Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? (38672 Views)

GT Bank: Stealing Is Not Corruption. / How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? / CBN Makes SMS Alert Mandatory For All Account Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by ChikaSunday(m): 3:32pm On May 29, 2016
dotcomnamename:
Got this this morning from First Bank. I never request for SMS alert service, i only requested for email alert. See what i got.

This is a transaction notification on your account.

TRANSACTION DETAILS
Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

Amount: N56.00 DR

Transaction Narrative: 23-Apr-2016 to 22-MAY-2016 SMS Alert Charge

Anybody ever receive this?

"No be small thin o" according to Tubaba. First bank did the same to me o! I left #1,100 in my account since end of March. Early ours of today they just ripped me of #20. Access bank collected #8 from their own for the same SMS alert and I didnt use any of the two banks since March except my GTB: only God knows wht GTB might chunk off later in the week: all for doing nothing o! In fact, any movie producer or director that I write movie for henceforth, they will give me my #200, 000 cash. I don't need the banks any more.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 29, 2016
Abcruz:
Yeah. They even deducted mine twice..
First bank are thief, they have been stealing from me for a long time. Can you imagine they charge me twice for sms alert, to makes the matter worse I don't receive credit alert. Wen I confront them via mail yesterday they told me that the charge is for quick balance enquiry, I wonder where they drive that from. Not to talk of their administrative fees. I just withdrew all my money from the account except the 1k that I'm sure they will soon take it all. Cbn should look into this cos it's getting out of hand. I wonder how savings account will be charged close to 300 naira monthly for sms alert.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Saucekide25(m): 3:34pm On May 29, 2016
First Bank Always deducts money every month end even though av abandoned my account for the past three months... Sadly this hasn't changed up till now
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by ikmuan(m): 3:36pm On May 29, 2016
The sole reason why I closed my account with first bank. The annoying part of it is dat I never subscribed to SMS alert jus email alert wch I knw is free. I don't get to receive any alert yet dey charge me for it, I av complained to them so many times n much later av to overlook it but wen they deducted over 350 naira some months back for maintenance fee n God knws wot...... The next day I withdrew all my money n dat was a gud bye. Diamond bank making me proud for now.

3 Likes

Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Silumi(f): 3:40pm On May 29, 2016
dotcomnamename:
Got this this morning from First Bank. I never request for SMS alert service, i only requested for email alert. See what i got.

TRANSACTION DETAILS

Go and complain asap it might be a worker stealing frm customers tru this means the management may not even b aware i pay #12 for both email and texts
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by solidman59(m): 3:40pm On May 29, 2016
Nigerians and whining..... You want sms alerts and you are obliged. You are aware of the charges and you get charged and you still complain.

If you can't bear the charges, ask for it to be deactivated, email is free!!!!!!

Try and calculate the number of sms you have got from transactions in your account and multiply by four, if it doesn't add up then you have a case. But since you are too lazy to calculate it, shut up and move on.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by 234GT(m): 3:40pm On May 29, 2016
CJ310:

Don't mind them. Didn't request either but they charged me 148 naira for sms alert last month. I will still sit down and count the sms they sent then multiply by 4 naira cos they be major scammers.

That will not work. Go to the bank and obtain your account statement for the period you were charged. Divide the amount you were charged by four and you will get the number of debit and credit transactions for that period.

These things are automated. It is not like crazy bills from NEPA.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by mbhs139(m): 3:42pm On May 29, 2016
dotcomnamename:

TRANSACTION DETAILS

Transaction Narrative: 23-Apr-2016 to 22-MAY-2016 SMS Alert Charge Anybody ever receive this?

See what they charge me.

Account Number: 309XXXX612

Amount: N176.00 DR

Transaction Date: 28-May-16 03:25 AM
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by ikmuan(m): 3:45pm On May 29, 2016
UGLYS:
It is very simple. There is a charge for every sms received from the bank be it a debit or credit transaction, it is never free. Now if you do not want to receive sms alert services, visit any FirstBank branch outlet and request for a de-activation or call/write FirstContact and do ya request. For free services, use the email alert services.

As for me, the bank remains my best. I used to get charges for sms till I got them deactivated.

And for that fella peddling cheap lies of the bank getting liquidated as informed ya by your reliable insider, you should have disowned that false info head on. It is FirstBank, over 100yrs ain't 100months nor 100days. It's 1894 not 1984.
I av met with d cc to deactivate my acct frm sms alert dat I never subscribed to at d point of opening d account yet deductions continues on my acct
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Phelicx(m): 3:48pm On May 29, 2016
dotcomnamename:

TRANSACTION DETAILS

...and you didn't complete the msg. Was that all they sent? Wat abt de BALANCE?
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by vivavik(f): 3:49pm On May 29, 2016
Yes o. I noticed the same when I did some transactions yesterday, first bank is doing some fishy things.

1 Like

Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by A1official(m): 3:55pm On May 29, 2016
Bros...those people are thieves. nah so FBN take comot 200 sumtin naira for my acc on friday........i just tire ooo
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by damkin24(m): 4:01pm On May 29, 2016
First bank is a cheat....I received same. Mine is #24
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by CoCoLav(f): 4:03pm On May 29, 2016
They are thieves!

