he could get any medical attention.

“People were shouting; we thought a snake or a rabbit was being killed. When we came in, we saw that someone had been electrocuted.

“We took him to the hospital, but before we got there, he gave up. He was working with the bricklayers.”

Efforts to reach the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Osifo Abiodun, were not successful as calls put across to his mobile phone rang out.

But the brother of the deceased, Randy Mandi, who expressed shock over the development, said that he was told that other workers in the building fled when the incident occurred.

He, however, noted that the matter was reported to the police, saying, “I was informed that my brother was dead. When I came around, I saw him (deceased) on the ground.

“When I asked about the bricklayers who were working in the building, I was told that they ran away. Now, we are looking for them. We have called the police.”

http://www.punchng.com/security-guard-electrocuted-edo/

1 Share

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Cutehector(m): 7:30am On May 28, 2016
Police is ur friend cool

May his soul rest in piece

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by spargs(m): 7:33am On May 28, 2016
Evn those bricklayer sef......well I no blame them cuz "I no follow for station na 5k"

12 Likes

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by ijustdey: 10:19pm On May 28, 2016
http://www.punchng.com/security-guard-electrocuted-edo/
for the full story and pics
cc lalasticlala
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by laprince(m): 10:27pm On May 28, 2016
awww.
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by skillet(m): 10:27pm On May 28, 2016
Rip to the dead. With our lack of power,we should have zero rate of electrocutions.

6 Likes

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Omotayor123(f): 10:29pm On May 28, 2016
God! shocked I don't blame the bricklayers though undecided

I hope he rest in peace!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by ettaetta(m): 10:29pm On May 28, 2016
I blame buhari

3 Likes

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by emiwanlee(m): 10:29pm On May 28, 2016
Life is not fair
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by kennyblaze007(m): 10:31pm On May 28, 2016
Na wa ooooo...
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by elosonservices(m): 10:31pm On May 28, 2016
RIP.

1 Like

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by ochubaebube(m): 10:33pm On May 28, 2016
over the past weeks, we heard a lot of news about electrocution. two or three days ago, it was a 14 year old girl, today, it is a policeman. What is Fashola doing oh RIP

1 Like

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by NextGovernor(m): 10:34pm On May 28, 2016
Lost a close friend (an electrical/electronic engineer) who was electrocuted on sunday when working in the same benin. Is this the reigning thing now?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Onasa22: 10:35pm On May 28, 2016
God have mercy on us
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by donziller(m): 10:35pm On May 28, 2016
RIP oga
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by otiigba1(m): 10:38pm On May 28, 2016
A security guard turn DIY electrician. Nigerians with their ignorance an unqualified security guard attempting to disconnect power. With no basic health and safety experience or equipment.
Next time he sees electric he will not go near it.should have stuck to what he knew best, Security Guarding!

4 Likes

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 28, 2016
Simple CPR might have saved this man's life.

2 Likes

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Sharon6(f): 10:41pm On May 28, 2016
OMG!!! What a sad way to go. May his soul RIP.

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE!!!

1 Like

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by fejicruz(m): 10:42pm On May 28, 2016
While the likes of me are praying for power supply just to charge phone, someone is getting electrocuted. Very unfortunate.
May his soul rest in peace.
NB: I have not had power supply since 7th May.

1 Like

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 28, 2016
skillet:
Rip to the dead. With our lack of power,we should have zero rate of electrocutions.

Maybe that's what he thought too and NEPA restored light untimely.

2 Likes

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by xender(m): 10:48pm On May 28, 2016
angry sad
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Mide94: 10:51pm On May 28, 2016
Nawa oo
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Scream(m): 10:51pm On May 28, 2016
otiigba1:
A security guard turn DIY electrician. Nigerians with their ignorance an unqualified security guard attempting to disconnect power. With no basic health and safety experience or equipment.
Next time he sees electric he will not go near it.should have stuck to what he knew best, Security Guarding!

Guy read!

3 Likes

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by valdes00(m): 10:55pm On May 28, 2016
spargs:
Evn those bricklayer sef......well I no blame them cuz "I no follow for station na 5k"
Bros, he b like say dem don carry u for this kind thing bfor.... He happen for my face, na 5yrs in prisonment for some crime oo ..... R.I.P to the man

1 Like

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Luvties(m): 10:56pm On May 28, 2016
ochubaebube:
over the past weeks, we heard a lot of news about electrocution. two or three days ago, it was a 14 year old girl, today, it is a policeman. What is Fashola doing oh RIP

Security guard not a Police officer

1 Like

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by macino1(m): 10:59pm On May 28, 2016
wow
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by powerfulsettingz: 11:01pm On May 28, 2016
People to blame
Jonathan
Obasanjo
Deziani
Iweala
Babs nanji
Saraki
Efcc
Federal high court

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Gayigaskia(m): 11:05pm On May 28, 2016
Security guy with no shoes? Is that how they do it in Naija? RIP

1 Like

Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by otiigba1(m): 11:07pm On May 28, 2016
Scream:

Guy read!
yes! I read it, all of it. i know it says he is DEAD! I was just being sarcastic tongue
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Akwasi(m): 11:08pm On May 28, 2016
This is so sad. A man was killed trying to remove an electrocuted man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuKeO8KehfU
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by 9t9jacobs: 11:21pm On May 28, 2016
The bricklayers saved themselves first from the Nigeria Police. You can imagine our orientation.

..I no follow = 10k for Nigeria police
..we are short of blood or water = Nigeria Doctor
..Case have been adjourned till Dec. 22/2016 = Nigeria lawyer.
Re: Security Guard Electrocuted In Edo. by Paentera(m): 11:36pm On May 28, 2016
Akwasi:
This is so sad. A man was killed trying to remove an electrocuted man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuKeO8KehfU

The second dude suffered 30% second degree burns but did not die as he was saved from the almost fatal fall by the roofing sheet he fell on.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biography Of Oyo 2019 PDP Guber Candidate,seyi Makinde|wife Tamunominni Makinde / Local Boat Caught Fire In The Middle Of A River In Bayelsa / Happy New Month to all Nairalanders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.