Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,210 members, 7,822,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? (38680 Views)

GT Bank: Stealing Is Not Corruption. / How Can I Recover My Money From A Lady? / CBN Makes SMS Alert Mandatory For All Account Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by baba11(m): 6:32pm On May 29, 2016
Omotayor123:

Na so first bank they do my dear. They won't even wait till month end.

I usually receive both SMS and e mail Alert though so I don't really complain.
..they deducted #40 from my account too embarassed tongue
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Democivil: 6:34pm On May 29, 2016
na today u know say dem be thief... i mean first bank.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Jodasy: 6:48pm On May 29, 2016
u dont need to ask if they are stealing.my dear they do.i got that text early last week nd i thought that was all. nd today ,double alert came one #63 nd the other #96.I forgot to note of the one they removed early last week
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Boluwatife1: 6:48pm On May 29, 2016
Access bank deduct mine tooo
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by dubaiprince: 6:56pm On May 29, 2016
I even sent cbn a mail reporting them in addition to cpc for account maintenence charges on my account and they have all been reversed. I now move my salary to the last kobo when it drops into that useless bank
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by oluwashedy: 7:21pm On May 29, 2016
First Bank been deducting my money from time immemorial wifawt interest in return... I've switched to GT Bank tho
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Wuminity(f): 7:22pm On May 29, 2016
lol.... maybe you are the type that deposit and withdraw all the time, they once charged me 60 naira in one month like that. it was then i started cautioning myself on withdrawals. and wen they deduct this money, i get angry and feel like going to them to stop the alert... just lol.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by kinkymoney(m): 7:38pm On May 29, 2016
That's bad, although av also been charged more than that, cos I do withdraw most times...it is normal, av been charged #72, #56, today I still get #32...pls bear with first bank, we r first
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by sleemoon(m): 7:40pm On May 29, 2016
Mails nd i received yesterday... Ll go to first Bank to deactivate d sms alert... Even mail alert works faster than sms alert....

Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Sleekyshuga(f): 7:54pm On May 29, 2016
I experienced the same nonsense just now, and it's becoming a habit every month sad.. 3 different alerts came in at the same time..

• Alert for card maintenance. Which card are they maintaining? Since when did it become a monthly charge?..

• Alert for SMS charge since April 28-May 28 (#75.00 X2).. WHY deduct it twice?

• Alert for one other rubbish again, #3.00.. I was too vexed to read before deleting it..

Na so dem go dey collect money from people account dey give the charge yeye names..

1 Like

Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by wtfCode: 9:06pm On May 29, 2016
I thought i'm the only one. Mine was #220 last friday night. I'm moving out of that bank soon for fidelity or gtb. No zero acct, poor network, too much population.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by yemoxyl(m): 10:42pm On May 29, 2016
Same thing from fcmb
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Ikhilebab(m): 11:02pm On May 29, 2016
It's really annoying I was charged 112 for SMS alert and 222.30 for maintenance fee making a total of 334.30 from first Bank
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Nobody: 12:11am On May 30, 2016
skypeme:
I have also noticed abnormal deduction in my account, 50naira 12naira many times is always been deducted from my account. I av stopped using the bank anyway because I heard from a reliable source that the bank wants to liquidate

About three other banks are also on the verge of collapse. Take it seriously....

1 Like

Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by phenase(m): 2:38am On May 30, 2016
YES, THEY ARE ALWAYS STEALING, THOSE THEIR STAFF ARE CRIMINALS, THATS WHY I DON'T PUT HUGE AMOUNT IN MY ACCOUNT THERE.NO DAY THAT PASSES WITH GETTING AN SMS ALERT .DEDUCTION THIS OR THAT. I AM MOVING ALL MY MONEY OUT OF THERE THIS WEEK.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by marvolio2000(m): 3:59am On May 30, 2016
For the past three months first bank has Benn charging me about 500naira every 3 weeks for sms alert charge. Though I do a lot of transactions but not to warrant that amount. I think when I log in to my account. They also charge me for the sms notification that I logged in to my account. This is totally unacceptable.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by stugo: 5:27am On May 30, 2016
How do you handle this? FBN deduct money for account maintenance charge, then deduct vat on the already deducted maintenance charge. I will trash this out with them!
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by halmeyd(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2016
Chikebrain:
@dotcomnamename call support. First bank has been unlawfully deducting it's customers money any how. I had an almost similar issue when my savings account was deducted for a maintenance fee imposed by the bank unlawfully. I called First Contact and they told me thrash. I mailed their complaints unit and threatened to forward it to the CPD (Consumer protection department ) of CBN and my money was refunded.
Mail them and request a refund
pls do u still run dt ur airtime to cash service?
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by freshkik(m): 5:58am On Oct 24, 2016
They charged me, 100naira, & 5naira on the 10th of this month for what i dont know, thats not even the worse part, the worse was the with the 105 naira charges, they withdrew above 500 naira from my account, i went the next morning to complain @ the bank's cc, they told me some trash bout my money handing somewhere That i shld expect it in a months time I let it slide, on the 14 i received a SMS charge alert of 44 naira. Today, (10 days later) i woke up to receive another SMS charge alert of 132 naira, FOR ONLY 6 sms (some unnecessary sef) im angry... Infact i came across this thread when i decided to check for similar cases online, now i know first is shit, been using them for more than 5years, and it wasnt like this.... I'll go n close the account today and open a GTB account.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by kennykg(m): 6:06am On Oct 24, 2016
At least you guys get a notification to tell you how much was charged. Uba never sent me an SMS I just notice +100 naira gets missing form my account and I sent them a mail. That was when I was informed just imagine so these banks just take customers for granted, very soon people would have to hide money under their pillow.
Re: SMS Alert Charge: Is First Bank Stealing My Money? by Kolexclean(m): 2:16pm On Jul 24, 2021
How can first bank did this to me �‍♂️�‍♂️ This is not even their first time... how can you charge almost #1200 for sms charges... make una Dey fear GOD ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unilever Nigeria Stops Production, Sales Of Omo, Lux / Meet John Collison, Harvard Dropout And World's Youngest Self-Made Billionaire / What Business Can One Start With N15,000,000 / 29,000$ In Nigeria 2021?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.