Account that I haven't used since last year, they keep sending me debit alert for SMS charges. If there is no activity in my account, what is the alert for? Last month they charged me N20 for SMS, this month they charged me N12. They charged me N40 for maintenance fee then N100 for administrative fee. They still charged me extra N5 for VAT on administrative fee. What rubbish!
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by precious1967(m): 4:04pm On May 29, 2016
first bank is now 419. they are deductin almost four charges from my account. i ve collected a form 4 refund of d said charges. old bank due for refurbishing.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by precious1967(m): 4:06pm On May 29, 2016
CoCoLav:
They are thieves!

Account that I haven't used since last year, they keep sending me debit alert for SMS charges. If there is no activity in my account, what is the alert for? Last month they charged me N20 for SMS, this month they charged me N12. They charged me N40 for maintenance fee then N100 for administrative fee. They still charged me extra N5 for VAT on administrative fee. What rubbish!
they are dasukigate.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Zane2point4(m): 4:06pm On May 29, 2016
@op ur own case is even minor sef, firstbank services is ok but their charges is jux too outrageous, was even charged maintenance fee of N516 , sms charge of N156 in fact I recently opened a GTB acct I wana port immediately, will soon transfer all my moni out of that criminal bank.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Kingjames(m): 4:16pm On May 29, 2016
These bulk sms cost as low as N1.50k each yet these banks charge customers as high as N4 to N5 each making a profit of not less than N2.50k for each sms, if they charge for an average of 20 sms a month on just 1 million accounts from all their branches thats a profit of N50,000,000 on sms charges #corporatethieves

1 Like

Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Osama10(m): 4:19pm On May 29, 2016
fashrola:
See mine....

Funny enough i spend most of my life at sea.... and I hardly get sms from them and I'm still charged at dis rate

Your Name is still very clear oh. cheesy grin
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by UGLYS: 4:21pm On May 29, 2016
ikmuan:

I av met with d cc to deactivate my acct frm sms alert dat I never subscribed to at d point of opening d account yet deductions continues on my acct

Well, if you still receive alerts, it implies it hasn't be deactivated. Visit another branch entirely and state that you have initially made this request and it was undone. Wait and demand that it's done immediately. It's ya right.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by emflex(m): 4:24pm On May 29, 2016
Finally, there is loophole that Nigerians mostly in Lagos have been making money secretly. Now you too can make money every month wherever you are in Nigeria... Add me on BBM and i will show you how.

BBM pin: 58D50AE5
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by dotcomnamename: 4:28pm On May 29, 2016
pedrilo:
they did same to me, even charged me account maintenance fee and withdrawal fee. i mailed firstcontact and copied consumer protection council, cpc mailed me that they r working on it, after two weeks, first bank started refundin my money. pls i urge everyone to follow suit.
firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com
info@cpc.gov.ng
contact@cpc.gov.ng

GOD BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by izywzy: 4:31pm On May 29, 2016
dotcomnamename:

TRANSACTION DETAILS

same here o. Shebi urs na just #65, me ehn dey collected #240 4rm friday till ystdy.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by pappy4real(m): 4:39pm On May 29, 2016
No new at all. They deduct from my account every month though I've not used d acct for a while
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by dotcomnamename: 4:46pm On May 29, 2016
solidman59:
Nigerians and whining..... You want sms alerts and you are obliged. You are aware of the charges and you get charged and you still complain.

If you can't bear the charges, ask for it to be deactivated, email is free!!!!!!

Try and calculate the number of sms you have got from transactions in your account and multiply by four, if it doesn't add up then you have a case. But since you are too lazy to calculate it, shut up and move on.

I believe you have two complete eyes and you can read.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by ochuski(m): 5:01pm On May 29, 2016
mehn... am also a victim of this stuff... my diamond bank account dsnt behave like this at-all

Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by fashrola(m): 5:24pm On May 29, 2016
Osama10:

Your Name is still very clear oh. cheesy grin

Chairman grin
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by CioAngels(f): 5:29pm On May 29, 2016
It is a big disgrace to 'TRULY THE FIRST' with 2k balance truly the thief will send me statement of account four times a month which they will charge me 4 times, reason i don't understand. Yesterday they charged me 44naira for withdrawing on tuesday making five times, am sure by 31st they will text me balance of 900n and charge me 74n. I think cbn is secretly aidding them since everything done by country managers are now secretly done. (Sharia bill).
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by imoh4king(m): 5:33pm On May 29, 2016
Dear nairalanders, I just experienced the same thing But mine is really ALARMING....they took N516 frm my account claiming ...ACCOUNT MAINTENANCE for the month.

That was What they did last month and this deductions are always carried out during weekend..

THIEFS.......
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Phobia1: 5:48pm On May 29, 2016
dotcomnamename:

TRANSACTION DETAILS

i recieve twice of urs. they are notin but thief. am dumpin dem soon dou
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Leke001: 6:05pm On May 29, 2016
the one that has got me real worried is the deduction of #158 for account maintenance....pls,what does this mean?
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by fabulous01(m): 6:22pm On May 29, 2016
show us ur balance den i wii bilif u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire / What Business Can One Start With N15,000,000 / 29,000$ In Nigeria 2021?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.